Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E04: Some Guy

halgia
  • Start Topic

43 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

God damn you show for killing Shiva.

Thank you Carol for being a competent badass.

I laughed when they tackled Zeke to protect him.  It looked like a bunch of football players trying to tackle the guy with the ball.  I also laughed at Zeke trying to crawl out from under the dead people who were about to become zombies, and when the bullets had no guns.  I was thinking, "I wonder if he regrets wasting all those bullets killing the windows."

I did enjoy Daryl and Rick chasing down the guns, and Carol saying somethings she decided, and somethings life decided.

I cheered when Shiva finally showed up, and saved their asses again, but that was short lived.  God damn you show for killing the Tiger.

Stop killing Shiva & horses & any animals please!. It's disgusting.

• Love 19
35 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

Michonne should have been there, but her story line has been handed to Carol.  Michonne is too busy waiting on Rick to be a fighter.

You and I are always quite similar in our views on Richonne. However, there is a difference between a Michonne story and a Carol story. Michonne is never perceived as harmless, regardless of how tiny or hot she is, so she alternates between lurking around like a ninja and kicking ass headon like an action hero. Carol, on the other hand, reminds most of the Saviors of their mothers and aunts who died five minutes into the ZA, so she can play helpless and scared and turn their expectations on them. This week was very much a Carol story. If anybody is taking up Michonne's "strong, silent, deadly warrior, and dedicated protector of Rick," trademark, it's Daryl. And won't that be a fun bedroom scene for Michonne to come home to when she gets back from the movie set?

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 15
22 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

It's a sad testament to how bad this show has gotten that THIS episode was so entertaining. 

It's sad that Shiva is gone.  I found it impossible to suspend my disbelief with the CGI tiger.  But I really love tigers so I didn't mind Shiva that much.

I'm more pissed off that we've lost all of the Kingdon's warriors.  They were the heroes of the ZA and now they're gone.  It might have been corny that they believed in all that 'King' stuff but they BELIEVED in something that wasn't cruel or exploited the weak.  Ezekiel might have been 'some guy' but he inspired a lot of people. 

Only Zeke, Jerry and Diane are left from the OG Squad.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, CletusMusashi said:

And won't that be a fun bedroom scene for Michonne to come home to when she gets back from the movie set?

Lol, won't it though. This whole discussion did remind me that Carol is still an unknown quantity to the Saviors. The only two that would have known about her are dead now.

• Love 9

Figured Shiva was on borrowed time since I can only imagine what the CGI budget was for her, which while not the greatest, probably was enough that the notoriously stingy AMC was freaking out each time it was used.  Still felt bad for her and while I guess it was nice she died saving Ezekiel, I still felt, like with most things on this show, they never fully realized her potential.  Still annoyed that she didn't kill at least one important Savior at any point.

At least Jerry is still alive!  Sure, it's kind of ridiculous that all of the nameless Kingdom folks get torn apart while Ezekiel and Jerry managed to live, but at this point I have come to accept the main cast having amazing plot armor, until suddenly they don't.  Plus, I do hope they look into the aftermath and Jerry's feelings now that he realizes that Ezekiel isn't the unstoppable powerhouse he use to pretend he was.

Have no idea who was playing the Savior that kidnapped Ezekiel, but he really looked like Scott from Orphan Black's creepy cousin.  Speaking of which, I wonder if the Savior Rick stabbed and tossed out of the van will miraculously survive, since he was played by a recognizable enough of a face (Charles Halford) that I can see him being more then just a day player.

Best episode so far, mainly since I actually enjoy Ezekiel despite his hammy persona and speeches, due to the show and him at least acknowledging that it is mainly a show and he really doesn't think he's King Shit.  That and Khary Payton is really good.  I'm not saying it was great anything, but it was the first episode this season where I actually gave a damn, so progress?

Of course, 

Spoiler

next week we are getting the "long awaited" return of Negan and how he somehow doesn't simply just get shot by Gabriel in that trailer, so I'm not getting my hopes up on this turning around.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Smad said:

Every time someone starts in on a monologue they should just be Carole-d. Good grief.

