Type keyword(s) to search

Xscape Still Kickin' It - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Yes! So glad a thread was made even though this is just a 4 episode thing. 

I've only watched a handful of Atlanta Housewives episodes, is Kandi this unlike able on there too?

I can't stop staring at Tameka's (the younger sister) butt. It looks like some kind of strapped on cushion, its giant and formed perfectly.

I really love LaTocha, her voice is so beautiful. And I liked her set list. Just kickin it needs to close the show.

Loved seeing R Kelly's ex wife Drea on this as the choreographer.

So what is the lie that Tameka told about Kandi? Was it that she slept with Jermaine Dupri's dad?

• Love 3
5 hours ago, AZ Curls said:

I've only watched a handful of Atlanta Housewives episodes, is Kandi this unlike able on there too?

I can't stop staring at Tameka's (the younger sister) butt. It looks like some kind of strapped on cushion, its giant and formed perfectly.

I really love LaTocha, her voice is so beautiful. And I liked her set list. Just kickin it needs to close the show.

So what is the lie that Tameka told about Kandi? Was it that she slept with Jermaine Dupri's dad?

You don’t like Kandi? She’s actually my favorite. She has a good business mind and a great voice. Isn’t it funny that the other members of the group tease her for being on time to rehearsal?

I wonder if Tameka had plastic surgery. She never had that butt before. I know they’ve all gained weight over the years, but weight gain doesn’t cause just your butt to balloon out like that. 

I thought the sisters said on the Lifetime retrospective that Kandi had a relationship with Jermaine Dupri himself. 

And why, oh why, did Tiny do that to her eyes? I really like her, but it’s hard to look at her without being creeped out by her ice blue eyes. 

Overall, it seems like everyone is desperate for this reunion to happen except Kandi. 

And I agree with you—you can’t do your signature song first. People come late to concerts, even at the Essence Fest. 

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, topanga said:

You don’t like Kandi? She’s actually my favorite. She has a good business mind and a great voice. Isn’t it funny that the other members of the group tease her for being on time to rehearsal?

I wonder if Tameka had plastic surgery. She never had that butt before. I know they’ve all gained weight over the years, but weight gain doesn’t cause just your butt to balloon out like that. 

I thought the sisters said on the Lifetime retrospective that Kandi had a relationship with Jermaine Dupri himself. 

And why, oh why, did Tiny do that to her eyes? I really like her, but it’s hard to look at her without being creeped out by her ice blue eyes. 

Overall, it seems like everyone is desperate for this reunion to happen except Kandi. 

And I agree with you—you can’t do your signature song first. People come late to concerts, even at the Essence Fest. 

You can gain weight in your but. I'm living proof. 

I dislike Kandi. Intensely. She's the worse singer out of everyone, although, I did like that song Fly Above.  

I'm here for the Scott sisters. That's who made Xscape, Xscape. I can't think of anyone who was a fan of Kandi or her voice in real life. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Queena said:

You can gain weight in your but. I'm living proof. 

I dislike Kandi. Intensely. She's the worse singer out of everyone, although, I did like that song Fly Above.  

I'm here for the Scott sisters. That's who made Xscape, Xscape. I can't think of anyone who was a fan of Kandi or her voice in real life. 

Trust me, I know weight gain. But the size of Tameka’s butt is almost cartoonish compared to the rest of her body. 

And I’ve never heard Tiny sing solo, so I can’t compare her voice to the others. But I like Kandi’s range the best. 

• Love 1

Ok, so I'm thinking she's never denied sleeping with Jermaine.  I mean who wouldn't sleep with him, the man is gorgeous.  Hehehe.  I found this story online about the lie about Jermaine's dad and her...

https://bossip.com/735285/kandi-burruss-puts-hateful-xscape-members-on-blast-and-shuts-down-rumors-she-let-jermaine-dupris-dad-smash-her-to-smithereens/

Kandi reminds me a lot of Coko from SWV. So before the SWV reality show aired they were on their first come-back tour which I went to see.  Coko had this stank "I don't wanna be here" face the entire show, meanwhile Taj and Lelee (especially Lelee, she was so happy to be performing) were so hype and fun to watch.  And then when I tuned into the reality show I saw how awful Coko was to deal with (I didn't watch more than a few episodes so I don't know if she changed her attitude).  So Kandi reminds me of Coko and Tiny reminds me of Lelee.  I feel all these years Tiny was stuck having to just be TI's wife and she lost her identity and wants so bad to be a singer again.

