Type keyword(s) to search

S35.E07: Get to Gettin'

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

12 hours ago, blackwing said:

I have determined that Ben is a passive aggressive douchenozzle.  Cole was right.  If something bothered Ben, why didn't he just say it?  Cole admitted that he didn't realise what he was doing.  If Ben had pointed it out to him, then maybe Cole changes.  Instead, Ben kvetches about it to everyone except Cole.  Meanwhile, on that tribe with no food, everyone is eating sugar direct from the spoon, and Devin sticks the entire spoon into his mouth and lovingly caresses it with his tongue.  

eh. Ben used his dislike of Cole's eating habits and other peoples dislike of Cole's eating habits to place a target on Cole. Cole had no clue, which would have helped in blindsiding Cole. As soon as Jessica tells Cole that there is an issue and mentions Ben, Ben loses that element of surprise. I would hope that Ben would tell a co-worker that there was an issue as soon as it emerged but I have no problem with Ben stocking the fire and not saying anything to Cole.

3 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

I like Chrissy. I can see why many don't, but she came into the game with two disadvantages: being a woman and being over 40. If this was a marathon, it's as though she's starting the race a couple of miles behind the starting line and she has to work harder to catch up and surpass the others. She's playing hard and, so far, successfully to stay in the game. But she has to play to her strengths and weaknesses. She's not physically strong enough to rely on that to carry her through, so she has to compensate in playing social game and pretending to like everyone. The biggest risk with that strategy is that is the betrayal people feel when voted out. But as an actuarial, she's probably weighing the risks and rewards continually.

Yup. Agreed. Chrissy said once that she was in a strong social position and people are up in arms. Ryan always discusses how his social game is everything and it takes weeks for people to complain. Chrissy was right. She had a good relationship with both Ryan and JP and it appears to be stronger then the relationship that Ryan and JP had. Chrissy is probably aware that she was in a similar position with Ryan and Ali last week. I have no problem with her comment. I don't find her arrogant, I think the men make similar comments and people let them pass until they have said it so frequently it is annoying.

1 hour ago, Gummo said:

Jessica, maybe if you weren't a virgin, you wouldn't have spent every waking moment obsessed with Cole and -- gasp! -- SEX, and could have actually, y'know, played the game? Crazy idea, I know.

Please. Sex is not everything. I managed to complete high school, College and Graduate School without having sex. It was not all that distracting. And there were men that I was interested in and trying to woo and I managed to do just fine. I suspect that her virgin comments were asked for by Production in her talking heads. I have not heard anyone else reference her being a virgin or heard her discussing it with other people in the tribe. I seriously doubt that it was her guiding issue all season long. And you can like a person and be interested in a person without having sex.  I would put money on Figgy and Tyler not being virgins and managing to screw up their games by being too into each other to be paying attention tot he game. There are plenty of people who have played Survivor, and other shows, who let themselves be distracted by a showmance. See Jessica and Cody from this summers Big Brother. Sex is but one element of a relationship. It might be an important piece but it is not everything.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, KimberStormer said:

Hopefully this stuff will end before they're forcing contestants to endure the excruciating "reward" of Adam Sandler movies, though.

Was it on  Project Runway when they got a night off to see Sandler's movie "Jack and Hill"

• Love 1

Dang, what happened to Desi’s foot? I missed that.

I’m glad Joe wasted that idol. I hope he never finds another one.

This was the worst episode title.... how about “This is War” or “We’re Going to War” would have been more appropriate. 

That spin the ball challenge would have had me hypnotized. I’m sure their feet were cramping by the end.

Cole and Joe can go, and take Chrissy with them. Damn, I really wanted Chrissy to be the one gone this time. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

Didn't they say they were voting for her because she was smart? I don't think anyone has complained about her on a personal level, have they?

