Type keyword(s) to search

S25.E10: Week 9: Semi-Finals

• Start Topic

46 minutes ago, PBGamer89 said:

Honestly, why bother watching the rest of the season or voting.

TPTB made their choice. Jordan will be one of the most predictable and boring wins ever because he was just as good on the premiere as he is now. I've seen zero growth, no journey, sometimes he could be a bit more humble. The judges pretend like they are getting tough on everyone, yet they do with everyone but Jordan. Even on a weaker dance for Jordan he still gets a 10.

He's racked up 5 perfect scores to just 1 from Frankie and Lindsey.

The judges can brainwash the audience with scores and comments. By giving Jordan's millions of 10's and underscoring and criticizing Lindsey makes the audience think Lindsey isn't good enough to win. It even almost made me not wanna vote for her because i'm already in that headspace of "Jordan's win in inevitable so why waste my time when they can't ever give her scores good enough to prove if Jordan is truly the winner"

Yeah,  very predictable = boring, forgettable.  And he is a ringer - big time.  The inflated judges scores could be to compensate for the audience voting.  And it's ultimately the later that carries more weight.  Also, shock boots happens, he could be this year's Normandi.

Edited by ifoundit
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, sab85 said:

Emma and Drew's lift has to be the scariest lift I've ever seen on the show. Please don't do that again.

Yes! I forgot to mention this--I was scared for Emma and I was very glad that she didn't get hurt doing this!

• Love 3

A female ringer would never have the ride that Jordan's had so far.  He's gotten so little backlash over being a ringer, and so many high scores on dances that could've had critiques. The biggest bullcrap was one Len "forgave" the breakdown in his Foxtrot. I knew what the rest of the season would be like after that.

Notice how after Lindsey's Argentine Tango, they've been so tepid on lukewarm on her since. It's so irritating. She's not a ringer, yet she's just as deserving to win as Jordan but they show and judges are making it out to be like she isn't.

• Love 7

You know, for all the talk about how the show seems to favor the male stars over the female stars, we could flip the script and say that the female PROS are finally getting some real recognition and the show has not been heavily biased towards the male pros for once. For example, there are many more male pros who the show has propped and who have attained fame and popularity (e.g., Derek, Mark, Val, and Maks), than female pros (e.g., Cheryl). But Lindsay, in particular, I think has risen to the level of Derek in terms of choreography. Cheryl, Emma, and Witney have also done amazing work with their partners given where they started at the beginning of the season. 

• Love 19
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I'm on an island here, but I'm not mad at Mark for using his own song.  It was a good song, it worked for the routine, and hell, if the producer's allow it, why not?

Yay! Well said! 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, sab85 said:

Emma and Drew's lift has to be the scariest lift I've ever seen on the show. Please don't do that again.

My mom and I actually cheered when they made it through that without incident :p. Dang. That takes a LOT of trust in your partner, for sure. And considering the way Drew tends to kinda fling Emma around much of the time, that only added to my nervousness. But they pulled it off, so kudos for that. 

I feel bad for Victoria leaving tonight, because I think her dances this week were probably her best ones yet. Especially the first one. Actually got me a little choked up (course, the song itself tends to get to me a bit, too, so that may have had something to do with it as well). I would've picked Drew to leave this week, too. His Scottish-themed dance was entertaining, though :D.

Jordan kicked all kinds of ass on the "Proud Mary" dance. I also liked him and Lindsay goofing about at the end of their package and singing that song. 

As for Frankie, his first dance was stronger than his second (though I can see Len's complaint about it being too hip-hop influenced), but I'm glad he's making it to the finals. 

Can't believe next week is the last one already! Look forward to seeing how it all plays out. 

Just wanted add on play back, that Jive in addition to keeping the timing,  and doing the cartwheel ending better,  they did a couple of little things that was a nod to the choreography.  Mark had Paige do a little jump rope turn, and Jordan and Lindsay did the same turn, only they both did it at the same time.  And the slower parts, Lindsay threw in a little chicken walk, and then they took the fast sections further with precision spins both counter clockwise and clockwise right back into a pirouette to a dead stop.  Paige was a little wobbly on the turns.  Then they just keep going doing an assisted aerial and a pirouette to a barrel turn, first Jordan and then Lindsay. I mean this was jam packed and so freakin' entertaining.  We really got a treat on that Jive tonight.  I loved how it made homage to the original without re-doing it.