• Love 2
On 11/9/2017 at 1:19 AM, topanga said:

Isn’t it funny that the other members of the group tease her for being on time to rehearsal?

This made me chuckle.  Of course the one who really doesn't need this reunion to happen is the one who is there on time and ready to go.

On 11/9/2017 at 1:19 AM, topanga said:

Because they are.  The sisters haven't been doing shit.  And, as @AZ Curls points out, Tiny needs a way to be separate from TI and the drama that is their very public marriage.  Tiny will be fine financially if the reunion doesn't happen;  the other 2, not so much.  They need this.  

On 11/9/2017 at 1:43 AM, Queena said:

21 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Tell that to Kandi.

Kandi may not be the best singer in the group, but I'm pretty sure that she's the writing force behind most of her songs, particularly the hits that everyone knows as "Xscape."

I was at Essence Festival this year and a caught some of their set.  It was great!  I'm a little upset that their tour isn't coming through Seattle....

• Love 5
3 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

This made me chuckle.  Of course the one who really doesn't need this reunion to happen is the one who is there on time and ready to go.

Because they are.  The sisters haven't been doing shit.  And, as @AZ Curls points out, Tiny needs a way to be separate from TI and the drama that is their very public marriage.  Tiny will be fine financially if the reunion doesn't happen;  the other 2, not so much.  They need this.  

Kandi may not be the best singer in the group, but I'm pretty sure that she's the writing force behind most of her songs, particularly the hits that everyone knows as "Xscape."

I was at Essence Festival this year and a caught some of their set.  It was great!  I'm a little upset that their tour isn't coming through Seattle....

The best selling song was a remake. 

On 11/9/2017 at 8:57 AM, topanga said:

Trust me, I know weight gain. But the size of Tameka’s butt is almost cartoonish compared to the rest of her body. 

And I’ve never heard Tiny sing solo, so I can’t compare her voice to the others. But I like Kandi’s range the best. 

She admitted on Wendy Williams that she had surgery. 

Tiny’s voice is good too. I think they all sing well and pretty much are all needed to pull this off. 

• Love 1

As usual Kandi tries to run everything.  She wants to be the leader of the group, but she doesn't have a lead singer voice.  I can't stand her voice to be honest.  And why is she crying all the damned time?  If someone doesn't agree with her she cries.  In other words, if someone isn't kissing her ass she cries.  Of course her yes man Don Juan has to crawl up her ass on this show too.  The sight of him makes me feel all stabby.  Ugh!  And Tiny was acting like she was just 2 seconds away from telling Kandi to kiss her weird funny looking ass.  And she made reference to Kandi being rich.  Isn't Tiny rich also?  I know Tiny helped write No Scrubs, but did Kandi write the songs for Destiny's Child alone without Tiny? 

• Love 6

I think Kandi is more like her mother than she wants to admit. She cries to manipulate people to being on her side. Tiny caved when she was crying but I think she sees through Kandi's bullshit. And someone needs to tell Kandi that she can't sing.

I prefer Tiny out of all of them. She seems sweet and down to earth but she has horrible taste in men. I hope one day she'll really leave TI because he is terrible.

• Love 4
On 11/8/2017 at 9:31 PM, AZ Curls said:

On the show, Kandi demanded a public apology to be broadcast on the radio, since the accusations were public. Tameka apologized for lying when she said "Kandi slept with everyone; that's what Kandi does."

Poor Kandi seems eternally the target of "friends" who delight in telling lies about her. I can understand her reluctance to work with this person. Apparently, she did not really want a reunion and said she wouldn't do anything or consider getting back together unless she received that apology, and said if it happened, then she would think about where to go from there.