I feel like I'm watching a version of Survivor from an alternate timeline or something lol because I just don't see what other people are seeing. I don't see Chrissy as being obnoxious or smug or any of that.  I see a smart, strategic woman who is playing the game hard. And her social game obviously is good because whenever there's been a split in a tribe, the majority seem to side with her.  I also don't think her voting out Jessica had anything to do with her hating women, as was suggested above. It was clearly the right thing to do strategically. If you know an idol might go to one of two people, you do the smart thing and vote out their next in command - which was Jessica.

Saying that you're an adult virgin will tip the scales for getting you on any reality show.

I see this, too.  She got flack for voting out the first woman (Trisha?) too.  She is playing well and I appreciate that.  Now if she can engineer Cole or Joe out she may be praised. 

• Love 4

Joe brings the crazy play and Cole brings the stupid.

I understand a lot of people enjoy crazy and stupid but I for one just don't find it entertaining. That's the thing about "reality TV" that frustrates me so. Producers have it in their heads every season has to have some head case who's so disconnected from reality it's hysterical. They think it makes "good TV." And then we spend an entire season of posters asking "how did this guy ever pass the psych eval?" even though it happens every single season.

So who was the second girl?  Chrissy was the only other woman discussed and voted for.  How is Chrissy a non-entity?

I guess I really meant non-threat rather than non-entity, as in, neither woman was a real immunity challenge threat. I guess it's interesting nobody on the Healer 5 brought up voting out Devon or Ryan (that we know of) but zeroed in on Chrissy, like maybe they thought she was the ring leader or something.

Survivor is notorious for not telling us the whole story and how the decision came to be made because they care more about surprising us at tribal than about us understanding what the hell happened.

3 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

Those two honestly looked like brother and sister to me, which made it creepy to watch them flirt. Very Flowers in the Attic. 

Does that make Probst the Grandmother?   

I'm sorry to see Jessica go.

Yes, Jessica.  It is possible for virgins to order delicious, delicious, hot chocolate lava cake desserts from a chain steak restaurant without breaking their hymens.

Whatever.  She's gone.  I'm over her.

Edited by HurricaneVal
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

It's really disappointing that after the merge the two targets end up being a couple of non-entities. I was hoping it would come down to either Joe or Cole but instead everyone turned their attention to two girls who were a threat to nobody. I guess I can see the strategy in taking out a number but it's not very interesting. Meanwhile we're stuck with Joe another week.

I wouldn't say that BOTH girls were a threat to nobody. They didn't have the numbers, but Healers absolutely made the right choice in targeting Chrissy, IMO. She may not be a physical threat, but I absolutely see her as a social and strategic threat. I find bumbling, babbling Cole to be much less of a threat. 

I feel ya on Joe, though. 

• Love 2

I know the majority of the group didn’t witness Joe at the TC where he hooted and hollered how he KNEW!! how everyone was going to vote because he can “read faces”.  But, oh how I wanted Desi or anyone to jump up, pumping their arms and swinging around like Magilla Gorilla shouting, “I KNEW IT!  I just read your face, Baby Boy!  I knew how you were gonna play, Yo!”  I can’t stand Joe, and I was so entertained by his expression and gulping when he realized he played his idol for nuh-thing!  All of his bragging and foolish jabbering is annoying.  Can not wait for him to “get to getting” off my tv.

Edited by BusyOctober
  • Love 15
8 hours ago, mojoween said:

Ok I'll be that person...lava cake is terrible and all those closeup shots of medium rare steak were super gross.  Oh and I also hate bone-in rib-eye.

Sorry Outback.  I would have been all over a Bloomin’ Onion though and I have no idea why they did not provide their most famous product.

Regarding Outback...I'd be the Survivor sheepishly asking if they had any chicken.

But I've often wondered how these people can go from barely eating to scorfing down steak, chocolate cake, and potatos, not to mention chugging several pints of beer.  Aren't they all writhing in pain later on?

Anyway...cool immunity challenge - I always pay closer attention when it's something we haven't seen before.

