Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E07: A Retreat To Remember

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, twilightzone said:

There was a effort by the cast and producers to edit Danielle out of this season - after an audio surfaced of her yelling racist profanities against an ex.  She can be heard calling him a "stupid f***ing Mexican." She also dropped the n-word several times.  That's why she wasn't given full time status.

I'm guessing the only difference between her words and the rest of the New Jersey cast is the lack of audio proof of their views.

Nothing about any of these women screams "accepting of black people" to me.

That includes the Manzos.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, brillia79 said:

I'm guessing the only difference between her words and the rest of the New Jersey cast is the lack of audio proof of their views.

Nothing about any of these women screams "accepting of black people" to me.

That includes the Manzos.

Deflecting?  We're about what's been reported about Danielle - not anyone else.  The Manzos aren't even on the show anymore.

And it's on record where she accused the show of giving her daughters PTSD.

• Love 5

I've been meaning to say this for weeks. About Teresa's opening: I don't think she understands the meaning of "Namaste." I really don't.

I"d like to visit that resort, but not in connection with any retreat organised by Ms. Flicker. Clearly her idea of "empowering" women involves nothing but polishing up the surface. Furthermore, I'd say that screaming "F you!" at everyone who hurts your feelings is a great way to have no friends at all.  I hope the women who attended that retreat were comped by Bravo, because that was pitiful.

Siggy  continues to annoy me with every single thing she says and does. I do like her house -- at least the exterior. I think I like the interior, at least what we've seen, but I know I like the exterior.

I don't like Danielle and haven't since her first run on the show. I tend to believe her in the Dolores vs. Danielle "who said what" argument, though.

Teresa spends a lot of time looking completely jaw-dropped confused. Either she's putting on that stupid act or she's really dumb. "Was Joe cheating on me?" she asked as though such a thought had never crossed her mind, despite the phone call we all heard a couple of years ago while the RHoNJ cast was in that doggoned vineyard. Not to mention all the tabloid reports. (None of which need to be true to have provoked a thought or two.)

Margaret, bless her heart, was playing to the crowd and never saw the storm clouds forming on Siggy's face. Siggy's not going to handle this well. Remember her strategy when someone hurts your feelings. I suspect we'll see it played out next week.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, twilightzone said:

Deflecting?  We're about what's been reported about Danielle - not anyone else.  The Manzos aren't even on the show anymore.

And it's on record where she accused the show of giving her daughters PTSD.

Not deflecting. Just not wearing blinders. Not sorry.

I'm not going to pretend this cast believes in racial harmony to appease others. I'm damn sure not gonna pretend like a n bomb has never come from anyone who has ever been on this show. If we're gonna dig into what's on record for Danielle, then everyone else is fair game.

It won't be pretty.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Radar said:

7 episodes down and we already get a preview for the rest of the season! Are they just doing like 14 episodes and the reunion for this season of NJ?  

I don't know how many episodes they are doing, but we probably got the rest of season preview because the show may not be on next Wednesday night due to the Thanksgiving holiday.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, twilightzone said:

I'm not sure why people insist on giving Danielle a pass.  She has a horrible reputation for lying and causing trouble. There was a effort by the cast and producers to edit Danielle out of this season - after an audio surfaced of her yelling racist profanities against an ex.  She can be heard calling him a "stupid f***ing Mexican." She also dropped the n-word several times.  That's why she wasn't given full time status.

In addition, she has accused HW of giving her daughters PTSD.  Even though she was the one that had them on the show and insisted on putting them in adult situations. 

I don't give her a pass, I think she's a proven lying pot stirrer! 

I didn't mind Siggy as much this week, Delores was okay as well. I just want Theresa to stop touching her friggin hair!!! If she doesn't like the ulta long extensions, take them out. Magtails, honestly she needs to let them go, it's hard to take her seriously,

Teresa spends a lot of time looking completely jaw-dropped confused. Either she's putting on that stupid act or she's really dumb. "

That's her normal look, and imo she's not very bright!

• Love 7

Great posts!

Maybe I'm the only one, but with the exception of Soggy's mental state, I'm enjoying this season.  I don't think it's boring at all...I can't wait to watch the next episodes.  I thought last season was a waste of time and boring, other than watching Tre come back to the family.  I couldn't stand whacko Jacko and then being subjected to Ashlee/Kathy/Rich.  I absolutely feel Soggy is channeling Jacko.  

