Type keyword(s) to search

S35.E07: Get to Gettin'

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

I got my hopes up the teeniest bit that Chrissy might actually go.  I knew I wasn’t going to be lucky.  Devon got a lot of airtime out of nowhere that I was worried he was going to get booted.  Chrissy must have some sort of voodoo spell going on out there that makes sure all the women get booted first, so she can compete against the men and talk about how awesome she is being the last woman standing, and what a hero she is for quitting her job, being a mom, and going back to work.  Glad you’re not overconfident about your social game or anything, Chrissy.  BTW, your torch can get snuffed anytime now.  She makes my blood boil.  Hope Cole the Human Garbage Disposal eats everyone’s food.  And I didn't even like Jessica, but damn you producers for making it seem like there was a chance Chrissy might go.  Hopefully there's room left on the island for everyone else with her over inflated ego.

Yay to Desi winning the IC!  Was worried for her tonight, though I don't have much hope for her going forward.  Probably just make her a bigger target in Queen Chrissy's eyes.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 19

OMG I squealed when Jeff said Chrissy!!!  Her face? LOL.  I'm so angry..we came so damn close.

I really hate Joe..ugh.

I'm kind of glad the virgin is gone.  We don't need no virgins on Survivor.

Ben was just a little annoying tonight.  I hate when people think they are the boss of everyone when they merge.

Speaking of which..boy did those steaks look delicious.. My mouth was watering.

• Love 7

From smug to starving to a 5 minute Outback commercial.

This is screwed up CBS/Burnett.  

Queen bee virgin Jessica:  No  you're stupid. Ha Ha you're blindsided.  So many I want voted off tonight, but you will do.

Crissy is on to Joe.  Good  Ben making smart noises

Under the radar? There's 3 of you left.  Devin seems to be blowing this.

I'm feeling a joe vote, idol play and adios Cole.  OK  Glad i was wrong *again

I'm liking the challenge.  Shut up Jeff!

Cole.  I don't know what to say.

Bizarre Tribal.

Idol flushed !  Yes! And the virgin goes out with it!  Yea!

• Love 10

Well, shoot. I got all excited when Chrissy's name came up. I'm more convinced than ever now that she will win. Blech.  At least we won't be hearing "as a virgin" anymore. 

That was the worst product placement ever. Good thing it wasn't a drinking game with all the times they said Outback or I wouldn't be able to type. 

Mike's imitation of Joe at tribal was hilarious. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 14

Well, that was a bit of a letdown for a so-called blindside.  I didn't mind Jessica, and really wanted Cole gone.  

And speaking of Cole, did he say that back home he usually eats eight thousand calories a day?  Normally, I'd think that was an exaggeration, but I'm not sure with him.  

Three people made it to the merge without a previous TC?  Has that ever happened before?  (I'm really bad at remembering previous seasons after they wrap up.)

Desi was so pleasantly surprised when she won immunity - I was happy for her.  

• Love 14

Cole says how they're so tight and trust each other. Ha - first time they lose, he's out.  I wonder what happened to Levu tribe's food? Someone must have been pigging out. Poor Devon, you can see his ribs. Aren't there little critters crawling on the beach they can eat?

Outback Steakhouse, nice feast! So they are branching out from Big Brother to Survivor.  What do you eat to get 8000 calories a day??? That's what Cole eats. They talk about Joe's idol. You can almost see the light bulb above her head - does he have another idol? Jessica, you don't have to talk about being a virgin when you're talking about your dessert. (And I know what thunder from down under also means)

Wow, they have a lot of stuff. Ha!! Cole couldn't find the advantage when he had his hands on it!! Liked the show highlighting the advantage.  Ben asks: Do I trust Cole?? The universe answers: NO!!  Jessica, you don't need Cole as your number one. At least she didn't say Ride or Die.

So it's Day 19 and there's an Immunity challenge. I thought Immunity was the same day as Tribal Council and that Tribal Council was always on a day divisible by 3. This challenge is like looking at the dryer spinning in the Laundromat. Watch Cole win. Ugh. At least there's no tight underpants on display today. Go Desi!! Go anyone but Cole! It's only been 10 minutes? Seems like it's been much longer. Hurrah! Cole drops! Hurray Desi!! Good work!!

