Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E11: Only Doing It for the Money

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

That's it. Fire her,  don't lower yourself to Jen's type of banter. Kate is a professional and should fish or cut bait on that move , should have weeks ago. Jen is a disaster for sure. 

But it wasn' lowering herself, it was a benign comment in the context of the convo and then Jen said she was attacking her, that she wasn't a whore because she was married when she had a kid, and that Kate was a childless miserable shrew (the last part was implied only the miserable part was said). Clearly neither Kate or Lee have the power to fire anyone but Jen was the one who overreacted and used it to continue to complain and attempt to make herself a martyr. 

• Love 15

Some people like a lot of salt in their food and if it's not there, they claim it lacks flavor.  I've noticed that with a lot of professional chefs on the food network channel.  Their number one complaint is not properly seasoning the food.  I wonder if Matt struggles with proper seasoning or if it's taste buds of people who are salt freaks.  I personally don't use much salt.  I find many foods in restaurants so salty, that I can't eat them.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Sai said:

Yet again when asked a question by the guests Jen says she doesn't know because no one told her.  She's a straight up ASS and very unprofessional.  I used to waitress and the first thing I did when I came in for my shift was ask what the specials were, what the soup of the day was, what the vegetables of the day were, etc.  It's not anybody's job to chase down employees and let them know what the specials are.  It's up to Jen to ask.  It's what someone who cares for their job and clients/customers does.  She complains all the time, she calls her boss an old whore.  I can't even believe the restraint Kate is showing.  I would have ripped Jen a new one.  

9 minutes ago, LoneHaranguer said:

Based on what I saw, I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt in that I think she asked and Matt hadn't decided yet. But that doesn't excuse her from copping an attitude about it in front of the guests.

I'm not giving Jen the benefit of the doubt about the breakfast special. It was eggs benedict. It's not super complicated to make, but timing is a huge issue when making it. It's not really a last minute decision. But I watched the episode again. Jen never asked what the special was when she first came on service nor was it addressed until the guests asked about it. Jen was so preoccupied about not feeling well that she never asked about the food and could barely listen to Kate when Kate suggested that Jen go back to bed.

I think you are confusing when Jen asked which pastries to put out on the ladies charter after she called Kate a miserable old whore. Matt wanted the croissants put out, but there were some other pastries cooling on the countertop. He wanted to save some of those for a picnic that the guests would be going on that afternoon.

3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Jen. Jen, Jen, Jen. I really hate how when she doesn't know something, she throws her fellow crew under the bus to the guests. She's such a fucking tool. 

This is the thing that I really can't stand about her. These people paid thousands of dollars for this experience. They don't care about the back of the house drama. That she even brings this shit up in front of the guests demonstrates how completely fundamentally unprofessional she is. She's self-absorbed to the point of distraction.

I think Jen never anticipated that the job of a stewardess would entail at least 12 hours of labor every day. Furthermore, being a real estate agent worked against her because that's a job that allows a bit of autonomy. Being a stew is not like that at all.

3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I'm going to go ahead and disagree with Lee about pulling Bruno out of the kitchen. I think he helps Matt shine. Should Matt need him? No. But Matt is clearly a very insecure cook. He's too hot and cold; his cooking is dictated by his mood. Having someone helping him boosts his confidence a bit. Yes, it's kind of pathetic that a deckhand has better ideas than the fucking chef, but this late in the game you're not hiring a new one, so just let it be. 

I agree with Kate that it's not a great idea to pull Bruno. More than anything, Matt needs someone to bounce ideas off of. Bruno is at least knowledgeable enough about food that he pushes Matt too. And I really appreciate that Bruno had tried to start menu planning for the next dinner as soon as they had finished the current one. That's been hugely helpful to Matt. I remember seeing both Ben and Adam writing ideas down as they thought about a menu. That's not something we've seen Matt do a lot of. 

4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I enjoy Kyle. He makes me laugh. But he's nutso. Is his second kid with the same baby mama? Did they find a different trash bin this time? 

Kyle did have another kid with the same baby mama. Let's hope they conceived this kid in an actual bed. But knowing Kyle, there is a decent chance it was next to another dumpster or in the bar he robbed.

https://okmagazine.com/photos/brig-deck-star-kyle-dixon-arrested-stealing/

He's an amazing disaster. He's like UK Jax, but not a vain douche.