I hope Smuggy McSmugPants gets voted out next week.  I thought for certain that she was a goner when the show opened with her discussing her awesomeness for the camera.  That's usually a pretty good tell, but alas, 'twas not to be.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 7

Cole just doesn't know he's doing anything wrong, y'all.  It never dawned on him that starving people wouldn't want him to eat all the food or that when people told him a secret he wasn't supposed to tell.  This selfish moron spends his life eating four times the normal amount of food and then going to the gym to burn it off by lifting heavy stuff up and down. He has left my Chrissy hate in the dust.

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, Wouldofshouldof said:

Agreed. the last time my family ever ate it was years ago when someone gave us a gift card.  We all agreed that everything was WAY too salty.

We ate there once because of a gift card, too.  The steak lacked flavor.  How can you do that to a rib eye?!  Dumb salad and who eats mac and cheese with a steak?  If I had been on Survivor I would have loved it though!

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

Cole just doesn't know he's doing anything wrong, y'all.  It never dawned on him that starving people wouldn't want him to eat all the food or that when people told him a secret he wasn't supposed to tell.  This selfish moron spends his life eating four times the normal amount of food and then going to the gym to burn it off by lifting heavy stuff up and down. He has left my Chrissy hate in the dust.

Exactly. It's like when people are hardcore bitches and then say, "That's just how I am". Well, who you are sucks! The fact that he'd never think about other people on his tribe being hungry just shows what a vapid, self absorbed moron he is. 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, mojoween said:

all those closeup shots of medium rare steak were super gross.

I was hoping someone would be smart enough to ask for a well or well-done steak. Yeah, they're not as tasty, but, you get more calories out of them! Rarer steaks have fewer calories. With every calorie at a premium, it would have been worth going for a well-done steak.

49 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

But I've often wondered how these people can go from barely eating to scorfing down steak, chocolate cake, and potatos, not to mention chugging several pints of beer.  Aren't they all writhing in pain later on?

I've read some interviews in the past where these sorts of rewards and banquets are a mixed blessing.  You're so starving hungry that you just wolf stuff down, then you definitely pay the consequences later--and often those consequences are more debilitating than the original hunger.  

On a much earlier season, maybe even one of the Rupert seasons, they did a reward challenge where the winner got to pick some people to eat like a king at the high table with him (now that I think about it, it was Rupert), then in a sort of pecking order hierarchy, the food was doled out to the rest of the group by the challenge winner in decreasing amounts and in decreasing richness.  I think the bottom of the pecking order got something like a small bowl of plain rice, while Rupert and his cronies got like Steak Oscar with hollandaise sauce, potatoes oozing with butter and sour cream, and a lot of other really rich and luxe items.  Stepping down it went to like fried chicken, then burgers and fries, to the last guy who got the portion of plain rice.  In that  season, everyone who challenged their starving tummies with the sudden influx of ultra rich foods got sick, and I guess it was pretty bad--the competition over the one latrine was pretty fierce when there were something like four people with the desperate runs and a few others with just the regular runs.  The rice guy?  Happy as a clam with a full, easily digested belly.  That was one instance where the reward, uh, backfired.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, Charlesman said:

I was hoping someone would be smart enough to ask for a well or well-done steak. Yeah, they're not as tasty, but, you get more calories out of them! Rarer steaks have fewer calories. With every calorie at a premium, it would have been worth going for a well-done steak.

Joe ordered two of them!  He's the most strategical!  DEUCES!  (Though I must say I'm hard-pressed to understand how it could be true that well-done has more calories.)

I get what people are saying about Cole being a blabbermouth, but that still doesn't seem to me like a good reason for Ben in particular to be so determined to take him out immediately.  He just doesn't seem like a priority to me in any way.  Honestly, Jessica seemed like much more of a threat to me, even though I don't think that's why they picked her.

• Love 6

Jessica said in interviews that she tried to talk to Chrissy but she was cold to her and that she thought that Chrissy has a problem with other women. I guess we are not crazy about our opinion for her.

• Love 5

All I could think of when watching them gorge on food was what it would be like back at camp later in the evening.... when the consequences set in.