Ha! Sic her on Negan negan-ing.  If he doesn't get killed by Maggie, as he should (but no the writers suck and will have rick get the honor)

Or a comic death like he slips getting out of the shower and falls head-first onto Lucille.

i have such a crush on Jerry now.  Even in his bad-ass moment of killing Savior Dahmer he was screaming like omg I'm cutting a dude right in half!!!!?!?!

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, festivus said:

Carol is always my favorite part of any episode. The day we lose her is the day I'm done with the show.

I've almost wanted Carol to do another "I'm takin' off and I don't ever want to be found. For reals this time!"  I never ever want her to be killed, but if she wasn't on the show at all I could stop watching so easily.  I'm barely hanging in there now. I have ff'd through a good chunk of the last few episodes.  Other than the rare sighting of Carol, there is simply no reason to watch what they are showing me.

• Love 5

Another mediocre episode for me. I am sick of flashbacks and speeches. It feels like all they do anymore. The Savior was so cartoon villain that he was hard to take seriously. Also, the zombies weren't so far away that he should have been comfortable speechifying until he could be sliced open. I figured Shiva was going to get killed but it was pretty sad. 

To its credit, I think this episode had a better flow and made more sense than last week's random cuts between battles. I liked the action sequences and it is nice to have Carol back to being Carol. I just wish they would stop wasting our time with speeches and random details (close up of a shirt being buttoned!). It feels like they have 2 hours of story but they were told to stretch it into 10. 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

Ha! Sic her on Negan negan-ing.  If he doesn't get killed by Maggie, as he should (but no the writers suck and will have rick get the honor)

I don't think Negan knows every single person working for him, just the leaders in their respective crews. Carol should just pull another Assassin's Creed style operation ala JSS and go in as a Savior, bag him and bring him to Alexandria or Hilltop. Then let everyone have a chance to Lucille him. I think everyone should have a chance to get their pound of flesh where he is concerned, not just Maggie.

Edited by Smad
  • Love 13

Fuck you, show. There's no way a 500 lb tiger is taken down by a handful of walkers.

Still sick of the back and forth timelines.

