Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E11: Only Doing It for the Money

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

On 11/15/2017 at 9:48 AM, jumper sage said:

Yes they said that Herb Alpert's daughter and he ran the restaurant.  She was the one complaining about the food.

I met a guy who worked with Herb Alpert yesterday!  I didn't get a chance to ask him about Herb, but if I continue to see him, I will :)

Funny timing!

• Love 3
On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 10:47 PM, nenya said:

When I first heard Kate and Jen's conversation, I was a bit on Jen's side. But upon re-watch I'm back to team Kate.

In a way, she complimented the daughter (by essentially saying that is when Jen stopped whoring).

But Jen was completely inappropriate to begin with. She and Kate are not friends. They don't have that banter. Ben and Kate, sure, they talked like that to each other. Jen and Kate - no, that is your boss. Even if you don't respect her, you have to show respect.

I've got no dog in this race because I think both of them are dumb and bitchy, respectively.  Imo, Kate was the one completely inappropriate to begin with.  Then Jen continued the inappropriateness.  

Kate started it by making a sexual innuendo about how Jen was spinning the champagne bottle to chill it.  Jen wasn't' doing it fast enough, Kate told her so and then asked if she had been very popular - insinuating that Jen's hand job skills sucked.  Then the talk began about whoring around and Jen's daughter.  So stupid.  They're really scraping the bottom of the bucket for drama.

Kate says, she's not Jen's friend, she's her boss.  Therefore, why does she feel at liberty to make comments about Jen's sex prowess or sex life? 

Kate also said Jen is "out of line" and "being mean".  Bish can dish it, but can't take it.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Then the talk began about whoring around and Jen's daughter. 

After the popular remark, Jen was the one who said she couldn' show off her special skills because they were in the bedroom, further said that she hadn' been whorng around as long as Kate and then proceeded to imply that having a child out of wedlock somehow made one a whore by insisting multiple times that she was married when she had her daughter.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

After the popular remark, Jen was the one who said she couldn' show off her special skills because they were in the bedroom, further said that she hadn' been whorng around as long as Kate and then proceeded to imply that having a child out of wedlock somehow made one a whore by insisting multiple times that she was married when she had her daughter.

Right. After Kate started the inappropriateness, Jen took the ball and ran. 

Much ado about nothing. Both of them need to decide if it's okay to talk that way to one another, or not. It can't be okay for one and not the other. Whining about how their fee fees are now hurt is kind of ridiculous. Neither has a leg to stand on. But since Kate is the boss, she needs to set a better example. 

• Love 1

I am always surprised when folks take a show like this so seriously. We're talking about a reality show that seems now to be less legitimate yachties, and rather, reality show TV fame whore wannabes. Kate and Jen talk to each other in whatever way is more inflammatory to get more air time and to ensue a spot next season. And all of us watching are contributing to this...

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 3
On 11/17/2017 at 6:54 PM, LoneHaranguer said:

Matt hasn't always followed proper sanitary procedures, so maybe he doesn't belong there either. I know he's no different from many other chefs, but he's got cameras recording him.

this photo is from just after he had that spoon in his mouth to taste it.

Screen Shot 2017-11-19 at 6.17.07 AM.png

• Love 1
11 hours ago, ryebread said:

Right. After Kate started the inappropriateness, Jen took the ball and ran. 

Much ado about nothing. Both of them need to decide if it's okay to talk that way to one another, or not. It can't be okay for one and not the other. Whining about how their fee fees are now hurt is kind of ridiculous. Neither has a leg to stand on. But since Kate is the boss, she needs to set a better example. 

I agree that it was much ado about nothing. But, to be fair, Kate was fine with the banter. I don't think she cared that Jen basically called her an "old whore". That's Kate's style of humor. Jen is the one who seems to want to engage in it, then freaks out when she feels it goes to far. 

I think the only thing that bothered Kate was how Jen came at her LATER. She wasn't bantering and joking around any more. She was basically demanding an apology (though she didn't seem to want to give one herself) and making it very personal by calling Kate out as a "miserable person". THAT'S when Kate got annoyed. Like, "Oh, so we can't banter back and forth in the kitchen without you deciding that I'm just being a bitch because I have a horrible life."

I do agree that Kate needs to stop it. Jen has proven that she's not the kind of person you can be one bit friendly with. She needs to keep it strictly professional. 

• Love 5

Hmmm..... Kate tried to make friends with Jen. Do you remember the kate & jen shopping trip? For some reason Jen wants to act like a baby and kate is her stepmom she fights with. I think bad casting this season. Nico & Jen are just made for leading roles. I think the reason the Jen act doesn't work is because it doesn't make any sense. In real like she is a real estate agent and raising a child. Then on the boat the 30 year old acts like a little baby. I don't Nico has to act because he is a baby. Last season he couldn't accept that he was involved in the party that broke the bathroom panel. Now this season he thinks he is mature enough to be bosun?

Edited by Belowdeckchatter
  • Love 3

Kate is only 34??! I would have guessed 44.