Edited by Andie1
  • Love 7
26 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

You know, for all the talk about how the show seems to favor the male stars over the female stars, we could flip the script and say that the female PROS are finally getting some real recognition and the show has not been heavily biased towards the male pros for once. For example, there are many more male pros who the show has propped and who have attained fame and popularity (e.g., Derek, Mark, Val, and Maks), than female pros (e.g., Cheryl). But Lindsay, in particular, I think has risen to the level of Derek in terms of choreography. Cheryl, Emma, and Witney have also done amazing work with their partners given where they started at the beginning of the season. 

THIS is everything. It is about time pros like Lindsay are getting the choreographer kudos they deserve.

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, Andie1 said:

Because I'm watching probably the best contestant the show has had.  When the guy improves on an iconic dance by precision timing  on the flicka kicks where Paige lost timing, and doing the ending cartwheel better than the original pro with bent legs, then that's something.  Normally people get intimidated by dances that are favorites and I think that is what happened to some of the others.  He didn't get intimidated he stayed on track and I loved him in Gold .  Like Drew only not lame.

Of course - considering he has professional dance training and experience.  DWTS might as well change the rules that only ringers apply.  Trust me, if the tables were turned, and Jordan had to compete with Drew in the business world, he would get killed.

• Love 5
Just now, ifoundit said:

Of course - considering he has professional dance training and experience.  DWTS might as well change the rules that only ringers apply.  Trust me, if the tables were turned, and Jordan had to compete with Drew in the business world, he would get killed.

This isn't the "business world" it's the dance studio.  I watch for good dancing.   If I wanted to watch a business man at work I wouldn't be watching this show.

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, PBGamer89 said:

A female ringer would never have the ride that Jordan's had so far.  He's gotten so little backlash over being a ringer, and so many high scores on dances that could've had critiques. The biggest bullcrap was one Len "forgave" the breakdown in his Foxtrot. I knew what the rest of the season would be like after that.

Notice how after Lindsey's Argentine Tango, they've been so tepid on lukewarm on her since. It's so irritating. She's not a ringer, yet she's just as deserving to win as Jordan but they show and judges are making it out to be like she isn't.

The way they treat men on this show, they don’t even have to be ringers, has never sat well with me and never will. Men are allowed to be mediocre to bad and still sail through with Carrie Ann fawning over their hot bodies while talented women are nitpicked to death and eliminated left and right.

I’m just not seeing much of that this season. Definitely not to the extent of last season which was so bad I really almost swore off of this show forever. Jordan and Lindsay are arguably 1 and 2 when it comes to talent and both deserve to win. Both have received heaps of praise and some criticism. The only dance I thought Lindsay was underscored for was her trio. 

• Love 7

Man I see little things on every playback of that Jive... like just the way they do the rolling of their arms and jump into the dance... and the chicken walk that Lindsey did while Jordan backs up he's doing a little James Brown foot slide,  it's just so jammed with great little nuances, I just love it.  And I would love to see a re-worked Argentine Tango, because they were positively smouldering at the beginning of that dance, so I think a full on AT would be awesome to see.

10 minutes ago, Andie1 said:

This isn't the "business world" it's the dance studio.  I watch for good dancing.   If I wanted to watch a business man at work I wouldn't be watching this show.

My point - it's hardly a level playing field in the dance studio - comparing someone who has professional dance experience - to someone who doesn't.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Andie1 said:

I don't care if they use their own song, but I think there are much better songs out there.

I guess they didn't, I also love that song. I've followed Mark, music is his passion. I've enjoyed this season so much more, with him in it. I love Lindsay and Jordan, those two teams for me, are on par with one another. Jordan looked like a pro in week three, and he stayed there. Lindsey OTOH has really grown as a dancer.

Just now, ifoundit said:

My point - it's hardly a level playing field in the dance studio - comparing someone who has professional dance experience - to someone who doesn't.

Rashad didn't have any, and won. ;)

1 minute ago, ifoundit said:

So what has changed in 25 seasons?

2 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

I guess they didn't, I also love that song. I've followed Mark, music is his passion. I've enjoyed this season so much more, with him in it. I love Lindsay and Jordan, those two teams for me, are on par with one another. Jordan looked like a pro in week three, and he stayed there. Lindsey OTOH has really grown as a dancer.

I guess I don't see that much growth from Lindsey.  She did a good Jive week 3 and she did an Argentine Tango that she had experience on, since she was trained by Derek Hough for a lot of the movement, the rest meh,  I didn't like the contemporary as much as others. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Andie1 said:

So what has changed in 25 seasons?