Kandi is actually my favorite housewife. She tells it like it is, doesn't stir up trouble, and is straight with everyone. On last season, a couple of cast members initiated a slew of slanderous lies about her, so she is understandably reluctant to be working with yet another malicious liar.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, renatae said:

On the show, Kandi demanded a public apology to be broadcast on the radio, since the accusations were public. Tameka apologized for lying when she said "Kandi slept with everyone; that's what Kandi does."

Poor Kandi seems eternally the target of "friends" who delight in telling lies about her. I can understand her reluctance to work with this person. Apparently, she did not really want a reunion and said she wouldn't do anything or consider getting back together unless she received that apology, and said if it happened, then she would think about where to go from there.

Kandi is actually my favorite housewife. She tells it like it is, doesn't stir up trouble, and is straight with everyone. On last season, a couple of cast members initiated a slew of slanderous lies about her, so she is understandably reluctant to be working with yet another malicious liar.

Tameka actually said (it's the first time I've ever heard her explain/justify it) that because of Kandi's impression that Toscha sabotaged the success of Xscape's last album in favor of her solo deal with the record company, and because she (Kandi) stated those impressions publicly, Tameka not only invented the lies she told on Kandi but used them as a deflection tactic to get people to stop viewing Toscha as responsible for breaking the group up.    Despite this, it's still really hard for some to see through their dislike for Kandi as to why she's reluctant.   In last night's episode, Toscha was asking Kandi what her problem was and it's not until Tiny who was a witness to and recalls the same conversation Kandi referenced the record label having with them that Toscha considers it.    Tameka won't ever say shit, because that's her sister but from a business perspective, I'm actually blown that they don't get why Kandi's cagey.  Because you muffucahs were shady 20 years ago and you haven't changed at all.     Even after confirmation, it doesn't make them say, ok look, I see why you don't know whether or not your can trust us yet.  History.   It's that even after being forced to acknowledge the facts of the situation they're still all {{shrug}} ok whatever, get over it.     Present day, Tameka is in her TH talking about Kandi what the hell, you knew we had to be trademarked, what is the big damn deal?    The big damn  deal is we broke up over miscommunication and shadiness.    And in 2017 you couldn't even tell me you were putting my name down on some incorporation paperwork.    The tears aren't pity partyish, she cries because she's terrible at articulating her frustration without it becoming emotional.  Usually I blank stare at that but when you're talking to people who insist on pretending not to understand what the fuck you're saying when it's not only clear, but it's clear they're in the wrong?   It makes me angry for her.  

The Unsung special on Xscape said one of the things that made them so popular and unique was that all 4 of them were lead singers, they'd each done a stint of lead vocals on different songs.   The Scott sisters may have legitimately had the stronger voices.  If so though it's funny how that hasn't meant much without Kandi because it's not as though they didn't try the group after her.  

Tameka may be a Georgia peach but that ass is entirely Dominican.  It's insane.   Looks like she's smuggling immigrants across the border.   Tiny's too.

• Love 17

Tameka's butt does not look good.  A good natural big butt is R.Kelly's ex-wife (the choreographer).  A fake weird surgery big butt is Tameka's.  She looks like a cartoon character.  Why would anyone have surgery to look like that?  I can only wonder what it's going to look like when she is an old lady. 

Kandi is the reason there is now this interest in Xscape.  If it wasnt for Kandi...no one would be checking for Xscape.  This show is so damn messy and I'm here for it.

• Love 12

It's sad. Kandi is holding grudges about a solo album that never happened and the Scott sisters are not willing to acknowledge their parts in the drama.  If Tocha would just admit that "Yeah, my desire to go solo broke the group up. I thought I was hot shit. The album never happened and I need you to get this coin. I'm sorry.", then Kandi could probably let it go.

Tamika's ass is outrageous. Her daughters are so pretty! 

I'm almost used to Tiny's eyes.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

matta fact, everything I said above - Dineva said it way better.   Including where he got Kandi together, I agree with ev-a-r-ee word.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9DEfyMxlAE&t=917s

Yes, that was a great analysis. He laid out everyone’s issues and didn’t give anyone a free pass. 