And now Talking Dead insists on ruining my night further with kirkman again on Talking Dead.

~~~~~~

Wow - my husband, who got me into the show, and is a much bigger fan than I am (at least for the past few seasons) is saying he's done with the show.

• Love 9

I was applauding this episode as the best of the season--a fun action sequence; a tense "last stand?" possibility for a couple of popular characters; a new thoroughly snarkable comedic Savior-villain; several moves that more or less made sense, which was a refreshing change.

But then they ruined it for me with the tiger's death scene.  It's extremely fucked up to linger so long and deliberately on the details of an animal desperately struggling and ultimately being overwhelmed, CGI or not.  

• Love 16
36 minutes ago, 17wheatthins said:

IDK why she didn't just run through them, at least to have a shot at survival? Tigers can jump pretty high, right? I mean, I know it's just a tv show, but wouldn't the tiger be fighting?

Shiva should have been able to get away from the zombies.  Tiger's are smart, strong, resourceful and dangerous.

Let me see if I have pieced together Rick and Company's strategy.  The walker herd has the main Savior compound penned down, and they will have to waste a lot of ammunition to destroy the herd.  Rick and Company have a lot of the guns Negan and the Saviors had stashed somewhere else.  Rick and Company are taking out the smaller Savior outposts which means fewer guns and less people for the Saviors.  At some point, they will regroup and return to the main Savior compound to finish off what's left of the Saviors there, possibly offering to let the workers live?

I'm more pissed off that we've lost all of the Kingdon's warriors.  They were the heroes of the ZA and now they're gone.  It might have been corny that they believed in all that 'King' stuff but they BELIEVED in something that wasn't cruel or exploited the weak.  Ezekiel might have been 'some guy' but he inspired a lot of people. 

I think they needed something to believe in, and guy with a Tiger for a best friend seemed like a good choice.  Especially since this guy wanted to build and help people survive as opposed to becoming a psycho who tortures and kills people.

1 hour ago, festivus said:

Lol, won't it though. This whole discussion did remind me that Carol is still an unknown quantity to the Saviors. The only two that would have known about her are dead now.

I thinks it's more than two.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 7

Sigh.  I hated seeing all of The Kingdom warriors and Shiva die.  All so Zeke can be brought down a peg?   That said, I did enjoy the Carol/Zeke/Jerry show.   Carol being competent means that all is right in the world.

I liked the Darryl/Rick Too Walking Too Dead car chase.  It was a good use of time, not drawn out, and gave us a resolution to the weapon situation.

I miss Michonne something fierce, and can't wait for her to be back in the fold.

• Love 11

The only thing I hate about animals dying in the shows is the over the top reactions to it.

The death seems to be from the comics and they needed to eliminate the Deus tiger at some point.

I don't get upset over animal deaths anyway. Don't care.

51 minutes ago, candall said:

I was applauding this episode as the best of the season--a fun action sequence; a tense "last stand?" possibility for a couple of popular characters; a new thoroughly snarkable comedic Savior-villain; several moves that more or less made sense, which was a refreshing change.

But then they ruined it for me with the tiger's death scene.  It's extremely fucked up to linger so long and deliberately on the details of an animal desperately struggling and ultimately being overwhelmed, CGI or not.  

The show has had agonizing drawn out deaths for so many human beings. Now, it's gone too far? 

It wasn't even as graphic as many humans get. I just can't relate to these reactions.

• Love 24
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Stop killing Shiva & horses & any animals please!. It's disgusting.

It costs a lot to CGI anything like a GOT Dragon or yes a tiger. They will kill them off sooner or later cause its really expensive for any show. They do it for fan service for a bit then kill them off because of cost eventually. 

23 minutes ago, TrininisaScorp said:

Sigh.  I hated seeing all of The Kingdom warriors and Shiva die.  All so Zeke can be brought down a peg?   That said, I did enjoy the Carol/Zeke/Jerry show.   Carol being competent means that all is right in the world.

I liked the Darryl/Rick Too Walking Too Dead car chase.  It was a good use of time, not drawn out, and gave us a resolution to the weapon situation.

I miss Michonne something fierce, and can't wait for her to be back in the fold.

I hope Carol is the last one standing. Honestly, at this point she is really the only one I truly care about on the show. The rest, meh. 

• Love 7

This was a really good episode.

I take off 2 points. 1 for Shiva dying and 2 for that god awful actor the little Neganite who held Zeke hostage. Showing all 70 teeth in all his scenes and stupid ass facial expressions.

Ezekiel was the highlight of the episode for me. Khary did a great job. Jerry killing Teethy McTeeth Neganite. Glad Jerry didn't die. Carol deciding to save Jerry & Zeke over taking the guns.