Baker is just a guy's buddy. She has a very masculine vibe about her, tough and loud and all "YEAH MON!" Her and EJ was never happening. Nope.

I loved seeing Captain Lee's wife and what a sweet relationship they have.

• Love 3
On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 3:26 AM, gingerella said:

I am always surprised when folks take a show like this so seriously. We're talking about a reality show that seems now to be less legitimate yachties, and rather, reality show TV fame whore wannabes. Kate and Jen talk to each other in whatever way is more inflammatory to get more air time and to ensue a spot next season. And all of us watching are contributing to this...

LOL  But, we can't just stop.....

Can we?

• Love 2

Kate’s job is to create a team that can work cohesively together for the good of the charter.  Not to pit each other against each other to create havoc.  Jen is not the sharpest tool in the shed but she has been treated unfairly.  Most of the guests seem to like her.  Kate should be fired for her treatment of Jen.  I just wanted to add that most of the guests seemed to like Jen.  A little smile is far better than that old resting bitch face!

Edited by Emmeline
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Emmeline said:

Kate’s job is to create a team that can work cohesively together for the good of the charter.  Not to pit each other against each other to create havoc.  Jen is not the sharpest tool in the shed but she has been treated unfairly.  Most of the guests seem to like her.  Kate should be fired for her treatment of Jen.  I just wanted to add that most of the guests seemed to like Jen.  A little smile is far better than that old resting bitch face!

i couldn't disagree more!  kate tried with jen.  the guest do not see what goes on in the galley.  jen is a constant complainer and lazy.  jen should have been fired long ago. the day kate went on shore and jen didn't do any work would have been it for me.

granted, what kate said in front the about not being good at her job was uncalled for, only because it was in front of the guest.  jen's nasty comment to kate just before the guest appeared would been enough.  she called kate a bitch.  tell me where that would be tolerated.

i could go on but won't.  it would not change your mind nor will you change mine lol!  

• Love 5
8 hours ago, jaybird2 said:

i couldn't disagree more!  kate tried with jen.  the guest do not see what goes on in the galley.  jen is a constant complainer and lazy.  jen should have been fired long ago.

I agree with this.

20 hours ago, Emmeline said:

Kate’s job is to create a team that can work cohesively together for the good of the charter.  Not to pit each other against each other to create havoc.  

But I agree with this, too.  Kate's job IS to create a team that can work cohesively together.  And she sucks at it.  She's got terrrrrrible management skills. 

I saw a rerun yesterday when she told other crew members, "50 bucks says she's pregnant when she comes back." about Bri as she left for her date with Matt.  Joking?  Maybe.  Highly inappropriate for a manager?  Absolutely.

Jen is a lazy dumbass that should be fired.  Kate's just a dumbass.  That should be fired.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, jaybird2 said:

i couldn't disagree more!  kate tried with jen.  the guest do not see what goes on in the galley.  jen is a constant complainer and lazy.  jen should have been fired long ago. the day kate went on shore and jen didn't do any work would have been it for me.

granted, what kate said in front the about not being good at her job was uncalled for, only because it was in front of the guest.  jen's nasty comment to kate just before the guest appeared would been enough.  she called kate a bitch.  tell me where that would be tolerated.

i could go on but won't.  it would not change your mind nor will you change mine lol!  

We all have our opinions and I was not trying to change yours and I meant no disrespect.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

We all have our opinions and I was not trying to change yours and I meant no disrespect.

oh, i'm sorry!  i wasn't upset.  i put lol at the end of sentence re opinions so that everyone would know i was 'lighthearted'..;;guess that didn't work.  please accept my apology.

i just wanted you to know that i was ok with having a different opinion.  i just didn't express myself very well.

i would never berate someone for having a different opinion.  it's interesting to see how we can watch the same scenes and yet come away with a different takes.

Edited by jaybird2
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, jaybird2 said:

oh, i'm sorry!  i wasn't upset.  i put lol at the end of sentence re opinions so that everyone would know i was 'lighthearted'..;;guess that didn't work.  please accept my apology.

i just wanted you to know that i was ok with having a different opinion.  i just didn't express myself very well.

i would never berate someone for having a different opinion.  it's interesting to see how we can watch the same scenes and yet come away with a different takes.

Thank you for saying that JAYBIRDS!  I appreciate it.  

• Love 4

This is off topic from an old

episode of Below Deck when Sierra Storm was on .  Remember when One of the guests got hurt on the ? and Lee told her to make a big batch of the alcoholic beverage called the “pain killler”.  Instead she was fixing up a little silver bowl of something like Tylenol.  Talk about dumb!

8 hours ago, Emmeline said:

This is off topic from an old

episode of Below Deck when Sierra Storm was on .  Remember when One of the guests got hurt on the ? and Lee told her to make a big batch of the alcoholic beverage called the “pain killler”.  Instead she was fixing up a little silver bowl of something like Tylenol.  Talk about dumb!

i think that was the first show with kyle and she played him.  at least that's what i remember.  and oh. she was dumb, just not as hateful.  also kyle didn't take rejection well.  although she wasn't very nice about it.

Edited by jaybird2
  • Love 1