I guess I don't see that much growth from Lindsey.  She did a good Jive week 3 and she did an Argentine Tango that she had experience on, since she was trained by Derek Hough for a lot of the movement, the rest meh,  I didn't like the contemporary as much as others. 

That's fine, I loved it enough for many.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

That's fine, I loved it enough for many.

Yeah, the Gangnam style garbage blowing on stage was cool.

11 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

Rashad didn't have any, and won. ;)

The ones this season on the show with no dance background also don't have Rashad's athleticism or work ethic.

• Love 1

I thought Jordan and Lindsay did an awesome job with Proud Mary.  Like all the iconic dances, they were quite different in feeling than the original, but their dance did not suffer for that.  I wonder if it was partially the costume symbolism that helped that (sorry, amateur costumer here).

Frankie did a much better job of acting like Apolo than he did of acting like a random cool dude who has people lift him to the basketball net, thus underlining my point about Witney blowing that song choice.  Of course, he didn't do a better job of dancing like Apolo - but he was pretty dang good in sections of that considering his total lack of danceryness.  I also thought that Witney didn't do the greatest job of Julianne (a person whom I loathe but who I felt totally deserved that win with Apolo).  It was kinda unfair to give them a dance that made them look both look squat and short in comparison the the short lithe bodies of the originals.  

Lindsey and Mark didn't really impress me with that tango, except for the brief moment coming down the stairs when Mark totally channeled Maks - I actually thought I was seeing Maks dance.  Part of the reason they didn't have as much fake passion as Meryl and Maks is the camera work which avoided their faces and pulled back from their bodies constantly and of course the all black set and costumes.

I thought Drew and Emma did a reasonable job of making that their own.  His feet were pretty dang stompy through a lot of the chorus lines.

I was going to vote against Victoria tonight if she made it through, on the assumption that Drew was a goner.  I can't even remember what Victoria's iconic dance was.  Wow.  I don't know who I hope will win.  Sometimes I think I'll be happy with anybody obvious (Frankie, Jordan) and then the actual result comes in and it turns out that I had a favourite and I am crushed.  That's always weird when that happens.  I know I'd be happy with Lindsey in second, but I don't think she's got a chance of winning.  And if Drew does better than fourth, no matter how Canadian he is, I'll be embarrassed.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, ifoundit said:

Heh, that reminds me that while Shawn Johnson was obviously a way better dancer than Kate Gosselin and Gerardo Rivera, they competed on the Celebrity Apprentice in the same season and Shawn was fired a few episodes before Kate, and Gerardo made the final two. 

I do think Lindsey's technique is better than Frankie's most of the time and I would say that both of them really had no dance training and negligible dance experience prior to the show. Lindsey clearly has more musicality which I would expect due to her violin training. I'd say of all the remaining contestants, Frankie does the best at getting the character of the dance - even better than Jordan. For example, if Jordan had executed the same choreography to that Halloween contemporary, I have no doubt he would nail the technique and even the performance, but I'm not sure that Jordan could pull off Mike Meyers creepy vibe as well as Frankie did.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Andie1 said:

Jordan and Lindsey IMPROVED on that Jive and I didn't think it was possible.  Paige and Mark's jive was fun but their were some timing mistakes, but Jordan wholly molly!  That was awesome, and CAI pointing out that the triple cartwheels were straight legged.  Best dance of the night by far!  And iconic in its own right.

I loved Mark & Paige's jive and have watched it 50 times, but a few little mistakes always bugged me. I could not believe that Jordan and Lindsey did an even faster jive and their timing was even better. Listen - female ringers have won (Nicole, Meryl) and they did so because their partners gave them a chance to shine the way Lindsey is doing with Jordan. 

1 hour ago, crowceilidh said:

I'm not all the way through the dances, but Witney TOTALLY blew it picking that music and dance for Frankie.  Frankie's strength is clearly his ability to inhabit a character so she shoud have given him something that required him to do so.  His most successful characters have been romantic/dramatic not cool baseball playing dudes who take off their shirt.  I don't know what she was thinking, but she'd better have something more Frankie-like up her sleeve next week.  More standard than Latin, although maybe she didn't have a choice.  

I agree - the song was terrible. The level of dancing from Frankie was like Trolls 2.0. He is very inconsistent. 