Also loved that a car chase had a little realism to it with Daryl & Rick not successfully dodging gunshots like you see in most action scenes. Daryl falling off his motorcycle and Rick's car smoking. 

More episodes should be like this but not gonna be lucky cause we have to deal with Pontificating Negan next week. Not even sure I want to watch.

• Love 6

Also, why couldn't they have shot Shiva and put her out of her misery? Cruel. Damn humans. 

Also, there is just too much freaking talking on this show. I guess it slows the zombies down since one minute the zombies are within arm's reach and once someone starts talking...and talking...and talking, the zombies end up being a few yards away. JFC, hurry this shit along.

My head starts itching every time Zeke is on the screen with that atrocious wig. It looks like a stray neglected dog with severely matted hair decided to sit on his head.

• Love 11

Like several others, I was gutted to watch Shiva die like that.  Death by walker is hard for me to see any character fall victim to.  At least main or long-time recurring ones.  But if Chris Hardwick is right and she did die in the comics, then . . . well . . . it was probably only a matter of time before it happened on the show.

But Jerry living and Carol, Rick, and Daryl all being bad-ass made up for it, at least.

With next week, though, I hope Gabriel comes out okay, and that he doesn't die thanks to fucking Gregory.

Edited by Star Aristille
  • Love 2

That was one of the most predictable animals deaths I've ever seen in TV or movies.  You could see it coming from miles away.  Every time Jerry and the King were nearly overwhelmed by walkers, you knew at some point Shiva would suddenly appear and self-sacrifice so they could escape.  Such a fucking cliche.   

That said, the episode was okay otherwise.  Liked the Carol scenes and the highway chase.   King Ezekiel gets a lot of grief for monologuing and his hair, but he's one of the best characters this show ever produced.   In terms of likability and nobility, I'd rank him up there with Herschel.   I'm pretty sure I'd follow him into battle too.   What is any commander, really, but a person playing a part, trying to inspire hearts and minds to action?

And was it my imagination or did the jabbering Savior utter something about "avoiding obvious symmetry" in the second before Jerry cut him down the middle?  lol.  

Edited by millennium
  • Love 8

Personally, I thought this week's ep was awesome, following two monumental duds.

Losing Shiva was horrible/awful/gut-wrenching (oops), but she got a heroine's send-off.  Watching Carol go Rambo on the Saviors was gratifying and long overdue.  Melissa McBride is perfect in the part, and it's great to see a middle-aged female who can fight for herself sans makeup and skimpy outfits.  I think she is a  beautiful woman with all kinds of character etched into her face.

I'm hanging in with the series as long as it goes on.  They'd only replace it with something worse, like Fear the Walking Dead.  I just couldn't with that show and quit the first season.

Edited by spiderpig
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

My head starts itching every time Zeke is on the screen with that atrocious wig. It looks like a stray neglected dog with severely matted hair decided to sit on his head.

Gah - This gave me flashbacks to those poor matted dogs on Animal Cops, where they'd remove more than a third of the dog's body weight in an awful matted exoskeleton.

R.I.P, Shiva.  You deserved better, even from a creepy troll like Kirkman. I FF'd through that scene, thank you very much.

• Love 7

Damn the writers even made the tiger fucking dumb. Even a house cat would have run away. But no she needed to be sacrificed for the fake king. 

Remember when Rick covered himself in Walker guts (as we learned from FTWD all it takes is a little smuts on the forehead and not intestines wrapped around your body)  and Michonne had her walker pets and they were able to walk through hoards with no problems. Carol sure doesn't.  They don't seem to be very proactive and they definitely don't plan well. Why didn't they try and find a working car? Why not just stay bit and see if Rick and Daryl come back or just wait for all the Walker's to walk away.

• Love 8

SHIVA!!!!! Fuck you, show! I never thought I could cry so hard over a fucking CGI tiger. Damn. 

Tiger death aside, I actually enjoyed this episode. I'm not sure if it was because the bar has been set so low, or the continued lack of Negan (AND Jesus), or if I've just made my peace with what the show has become now? I do know that I've always enjoyed The Kingdom and Zeke. So I liked the focus being on them. In fact, given the episode title and the arc they were giving the King, I was totally expecting him to bite it several times tonight. 

But I'm glad he didn't. Again, I like Zeke. I like the "KING" shit. I like his bluster. This isn't an arrogant man playing a game. He's giving people what they need. I liked his conversation with Carol, about becoming the person you're asked to become. You show up with a tiger, and what do people expect of you? I know he lost all his people. I get the guilt. But I think that ambush could have happened to anyone. I still think his bravado is a good thing. His group was by far the most cohesive. He banded people together. He inspired them. 

I loved when he told Jerry he didn't need to call him "king" any more, and Jerry responded, "Dude, yes I do". They needed him. They needed THAT. I hope he finds a way to go on. 