Go baby turtle!! Immunity for baby turtle!!

Joe has one of the ugliest tattoos, that baby face on his shoulder! Hmm, so it's Cole or Chrissy.  Interesting tribal, nice that they got Joe to display the idol. I have no idea who's going to leave. Ha!! And he's going to play it!! Watch, he gets no votes. And he got no votes!! Ha! But I'm sorry Jessica was voted out before Cole. I wanted to see how she would play without Cole around.

• Love 7

Still ambivalent as heck. Still not taking down names.  Desi does look good, but I don't usually gauge hotness in women on reality shows.

Man, Probst, keep pimping that Outback! If I'm there, I would have inquired about a Bloomin' Onion. In my head, you need at least three people to get that as an appetizer and not feel like shit afterward. Even if y tribe hadn't struggled with food I would've scarfed one of those down. What is the Chocolate Lava Cake? I don't believe I've ever had that.

Thanks for whipping out and cashing in your idol for nothing, Joe! Did Tony ever use an idol and then receive no votes?

6 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Anyone who says “I am dominating the social game on this tribe”’is someone I absolutely have no interest from ever hearing from again.

What if that person followed it up with, "And I have four friends total in real life"?

• Love 4

Three people made it to the merge without a previous TC?  Has that ever happened before?  (I'm really bad at remembering previous seasons after they wrap up.)

I believe during S31 Joe and Keith hadn't attended TC before the merge.  I don't remember it happening before then.

Also, Cole is some man of nature that lives in his car, right?  What does he do, drive around in his Prius and dumpster dive for food or use his good looks and 'aw shucks' and ask for hand outs?  I just can't get over him and the food!  But if he doesn't eat it all, hopefully he hides it from the other alliance.

BTW, Outback is totally a reward I could get behind.  I'd probably be like Cole and hog it all for myself.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, ElleryAnne said:

As mentioned, Joe and Keith from Cambodia.  But also the entire Tandang tribe in Philippines (Skupin, R.C., Artis, Lisa, Pete, and Abi-Maria), which made six people who avoided it before the merge.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, ElleryAnne said:

Michele and Nick from season 32 hold the record for not going to their first tribal until day 22.

• Love 7

If you were really playing you get more out of that idol. Okay, go the wearing the idol route but then believe that has swayed people to at least a split of votes and DON'T play the idol then, then when you receive zero votes you say alright same idol same scenario next time. See how many down the road you feel you can get. This way just didn't give enough bang for your idol buck I don't think.

Oh and I think I'm still 93%ish bored with this season.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Star Aristille said:

Show's only just started in my timezone.  Did Probst mention anything about at least the jury for Jessica?

I heard he didn't but he's done that before with the first jury member than reveals at next tribal they.are the first member 

Right after the merge, when whoever it was started talking about the healers and hustlers taking out the heroes, or whatever the heck it was, I was obviously totally lost because I can't remember what anyone was originally .  Except for Chrissy, because it's so baffling why she is a hero, and Dr. Mike because, well, he's referred to as Dr. Mike.  But all the rest -- man, I don't know. 

I was disappointed Chrissy did not go, but on the bright side, she was not expecting to see her name written down, so that was fun.  Joe played his idol and became increasingly twitchy as the votes were being read and it was clear he didn't need to play it.   And Jessica was voted out.  She was probably a nice enough gal, but too much virgin talk and a little too girly/ giddy over Cole.  Was she there to play Survivor, or get a date?  So, not sorry to see her go. 

Chrissy is gross. She can be next. 

• Love 19
30 minutes ago, Haleth said:

That was the worst product placement ever.

I've got to disagree.  That segment, IMO, will go down in history as product placement that leaves anyone who saw it .....wanting it.  (OK, leave out the vegans of all persuasions, they're probably not going to Outback any time, any way, any how).  The players all but squeeling in delight seemed to be way beyond acting.  

