Type keyword(s) to search

Iron Chef Showdown: Iron Chef Meets Beat Bobby Flay

Now, that was an interesting show. I wasn't paying all that much attention in the beginning. Then I noticed all I saw was Giada during the tasting. I said WHAT to myself. Then it slowly dawned on me this was the John Besh episode. The editors did a good job of erasing John. There was a time where they were showing the cooking part and the judges table was in the background. You could see another person sitting there. Sure happy to Bobby lose!!!!!!

I was so intrigued by the missing judge that I almost overlooked that I really liked this battle.  The challenger was really a pretty modest guy for someone who can cook that well.  And I really liked that Flay finally paid a price for lack of creativity.  (3 steak courses in one meal? Re-using prior ICA dishes? Really?)

Also, maybe it was wardrobe or lighting but Giada looked healthier/better than she did in some Food Network appearances from last year. This is the first time in a while that she hasn't looked anorexic to me.  If so, good for her.

• Love 1