Soggy/Dolores are obviously trying to secure their place on the show.  I think they see Margaret as potentially shoving them out of favor with Melissa/Tre.  She's likable and interesting, and instead of embracing her they see her as their competition.  I think Margaret took them by surprise.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, brillia79 said:

Not deflecting. Just not wearing blinders. Not sorry.

I'm not going to pretend this cast believes in racial harmony to appease others. I'm damn sure not gonna pretend like a n bomb has never come from anyone who has ever been on this show. If we're gonna dig into what's on record for Danielle, then everyone else is fair game.

It won't be pretty.

What are you referring to vis a vis "this cast" and their "racial blinders"? Who has said "the 'n'" word? What happened? 

• Love 3

Dolores and Siggy both have a self-righteous attitude about themselves...I can see why they get along so well. Siggy got an apology from Margaret while she has called Margaret a horrible human being and behaved like an absolute idiot yet somehow Siggy thinks that she was the bigger person by inviting Margaret to her retreat. Margaret did as much as she could to apologize for hurting Siggy's feelings. Siggy momentarily putting aside her hyper emotional behaviour on pause for a moment isn't an example of her being the bigger person. Dolores tried to pull the same act with Danielle. She made a claim about Danielle doing drugs and when Danielle calmly confronted her about it, Dolores had the audacity to act like she was above the discussion and therefore wouldn't entertain it...when she was the reason the conversation was even happening in the first place.

Does Teresa really not know how to pronounce the word 'hilarious'? 

So the pit exercise - I was only half paying attention but I thought the role playing in the pit exercise was to take a moment to try and understand how the other person felt, not to recreate the problem while pretending to the be the other person...was I wrong or was Margaret wrong? lol

Siggy - there's pretty much nothing about her that makes me understand why she's a motivational speaker. It says a lot when you have the likes of Teresa and Melissa pointing out that trying to inspire a message of female empowerment seems counterproductive when you spend a day having women listen to plastic surgeons and getting their make-up done. I've always thought that the whole draw to motivational speakers is that people are inspired by someone who has overcome big challenges and are sharing their lessons learned to help others cultivate their own journey to success. How do people believably look at Siggy as fulfilling that role when this woman has literally sunk into the trenches all over someone calling her Soggy because she was being overdramatic and emotional? On a scale of life problems, at Siggy's age that should be something that you should have learned by now to let slide off your back. People would tease me for my name (fair enough, I have a difficult and uncommon name). I'm not traumatized by it in the least. At this stage in her life, Siggy holding on to a childhood memory like that is just a crutch she's using to minimize her idiotic behaviour. 

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 13

I'm not buying the kids all bullying Siggy only because of her name.  I've known kids with goofy names but as long as the personality is there the other kids may kid them for awhile, but then overlook the goofy name.  I've known some popular kids with goofy names and as long as there's a good personality there sometimes the name makes them even more cute!  I think the kids picked on Siggy because there was no good personality there at all.  Can't you just see how spoiled and entitled she would have been as a bratty 10 yr old?  (Actually put any age in there.)  She'd be the loud, irritating girl always trying to break into the crowd with her 'Look at me! Look at me!' act.  I'm sure her classmates saw her tongue sticking out routine regularly.  What would make her more mature as a child than she is as an adult?  In fact, the thought of Siggy as a kid is terrifying!  Any of her classmates who have watched this show are probably hysterically laughing AT her and throwing a drink back every time she acts 'Siggy'. 

• Love 13
On 11/16/2017 at 0:36 AM, Misslindsey said:

Margaret's Siggy impression gave me life! I loved the rest of the ladies reactions to it. I like Margaret. I like that she just isn't blindly loyal to one person just because they are friends. She pointed out that she thought Delores bringing up Danielle's possible drug use was shitty. The other week when she was not on the best terms with Delores she said that Danielle bringing up Delores living with her ex was not anyone's business. Margaret is pretty diplomatic and calm when she disagrees with others as well. I do not love the pigtails, but I feel like I am used to them now on her.

I like Margaret too. I laughed at her and Joe trying to figure out how to hangup on Facetime.

• Love 9
On 11/15/2017 at 6:10 PM, KungFuBunny said:

I love Margaret!

