Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E04: Some Guy – Pre-Air Speculation and Live Chat

halgia
  • Start Topic

"A new Savior weapon" in the episode named 'Some Guy'.  

So what's the weapon and/or guy.... is it a Eugene brainstorm?  Walker!Eric??  Every Savior now carries around a pre-recorded Negan speech, played on repeat, so the 'enemy' blows their own brains out to avoid the ear-bleeding torture???

• Love 3

Is it the trojan horse of all the prisoners at the Hilltop?  Gregory said that Negan already knew the intel he gave him.  So there must be a spy (Some Guy?) and that spy could release and arm the prisoners.  

The title leads me to believe that it must have something to do with Eugene.  Last season in "Hostiles and Calamities" didn't Negan say something to him along the lines of "So you really are just some guy..." ? or maybe I'm remembering incorrectly.  I don't feel like firing up the Netflix to check.

3 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

Given the last couple of episodes, this episode title makes me think that's what we'll be looking at in Part 4 of this season's shoot 'em up.  Who's that?  Some guy.  Who's he shooting at?  I dunno.  Some guy.

LMAO. 

40 minutes ago, leocadia said:

The title leads me to believe that it must have something to do with Eugene.  Last season in "Hostiles and Calamities" didn't Negan say something to him along the lines of "So you really are just some guy..." ? or maybe I'm remembering incorrectly.  I don't feel like firing up the Netflix to check.

Good catch!  I read or heard one of TPTB say that someone was going to challenge Negan for most hated character.  I thought maybe it would be Gregory doing something really bad, but maybe it will be Eugene if he really helps Negan do some damage to CDB.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

Given the last couple of episodes, this episode title makes me think that's what we'll be looking at in Part 4 of this season's shoot 'em up.  Who's that?  Some guy.  Who's he shooting at?  I dunno.  Some guy.

What's this "war" about anyways?  Some guy who talks too much pissed off some bearded guy who kills some other guys with a hand-ax after he makes promises to them.  Heard he ran down a dude in a cop car once too, but you know they say about rumors & assumptions...

• Love 2
1 hour ago, leocadia said:

All I could find was this:

Eugene: I – I am, indeed, a smarty-pants. I...taught myself to cast bullets. I...found a – found a machine shop with the necessary... I – I read a lot, and, um... Although my... Even though my memory is not considered eidetic, I don’t skim and I don’t scrimp. If knowledge is dropped, I do, indeed, pick it up.
Negan: (chuckles) Oh, you really are just some asshole. (The other Saviors look amused)
Eugene: N-No. I’m not. I have PhDs in biochemistry, as well as immunology and microbiology, and I have completed my doctorate, which makes me a doctor. Prior to the collapse, I was part of a 10-person team at the Human Genome Project, working under Dr T. Brooks Ellis to weaponize diseases to fight weaponized diseases. Fire with, uh...you know, f-fire. Well, see, interdepartmental drinks were – (Stops in mid-sentence, distracted by a loud walker which has been impaled inside the chain-link fence and is so badly decomposed that its body from the rib cages on down just suddenly drops away, followed by assorted internal organs)

• Love 3
6 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

I just bet that's totally accurate. It's the way I've spent the last couple eps. Who is that? Where are they? What are they doing?

• Love 4

I am going to go out on limb and say "Some Guy" is that man rambling to himself, that Carl left food for. Please, whomever you maybe, do not speechify, monologue, or make Shakespearean decrees...or I'll be wishing for Daryl to pop-out of no where to give give him the thump.

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

Looks like this will one will heavily focus on The Kingdom and Eziekiel.

*groan*

The one person who gives Negan's vocal cord workout regime a run for their money.

27 minutes ago, AllyS said:

I am going to go out on limb and say "Some Guy" is that man rambling to himself, that Carl left food for. Please, whomever you maybe, do not speechify, monologue, or make Shakespearean decrees...or I'll be wishing for Daryl to pop-out of no where to give give him the thump.

I don't know about speechifying, but he does a lot of pacifying of imaginary people so he can ease his conscience before and as he's eating them.... at least going by the little bit we saw of him before.

• Love 1