49 minutes ago, LoneHaranguer said:

The food looks unremarkable. The menu itself has been sprinkled with words and phrases intended to impress (e.g. the mashed potatoes are "pommes puree"). Under the king salmon, is "seasame" a typo? Google thinks so.

I didn't see "seasame" because I was floored by "BEEF RISOTTO (VEGETARIAN)**." By coincidence, the king salmon is served with the vegetarian beet risotto. Herb Alpert's daughter can snot all she wants about what wouldn't fly in her restaurant, but glaring typos are apparently up to her high standards.

11 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Some people like a lot of salt in their food and if it's not there, they claim it lacks flavor.  I've noticed that with a lot of professional chefs on the food network channel.  Their number one complaint is not properly seasoning the food.  I wonder if Matt struggles with proper seasoning or if it's taste buds of people who are salt freaks.  I personally don't use much salt.  I find many foods in restaurants so salty, that I can't eat them.  

A lot of chefs smoke and it blows out their taste buds.

• Love 10

I enjoy Kyle. He makes me laugh. But he's nutso.

I think underneath Kyle's charismatic facade, there beats the heart of a psycho. Maybe psycho-lite. Something off about him.

Why don't they let Bruno work the interior and make him and Matt happy? Although...I suspect Bruno is a bit of a misogynist and would clash horribly with Kate as his boss.

Speaking of Kate, she's like a cat lazily toying with a mouse (Jen). She can do it blindfolded, with one hand behind her back, etc. Jen's just too stupid to realize it. Can you imagine Jen as a Realtor? "These forms are HARD. Do I have to stay at this open house all day? Can't someone else go meet with the stager? I'm so tired and I have to do my hair."

Love seeing Mrs. Captain and the photos of them when they were courting.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Herb Alpert's daughter can snot all she wants about what wouldn't fly in her restaurant, but glaring typos are apparently up to her high standards.

When you're being pretentious, it can be hard to know when you get something wrong.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Yeah - I guess we will see how fulfilled she is next week, when Jen calls someone else a whore (I couldn't figure out whom from the previews).  I don't understand Jen at all.  She is the one who is always talking about sex and she told the guys she was giving herself an orgasm during their first night out.  She is probably one of the weirdest crew members ever!  

Seeing it written out, I realized that the only consistency is whining about work and whining about sex. She certainly is a weird one.

I wonder who would win in the Below Deck weird off:

• Jen from season 5. She's a lazy, whiny, disrespectful stew who can't stop talking about sex. She can mentally give herself orgasms.
  • Kyle from seasons 4 and 5. He's a deckhand who cheated on his fiancee (who he met during a bar fight) with his baby mama (who he knocked up next to a dumpster during a pub crawl).
  • Trevor from season 4. He's a delusional deckhand with an enormous ego. When he drinks, he goes from zero to douche canoe. He's very proud of being a hair model.
  • Rocky Dakota from season 3. She's a stew with all of the worst stereotypes about millenials. She's petulant and prone to dramatics. She's apparently part cat and someone from production kept aiming a laser pointer at the ceiling.
  • Andrew from season 2. He's a fabulist who lied about his experience and had barely stepped foot on a boat before the show.
  • Danny from BD: Med season 1. He's a deckhand whose pathological need to be noticed and the star got him fired. He's an enormous famewhore.
  • Sierra Storm from season 4. She's just straight up dumb. She has just enough brain power to breathe and blink at the same time.
  • Dane from season 3. He's just an alcoholic.

I'm not even getting into the misogynists: Leon, Bryan from BD  Med season 1, and Bobby from BD: Med seasons 1 and 2.

I'm not even sure where to put Chef Adam from BD: Med season 2. His strange feud with Hannah smacked of misogyny, but the other things he did were straight up weirdo.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, dleighg said:

plus the inconsistent spelling of "vegetarian"

I didn't even see that. I don't tweet. If I did, I'd tweet this to Matt. This woman claims to know food and the restaurant business, but her menu is filled with typos and misspellings and filled with fairly pedestrian food.

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

It's hard to season for multiple people. I mean, I'm not a professional chef, not even close. But my husband is an ex-smoker and I find that he ALWAYS finds my food "bland", when I think it tastes great! Plenty of seasoning! But he always has to add extra. I don't do it with the dishes themselves, because then other people will complain it's too much. I just let people season their food at the table. 