I like her husband Joe too

Joe at the Wallpaper store: How about instead of Fabulosity we try Normalocity?

LOL

I loved Margaret's husband!  He just was so over it all.  He's probably tired about hearing about all these women every day.

On 11/15/2017 at 7:28 PM, Duke2801 said:

Pretty surprised Delores went there about Joe to Teresa. Well kinda-sorta. I'm sure T is aware of Joe's indiscretions, or at least the rumors about them. But I don't know if she'll ever admit it on camera. 

Theresa will never, ever admit that on camera.  Until the day she decides to leave Joe and then officially make it her storyline.  

On 11/15/2017 at 7:38 PM, ShawnaLanne said:

I'm telling you,  I'd ask for a refund.  Soggy is cool cool and that shit about being so tormented about the name calling she received as a child being the reason she flipped her shit,  either she is lying or she is much more damaged and stupid than I thought. Get over it old lady. 

On 11/15/2017 at 9:36 PM, Misslindsey said:

I am sure Siggy was teased because of her name when she was younger, but I did not think that was the reason why she was mad at Margaret in the first place. I thought it was about the memorial on the beach, Margaret not siding with Siggy about the damn cake, Margaret hanging out with the other ladies, and whatever else Siggy dreams up.

I agree.  If Siggy was really upset because of this deep seated hurt from high school, she would have shared it with Margaret when they met.  Not just pretend to make up, try to embarrass Margaret in front of their mutual "friends", and then pull out this story during her Women's "Empowerment" Seminar as a case study of "how to be the bigger person like me".  She's full of shit.  

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 12
16 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

I loved Margaret's husband!  He just was so over it all.  He's probably tired about hearing about all these women every day.

Theresa will never, ever admit that on camera.  Until the day she decides to leave Joe and then officially make it her storyline.  

I agree.  If Siggy was really upset because of this deep seated hurt from high school, she would have shared it with Margaret when they met.  Not just pretend to make up, try to embarrass Margaret in front of their mutual "friends", and then pull out this story during her Women's "Empowerment" Seminar as a case study of "how to be the bigger person like me".  She's full of shit.  

Hence the nickname of Shiddy Fucker

• Love 6
On 16.11.2017 at 3:35 PM, KLJ said:

I don't comment much on these threads, but I can't help it because I HATE Siggy.  I feel like this year it's the Siggy show.  She is a very unlikeable person and doing herself no favors if she expects people to want to pay for an 'empowerment' retreat by such an unstable person.  I think I'd rather get a root canal again then attend one.  

Also, if being called Soggy was so bad and traumatic, why on earth would she put them on t-shirts?  Too contradictory if you ask me.

Liking Margaret and her husband seems sweet.  Just so weird to me that her kids are upset and not talking to her but she seemingly has a good relationship with her ex-husband. If he can get over it, I would hope that her kids could as well.

Dolores seems very cold towards and over the friendship with Tre.  

Since the beginning of this season my hatred of Siggy has been steadily growing. She is obnoxious, she is stupid, she is loud, she is horrible etc etc. I guess the hatred (and her persona) peaked in episode 5 when she was screaming at the dinner for the restaurant. She doesn´t have a connection with reality nor a sense of her inner self, and I think she´s even worse than Jody from the real housewives of vancouver. That is saying a lot, since I´ve hated very many housewives throughout all the franchises but no-one has ever come close to Jody when it comes to being nasty, crazy and vile. But Jody had "something" that was slightly (or even a lot) more tolerable than what Siggy is bringing to the table. Jody´s crazy was more fun to watch, and her loudness & rudeness came into play during a specific time or place (not just everywhere like with Siggy).

Margaret on the other hand is one of the best new housewife additions in a long time. I even like her pigtails and I´ve never had a problem with them even though she´s considered by most to be to old for them. I think they make her look cute (as the older lady that she is).

My dream for this season is that someone will knock Siggy out cold the next time she starts being loud. And when it comes to Danielle and Dolores´s feud, then I´m 100% team Danielle. In fact, I want to bet that if anyone has what it takes to knock out Siggy, it is her.