I'd love to see the sales for Outback Th through Sun compared to the same days last year.  I would guess they got their money's worth.

• Love 14

I won't miss Jessica. Or rather won't miss her mentioning how much she loves and wants Cole every other segment.  Seriously go try out for The Bachelor or whatever.

I love that Joe burned his Idol. That was worth the whole episode.

Lauren is still an enigma that I can't really crack. I guess she is going to follow Ben.

Low Key episode for narrator Ryan.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 9
44 minutes ago, Haleth said:

At least we won't be hearing "as a virgin" anymore. 

Haha I know right?  Although Mr P and I were having fun with remarks like, "As a virgin, he makes my lady parts tingle" and "As a virgin, I'm not good at handling balls" throughout the rest of the episode :)

• Love 20

Yeah, I am so wanting to go to Outback this weekend and try that lava cake. 

They didnt show Ashley and JT reunite, did they? Good on them for keeping their power coupling on the down low.

I, in the obvious minority, am glad that Chrissy didn't get booted. I wish it had been Cole though.

• Love 12

Ninety percent of Survivor winners are in the majority in the first vote at the merge.

So, congratulations to ... Ben, Lauren, Devon, Ashley, Ryan, Chrissy or JP.

I wonder if it will hold true this year, since the vote was so close. I suppose we'll see.

Edited by Eolivet
  • Love 7

Hopefully, Chrissy will be a little off her high horse next week. I don’t think she was expecting a vote let alone multiple votes. I was kind of hoping she was going. Joe is annoying and I'm glad he played his idol for no reason. I guess he doesn’t know how to read faces after all. That said, how come I didn’t realize Jessica hadn’t made the jury. In my head, I thought I heard Jeff say it. It wasn’t till much later watching Andrea Bohilke on Fan Forum that I realized it when she mentioned Jessica not making jury. Now, Jessica & Cole can’t spend any quality time together at Ponderosa. LOL!!!!!

P.S: Where in the heck was JP? I didn’t think anyone could pass Purple Kelly with a non edit but he has definitely has. Totally crazy!!!

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

That said, how come I didn’t realize Jessica hadn’t made the jury. In my head, I thought I heard Jeff say it.

Oh I definitely caught that.  Too bad. So sad.  That's karma in my mind for going after Devon with her advantage of Doom.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Lamima said:

I thought all boots after merge go to jury????

Not every season.  In the early seasons the first merge boot was always the last pre-juror.  Then in some later seasons, they'd start the jury before the merge (Cook Islands and Fiji seasons).  I think it just varies in each season.

I guess I'm glad Jessica and Cole won't be living it up in Ponderosa later.  Especially if he's the next boot.  I'd pity the staff stuck with them. 

And speaking of pity, if Cole is the first juror, then I pity the castaways that follow him.  There won't be any food for them.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, Lamima said:

I thought all boots after merge go to jury????

No.  Corinne made the merge in Caramoan, but didn't make the jury.  Kelly from Worlds Apart had the same fate after she was idoled out after it.

3 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Then in some later seasons, they'd start the jury before the merge (Cook Islands and Fiji seasons).

Gabon and Heroes vs. Villains, as well.

Edited by Star Aristille
  • Love 2

Jess didn't really play, so I am not heartbroken. I wished it could have been Joe or Cole, but I knew it would be Jessica as soon as her name was thrown out as the third option. Still, despite my correct guess, I loved this episode. 

Chrissy is a smart woman. Would not be at all unhappy if she won this thing. 

• Love 11
36 minutes ago, enoughcats said:

I've got to disagree.  That segment, IMO, will go down in history as product placement that leaves anyone who saw it .....wanting it.  (OK, leave out the vegans of all persuasions, they're probably not going to Outback any time, any way, any how).  The players all but squeeling in delight seemed to be way beyond acting.  

I'd love to see the sales for Outback Th through Sun compared to the same days last year.  I would guess they got their money's worth.

They could also look at the previous times that the Outback was a sponsor as well. I clearly remember Sandra during the Heroes vs. Villains season mentioning how much she loved it and used to go there 

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, Lamima said:

They didnt show Ashley and JT reunite, did they? 