1 hour ago, Toonces464 said:

I hated iconic dances. Hated it. Please don't ever bring it back again. There's absolutely no reason to compare one contestant to someone from seasons ago, especially since the show is so different now.

However, if the show wants to do something different and maybe even regain viewers, how about another All-Star Season? BUT.......rather than former celebs, let's bring back former pros. I would give anything to see Karina, Tony, Edyta and Anna again and though I wasn't a huge fan of any of them, I would take Lacey, Jonathan, Chelsie or Louis in a heartbeat over Keo or Gleb or Sasha.

Agree 100%, hope that iconic dances go the way of switch-up week. 

42 minutes ago, Andie1 said:

Just wanted add on play back, that Jive in addition to keeping the timing,  and doing the cartwheel ending better,  they did a couple of little things that was a nod to the choreography.  Mark had Paige do a little jump rope turn, and Jordan and Lindsay did the same turn, only they both did it at the same time.  And the slower parts, Lindsay threw in a little chicken walk, and then they took the fast sections further with precision spins both counter clockwise and clockwise right back into a pirouette to a dead stop.  Paige was a little wobbly on the turns.  Then they just keep going doing an assisted aerial and a pirouette to a barrel turn, first Jordan and then Lindsay. I mean this was jam packed and so freakin' entertaining.  We really got a treat on that Jive tonight.  I loved how it made homage to the original without re-doing it.

And they took those spins at the end (the ones that Mark's parents are known for) and kept the feeling of it but did it their own way. Well done.  

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

For example, if Jordan had executed the same choreography to that Halloween contemporary, I have no doubt he would nail the technique and even the performance, but I'm not sure that Jordan could pull off Mike Meyers creepy vibe as well as Frankie did.

But we don't know,  Jordan was cast to dance with some dance comes some acting, Frankie I guess was cast to act.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, tessaforever said:

Listen - female ringers have won (Nicole, Meryl) and they did so because their partners gave them a chance to shine the way Lindsey is doing with Jordan. 

Such an EXCELLENT point.

The pro you have, what they do with/for you and their decision making matters so much. All the dance experience in the world can’t save you from bland choreography, a terrible freestyle and stupid costume choices.

Edited by doLLish
  • Love 15
10 minutes ago, tessaforever said:

Listen - female ringers have won (Nicole, Meryl) and they did so because their partners gave them a chance to shine the way Lindsey is doing with Jordan. 

And at least in one case because they knew how to play a showmance. ;)

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

Oh ok.  Thanks.  I never had any interest in looking her up.  That video is weird - she's really talented, but it's just not my thing.  Plus, so much for no dance experience!

Yeah,  I know what you mean by weird, but Mark was laying it on thick tonight about her having no experience and that just bugs.  If you have it why hide it?   Well we know why.  

Edited by Andie1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Andie1 said:

Yeah,  I know what you mean by weird, but Mark was laying it on thick tonight about her having no experience and that just bugs.  If you have it why hide it?   Well we know why.  

Why? She did that one dance with Derek, and was it good? Hmm, not really. She has sure grown as a dancer, she also doesn't cry as easily as the actor, that has also danced.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

Why? She did that one dance with Derek, and was it good? Hmm, not really. She has sure grown as a dancer, she also doesn't cry as easily as the actor, that has also danced.

It must have been a good dance because they re-used the lifts  and some of the sequence for Mark's sci fi dance.   So growth? not so much.

Edited by Andie1
  • Love 1
Just now, Andie1 said:

It must have been a good dance because they re-used the lifts  and some of the sequence for Mark's sci fi dance.   So growth? not so much.

I loved it, oh and the judges saw growth, unlike Victoria or Melissa..;)

Like there was any doubt that I wasn't going to comment on the wretchedness of the band tonight...

Faking the Scottish accent for The Proclaimers' cover was hilari-bad. But the Richard Cheese-esque version of Usher's "Yeah!"? The band hit new lows tonight.

There also seemed to be a feeling of "Your choreography sucks and you should feel bad" directed to the pros all through the first round. I mean, semi-finals are usually pretty meh because they're all exhausted and sore and injured and probably just want to curl up in bed for a week with fluffy jammies and tea but the comments seemed worse than usual.

Did Victoria even dance in her contemporary routine? All I saw was Jenna gyrating around. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, doLLish said:

Go away Maks. Goooo awaaaaaay. Stop with the lectures already.

I have watched this show every season and I might be done after tonight. Val and his girlfriend and Maks can all go away. But they wont. It's not their show, really.