• Love 20
49 minutes ago, halkatla said:

Since the beginning of this season my hatred of Siggy has been steadily growing. She is obnoxious, she is stupid, she is loud, she is horrible etc etc. I guess the hatred (and her persona) peaked in episode 5 when she was screaming at the dinner for the restaurant. She doesn´t have a connection with reality nor a sense of her inner self, and I think she´s even worse than Jody from the real housewives of vancouver. That is saying a lot, since I´ve hated very many housewives throughout all the franchises but no-one has ever come close to Jody when it comes to being nasty, crazy and vile. But Jody had "something" that was slightly (or even a lot) more tolerable than what Siggy is bringing to the table. Jody´s crazy was more fun to watch, and her loudness & rudeness came into play during a specific time or place (not just everywhere like with Siggy).

Margaret on the other hand is one of the best new housewife additions in a long time. I even like her pigtails and I´ve never had a problem with them even though she´s considered by most to be to old for them. I think they make her look cute (as the older lady that she is).

My dream for this season is that someone will knock Siggy out cold the next time she starts being loud. And when it comes to Danielle and Dolores´s feud, then I´m 100% team Danielle. In fact, I want to bet that if anyone has what it takes to knock out Siggy, it is her.

I, too, have that dream!  We need old-school, table-flipping, hair-pulling Teresa to come back and make that dream a reality. Forget that namaste bullshit.  

• Love 9
43 minutes ago, halkatla said:

I saw a few interviews with Margaret. She was approached by Bravo in 2013 and she turned it down because of timing. Bravo then went on to film the season with the twins and Amber. Before this season her friend Jodi who is also a friend to Siggy (Jodi was on telling Margaret about Siggy embarrassing Melissa at the purse party) told her they were looking again to add another cast member to RHONJ. She went in and got it. Her introduction to the show would be Siggy who she described as an acquaintance (they attended many of the same events).

I think the hatred that comes from Siggy/Dolores towards Margaret/Danielle stems from them trying to show their "loyalty" towards Jacqueline. Jacqueline wasn't fired, she just wasn't invited to come back in any capacity. I think they (meaning Jacqueline) look at Margaret and Danielle as women who came in to replace her.

I think this loyalty with Jacqueline is also the reason Shiddy Fucker went ham on Melissa about the cake - because Melissa had her fight with Jacqueline last season in the restaurant. It's pretty ridiculous because it wasn't Melissa who threw the cake it was Teresa.

I'm also team Danielle

• Love 11

Wow so Jody, Margaret and Siggy all have a connection? I´m blown away. I forgot that Margaret was supposed to be some kind of friend of Siggy in the beginning. She is just handling everything so well, she isn´t shy and she keeps up with the drama without shit-stirring (so far, maybe she´ll be flipping tables at seasons end).

I don´t get why Sig and Dol would want to go so far out of loyalty to Jacqueline but it does make sense non the less, as an explanation.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, halkatla said:

Wow so Jody, Margaret and Siggy all have a connection? I´m blown away. I forgot that Margaret was supposed to be some kind of friend of Siggy in the beginning. She is just handling everything so well, she isn´t shy and she keeps up with the drama without shit-stirring (so far, maybe she´ll be flipping tables at seasons end).

I don´t get why Sig and Dol would want to go so far out of loyalty to Jacqueline but it does make sense non the less, as an explanation.

Margaret was asked why Jodi wasn't on NJ as a cast member. Margaret said I don't know, but you will see her a few times this season and that she hopes Jodi would be added as a HW next season. She said the dynamic between the 3 of them (Margaret/Jodi/Shiddy) would make for interesting TV.

Do you remember last season how Siggy and Dolores crawled up Jacqueline's ass in every fight that occurred? There was the Robyn fight and the Melissa fight and they were both constantly running after Jacqueline and trying to comfort her. Poor Melissa couldn't even talk about her son in wrestling because Jacqueline had a melt down.

Siggy and Margaret weren't "friends" and it wasn't Siggy that introduced her to this group other than for the sake of the continuity of the show. Margaret owes her nothing.

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 6
On 11/16/2017 at 11:00 AM, twilightzone said:

I'm not sure why people insist on giving Danielle a pass.  She has a horrible reputation for lying and causing trouble. There was a effort by the cast and producers to edit Danielle out of this season - after an audio surfaced of her yelling racist profanities against an ex.  She can be heard calling him a "stupid f***ing Mexican." She also dropped the n-word several times.  That's why she wasn't given full time status.