They didn't show JT at all...which I'm fine with because I don't like him. I didn't like Ashley at first but I'm warming to her now and would like to see if she, Desi and Devon could continue to work together. Especially if they say "deuces" to Joe.

• Love 4

Yeah I'm not down for Chrissys smug arrogant ass dominating the season. I'm losing the interest to watch so fast and my Gulity Pleasure Riverdale is on fire so I need something to interest me in watching more of Survivor this season

• Love 5

I was happy for Desi winning the first IC but part of me feels like maybe she should have thrown it to Ashley...I am afraid down the road this will hurt her if they consider her a challenge threat. Especially now that the numbers are not on her side.

Joe wastes an idol, Cole gets no votes and Jess departs the came still a virgin. Not a predictable outcome but not very exciting either.

I noticed with nary and Alan in sight to c@*k-block JP and Ashley they had ZERO interaction  now that they are reunited again. Perhaps they are paranoid about a repeat of episode 1.

Producers please stop trying to push Ryan as your new break out character...its not working.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

I was happy for Desi winning the first IC but part of me feels like maybe she should have thrown it to Ashley...I am afraid down the road this will hurt her if they consider her a challenge threat. Especially now that the numbers are not on her side.

Joe wastes an idol, Cole gets no votes and Jess departs the came still a virgin. Not a predictable outcome but not very exciting either.

I noticed with nary and Alan in sight to c@*k-block JP and Ashley they had ZERO interaction  now that they are reunited again. Perhaps they are paranoid about a repeat of episode 1.

Producers please stop trying to push Ryan as your new break out character...its not working.

I actually had forgotten about the Ashley & JP pairing at the beginning of the game. JP wasn’t even in the episode  and I think he was only one who didn’t get a confessional. I’m guessing there isn’t much to their pairing from here on out.  

• Love 4

Gee, COLE, I wonder why your tribe doesn't have any food.

Yes, Chrissy, Joe really is loud and obnoxious.

Gee, Jessica, thanks for making sure we know you're a virgin.  Yawn.

The title of this episode should have been "Sippin' On Ben's Juice".  :D

"You got to get out the really smart ones."  Says the DOCTOR.

God, Joe is really obnoxious.

Why so many votes for Jessica?

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Silver Raven said:

Gee, COLE, I wonder why your tribe doesn't have any food.

Yes, Chrissy, Joe really is loud and obnoxious.

Gee, Jessica, thanks for making sure we know you're a virgin.  Yawn.

The title of this episode should have been "Sippin' On Ben's Juice".  :D

"You got to get out the really smart ones."  Says the DOCTOR.

God, Joe is really obnoxious.

Why so many votes for Jessica?

Jessica got screwed with her association with Cole. They all assumed that Joe & Cole had an idol. She was the planned backup vote. It’s sort of like when Figgy got screwed when she hooked up with Taylor. Why does the woman always get screwed first?!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, DrScottie said:
1 hour ago, enoughcats said:

They could also look at the previous times that the Outback was a sponsor as well. I clearly remember Sandra during the Heroes vs. Villains season mentioning how much she loved it and used to go there 

Yes, they did do it on Heroes and Villains and also on Cagayan.  I feel like they were also a reward in more seasons than that but hopefully somebody else will do the work of looking it up.:)

Yes, agree that this is one of best of the food rewards.   Beats the hell out of  the donuts and ice cream and cookies.

Edited by ratgirlagogo

Well, this episode sucked. I must be in the minority that actually liked Jessica and wanted to see her actually play the game. With Cole around, she probably wouldn't until he got booted.

Joe wastes his idol for no reason as he got zero votes. Great job.

Glad to see that Desi won the first individual immunity challenge. Since she's in the minority alliance, things don't look good for her, and besides that, the majority alliance wants to get rid of all of the Healers.