I disliked everything about tonight. All the sappy intro packages,   trying to get votes on sad stories, calling dances ICONIC (ha) and everything  seemed scripted. Oh, and pretend injuries.

The judges were lying their butts off about Val and Victoria dancing well. Victoria sat thru half of her dance.

Only Frankie and Drew stayed away from the "poor me" crap,,,they can stay.  And some of the pros should be ashamed.  They are very transparent.

Thank you for letting me vent.

Edited by MsJamieDornan
  • Love 2

Victoria is a lovely person (and yes, reminds me of Princess Di) and I’m so happy that she is better from a health standpoint but it was time for her to go.  She reminded me of Amy Purdy, whose story was also inspirational but who did very little dancing. As soon as they said her iconic dance would be one of Amber’s, I thought, “Of course, since Amber didn’t do a whole lot of dancing in that dance.” Hand movements, facial expressions and moving your feet while sitting down can be fun and entertaining but doesn’t demonstrate dance ability to me -musicality yes, dancing no.  And Victoria could not hold a candle to Amber’s musicality.  I’m sorry she was so sad but she probably improved her income level better than 100% being on this show.  

The judges/producers really have to stop propping dancer’s score to send them out on a high note.  It just sets them up for disappointment with the expectation that they’ll move on to the next round.  I wish they would just give honest scores and let the votes fall where they may.  The audience is the ultimate decider.  

So if Drew or Frankie wins, I don’t particularly care because they are both trying hard and putting in the time and if the voting audience likes them best, so be it.  It does not take away my enjoyment from watching others that I think dance better.  This show has never been about the best dancer.  Frankly, for me, I enjoy something about everyone that is left whether it’s their dancing, ability to emote, attitude or work ethic.  

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

Oh ok.  Thanks.  I never had any interest in looking her up.  That video is weird - she's really talented, but it's just not my thing.  Plus, so much for no dance experience!

He didn’t say she didn’t have experience, he said she had no training.   He said she danced in her videos while playing violin and the proceeded to show an earlier video where her movement is pretty bad.  If she is to be believed (and I do),she said she has never had a dance lessson until this show.  And I think her arm movement and placement confirms that.

• Love 9

Victoria:  This seemed very simplistic but she was looking up for most of it.  I think the troupe interaction was keeping her looking at them instead of the floor.  10s? For that?  Is this a parting gift?  9s are generous enough.

As soon as they over scored her, I knew she was going home.

Just now, dcubed said:

He didn’t say she didn’t have experience, he said she had no training.   He said she danced in her videos while playing violin and the proceeded to show an earlier video where her movement is pretty bad.  If she is to be believed (and I do),she said she has never had a dance lessson until this show.  And I think her arm movement and placement confirms that.

Bingo!:)

2 hours ago, sab85 said:

I think both Lindsey and Jordan need to be careful of Frankie and Drew. I have a feeling Frankie and Drew are raking in the votes and could surprise us yet. 

It would be great if the best dancer won, but it rarely happens. We will  probably get one of the two nice guys who spent more time on their business ventures than on learning to dance. As long as I get to see Jordan go the distance with great dances and super cool original choreography from Lindsay then I didn't waste my time.

• Love 2
Just now, Andie1 said:

It would be great if the best dancer won, but it rarely happens. We will  probably get one of the two nice guys who spent more time on their business ventures than on learning to dance. As long as I get to see Jordan go the distance with great dances and super cool original choreography from Lindsay then I didn't waste my time.

Well, yeah. This is just getting your name out there and a pay cheque, not the rest of their lives. When weighing the choice between a career and a 10 week diversion, I think the career wins every time. 

• Love 7
Just now, Callaphera said:

Well, yeah. This is just getting your name out there and a pay cheque, not the rest of their lives. When weighing the choice between a career and a 10 week diversion, I think the career wins every time. 

And this diversion is only going to help their business so it might have been in their best interest to have taken it seriously.  Having a pro with you 8 hours a day and this is the best they could do... boggles the mind.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Lindsey! I'm also rooting for her to win. She's great! I actually rewatched the original dance and remember loving it more than I thought, so I knew they had big shoes to fill. I loved Meryl getting to talk to Lindsey/Mark as well. I don't think it matched up to Meryl/Maks but only because they have such a different dynamic and relationship. I did love their dance nonetheless. Like Vic/Val's, they made the dance unique, which is important. Inaba needs to shut it about being torn, though. Maks showing up was irritating, but then it was overshadowed by the two 9s. 