Speaking of Jerry - total beast mode this episode!!!! When he sliced Apocalypse Dahmer in half, I about lost my shit. Go, Jerry! Glad you're still with us. 

Carole was pretty badass as well. Loved her surprise ceiling attack. Love that she can still kind of use being an older woman to make people doubt her. And I love that she chose to save Zeke and Jerry over the guns. 

Didn't matter any way cause Daryl and twitchy-face Grimes were on it. A lot of that segment was a bit preposterous, but it sure was fun. I haven't hated Daryl once this season. Please tell me that mopey Daryl is gone for good, and take-action Daryl is back to stay. 

There was some really dumb shit. Like, are zombies suddenly SUPER slow? So slow that a badly injured, limping man can still out hobble them? Because that certainly wasn't the case with Shane and Otis in season 2. I had a lot of "wtf" moments, but I think it's just getting to the point where I handwave it all and just try to enjoy the show for what it's become. But....I highly suspect that as soon as Negan is back I'll be back to bitching about EVERYTHING. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 22
3 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

SHIVA!!!!! Fuck you, show! I never thought I could cry so hard over a fucking CGI tiger. Damn. 

Tiger death aside, I actually enjoyed this episode. I'm not sure if it was because the bar has been set so low, or the continued lack of Negan (AND Jesus), or if I've just made my peace with what the show has become now? I do know that I've always enjoyed The Kingdom and Zeke. So I liked the focus being on them. In fact, given the episode title and the arc they were giving the King, I was totally expecting him to bite it several times tonight. 

But I'm glad he didn't. Again, I like Zeke. I like the "KING" shit. I like his bluster. This is an arrogant man playing a game. He's giving people what they need. I liked his conversation with Carol, about becoming the person you're asked to become. You show up with a tiger, and what do people expect of you? I know he lost all his people. I get the guilt. But I think that ambush could have happened to anyone. I still think his bravado is a good thing. His group was by far the most cohesive. He banded people together. He inspired them. 

I loved when he told Jerry he didn't need to call him "king" any more, and Jerry responded, "Dude, yes I do". They needed him. They needed THAT. I hope he finds a way to go on. 

Speaking of Jerry - total beast mode this episode!!!! When he sliced Apocalypse Dahmer in half, I about lost my shit. Go, Jerry! Glad you're still with us. 

Carole was pretty badass as well. Loved her surprise ceiling attack. Love that she can still kind of use being an older woman to make people doubt her. And I love that she chose to save Zeke and Jerry over the guns. 

Didn't matter any way cause Daryl and twitchy-face Grimes were on it. A lot of that segment was a bit preposterous, but it sure was fun. I haven't hated Daryl once this season. Please tell me that mopey Daryl is gone for good, and take-action Daryl is back to stay. 

There was some really dumb shit. Like, are zombies suddenly SUPER slow? So slow that a badly injured, limping man can still out hobble them? Because that certainly wasn't the case with Shane and Otis in season 2. I had a lot of "wtf" moments, but I think it's just getting to the point where I handwave it all and just try to enjoy the show for what it's become. But....I highly suspect that as soon as Negan is back I'll be back to bitching about EVERYTHING. 

I often think about how f**ked they would be if these zombies moved like the ones in 28 Days Later!!  But apparently just shoving them out of the way suffices now??!! 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, BellyLaughter said:

I often think about how f**ked they would be if these zombies moved like the ones in 28 Days Later!!  But apparently just shoving them out of the way suffices now??!! 

Hahahaha! I had the same thought. Like zombies are just an annoyance now. Like the dog sniffing around while you're peeling potatoes into the trash. Just a gentle nudge and they'll go on about their business. 

• Love 8

I was accidentally spoiled for fact of Shiva's death, but that scene, and my emotional reaction to it has been many orders of magnitude worse than I could have predicted. 

*Flips off Kirkman and Gimple*

One beneficiary of Shiva's demise is one of my senior cats with dementia type habits that have made it impossible to get sleep with her in the room.  It breaks my husband's and my heart each night to close her out (even in her cozy bedding area she likes).  But tonight Girlfriend is currently sandwiched right between us in bed. All cats in the house may have also gotten a bonus round of treats.

• Love 19

This was easily the best episode of the season so far, which I realize is not setting the bar very high, but the story was coherent and I was able to actually follow the action without continually pausing to ask where anyone was or who they were.  There was some tension and stakes throughout.  Character actions mostly made sense with Carol and Jerry each being allowed to be competent and in best hero form.  I love a smart calculating Carol, so welcome back.  Khary Payton also turned in some very fine work in showing his building horror and anguish at watching the people he'd led and cared about be mowed down  and then reanimate to become a threat to him.