SO close to getting smug and arrogant Chrissy out, and yet she remains. Disappointing. I can't wait until they all start to turn on each other.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, North of Eden said:

I thought the same thing. She did it with such grace and ease that now I'm afraid she might have a target on her back.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Eolivet said:

Ninety percent of Survivor winners are in the majority in the first vote at the merge.

So, congratulations to ... Ben, Lauren, Devon, Ashley, Ryan, Chrissy or JP.

I wonder if it will hold true this year, since the vote was so close. I suppose we'll see.

I don't think JP or Ashley will win, they're not getting good edits, I'm guessing a final 3 of Chrissy, Ryan and Ben which is shitty, I hope Devon or Lauren will fight hard in IC and boot them esp. Chrissy and Ryan. 

• Love 7

Chrissy is 'that' girl in high school that the popular girls all like because she's just odd enough looking to be no threat around the boys and is someone to hang with.  She is secretly a snob to anyone not in that group because of it.  Boys tolerate Chrissy because she's always smiling and reminds them of a 'little sister'.  I never cared for the Chrissy's of the popular group.  Fake big smiles irritate me.  I cant wait to see the back of her!  Boy that smile was wiped off when she realized she was racking up the votes!  But there it came right back (and the cockiness) when she realized she had the numbers on her side and could settle back in with the cool crowd.  Please let her be blindsided next week!!

• Love 9

I liked Jessica and I'm sorry she's gone.  If Joe hadn't displayed his idol and brazenly invited the other team to guess what he would do, they would have all voted for him and she would still be there.  AND we would have gotten rid of the Queen of Smug.  Curse you, Joe.  Seriously, does anyone think he would have played the idol for anyone other than himself?  No chance in hell.

I have determined that Ben is a passive aggressive douchenozzle.  Cole was right.  If something bothered Ben, why didn't he just say it?  Cole admitted that he didn't realise what he was doing.  If Ben had pointed it out to him, then maybe Cole changes.  Instead, Ben kvetches about it to everyone except Cole.  Meanwhile, on that tribe with no food, everyone is eating sugar direct from the spoon, and Devin sticks the entire spoon into his mouth and lovingly caresses it with his tongue.  

I cackled when Mike responded to Jeff at the IC and thought he was being witty and then immediately went out.  And when Chrissy looked at Cole going out and then she went out right after.  

As much as I hate to say it, I really hope Joe does some strategery next ep, because I really don't want to see Skinny Ryan, the Queen of Smug, and Jerk Ben rolling over everyone to the end.  I'm rooting for Desi, Mike and Cole.  Everyone else can suck eggs and die.

On a positive note, fun challenge!  But bring back the food challenges!

Even though I don't like many of them, I always love seeing how excited contestants get about food.  Except for Chrissy.  I noticed that all of the women went for the margaritas.  Except for Chrissy of course, who went for the beer.  I agree that she is the woman who hates other women and drinks beer with the boys to show all of the boys that she is just as tough and is one of them.   Or maybe she just likes beer, but at this point I despise her so much, I can find something negative in every thing she does.  Hated that "look at how sexy I am in my blue bikini" pose she gave while languidly lying down and giving her interview.  By the way, Chrissy, that swimsuit is totally not flattering.  The top just didn't look like it fit right.  

Edited by blackwing
  • Love 10

When Mike said he thought he was the only person playing the game, & now that he found out that other people are playing it too, everything is so much harder, I nearly threw a large object at my TV. You thought you were the only person playing the game? REALLY??? Just you?

Cole has become self aware, a little late I think. 

• Love 13

Ha! Romance is dead! Bye bye Jessica, although Chrissy can go anytime, her face was a picture when her name was called, loved it!!! 
I know Joe is crazy, and full of himself, I'm just glad he's there. Some of the others, not Ben, Dr Mike or  Desi seem kind of blah imho
When I saw the comp, I said Desi can win that, and she did! Loved the juicy steak commercial. yummy! Lava cake is my absolute fave. I guess nobody fishes for food anymore...! 

By the way, Chrissy, that swimsuit is totally not flattering.  The top just didn't look like it fit right.  

She's lost weight, I'm not a fan of hers, but I think she has a great body

• Love 7