And Tiny is the diplomatic peacemaker. I wonder if that’s always been her role in the group. 

Pet Peeve: Kandi, you have been a successful businesswoman for years. Why are you still saying, “We was doing this”, “We was doing that”?

I never knew about Kandi’s brother. Sad story. 

And I can’t wait to hear from Jermaine next week. I was always indifferent towards him until he started doing “The Rap Game.” Now I find him very savvy and insightful. 

Xscape has always been the weakest girl group of that era to me; they were tired then and they seem tired now. Honestly before she joined the Real Housewives, I didn't realize she was a member of the group. I heard of Xscape and I knew that one song but I couldn't name one member and I would not have known any of them if they all rang my doorbell. All these years I thought the girl who had a baby for Lil Wayne was a member of the group. For any other group of that era I can name at minimum one person if not all. "X"ceptions include:

Color Me Bad

All For One

Xscape

• Love 1

Bottom line:

Scott Sisters are still shady. They were shady in the 90s and they are shady in 2017.

Scott Sisters need Kandi to have a successful reunion.  Kandi doesn't need them.

Kandi is holding grudges and needs to let it go.  Either you're in or you're out.  Pick one and keep it moving.

Tiny is just here so she won't be fined.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Bottom line:

Scott Sisters are still shady. They were shady in the 90s and they are shady in 2017.

Scott Sisters need Kandi to have a successful reunion.  Kandi doesn't need them.

Kandi is holding grudges and needs to let it go.  Either you're in or you're out.  Pick one and keep it moving.

Tiny is just here so she won't be fined.

Tiny has been trying for years to get Xscape back together. She's still friends with the Scott Sisters. T.I. wouldn't let her make music. This is her outlet. 

Kandi sucks. Not a fan, never have been a fan. I've never heard of the Scott Sisters being shady, but Kandi, on the other hand, is known for being shady. YMMV

Kandi can't make music on her own successful either. None of them can. However, Kandi can write music so I guess that stands for something. 

On 11/13/2017 at 1:49 PM, vmcd88 said:

Tameka's butt does not look good.  A good natural big butt is R.Kelly's ex-wife (the choreographer).  A fake weird surgery big butt is Tameka's.  She looks like a cartoon character.  Why would anyone have surgery to look like that?  I can only wonder what it's going to look like when she is an old lady. 

Kandi is the reason there is now this interest in Xscape.  If it wasnt for Kandi...no one would be checking for Xscape.  This show is so damn messy and I'm here for it.

I'm not sure about this. I would go see them easily without Kandi. 

I have been watching this show and find it interesting to watch people who have been on reality shows be on a show with folks who really knew them from way back.  Even seeing Mama Joyce just being around folks and not acting a fool was a nice change of pace.  I like their music and would go see them live. I don't think any of them have done much as recording artists outside of this group so they all need each other. The difference is that Kandi has other successful ventures so she is okay if her own music isn't popping.  

As for the shade, it seems that there is a bit of "Kandi is the baby" when they communicate.  Rocky was actually telling Tocha what she needed to hear but I am not totally sure if she was listening.  

I know they have hashed things out enough to tour but, as a child of the '90s, I am still enjoying this show.  

• Love 2

I usually don't mind Kandi, but she was wrong and shady as hell for trying to low-key take Tamika's outfit. 

It sounds like they all picked an outfit and a backup for the performance and Kandi wasn't happy with what she picked when she saw what the others picked.  That's on her.  If she wanted something more sparkly then she should have picked something more like that.  Everything isn't always someone else's fault.  I'm tired of her always complaining and crying about something or other.  I was glad she wasn't crying this week, but then she tries to pull that shit.  The outfit may have fit her better, but isn't that why they were trying them on, to see what adjustments needed to be made?  Kandi not being happy with her outfit wasn't Tamika's fault.  And everyone knows Kandi would have been crying as usual if someone dared to do that to her.  Tamika handled it pretty well by offering to just give it to her if she couldn't fit into it.  Tocha also handled it well by just staying out of it.