Farewell, sweet Kingdomers.  You were the first new group of people we'd met in seasons that I actually liked and was genuinely rooting for to survive contact with Rick and the crew.  Sure, all the speechifying got to be a bit much at times but Ezekiel has always been believable to me in a way that a lot of characters we've met in recent years haven't been in desperately trying to sell himself as much as the rest of followers on something to believe in in a world increasingly gone to shit.  In addition to being a badass with a battle ax, Jerry was lovely in voicing some of that.  If the Kingdom crew wanted to use cosplay as a basis for a new society, they weren't hurting anyone and actually succeeded in having the most livable and functional society of all the ones we've been introduced to, but all out war and all that, and so now they're dead.  I'm actually interested to see how Ezekiel as a character rebounds from here, which I can't generally say when the show goes the well trod route of knocking a character expressing hope or belief in anything off their high horse, so there's that.  From the previews, I know we're getting Talky McTalkerson back next week to surely stall any momentum or good will this episode may have built, but I would really like to see Rick in his jubilation at his "plan" succeeding in capturing the big guns at least acknowledge that this victory came at a terrible cost to an ally he did his best to browbeat into joining him.

I didn't know I needed a goofy car/motorcycle chase on this show while bullets spray everywhere, but surprise, apparently I did.

I just can't get that worked up about Shiva even if like many I have a certain amount of skepticism that a healthy several hundred pound predator animal could so easily be taken down, but since nearly everything else about the episode worked we'll go with it.  I assume at this point that any time a genre show introduces me to an animal, especially one that can only exist with expensive CGI, that they're going to kill it off sooner or later in the most gutwrenching way possible.

• Love 10
18 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

I just can't get that worked up about Shiva even if like many I have a certain amount of skepticism that a healthy several hundred pound predator animal could so easily be taken down, but since nearly everything else about the episode worked we'll go with it.  I assume at this point that any time a genre show introduces me to an animal, especially one that can only exist with expensive CGI, that they're going to kill it off sooner or later in the most gutwrenching way possible.

I guess I'm a horrible person because I really don't get why everyone is so upset about the tiger. I felt worse for Ezekiel for having to watch. I'm not an animal person but I would never bring harm to one nor stand idly by while someone else did but if I had to pick between an actual person and an animal, the animal don't stand a chance. And I wouldn't risk my life to save one. I'll see myself out

• Love 17
7 minutes ago, Boofish said:

I guess I'm a horrible person because I really don't get why everyone is so upset about the tiger. I felt worse for Ezekiel for having to watch. I'm not an animal person but I would never bring harm to one nor stand idly by while someone else did but if I had to pick between an actual person and an animal, the animal don't stand a chance. And I wouldn't risk my life to save one. I'll see myself out

I cried. But the main reason was BECAUSE OF Ezekial. That tiger meant so much to him. He was his companion; but, also, basically his reason for living. Zeke had the Kingdom and all his Kingdomers because of that darn tiger. Shiva was what started the whole King shtick. How do you go on after that? 

Don't get me wrong, I love animals, but death is a part of life in the ZA. Even for them. I was more upset because of what it meant for Ezekial. 

• Love 18
10 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I cried. But the main reason was BECAUSE OF Ezekial. That tiger meant so much to him. He was his companion; but, also, basically his reason for living. Zeke had the Kingdom and all his Kingdomers because of that darn tiger. Shiva was what started the whole King shtick. How do you go on after that? 

Don't get me wrong, I love animals, but death is a part of life in the ZA. Even for them. I was more upset because of what it meant for Ezekial. 

2 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

I can agree on that count.  I was much more affected watching Ezekiel and Jerry watch the big cat die and knowing what she represented for them than I was by the death itself.

I cried as well; but like you, for the humans. More than any other leader we have come across Ezekiel seems the most loving and sincere right after Guillermo from the Vatos (I will not let you guys be forgotten!!) I get the sense that losing all those people protecting him was bad enough but to lose Shiva was just an extra knife to the heart. The first time they tried to shield him and yelled "PROTECT THE KING" he yelled back "PROTECT YOURSELF" and that tugged at my heart. I know he talks like some drunk he keeps yelling Macbeth in the theater to get a rise out of the crowd but if the world is to ever have some semblance of normalcy again, it will need people like those of the Kingdom.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, BellyLaughter said:

Or Train to Busan (which for anyone who is fan of ZA movies this is one of the best!!! It's Korean so be prepared to read (on Netflix). I seriously cannot stress how good this movie is)

Last night my fiance who only watches because of me said "those are some slow zombies" and my response was "it all depends on who they are after"

• Love 8

Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!  Not the tiger!  I'm more upset about that than the people.  Oh, and you know some of those people at the end had loved ones killed.  I wouldn't have been silent about that.  And yet I smile, my ass.  Off note-gooey dead are toxic dead. lol  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, BellyLaughter said:

Unless you’re a 500 lb tiger who can take the head off an animal with a paw swipe.  Then you get all weak and stupid.

im glad that fake ass tiger is gone.   I swear I saw it shimmering.  This could maybe cause 2 or 3 of the 185 commercials to be cut with the savings.  

Just dress someone big in a tiger costume.  It would be as believable.  

I’m hoping some of the turtle people that Dahmer guy shot are alive, just stunned likeMorgan was. 

• Love 3

I've always looked forward to Sunday nights when TWD was on, now not so much.  There are just too many characters.  Every year they add a lot more with too many names to remember.  This show jumped the shark for me when Negan appeared.  He is just TOO evil, so evil that it's unbelievable that anyone would follow him.  Why hasn't he been overthrown?  That episode when Glen and Abraham were massacred was just too much, too evil.  I preferred TWD when our little band of characters was on the move, trying to find a place to settle.  They should still be moving with new adventures.  

• Love 4

I like Ezekiel a lot: if I were in the show, I would want to be in his group. Also, I don't care about the complains about his hair. I like it and I don't think it's unrealistic, I've seen pictures of Bob Marley where he was wearing the same hairstyle, even bulkier. It's cool.

Carol's awesome.

The worst part about Negan is that his death won't be as cruel and degrading as he deserves because there are some lines we don't really want our heroes to cross. So what if he gets eaten by a zombie at the end? What if he gets shot? That's just natural death, in this world. 

• Love 15
12 minutes ago, Helena Dax said:

The worst part about Negan is that his death won't be as cruel and degrading as he deserves because there are some lines we don't really want our heroes to cross. So what if he gets eaten by a zombie at the end? What if he gets shot? That's just natural death, in this world. 

The only “appropriate” death for Negan would be for him to be doing his pelvic THRUST! thing at some zombies while he’s speechifying at them, and get his dick bit off.  Anything else would be anticlimactic.

No pun intended.  

Maybe.

Edited by Nashville
Formatting
  • Love 15
8 hours ago, Star Aristille said:

With next week, though, I hope Gabriel comes out okay, and that he doesn't die thanks to fucking Gregory.

He has been tortured with Negan's speech for the last three weeks,  He might not be sane as a person when they will be back.  Nobody can handle so much torture, he will be fu**** forever even if nobody physically touched him.

• Love 12

The episode was brutal on The Kingdom and Ezekiel looks absolutely broken. His people were ride or die, and they did. I was stunned by how quickly they swarmed him, giving their own lives without hesitation to protect him. Regardless of his origins, they loved that man and the sanctuary he built with them. I’d be eye rolling through his speeches but I wouldn’t hesitate to follow him. He doesn’t buy his own bullshit for a minute. He does it for his people. It was awful watching them turn and stalk him.  Daniel, the ginger, looked very menacing and I thought the actor did the zombie thing very well. I was surprised Shiva was taken down so easily by the Toxic Avenger zombies. I thought perhaps she’d been injured during the shooting but didn’t see any wounds. A bad day all around for Ezekiel.

What the hell kind of Kool Aid is Negan serving that his people don’t take the opportunity to escape when it’s available? Ezekiel said in his opening speech that some of Negan’s people are there due to circumstances and some are just murderers. I’m beginning to think he’s wrong. Everyone seems to buy this I Am Negan crap and show absolute loyalty even when Lucille and the hierarchy are elsewhere. It’s stretching my very flexible suspension of disbelief a bit far.

Carol is the absolute best at presenting herself as overwhelmed and non-threatening before kicking ass. Rick and Darryl managed to prevent the weapons from getting to Negan. Jerry survived. There’s been a nice break from Negan and Jadis but I guess all good things.....

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, Helena Dax said:

I like Ezekiel a lot: if I were in the show, I would want to be in his group. Also, I don't care about the complains about his hair. I like it and I don't think it's unrealistic, I've seen pictures of Bob Marley where he was wearing the same hairstyle, even bulkier. It's cool.

Also Mike Borden,  the drummer  from Faith No More, same hairstyle.

59916_2.jpg

• Love 6