Devon reminds me of an actor who’s recently been in a lot of roles, cannot remember his name. His eyes are mesmerizing.

• Love 1

Well, I liked seeing the smile wiped off and then the cranky scowl grow  and grow on Chrissy's face as her name came up more than once. See ya, Jessica! See ya, Joe's second idol! Guess he had a speck in his eye that blocked his face-reading skills this time. Hopefully the insult of being voted will cause Chrissy to self-implode next episode.

• Love 5

Chrissy hates women because she drinks beer. I think I have seen it all now. 

@Rachel RSL, if you are watching in another world, I went through the same portal. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about Chrissy. Plays hard. Is smart. Has her own game, rather than playing a game that would allow editing to portray her as a man's coattail rider.

Edited by azshadowwalker
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I would imagine they are, it just doesn't make it onto the show.  I vividly remember Season 2 when we were treated to shots of Colby and others frantically running through the woods to the makeshift latrine and trying not to crap their pants.   I laughed my ass off.  But I can't remember the last time we saw contestants in the act of gastric distress.  I know we saw Dan Foley talking about losing his underpants while taking a dump in the ocean.  And this season we heard Simone talking about her dump in the ocean.  But it seems that they don't want us to show the frantic race anymore.

19 minutes ago, azshadowwalker said:

Chrissy hates women because she drinks beer. I think I have seen it all now. 

I did say it was an irrational comment for me to make but that I dislike her so much, everything about her bugs me.  But I still believe that she cozies up to men by acting like them.  She wants all of their attention and there's no room in her world for another woman who will challenge her position as the sole woman amongst a group of guys.  I wasn't at all surprised that she chose the huge mug of beer.  And her interactions with Roark and Jessica gave me the impression she hates women.  Not necessarily the beer.  

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, himela said:

Jessica said in interviews that she tried to talk to Chrissy but she was cold to her and that she thought that Chrissy has a problem with other women. I guess we are not crazy about our opinion for her.

Well when you look at who’s been voted out by Chrissy, it makes sense:  Katrina, Roark, Ali, Jessica.

• Love 6

Well, that sucked. Although, I do like that I was mostly right about how the immediate post merge would go. I pegged Desi as the first casualty over Jessica, but I was right about the reasoning behind the first vote. 

Speaking of Jessica, the hate she gets simply for talking about being a virgin is super alarming to me, especially considering a) she was 100% prompted to mention it by Production and b) she actually didn't mention it that much. 

Ben is a petty little bitch, which I find kind of hilarious. I mean damn I did not expect him to turn out to be that way lol. And his 'this is war' shit was very funny (sarcasm) after his PTSD segment a few eps ago. 

Chrissy is so arrogant. It's hilarious. Her being so overbearing with Ben was cracking me up and also made me think she's not actually as good at the game as I (or she) think she is. Very rude of the editors to dangle a Chrissy blindside in front of me and then yank it away. I hate Chrissy's personality a bunch, but I'll give it to her, she's playing the game hard. Like I feel pretty confident that she would at the very least contemplate murdering someone to win.

I'm super confused by why so many of the players mentioned Joe being the most strategic player. He is not. Like, he's actually terrible. All he knows how to do/is good at doing is finding idols. Is finding idols all you have to do now to be considered strategic?

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, himela said:

Or Jessica and Chrissy just didn't click. It's possible that Chrissy is that way, but frankly so far her choices have been the best ones to advance her strategically in the game with the least amount of risk. The fact that the other targets have also been women has been partially due to tribe make up, partially due to pre-existing relationships, and partially due to who has cozied up to Chrissy in return.

I mean, I don't think Jessica was sent home because Chrissy felt threatened by her. I think Joe and Cole were the preferred targets, but they were afraid Joe had an idol, and since everyone knew Cole's name had been tossed around, they were afraid of voting for him in case Joe or someone else played an idol for Cole. Desi was immune. So that left Jessica or Mike, and since Mike and Joe have known issues that might be able to be exploited later whereas Jessica is attached to Cole at the hip, they vote Jessica. Unexpected vote goes uncountered by any idols, the Healers are down to four, and Cole loses his keeper. That's not woman-hating. It's frustrating as hell when Cole is still there, but it's just good game play.