Also, I went to Ireland in April and I noticed the food was a lot more "bland" than I was used to. I put "bland" in quotes, because I thought the food was delicious! But it was not as heavily salted/seasoned as you'd find over here. And the sweet stuff wasn't as sugary. 

Some people are just hard to please. I think Matt lacks confidence and HAS screwed a few things up, but I also think a lot of the guests have been high maintenance pricks. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

It was a quip about sex. It wasn't bringing her child into it. What cemented my hate for Jen is insisting that she was married when she had her child. She called Kate an old whore and Jen repeatedly stating that she was married when she had her kid was what actually highlighted it. Does she thinks kids not born in wedlock should be frowned  upon? And if her dream was to sail the seas why did she get married and have a kid? Shut the fuck up Jen. Your boring and I hate you.

100%.  Jen has been quick to slut shame over nothing multiple times this season.  One example I can think of off the top of my head was when she was mad that Bri got an extended break to go on a date with Matt and said "I can be sexually promiscuous too if it'll get me a longer break."  There have been other examples of her implying or outright saying a female crew mate was a slut or a whore, but I'd have to go back and watch to find them and I ain't doing that.  Jen seems to have some weird hang ups/ideas about sex.  On top of the slut shaming there's the whining about not getting any and the weird acting out that is supposed to be flirting.  Did anyone catch her with the whipped cream at the dinner with Mrs. Cpt. Lee?  The camera man and editor must not like Jen.

33 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I'm not giving Jen the benefit of the doubt about the breakfast special. It was eggs benedict. It's not super complicated to make, but timing is a huge issue when making it. It's not really a last minute decision. But I watched the episode again. Jen never asked what the special was when she first came on service nor was it addressed until the guests asked about it. Jen was so preoccupied about not feeling well that she never asked about the food and could barely listen to Kate when Kate suggested that Jen go back to bed.

I think you are confusing when Jen asked which pastries to put out on the ladies charter after she called Kate a miserable old whore. Matt wanted the croissants put out, but there were some other pastries cooling on the countertop. He wanted to save some of those for a picnic that the guests would be going on that afternoon.

This is the thing that I really can't stand about her. These people paid thousands of dollars for this experience. They don't care about the back of the house drama. That she even brings this shit up in front of the guests demonstrates how completely fundamentally unprofessional she is. She's self-absorbed to the point of distraction.

I think Jen never anticipated that the job of a stewardess would entail at least 12 hours of labor every day. Furthermore, being a real estate agent worked against her because that's a job that allows a bit of autonomy. Being a stew is not like that at all.

I agree with Kate that it's not a great idea to pull Bruno. More than anything, Matt needs someone to bounce ideas off of. Bruno is at least knowledgeable enough about food that he pushes Matt too. And I really appreciate that Bruno had tried to start menu planning for the next dinner as soon as they had finished the current one. That's been hugely helpful to Matt. I remember seeing both Ben and Adam writing ideas down as they thought about a menu. That's not something we've seen Matt do a lot of. 

Kyle did have another kid with the same baby mama. Let's hope they conceived this kid in an actual bed. But knowing Kyle, there is a decent chance it was next to another dumpster or in the bar he robbed.

https://okmagazine.com/photos/brig-deck-star-kyle-dixon-arrested-stealing/

He's an amazing disaster. He's like UK Jax, but not a vain douche.

I didn't see "seasame" because I was floored by "BEEF RISOTTO (VEGETARIAN)**." By coincidence, the king salmon is served with the vegetarian beet risotto. Herb Alpert's daughter can snot all she wants about what wouldn't fly in her restaurant, but glaring typos are apparently up to her high standards.

A lot of chefs smoke and it blows out their taste buds.

UK Jax is hilarious.  For all we know, Jen was told the breakfast special but just didn't listen.  She has been shown multiple times talking over people when they are trying to tell her things and saying she is unable to listen.  She's the worst.

• Love 9
16 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Yeah - I guess we will see how fulfilled she is next week, when Jen calls someone else a whore (I couldn't figure out whom from the previews). 

Just rewatched the previews it was Baker she called a whore.

