Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E07: A Retreat To Remember

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

Why do Margaret's step children not speak to her when her ex husband is perfectly civil and friendly with her?  I'm sure they have their reasons, but that makes me sad.

It intrigued me (in a negative way) because she seems so forthright about everything. I did the maths and if M is 50, her oldest step is about 44, the youngest around 34 ( and IIRC her own son with Jan is 20-ish? now? )....

So the ones who reject her are not callow  millennials, trying to parse out their confusion over their cool (?) stepmom leaving Daddy. And if she was married to Jan at age 24 and stayed for  20 years before Joe Le Contractor, the kids were in their mid-to late-30s when the drama and marriage went down. IOW, there’s more going on.

This leads me to believe one or both of 2 things: (1) she got their inheritances, or (2) Jan is not well and was not well at the time of the split and they see her as abandoning him in his hour of need.

Notice how he didn’t recognize her at the party? She had to tell hm who she was?  I definitely co-sign on the “unwell” part.  The inheritance$...? Tale as old as time.

Intriguing, in any case.

• Love 9

I don't believe he wants her home/ work less lol. I think it's just a story, so they have something else to talk about.  I'm not saying he's not an ass. I just can't for the life of me  believe he wants Siggy home, lol.

That's a good point. There were a couple of times when he looked like he had no clue how to respond to her...or was legit scared of saying something while she was whipped into a frenzy! I'm not sure why he's even on the show right now, as a side note. Last season, it was about his privacy...but if their "marital tension" is a storyline for this season, it starts to make more sense. 

Siggy's over-the-top personality - the whooping entrance into the Boca bar, the "this is my town and I know everyone, everyone loves me!" shtik, the neediness - reminds me of Bette Midler's character in Beaches. "Enough about me, let's talk about you...what do you think about me?" Ugh.

I do love Margaret. She is smart, has some wack a doo fashion sense, and I don't mind her one bit on screen.

I'm trying to think of another instance where I liked a HW so quickly and immediately. Even with new HWs that I grew to really like, like Heather Thomson on NYC, it took me a while to warm up to them. Margaret seems very comfortable in her own skin and I like how she just puts herself out there, warts and all. And since she already has an established business, we're not going to be seeing any nonsense from her on "I'm recording a single!" (And while I'm not a fan of the pigtails, it's a RELIEF to see a HW who's not CONSTANTLY patting her extensions!)

• Love 9

Lol...Margaret wearing her hair up is a faint reminder of Patsy from AbFab!! 

This is the AbFab character Margaret has reminded me of since the moment she showed up...

1494d24f01bb0697e431bd6c6cd68d6665fe3f4c

I'm not sure why people insist on giving Danielle a pass. 

Because she's now on The Felon's good side. It's the same as with Melissa, who went from being hated for years, to suddenly liked.

So, every beef Siggy and Delores have with the others is because of some supposed loyalty to Jacqueline, who isn't even on the show? Okay.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

By avoiding conscription, Israel has the right to arrest Shiddy if she ever returns to Israel - even on vacation.

This is technically accurate, but also highly unlikely. She's probably gotten a dispensation based on the fact that she's been living and attending university in the states. That's what I did (similar situation, but my parents didn't move back to Israel). Her sob story about being all alone, is a load of crap. She made a choice, and hardly had a difficult life because of it. The bullying nonsense over her name made my eyes roll all the way back.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, BckpckFullaNinjas said:

It intrigued me (in a negative way) because she seems so forthright about everything. I did the maths and if M is 50, her oldest step is about 44, the youngest around 34 ( and IIRC her own son with Jan is 20-ish? now? )....

So the ones who reject her are not callow  millennials, trying to parse out their confusion over their cool (?) stepmom leaving Daddy. And if she was married to Jan at age 24 and stayed for  20 years before Joe Le Contractor, the kids were in their mid-to late-30s when the drama and marriage went down. IOW, there’s more going on.