Also, I read that interview you're referencing. Jessica was all over the place. I liked Jessica a lot, but came away from that interview thinking, "Wha?" 

• Love 10

I posted an interview with Jessica in her thread.  I have not paid much attention so far this season so I didn't realize how vacant she was!  Wow.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Ben is a petty little bitch, which I find kind of hilarious. I mean damn I did not expect him to turn out to be that way lol. And his 'this is war' shit was very funny (sarcasm) after his PTSD segment a few eps ago. 

You noticed that, too, huh? It's not that I don't believe he has PTSD, because his reactions reminded me of my dad's reactions to loud noises. It's just that I think he's extremely self-important in the way he presents himself. It's like American exceptionalism incarnate. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, ByaNose said:

and, she also has the most amazing skin and teeth. She doesn't even look like she's having any hunger issues.

Desi looks like a glamour model out there.  She looks like they put makeup on her everyday ..... face AND body..... like to prep her for a photoshoot.

She's crazy beautiful is all I'm saying.... ; )

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Dang, what happened to Desi’s foot? I missed that.

I wondered that, too. It looked as though she had stitches on the medial side of her heal, and she definitely had a band-aid on the lateral side. I expected Jeff to explain it when he was talking about how hard it was for her to walk up the slight incline.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Hanahope said:

I can't believe that Cole didn't see the note in the nails.  I hope someone does eventually.  It was a very different place to hide it.

I'm curious if was one of the, "next tribal council use only," advantages. If so, production would probably make it disappear if it wasn't found in time.

• Love 1

So, I have a cute anecdote about the show.  I apologize right now if someone already mentioned this -- I haven't seen anyone else mention it yet.

I watched the first episode of this season with my brother.  We noticed that Ben has a particular tick.  When someone expresses feeling any kind of strong emotion, Ben chimes in and says "WE'RE ALL feeling (that way)."  It's a while ago, so I'm sorry I can't come up with an actual example, but hypothetically let's say Jeff asked Devon if he was excited to finally start playing "Survivor" and then Devon said yes, well then Ben would chime in and say "We're ALL excited to start playing the game."  This happened like 3 or 4 times.  

When it got to the part where Chrissy was actually VOMITING and Ben actually said "We're ALL feeling the heat", or something, well, my brother and I were in absolute hysterics.

I forgot all about of this until Jeff commented on Desi dragging her heels to the challenge and Jeff asked her to comment on how weak and tired and depleted is, and Ben said something like "We're ALL tired out here, Jeff."  Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!  

(Good on Desi for actually winning the challenge after all that. I couldn't help but wonder [Carrie Bradshaw voice] if she did it to prove to Jeff and everyone else that she wasn't as weak as he claimed.)

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 17
9 hours ago, Gummo said:

The producers/editors really need to give us more context for what's going on. WHY was that tribe (I already forgot which it was) starving and out of food? Couldn't they fish? Were there no coconuts, no fruit of any kind growing around them? Were they idiots who managed their resources badly, or was it circumstances beyond their control? Without contexts, I didn't know whether to feel sorry for them or despise them.

I got the feeling they were the, "Entitlement Tribe." They thought they would always be given an endless supply of food so there was no reason to ration what they had or go find their own food sources.

23 hours ago, PaperTree said:

From smug to starving to a 5 minute Outback commercial.

Is Outback in financial trouble? The stores near me have drastically cut back on hours. They have also been very heavy-handed with their local advertising.

• Love 1

Hmmm. I'm on the fence. This episode didn't actually make me warm to Chrissy in any way but it did temper my dislike of her. Although I thought that conversation she was attempting with Ben at the feast was majorly tone-deaf and maybe an indicator that she doesn't have the social game she thinks she does. 