Edited by fifty8th
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I think their (Captain Lee and Kate's) hands are tied behind their backs as to what they can or cannot do. IRL I think a lot of these so called crew would have been fired many episodes ago. It is clear that Captain hates to babysit and his latest charge is Matt who is not doing a superior job in the galley and stands to flunk without Bruno's help. Poor Kate just has two more charters to suffer through with Jen who is so inept she seems to ask her 8-10 year old for life advice. Sigh. I don't think this format with the totally unskilled workers made for a good season of watching. Give them a decent crew and then bring on guests like the housewives of ______. The biggest hazard would all the broken glasses and dishes. Topsiders for everyone. Between this lackluster season and all the hurricane damage to the Caribbean this show might be in jeopardy of being renewed. 

I was thinking that last night! I want people who KNOW what they're doing. I don't want to watch a friggin training film. I don't care how you dock a boat! 

The Real Housewives would be the crossover from HELL!!!! Any of them would be killer. Actually the NYC gals would behave but they would fight over the bedrooms. I'd love to see Kate and Capt. Lee deal with Theresa or Siggy! Oh My.........

• Love 4
Just now, eurekagirl mOo said:

I was thinking that last night! I want people who KNOW what they're doing. I don't want to watch a friggin training film. I don't care how you dock a boat! 

The Real Housewives would be the crossover from HELL!!!! Any of them would be killer. Actually the NYC gals would behave but they would fight over the bedrooms. I'd love to see Kate and Capt. Lee deal with Theresa or Siggy! Oh My.........

Exactly. Kate is a good martini maker. Can you imagine the RHOC after a few of Kate's drinks? You know when Kate has had enough of her guests she makes killer drinks to make them pass out. Oh gosh, they could even do a rotation with a different cities housewives for six weeks. They could probably film two episodes with one trips worth of footage. Bring it on Bravo. 

• Love 6

I agree and disagree. I enjoy watching Bruno and Matt's little bromance so I'll miss that. And I think the food has greatly improved since Bruno began helping, which is good for the guests and the tip. But I also see Captain Lee's point that it's time for Matt to sink or swim on his own. My guess is he can be a successful chef somewhere but not on a 5 star yacht.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Jen most certainly is a strange, whiny underachiever who has no place working successfully in this environment. Kate should never drag a child into a whoring around comeback. That’s an innocent child. No. No. No. And that’s my problem with her comeback. They are all getting burned out and are tired and it was a slip. Kate’s rage over how shitty Jen is over came her more, and she wouldn’t apologize for that part of it she doubled down and I didn’t like it. Children shouldn’t be the collateral damage because Jen is sub par at her job. Again, Jen sucks. Granted. A child’s existence isn’t fodder and for exhibit. You’re better than that Kate, and a professional. 

I'm a mom and I don't see how that reflects on the child.  It reflects on Jen, and it doesn't even make sense because Jen was married at the time.  I just see this as another way for Jen to twist something to try to make herself the martryr, again.

• Love 16
8 hours ago, LoneHaranguer said:

The food looks unremarkable. The menu itself has been sprinkled with words and phrases intended to impress (e.g. the mashed potatoes are "pommes puree").

That, with the prices, is a flag that I turn around and find a different restaurant. $12 for a starter of crispy brussel sprouts and herbs and an extra $6 for an upgrade to add bacon? ... thanks, but no. 

• Love 6

Hahaha Kyle will try to sleep with you even if you're crazy ... but if you touch his food is all over. That's why I like Kyle; he might be a mess, but he's abetter reality show mess than a lot of people they've cast. (Except now all I can think is "Joey doesn't share food!!".)

Do we know who the new primary is? Kate  talks like she knows him. ... is it Dean Slover?

• Love 9
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

Ok so this clip from next week puts Bruno in the lead while Jen ruins it for herself by being Jen.

What makes this so very good is you KNOW Jenderella /not sure who made up that name but it is genius/ thought she was being sexy. 

• Love 8

I think E.J. is one of those stand up type of guys and didn't want to have a romance with a camera filming away.  A different critter than ol' Nico...  who is just disgustingly immature in every way to me.  I watched the last season he was on and he acted exactly the same if not worse and had no excuse of just having lost his brother then, so I say he's just a creep.  Ugh!  I hope he wont be back anytime soon!  Nothing attractive about him to me and he has a lousy attitude.

Funny how quickly his elbow healed up....  Can't stand this entitled dude.

A really weird cast this season-- keep Captain Lee and Kate but the rest have been a bore.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I actually laughed out loud when, as desperate as Jen is......she still turned Kyle down!  That's pretty cold. lol I get it though. Both of them skeeve me out. 