This leads me to believe one or both of 2 things: (1) she got their inheritances, or (2) Jan is not well and was not well at the time of the split and they see her as abandoning him in his hour of need.

Notice how he didn’t recognize her at the party? She had to tell hm who she was?  I definitely co-sign on the “unwell” part.  The inheritance$...? Tale as old as time.

Intriguing, in any case.

She told someone on the show they don’t speak to her because she cheated on their father - not a bad reason.

• Love 3

Didn't Dolores say something last season to Jacqueline about Teresa only being interested in making money right now and not their friendship?

And Dolores gave herself away completely at the dinner when she said "why didn't you ask what I meant? Oh if I had said it" She caught herself

Edited by ZoyaJ
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, jaync said:

This is the AbFab character Margaret has reminded me of since the moment she showed up...

Because she's now on The Felon's good side. It's the same as with Melissa, who went from being hated for years, to suddenly liked.

So, every beef Siggy and Delores have with the others is because of some supposed loyalty to Jacqueline, who isn't even on the show? Okay.

I believe that's the character Bubbles who was Edina's assistant at her PR agency and the shot might even be from the AbFab movie. Jane Horrocks. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, nexxie said:

She told someone on the show they don’t speak to her because she cheated on their father - not a bad reason.

True.....I guess I’m so used to the idea that these women live life with a whole different set of rules than me in my nervous middle classness, that to me, they’d get over the infidelity, since he did (apparently).

Interesting ... since contemplating @nexxie‘s comment, I’ve had my first sour thought about Ms. Pigtails: she’s trolling for pity because “her kids” rejected her. I don’t like pity-trolling. Should she stop with the tears [sic] over them, I’ll return to unthinking fandom.  

• Love 1
11 hours ago, jaync said:

Yeah, Margaret is many things, but Patsy she ain't. Catriona, though? Spot on, sweetie-darling.

I believe that's the character Bubbles who was Edina's assistant at her PR agency and the shot might even be from the AbFab movie. Jane Horrocks. 

Nope. That's Catriona, one of Patsy's on and off co-workers.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 1
On 20/11/2017 at 4:24 PM, nexxie said:

True, some kids get pretty upset.. I'm not sure I'd like Joe calling me every five minutes, what ya doing, who are you with, Magtails sees it as love, I see red flags. She screwed around on hubby #1, easy to do with Joe as well, right #2? 

• Love 1
On 11/16/2017 at 9:26 AM, brillia79 said:

I'm guessing the only difference between her words and the rest of the New Jersey cast is the lack of audio proof of their views.

Nothing about any of these women screams "accepting of black people" to me.

That includes the Manzos.

I agree...lol but maybe the gorgas (joe and meliss) she had a black music producer a couple of seasons ago...lol 

On 11/15/2017 at 8:44 PM, KungFuBunny said:

ust what a Women's Empowerment Retreat needs - an on hand plastic surgeon to tell you you need work

Ha! Brilliant. All this self-help crap by unqualified charlatans gives me hives. I would go if Margaret and Joe were leading it. Theirs is the only marriage in all of Andy Cohen's universe that i have hope for surviving 

• Love 2
On 11/20/2017 at 2:12 PM, ElsbethTascioni said:

This is technically accurate, but also highly unlikely. She's probably gotten a dispensation based on the fact that she's been living and attending university in the states. That's what I did (similar situation, but my parents didn't move back to Israel). Her sob story about being all alone, is a load of crap. She made a choice, and hardly had a difficult life because of it. The bullying nonsense over her name made my eyes roll all the way back.

So I have a question about this. I will admit to not knowing much about Isreal’s conscription laws and I feel like the details of Siggy’s story have always been a little vague. Would this apply to non-citizen residents? For instance if I moved there with my family during High School with no intention of becoming an Israeli citizen and left to go to college would this apply to me? I’ve never been sure if Siggy claims citizenship or not so I was t sure how the Israeli citizenship laws would apply to her.