• Love 4
On 11/16/2017 at 10:47 PM, Queena said:

I've never heard of the Scott Sisters being shady

lol, girl they're shady here.   It took Tamika 20 years (in a TH on this special) to admit why she lied on Kandi in the first place.   On last week's awkward WWHL interview, when Andy asked how things are going now, we find out Kandi's not with them anymore.  I said yeah sounds about right.  She just got a look at all this shit-they-won't-say-to-my-face footage.     

3 hours ago, announcergirl said:

That outfit looked better on Kandi. The other group member looked like a blinked out Oompa Loompa. I woke up mean.

I thought so too, but as Brownie mentioned that can't be the point, it was Tamka's pick.   She seemed perfectly happy to wear that leopard bling hooker get up she had on until she saw that Kandi was interested which made me say ok girl.  You right and justified, after all that's your backup outfit.......that you weren't beat about until you saw that Kandi looked better in it.   She still petty af.   She turned that zipper into a damn hot wheel track lol.   Lawd when Mona told her to do a squat?  I was like shiiiid, even if that thing holds, I do not wanna see Tameka Scott drop down and get her eagle on.  

The performance was just aiiight to me.   Maybe Tiny's mind was on other things because her voice was warbled.   Toscha in the van talking bout this was our first show and we killed it!     Don't get me wrong, I loved Xscape then and now, but it was a 6 minute vocal medley and a 4 person do si do, calm down.    I am gonna need to go looking for that pink tube top jumpsuit Tiny was wearing to and from the awards though.

I knew who he was and that he's supposed to be super talented, but hearing Jermaine Dupree talk makes me sideye the hell out of Janet Jackson. 

• Love 10

Janet has always had questionable tastes in men.

The gray sparkly outfit looked like a skeleton costume.  It was not good, for either Kandi or Tamika.

Yes, the Scott sisters are shady but I think Tocha is/was shady on a professional level with Kandi and Tamika was/is shady with Kandi on a personal level.  And naturally they're going to have each other's backs because they're sisters.  And that shadiness is why Kandi really doesn't want much to do with them today.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Hero said:

Was Xscape super popular? I only really know one of their songs. 

If they were super popular they wouldn't be doing a reality show today. They had a specific style in that first video and chased that record to repeat the success until they broke up. It has been almost 25 years  their catalog, along with all their contemporaries, are often boiled down to one song. Unless a playlist is dedicaded to a specific year as with a high school reunion.

Maybe it's an age thing, like maybe some people on here are too young to have been into Xscape.  I am 40 so I was in high school/college when they were huge. 

I haven't been able to see the second half of this new episode, my OnDemand keeps freezing at the meeting part with JD.  Can someone help me out, in the meeting did JD say he made the whole unauthorized movie thing up just to get them upset about it and reunite?  Or did I hear that wrong?

Also regarding Tameka singing "to fill this empty face" instead of "to fill this empty space" was so cute.  For the longest I sung the lyrics wrong to Just Kickin In.  Where it goes "every man needs a woman who can cook him up a good meal" I thought the next line was "a woman who can cook macaroni" not "a woman he can treat like his homie".

The Xscape/Monica/Tamar concert tour didn't come to my state, but is the tour still going on or is it over?  I'd like to know if Kandi did any shows with them or if it was just the 3 girls on the tour.

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, Raja said:

If they were super popular they wouldn't be doing a reality show today. They had a specific style in that first video and chased that record to repeat the success until they broke up. It has been almost 25 years  their catalog, along with all their contemporaries, are often boiled down to one song. Unless a playlist is dedicaded to a specific year as with a high school reunion.