Hey Honey, if I find my food bland, I just add a little salt and pepper.  I do get how you expect a lot on a paid excursion like that though.  The meals should be out of this world.  The thing is that most people really want something tasty and not just pretty as a picture.  I thought the eggs benedict looked awesome.  That's the kind of thing that I would expect for a meal.  As a paying guest, I would expect more than a cold breakfast and salad for lunch.  To me, a salad or sandwich is not adequate in that type of luxury trip.  (Unless, it is requested.) Anyone can prepare a salad or sandwich.  To me it screams lazy.  But, I would make that clear in my REQUEST BEFORE hand, so they prepare and don't serve me those things. 

I don't buy that Matt's food is now subpar.  What happened to the VERY upscale and impressive food in the beginning of the season? I smell contrivance.  And, Kate makes a good point.  Why would the Captain pull HELP from the kitchen, if he is worried about the quality for the remainder of the tour? I mean, isn't the Captain's goal to make the paying guests happy?  Why is it up to him to help Matt grow as a chef? Sounds like contrived BS to me. 

I don't think there was chemistry with E.J. and Baker.  Just something to add interest, imo.  I think they both want to be in the friend category, regardless of what they said about it. 

Although the Captain didn't state it, perhaps he wants all hands on deck for Nico.  With EJ gone, Nico should have the crew putting in all their work time for him and not plating crudite for Matt.  Matt has put out some fine dinners but he has been inconsistent.  He needs to pull it together and wow everyone for ever meal for the last two charters.  He can do it and doesn't need to lean on Bruno.  Is it confidence?  Is it laziness?

• Love 1

Salt.

That is my number one complaint when eating out. Saltiness. There are some places that I can't even go to as their chef(s) overly season their food. I'm hoping with the latest statistics coming out about high blood pressure that restaurants and food manufacturers will begin to reduce their sodium contents. 

There are so many ways to add flavor other than salt. A squeeze of lemon juice or  fresh herbs for instance. When boiling spaghetti I drop a few cloves of garlic (whole peeled) into the water for the extra flavor and use a minimal amount of salt. Great flavor and lower sodium. Matt should know how to season food and he has so many opportunities to do fresh dishes. It's the Caribbean. He could have made jerk chicken, shrimp or lobster instead of fish for every meal except his lunch salads. If I was going out to cook for a charter I'd have brought some favorite recipes or looked at cookbooks or the Internet for inspiration. His cooking is lackluster. Sad when you are paying big bucks for it. 

• Love 3

Matt is capable of good work, but, I suspect that he has lost his passion. I've heard that love transfers into the food.  I mean, seriously.  If the chef lacks that love of cooking and presenting the food to the diner, the dish suffers.  He may need to recharge his batteries and renew his passion.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Seeing it written out, I realized that the only consistency is whining about work and whining about sex. She certainly is a weird one.

I wonder who would win in the Below Deck weird off:

• Jen from season 5. She's a lazy, whiny, disrespectful stew who can't stop talking about sex. She can mentally give herself orgasms.
  • Kyle from seasons 4 and 5. He's a deckhand who cheated on his fiancee (who he met during a bar fight) with his baby mama (who he knocked up next to a dumpster during a pub crawl).
  • Trevor from season 4. He's a delusional deckhand with an enormous ego. When he drinks, he goes from zero to douche canoe. He's very proud of being a hair model.
  • Rocky Dakota from season 3. She's a stew with all of the worst stereotypes about millenials. She's petulant and prone to dramatics. She's apparently part cat and someone from production kept aiming a laser pointer at the ceiling.
  • Andrew from season 2. He's a fabulist who lied about his experience and had barely stepped foot on a boat before the show.
  • Danny from BD: Med season 1. He's a deckhand whose pathological need to be noticed and the star got him fired. He's an enormous famewhore.
  • Sierra Storm from season 4. She's just straight up dumb. She has just enough brain power to breathe and blink at the same time.
  • Dane from season 3. He's just an alcoholic.

I'm not even getting into the misogynists: Leon, Bryan from BD  Med season 1, and Bobby from BD: Med seasons 1 and 2.

I'm not even sure where to put Chef Adam from BD: Med season 2. His strange feud with Hannah smacked of misogyny, but the other things he did were straight up weirdo.

How about a season of Below Deck where nobody is a train wreck? 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Nancypants said:

How about a season of Below Deck where nobody is a train wreck? 