She was "torn"?  At that point she wasn't torn, her decision was made and the score was turned in.  Inaba's soooo fake!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

Raise your hand if you didn't know at 8 PM that Maks was going to find his way into the interview with Erin, Maks and Lindsey. He's oh so predictable.

I figured Victoria was going tonight but I still felt bad for how upset she got. Drew may or may not be as good as her but he seems to have a huge voting base. And I think Emma is still riding a voting base from last season's win.

Please go away Jenna. I'm tired of you and Val's pimping of you.

I hated iconic dances. Hated it. Please don't ever bring it back again. There's absolutely no reason to compare one contestant to someone from seasons ago, especially since the show is so different now.

However, if the show wants to do something different and maybe even regain viewers, how about another All-Star Season? BUT.......rather than former celebs, let's bring back former pros. I would give anything to see Karina, Tony, Edyta and Anna again and though I wasn't a huge fan of any of them, I would take Lacey, Jonathan, Chelsie or Louis in a heartbeat over Keo or Gleb or Sasha.

Agreed. 

And, screw Keo for even bringing up Maks name from backstage.

29 minutes ago, dcubed said:

Victoria is a lovely person (and yes, reminds me of Princess Di) and I’m so happy that she is better from a health standpoint but it was time for her to go.  She reminded me of Amy Purdy, whose story was also inspirational but who did very little dancing. As soon as they said her iconic dance would be one of Amber’s, I thought, “Of course, since Amber didn’t do a whole lot of dancing in that dance.” Hand movements, facial expressions and moving your feet while sitting down can be fun and entertaining but doesn’t demonstrate dance ability to me -musicality yes, dancing no.  And Victoria could not hold a candle to Amber’s musicality.  I’m sorry she was so sad but she probably improved her income level better than 100% being on this show. 

Amy was my S18 favorite, so since I've seen the comparison made previously I'd like to step in to explain what I saw different in her from Victoria -- while Derek did work around her physical limitations, including her back injury, in (primarily) the Argentine tango and jazz, she had a much more natural sense of rhythm and musicality than Victoria has. Amy worked what she could, and had great hip action; Victoria's much less attuned to that, and I can barely even remember her having to tackle Latin. Amy was also given more extensive content on the times when Derek's involvement was less -- Mark gave her a tough salsa on switch-up week, and the jive duet with Peta/James also entailed more upright content than Victoria had been tasked with.

I think Victoria did better than Drew tonight, but not so much last week, and she was never a finals-worthy dancer (again, I'd have put Terrell in place of her and Drew). I'd like to think Val's jackass move with the trio last week cost him some votes. And I hate that Jenna was given the literal spotlight in her first dance tonight. Val did her a huge disservice clearly not better preparing her for the chance of going home tonight.

Edited by lavenderblue
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, marykat71702 said:

What the heck was she thinking??? No one ever tried that with big , muscled football players as partners !  Crazy girl.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Andie1 said:

And this diversion is only going to help their business so it might have been in their best interest to have taken it seriously.  Having a pro with you 8 hours a day and this is the best they could do... boggles the mind.

Except that Jordan is the only one that really needs to take it seriously out of those three because he's the only one that isn't a household name, like Drew is and like Frankie is. They need the show less. 

You're right, it does boggle the mind. You'd think Jordan would be in there 10 hours a day. He has so much more to prove.

• Love 2

I feel like there was another pairing in recent years where the guy had to do a dangerous lift for his pro partner and it was so freaking scary... I just can't remember who it was. 

I knew Victoria was going home when they gave her those 10s for that jive. It was so obvious.

I should have realized that, but when they gave her those 10s, my immediate thought was that they were trying to give her enough points to keep her in the final four. I was like, that dance was a 10? Seriously?? Come ON. It was decent, but in no way a 10. Maybe it's too hard to match the energy that Amber and Derek had with their version of the routine, but Victoria really seemed in slow-motion in comparison. 

I was stunned when she was the one sent home. I really thought they gave her those 10s to keep her in the game.

Jordan and Lindsay were amazing tonight. I loved that original dance with Mark and Paige, and Jordan and Lindsay were SO fast and fun too. (And I'm tickled that I noticed he managed that cartwheel flip with straight legs - WOW. Glad Carrie Ann pointed that out during the critique.) 

I'm torn - I would like to see either Lindsey and Mark or Jordan and Lindsay win next week. They're both so good.

• Love 1