I honestly don't think Cole meant 8,000 calories. This suggests that even an active 20-something male should only be eating 3,000. 8,000 kilojoules, maybe? That's about average. Either way, it's weird that you'd go on Survivor and expect to eat the anywhere near same amount of food as you do at home. 

I did think of this board and all those 'are they getting more food these days?' discussions in the scene early on with Ashley and Devon talking about being starving. They seemed genuinely lethargic. I'm glad they got a feast but also I don't want to know how they felt 12 hours later. 

I don't know who suggested Desi throw the challenge lest she be seen as a threat but I'm glad she didn't because I feel like she would have been the target if she didn't win immunity (as the top woman in Joe's alliance). 

Jessica... Look. I know they make her say the virgin stuff. I know it's edited. But every. single. confessional. she had seemed to mention either that, or her love life, or Cole, or boys. I mean... 'I thought only boys could break your heart?' She seems very, very young for someone who's nearly 30 - not because she's a virgin, because I don't care about that one way or the other, but in her whole attitude to male-female relationships. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, eel2178 said:

I got the feeling they were the, "Entitlement Tribe." They thought they would always be given an endless supply of food so there was no reason to ration what they had or go find their own food sources.

Ashley even mentioned that all the chickens were gone.  So they actually had chickens, which is something the other two tribes didn't have, and they STILL ran out of food.  Pathetic.

Regarding Jessica and her constant reference to her intactness and whether the producers are eliciting those comments... they could be.  However, if that's the case, why isn't Skinny Ryan getting the same treatment?  Ryan is very clearly a virgin, he said he's never had a girlfriend and doesn't know anything about girls.  Why aren't they getting him to say similar things?  Is it because a 30 year old female virgin is viewed as some sort of exotic species whereas a young early 20ish male virgin is viewed as something else?

• Love 5

This season has been a great example of the Butterfly Effect.  The ripple started very early when Cole helped Joe find an immunity idol.  Because Joe played the idol, it kept him from being eliminated after the tribes were mixed.  Because there were still six Healers left in the next episode, it led to Brian voting off Roark instead of Chrissy.  Because Aly sided with the Healers in this episode, it led to her getting voted out in the next episode.  Because the Healers still had a plurality at the merge (and because they hated Joe so much), this helped lead to the Hustlers and Heroes combining forces and voting out a Healer.  All because Cole recognized the square in the tree drawing as the well instead of a raft and told Joe instead of finding the idol himself.

As a long time engineer I find myself analyzing everything, including traffic lights.  If I were on Survivor I would be analyzing 24/7.  As an actuary, that is the same way Chrissy is playing the game, which is probably why I respect her so much.  If she has a smug look it's probably because she run all the numbers through her head many times and realizes that she is about to succeed.  It's probably the same look she gets when she's run all the statistics on a particular stock she has recommended and knows it is going to be a winner.

Even though I don't like him very much. I really have to admire Brian's social game.  Before the merge, he was on the losing tribe four of the six times, largely because he is so inept at challenges.  As the weakest person in his tribe, he should have been an easy vote.  Yet not only has he not been voted out, his name never even came up.  And now with the merge, he is going to be considered a nonthreat and will probably make to the end.  

• Love 6

Oh, my Chrissy dislike has tempered but her very smug 'nine hundred times' to Jeff's 'how many times longer have these girls lasted than Ryan?' at the IC was cringey. It... really was not that hard a question. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Hanahope said:

Well when you look at who’s been voted out by Chrissy, it makes sense:  Katrina, Roark, Ali, Jessica.

Ok but if the rest of the people Chrissy is working with are voting out those people, what is she supposed to do? These people weren't voted out by Chrissy and Chrissy alone. Do the rest of the people who voted for them also hate women? 

Unpopular opinion alert: I want Joe to stick around for a while. He's one of the few people who is bringing any sort of entertainment value to this exceptionally boring season. (Any grammar queens here? Should that have been "who is bringing" or "who are bringing"? They both sound simultaneously right and wrong to me.)