Impossible.   Everyone on this show is a famewhore. 

Famewhore, trainwreck.  Trainwreck, famewhore.  Tomato, tomahtoe.  Captain and Chief Stew are no exceptions to the rule.

3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

If the chef lacks that love of cooking and presenting the food to the diner, the dish suffers

LOL. This explains a lot about why my husband prefers to eat out.  I do not enjoy cooking, at all.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, rehoboth said:

Although the Captain didn't state it, perhaps he wants all hands on deck for Nico.  With EJ gone, Nico should have the crew putting in all their work time for him and not plating crudite for Matt.  Matt has put out some fine dinners but he has been inconsistent.  He needs to pull it together and wow everyone for ever meal for the last two charters.  He can do it and doesn't need to lean on Bruno.  Is it confidence?  Is it laziness?

Except I'm pretty sure it was said they are just swapping Bruno out for Kyle.  

5 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Has Capt'n Lee bothered to sit Nico down and tell him exactly why he is not ready to be a Bosun yet and what he needs to improve upon to get there?. If he hasn't, that's pretty sad. 

I don't disagree but doesn't it more or less come down to "I can't trust you to not F&*K-up a basic task like setting up a beach picnic"? 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Matt is not cut out to be a yacht chef. He needs to be in a kitchen with other chefs and sous chefs in a restaurant that has a set menu. Creativity is not his strong suit to say the least. 

Yup, agreed. He's a nice enough guy, competent - but not confident enough to run the whole show. He's too inconsistent in this setting. 

8 hours ago, rehoboth said:

Except I swear that Lee said pull Bruno out of the galley and put KYLE in. So it was like he didn't mind someone helping Matt, just not someone who's basically coming up with all the ideas. 

2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Well, I don't think that's Bravo's style.  lol

Yea, I don't know that I'd watch that. 

I don't mind trainwrecks. Admittedly, with THIS show, I can kind of enjoy snarking on the guests more than the crew. But a few crazies isn't so bad. It's the mixture of INEPT and crazy that has been the problem this season, for me. 

1 hour ago, McManda said:

I thought Kyle was replacing EJ because EJ had replaced Chris.

He is. But I don't think it's unheard of to let a deckhand help sous in the kitchen when they're not super busy, especially at night. As I said above, I think the issue with Bruno is that he's basically planning the menu. Lee is okay if someone is in there to chop carrots and make sure the food is out on time - but he wants Matt to be solely in charge of his kitchen. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 1
On 11/15/2017 at 7:50 PM, McManda said:

Hahaha Kyle will try to sleep with you even if you're crazy ... but if you touch his food is all over. That's why I like Kyle; he might be a mess, but he's abetter reality show mess than a lot of people they've cast. (Except now all I can think is "Joey doesn't share food!!".)

Do we know who the new primary is? Kate  talks like she knows him. ... is it Dean Slover?

OMG!! I can't wait for next week! Kyle literally looked like his head was going to pop off when Jen did that. She has no idea what she's unleashed!! ?????

• Love 5
16 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

In terms of being on the ship, yes.  But I meant in the galley.  Lee said to yank Bruno out of the galley and replace him with Kyle.

Yes, he did.  So let me get this straight, you dunderhead Captain Lee:

In the kitchen, you want to replace Strong-in-the-Galley Bruno, with Strong-on-the-Deck Kyle.  

You've made it clear, the galley suffers under Matt and your deck suffers under Nico.  (Especially if Nico's...injured.) So let's switch out these two strong helpers because Matt needs to show you some creative ability.  With only two charters left.  Alrighty then.

Lee will risk looking like the Idiot Pineapple King to increase the tip, but will allow food presentation to suffer.  A little worrisome when the Captain of the Ship has a problem with priorities.

So is Lee doing this to prove a point?  Or to further practice his resting bitch face and create drama?  What?  Because it makes no sense.  As a guest, I'd much prefer Bruno finessing my cheesecake balls.  Because it looks like gnats are ready to fly out Kyle's shorts at any given moment.  Kyle belongs on deck where he can air out, not in an enclosed galley preparing food.

• Love 17
11 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Yes, he did.  So let me get this straight, you dunderhead Captain Lee:

In the kitchen, you want to replace Strong-in-the-Galley Bruno, with Strong-on-the-Deck Kyle.  