In addition, she has accused HW of giving her daughters PTSD.  Even though she was the one that had them on the show and insisted on putting them in adult situations. 

I agree. If anyone has doubts about who Danielle really is, they should watch her past seasons on this show. Offering a bathroom bj on camera when she has 2 teen - preteen kids at home. Exposing her girls to all kinds of nastiness. Bringing a gang of thugs to a benefit for a child with cancer, and causing a huge scene. Threatening violence. She is a deeply damaged and disturbed person. And there isn't enough yoga in the world to fix her.

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Margaret was asked why Jodi wasn't on NJ as a cast member. Margaret said I don't know, but you will see her a few times this season and that she hopes Jodi would be added as a HW next season. She said the dynamic between the 3 of them (Margaret/Jodi/Shiddy) would make for interesting TV.

Do you remember last season how Siggy and Dolores crawled up Jacqueline's ass in every fight that occurred? There was the Robyn fight and the Melissa fight and they were both constantly running after Jacqueline and trying to comfort her. Poor Melissa couldn't even talk about her son in wrestling because Jacqueline had a melt down.

Siggy and Margaret weren't "friends" and it wasn't Siggy that introduced her to this group other than for the sake of the continuity of the show. Margaret owes her nothing.

I can just imagine Jodi and Siggy running around screaming/talking together, having the best of time. Or spitting and cursing in public at someone they don´t like. They have that in common, they are the sort of people to never forget, never forgive and they go all out when it comes to petty vengeance. I can´t wait for Margaret to leave Shiddy (and Dolores) in the dust, I would much rather have Jodi on than them.

I must admit that I didn´t keep up with last season that much, I couldn´t really tell anyone apart except for Jac, Teresa and Melissa, the other ones just blended together (and having had that problem with the twins´ season too, I just couldn´t force myself to try to be excited). I´m sure Siggy and Dolores were terrible then as well.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Lady of nod said:

I agree. If anyone has doubts about who Danielle really is, they should watch her past seasons on this show. Offering a bathroom bj on camera when she has 2 teen - preteen kids at home. Exposing her girls to all kinds of nastiness. Bringing a gang of thugs to a benefit for a child with cancer, and causing a huge scene. Threatening violence. She is a deeply damaged and disturbed person. And there isn't enough yoga in the world to fix her.

You are right, and I agree with you, but still, Danielle was a beautiful train-wreck. It didn´t feel good to enjoy watching her as much as I did, but I must admit that I liked her crazy stuff. At least I would have kept her instead of the revolving door of boring cast mates who never worked out, season after season. I really felt bad for her kids but other than that, she was amazing. Psycho, but amazing. Hopefully she has gotten some help and it won´t end badly, this time.

• Love 5

That "retreat" was an absolute joke. I half-expected Siggy to say, "and now, please spend time with our corporate sponsors!" You know if Melissa Gorga doesn't think you're going deep enough, you're in pretty shallow waters. I haven't seen Siggy offer any wisdom that couldn't be found in the self-help section of any bookstore. (Wow, "know your worth" is something no one has ever heard before!) And her calling Margaret out, without agreement in advance, was highly unprofessional and reflects completely back on her. For someone whose stock in trade is relationships, Siggy is completely tone-deaf. And as far as apologies go, I'd like to see her give one to the Gorgas for making such a scene at their tasting. 

I think Siggy's cred as a "relationship expert" also takes a hit by having her second husband on the show now. Really, this guy's your soulmate? When he's trying to dissuade you from pursuing your dreams? If Siggy saw that dynamic playing out with a friend of hers, I bet she'd have a lot to say about it. And I'm still reeling over the "cookie" talk, and Siggy's obvious feeling of competitiveness with Josh's girlfriend. I don't know how much of Siggy's issues are hormonal, but the woman is a mess, unprofessional, and I don't see her as an "inspirational" speaker at all.

And that exercise the next morning, about facing off with someone you're having issues with - in front of everyone - and role-playing...that kind of stuff is clumsy at best. 

• Love 15

Siggy's mantra is "Know your worth" because you'll need that information when figuring out what services you can afford from her divorce lawyer, plastic surgeon, cosmetologist, and professional photographer shysters consultants.