Edited by Rachel RSL
  • Love 10

I am loving Joe @Rachel RSL.  I'm also fine with Ben and Dr. Mike.  Most of the cast is just fine to me.  Chrissy gets a little annoying but honestly I don't remotely hate anyone.  But Joe and Desi (and Devon cuz he's sooooooooo fine) I guess are my favourites.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5

I wonder if Cole, Devon & JP will ever bro-down. Three young guys and of similar ages. I guess they see each other as serious competition though. I think they were seated next to each other at the merge feast throwing back the beers. That said, it was the only time they were even near each other. What will be the boot order of the 3? I’m guessing Cole is first, then Devon and JP will be dragged to the end. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Some seasons ago, an older guy went on a reward where he was able to eat unlimited amounts of beef.    He overindulged, and apparently it became impacted in his colon.   He developed sweats and was in great pain.   He had to be medivac'ed off the island.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 3

Chrissy has really grown on me, she's playing a smart game handicapped by her resting bitch face.

I was amazed that Cole could actually spin a ball and move at the same time, it strikes me as astounding that he can walk and talk at the same time. Also he has zero insight or self awareness. 

Jo is a dick.

I'm Australian and the outback steakhouse here is rubbish!

• Love 7
17 hours ago, blackwing said:

I noticed the clearing for the challenges is a perfect rectangle carved out of the forest.  I'm sure it's been there from previous seasons, but the show really cut down all those trees just to make a perfect rectangle?

After getting clearance from the Fijian government, yes.  But that would also give them a ready supply of lumber to build challenges, so that would help save costs.  Or the Fijian government ordered/allowed for an existing clearing expanded into said rectangle for Survivor purposes.  Or as opined elsewhere in the thread, it's a location normally used by tourist groups that Survivor takes over during shooting seasons.  (Or vice versa.  Survivor created the clearing first, but tourists use it between seasons.

16 hours ago, ghoulina said:

And [Cole] normally eats 8,000 calories a day? Does he then work out for 5 hours????

He did say he climbs rocks and mountains.  I imagine those are activities that burn more calories than typical.  He's still an idiot for not anticipating the dramatic decrease in caloric intake.  (I suspect he was a totally clueless recruit, or an applicant for Big Brother.)

6 hours ago, simplyme said:

I mean, I don't think Jessica was sent home because Chrissy felt threatened by her. I think Joe and Cole were the preferred targets, but they were afraid Joe had an idol, and since everyone knew Cole's name had been tossed around, they were afraid of voting for him in case Joe or someone else played an idol for Cole. Desi was immune. So that left Jessica or Mike, and since Mike and Joe have known issues that might be able to be exploited later whereas Jessica is attached to Cole at the hip, they vote Jessica. Unexpected vote goes uncountered by any idols, the Healers are down to four, and Cole loses his keeper. That's not woman-hating.

Additionally, there's the "separate the (romantic/power) couple" dynamic that is always in play.  And the facts that of said couple, Jessica was obviously the smarter and the less offensive/more social.  While I did bring up the Horsemen, the comparison to Figgy and Taylor is more apt.

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, SVNBob said:

He did say he climbs rocks and mountains.  I imagine those are activities that burn more calories than typical. 

I googled the calories runners intake when carb-loading for marathons and the peak is like 3400 a day. I'm still convinced he's either talking kilojoules or wildly exaggerating. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Anyway...cool immunity challenge - I always pay closer attention when it's something we haven't seen before.

Yes and no. It's new to this version, but it's taken from Australian Survivor. (They did it without the ramp, and it lasted over an hour.)

I'm actually really surprised they don't take more challenges from other versions of the show, to be honest. They do do it occasionally (the weird "three of you are strapped to a wheel above a dunk tank" one they kept trying to make happen circa Nicaragua was from the Dutch version, for example) but surely even a mediocre, six-out-of-ten challenge from somewhere else would be preferable to some of the shit they keep churning out now.

• Love 4