You've made it clear, the galley suffers under Matt and your deck suffers under Nico.  (Especially if Nico's...injured.) So let's switch out these two strong helpers because Matt needs to show you some creative ability.  With only two charters left.  Alrighty then.

Lee will risk looking like the Idiot Pineapple King to increase the tip, but will allow food presentation to suffer.  A little worrisome when the Captain of the Ship has a problem with priorities.

So is Lee doing this to prove a point?  Or to further practice his resting bitch face and create drama?  What?  Because it makes no sense.  As a guest, I'd much prefer Bruno finessing my cheesecake balls.  Because it looks like gnats are ready to fly out Kyle's shorts at any given moment.  Kyle belongs on deck where he can air out, not in an enclosed galley preparing food.

Exactly.  I swear, it's contrived as professional wrestling. lol 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Exactly.  I swear, it's contrived as professional wrestling. lol 

I hope Cap'n's decision-making skills are better on 'real' charters and not like they are on these WWE charters. 

• Love 3
On 11/16/2017 at 0:43 AM, stcroix said:

I think E.J. is one of those stand up type of guys and didn't want to have a romance with a camera filming away.  A different critter than ol' Nico...  who is just disgustingly immature in every way to me.  I watched the last season he was on and he acted exactly the same if not worse and had no excuse of just having lost his brother then, so I say he's just a creep.  Ugh!  I hope he wont be back anytime soon!  Nothing attractive about him to me and he has a lousy attitude.

I agree about E.J.  Nico can learn a lot about being a man, from him.  Nico comes off like a nasty, filty douche bag.  If he's on next season, he'll be sniffing around another stewardess.  

Maybe something's wrong with me, but I found E.J. kind of hot.  I would not kick him out of bed.

Edited by Neurochick
I forgot that Bruno and Nico are two different people.
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I agree about E.J.  Bruno can learn a lot about being a man, from him.  Bruno comes off like a nasty, filty douche bag.  If he's on next season, he'll be sniffing around another stewardess.  

Maybe something's wrong with me, but I found E.J. kind of hot.  I would not kick him out of bed.

Do you mean Nico?  If so, I did that, too, commenting during last episode.  All those 'O's are confusing.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

EJ was like that one girl Jerry dated on Seinfeld - one minute he'll look really cute and another minute he'll look totally different and not attractive at all. It's funny, because I said the same thing about Kelley when he was on! 

(This doesn't include personality, because one "cool beans" from EJ and my ovaries would wither up and die.)

• Love 6
7 hours ago, ryebread said:

Kyle belongs on deck where he can air out, not in an enclosed galley preparing food.

Matt hasn't always followed proper sanitary procedures, so maybe he doesn't belong there either. I know he's no different from many other chefs, but he's got cameras recording him.

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, LoneHaranguer said:

Matt hasn't always followed proper sanitary procedures, so maybe he doesn't belong there either. I know he's no different from many other chefs, but he's got cameras recording him.

For real.  If Matt doesn't follow sanitation procedures, he doesn't belong in any kitchen.  But as far as how his food looks and tastes (most of the time anyway, according to the many guests who liked his food) I think his skills match the caliber of boat he's on.

Bless Captain Lee's heart for thinking the Valor is a 5 Star charter that should have 5 Star cuisine.  It's not and it doesn't.  The crew, the activities, the accommodations are not 5 Star. Not even close. Unless we're on a scale of 1 - 10 stars.  

Why does Lee expect so much from Matt, yet doesn't make sure his boat isn't crashing into or pulling the dock away from it's pilings? Or that the stewardesses know the difference between a gin martini vs. a gin and tonic.  Or doesn't care that the chief stew can't even be arsed to brush her hair before her shift.  I've seen more competent and polished crew on Southwest Airlines.  I can't imagine a single 'real' 5 Star charter captain that would strip down to a hula skirt and a pineapple on a broomstick and make tacky jokes about being Don Ho's brother, Ass.  Hahahaha.  I was dead. 

• Love 4

When I first heard Kate and Jen's conversation, I was a bit on Jen's side. But upon re-watch I'm back to team Kate.

In a way, she complimented the daughter (by essentially saying that is when Jen stopped whoring).

But Jen was completely inappropriate to begin with. She and Kate are not friends. They don't have that banter. Ben and Kate, sure, they talked like that to each other. Jen and Kate - no, that is your boss. Even if you don't respect her, you have to show respect.

I wish they could fire Jen. 

• Love 8