Edited by SweetieDarling
grammar
  • Love 15
22 minutes ago, archer1267 said:

That "retreat" was an absolute joke. I half-expected Siggy to say, "and now, please spend time with our corporate sponsors!" You know if Melissa Gorga doesn't think you're going deep enough, you're in pretty shallow waters. I haven't seen Siggy offer any wisdom that couldn't be found in the self-help section of any bookstore. (Wow, "know your worth" is something no one has ever heard before!) And her calling Margaret out, without agreement in advance, was highly unprofessional and reflects completely back on her. For someone whose stock in trade is relationships, Siggy is completely tone-deaf. And as far as apologies go, I'd like to see her give one to the Gorgas for making such a scene at their tasting. 

I think Siggy's cred as a "relationship expert" also takes a hit by having her second husband on the show now. Really, this guy's your soulmate? When he's trying to dissuade you from pursuing your dreams? If Siggy saw that dynamic playing out with a friend of hers, I bet she'd have a lot to say about it. And I'm still reeling over the "cookie" talk, and Siggy's obvious feeling of competitiveness with Josh's girlfriend. I don't know how much of Siggy's issues are hormonal, but the woman is a mess, unprofessional, and I don't see her as an "inspirational" speaker at all.

And that exercise the next morning, about facing off with someone you're having issues with - in front of everyone - and role-playing...that kind of stuff is clumsy at best. 

I have not heard any real wisdom that you couldn't summon up yourself.

There was nothing constructive about the entire seminar. Not to nitpick but my background in meeting planning gave me a critical look at the room set, she should have spent the extra few dollars for a classroom set up, tables would have been a nice touch if anyone wanted to take notes or even have a place to put their muffin and coffee.  After hearing her speak, why would anyone take notes, lol.

It is easy to blame bad behavior on hormones but I call BS on that excuse with Siggy, she strikes me as someone who says something nasty then follows up with, "I'm just being honest." 

I have the urge to throw cake when ever Siggy is on my screen.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

Siggy's mantra is "Know your worth" because you'll need that information when figuring out what services you can afford from her divorce lawyer, plastic surgeon, cosmetologist, and professional photographer shysters consultants.

She is in it for the money. No way does she give a crap about actually helping anyone but herself.

I would have walked out and demanded my money back.

Total Fruit cake in need of medication!!

I dislike all of them this Season - too much screeching and behaving ugly. 

Edited by booboopbedoo
  • Love 1
On 11/15/2017 at 10:19 PM, Bronzedog said:

Poor Marge sure can't read a room.  Old Soggy's gonna rip her a new one.  

You are probably correct but Soggy gave them the exercise so if she gets all butt hurt that's on her. Soggy humiliated and blindsided Melissa at her party. I sure as fuck would come for her.   

• Love 8
59 minutes ago, booboopbedoo said:

She is in it for the money. No way does she give a crap about actually helping anyone but herself.

Exactly. She sees it as the perfect way to make money. It's relatively easy. All she has to do is in stand at the front of the room and yell at women for an hour. All eyes on her. She loves it. 

• Love 6

I love that immediately post Miami trip Siggy was mad at Margaret for bonding too much with Melissa and Teresa and ignoring her friend Siggy who brought her into the group and now it's all that she doesn't know Margaret at all. It would be so much easier if Bravo just acknowledged that some of these women are cast without ties or at least only superficial ties to one another.

• Love 3

I cannot imagine how Siggy will have any kind of profitable business after this.  How could she imagine for a moment that anyone would take her seriously after viewing her, her behavior, and the idiotic nonsense that is her stock and trade?    I would not trust this woman with an order of groceries.

• Love 5

Siggy needs to buy a sense of humor.  When Margaret was imitating her (as Melissa does next week), Siggy had the perfect opportunity to see herself as others do and maybe even laugh at herself.  Her grudge-holding and me-my-mine feelings attitude seems how NOT to have good relationships.

Even in her social media, she talks about how it's a TV show and she's bringing the entertainment but then says how real she is...but at least she's consistent in that she can never acknowledge another point of view lol.

• Love 2
On 11/16/2017 at 8:53 AM, bichonblitz said:

All I see with Delores regarding Tre is a great deal of animosity. They may have known each other for 20 yrs. but I don't see a real friendship there, no warmth at all so I agree with you, @Ghoulina. Also, Delores is good friends with Caroline Manzo and Jacqueline which kind of explains how she truly feels about Tre. 

Delores cannot stand Teresa!  If I already didnt know that , I certainly do now.  She let  "Joe cheated" hang there and did it in a hurtful way that no friend would do.

The difference between Delores and Teresa,  when Teresa acknowledged she didn't understand why Delores would want her ex living in her home. Teresa sounded like a real friend who sounded concerned for her friend. 

I can't stand Delores she reminds me to much my dislike for Caroline and Jacqueline. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 7
On 11/15/2017 at 9:29 PM, poeticlicensed said:

Do people actually pay money to go to Siggy's retreats? You would have to pay me to sit there and listen to her screech. 

gys 

Really, it takes a new kind of gullible to believe this insecure mean girl has the answers.

• Love 1

Are we really meant to believe Soggy ate that entire massive Sundae herself? Even if Dullores helped...  come on. Also, Soggy was so tormented from being teased bout her name she (a)didn’t decide to change it as an adult and (b) decided to profit off of “Soggy” from peeps dumb enough to buy her self promoting krap? Pfft. And even if the editing is making Soggy look “worse” than it should, she still did all those stoopid things and still comes off as an unhinged ding dong. I don’t care if Marg was teasing her that night Soggy stuck her tongue out etc, Siggy’s behavior is STILL pathetic. I seriously think Sog and Dull decided to hate Marg because Jaq went out and Marg came in, to a warm welcome from Tre & Melissa... and Marg isn’t blindly buying what Sog is selling. 

• Love 3

I highly doubt that anyone is attending Soggy's seminars because they think she has legit wisdom to share. They're fans looking for an autograph and a photo op. You could get better relationship and life advice from a random drunk teen on spring break than you could from her.

Dolores finally showed just how much she despises Teresa when she talked so confidently about juicy cheating on her. When y'all mentioned that she was friends with Clowny I knew she couldn't really be a friend to Teresa, but her saying that stuff on camera to Teresa makes it 100% certain. As crazy as Danielle is, and she's about as batshit as a person can get (that scene of her trolling through town with her daughters in the car talking about how everyone is out to get her...scary AF), I believe what she said about Dolores.

Teresa's hair in the TH makes her look like a Littlest Pet Shop yorkie.

I have to say, as much as I'm distracted by Margaret's hair (clearly purchased from the Brett Michael's discount hair emporium), she's easily the most likeable, or at least more entertaining one in the bunch this season.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

. Also, Soggy was so tormented from being teased bout her name she (a)didn’t decide to change it as an adult 

I had the exact thought. Unless her legal first name, Sigalit, has some deep family or traditional/cultural/historical meaning, like her mother's maiden name, I don't get why she just didn't change it when she went though the process of becoming a US citizen. I wonder what her middle name is.

Name calling, bullying and playground rhyming can (and sad to say will) occur regardless, of what the name is, but we all know some names leave a bigger crack in the door open for hecklers.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, sATL said:

did I miss the why/backstory regarding - Delores living with her ex.  the kids are grown, he is a successful lawyer, she has a boyfriend.. 

I don't think you missed it unless I did too. The only thing I remember is Delores mention her ex and his girlfriend broke up. There was no real explanation why he didn't get his own place. Obviously it's just story so Delores' home life isn't just her. The ex clearly loves being on camera. 

I was thinking of what some of you were saying about siggy and her husband. I don't believe he wants her home/ work less lol. I think it's just a story, so they have something else to talk about.  I'm not saying he's not an ass. I just can't for the life of me  believe he wants Siggy home, lol . Seriously how often can she be gone? Does she tour the country giving lectures?  if she does I'm shocked. For many reasons. 

• Love 1

I will venture to say that If Siggy had been named Lisa Michelle (the first and third most popular names for girls in 1967, around her birth year) she would’ve been tormented — because of her attitude. You can see that her parents still act cowed on around her. Kids - especially bullies - have no filter about their attitude toward folks like Siggy.

I forget  (don’t really care about) her childhood trajectory, other than born in Israel and demanded to go to the US as a teen. The photo they usually show when she talks about that shows an angry-looking young woman posing with a pretty nice car. She doesn’t ever come across as anybody with a sense of humor or self-awareness who could laugh at herself or engender loyalty. 

And “child is mother to the woman,” to reframe a truism. A kid showing Siggy’s temperament might have a hard time finding friends and then become a magnet for taunts. 

I think Sigalit is a gorgeous name and Siggy is a cute nick. Especially if she spent any school years in Israel, a Hebraic name should not have been out of the ordinary at all. 

Edited by BckpckFullaNinjas
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, BckpckFullaNinjas said:

than born in Israel and demanded to go to the US as a teen

She moved to the US when she was 5, her family moved back to Isreal after she graduated college and she wanted to come back to the US to go to college.

her family moved back to Isreal after she graduated college and she wanted to come back to the US to go to college.

You mean her family moved back to Israel after high school? Otherwise, that doesn't quite make sense...

• Love 2

You know if anyone looks like they are on drugs it's Delores.  She always looks just a bit out of it and glassy eyed.  I actually like that she doesn't feel the need to be dolled up 24/7 in front of the cameras, but she's worn the same denim outfit three times already.  Something's off with her, and her close friendship with Jac and Caroline makes me not trust her.

I laughed out loud at Joe not knowing how to hang up on Facetime and Teresa responding to Delores' drug claims with "but she does yoga...."

Why do Margaret's step children not speak to her when her ex husband is perfectly civil and friendly with her?  I'm sure they have their reasons, but that makes me sad.

I'm enjoying the season.  The only extremely huge exception to that is Soggy.  She brings the whole show down and it's not cute.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, BBHN said:

You mean her family moved back to Israel after high school? Otherwise, that doesn't quite make sense...

From what I remember Shiddy and her family came to the US but moved back to Israel. Siggy did not want to serve her time in the Israeli Army. It is a requirement for Israeli citizens - women when they turn 18 must serve 2 years in the Israeli Army. She is basically a draft dodger. She begged her parents to let her move back to the US before she was called to serve. By avoiding conscription, Israel has the right to arrest Shiddy if she ever returns to Israel - even on vacation.

• Love 8

Iy yi yi, Siggys retreat is just filled with fan girls hoping to get some camera time on RHONJ. It serves them right that they were exposed to a shrill harpy expounding memes from facebook.  I found it fantastically funny that she has Siggy merch, and is even trying to make money off of Soggy Flicker; which she just cried about how many painful memories that name brought up. Siggy is a loud obnoxious arrogant fraud. I enjoy RHOFNJ letting her have her swan song off of this series, as she is a two seasons and done. The woman is unstable and not fun to watch. I still can't believe she pulled tongues at Margaret and pretended to hit her from behind. Those immature actions told me absolutely everything I needed to know about Siggy. Please go away and stop assaulting my ears.

While your leaving Sig, bring humorless Delores with you. Delores is just following along behind Sig, and will defend her regardless of what the crime may be. Delores seems to me to be a friendless lamb, and unwisely thinks teaming up with Team Sig will assure her a third season.  The weird relationship with her fame whore ex (oh gee, I wonder why he wanted to move back, perhaps some camera time?!) as well as her limited wardrobe and limited ability to see the forest thru the trees annoys me to no end.

Theresa looks soooooo odd in the season one takes, wow was her hairline 1/2 way down her forehead!!!  Thankfully she took some wise advice and made herself over.

Danielle, I agree needs to back away from the Grecian formula. Any woman over 35 needs to realize jet black hair doesn't compliment. Beyond that, her behavior hasn't been too crazy yet, but it appears she is screwing her BF in the bathroom in an upcoming episode. Danielle has always mistakenly thought being over the top sexually provocative is a way to act, I think that behavior is always best left behind closed doors, but that's her prerogative.

I do love Margaret. She is smart, has some wack a doo fashion sense, and I don't mind her one bit on screen. Marg Sr. can also stay. I feel for her with her loss of her relationship with her step children.  It just goes to show you....you reap what you sow ....she cheated on her ex and choose the new guy;  its naïve of her to think the step children were going to be ok with her screwing over their dad. 

Overall this season is SO much better without any hide nor hair of a Manzo, a Jackie, a twin, or a brooding Marchese.  It can get better by ditching Soggy and Delores and bringing some friends of Margaret's on.

Edited by Crazydoxielady
  • Love 7