They aren't doing a reality show per se, this is a 4 (5?) episode stint but I think it's actually the opposite.  They wouldn't generate any interest, show, concert, otherwise if they hadn't been super popular.  This may be one of those things for the culture, so in context: if you liked, listened to or bought R&B in the late 90s, or were between 19-29 years old in 1997, Xscape was huge.   Not one hit wonder huge, huge.  Again, intercultural so think contextually of other kids of the same time period - notorious b.i.g., puffy, tlc, missy elliott, swv, jodeci.    Crossover success isn't the only definition of popularity.   The catalog that helped make Jermaine Dupri a rich man is still in rotation on urban radio today.     Shooot, speaking of Janet Jackson, she just sold out Newark NJ and can't sing worth a damn.

36 minutes ago, AZ Curls said:

Maybe it's an age thing, like maybe some people on here are too young to have been into Xscape.  I am 40 so I was in high school/college when they were huge. 

I haven't been able to see the second half of this new episode, my OnDemand keeps freezing at the meeting part with JD.  Can someone help me out, in the meeting did JD say he made the whole unauthorized movie thing up just to get them upset about it and reunite?  Or did I hear that wrong?

Also regarding Tameka singing "to fill this empty face" instead of "to fill this empty space" was so cute.  For the longest I sung the lyrics wrong to Just Kickin In.  Where it goes "every man needs a woman who can cook him up a good meal" I thought the next line was "a woman who can cook macaroni" not "a woman he can treat like his homie".

The Xscape/Monica/Tamar concert tour didn't come to my state, but is the tour still going on or is it over?  I'd like to know if Kandi did any shows with them or if it was just the 3 girls on the tour.

It's playing in my city/state.    I don't mean this to be petty Raja, but to punctuate the above point, so many people showed up to see them in New Orleans that they had to call the fire department.  The Superdome hosts all the musicians who perform at Essence Fest, but the superlounge upstairs where they were performing is dedicated to one singer or group at a time.    I'm interested to know too if all 4 of them do the show.  I couldn't tell whether they're already separated or if Kandi was saying I'll finish the tour because I committed to it but after that IDFWU.    Technically. don't they still own the name without her? 

• Love 4

I’m 37 so I was 17 in 1997 and I love Xscape!!! They were extremely popular and I was very excited that they were together and touring again. I went to their second Detroit show and they sounded great and I really enjoyed the concert. Hopefully they get through this tour because lots of fans want to see them.

Edited by BSB
Forgot a word
  • Love 3

It's very obvious that Kandi doesn't want to do this, so I wonder why she is. 

I think Tocha and her sister have the best voices. Kandi's voice isn't bad, but it's a little shrill sometimes and cuts through the nice harmony they have going on.

• Love 1

For those asking, the tour begins Wednesday, November 22nd in Richmond, VA.  From what I can tell on social media, Kandi is there and plans to be a part of this tour.  From what I can tell from the clips I saw of their WWHL appearance, it seems Kandi will do the tour but not new music.

As for this latest episode: I generally liked their performance on the BET Awards but I think the sound was messed up and that is what made them sound weird.  I can't stand those bodysuits so I have no comment on whether the bedazzled grey looked better on Kandi or Tamika. However, Kandi tried it, like Tamika wasn't going to notice/care that her second outfit was being tried on by Kandi.  And yes, Tocha was smart to stay out of that one.

Also, no comment on what Zonnique calls music and, if I do see the tour, I am not sure how I feel about her contribution to the show.

The talk with JD was necessary and it was good that Kandi, even through the emotion, was able to make JD understand what was wrong with an unauthorized biopic.  

In closing, for some reason, I think the show will probably go on to show the remaining 3 ladies working on new music and being Xscape, with 3 members.  If Boyz II Men can go all of these years with 3 members, then, with some retooling, I think Xscape can make it work.

Edited by AyeshaTheGreat
  • Love 1

Put me on the team that says that the group can not go on without Kandi. If they could have, they WOULD HAVE a long time ago. While Kandi might not be THE VOICE of Xscape, her voice is a main ingredient of what makes up the  "Xscape Sound". It's no coincidence that Kandi sings lead on all three lead singles from all three albums. Just Kickin, Feel So Good, My Little Secret.

• Love 11
On 11/22/2017 at 1:35 PM, Liquid6 said:

Put me on the team that says that the group can not go on without Kandi. If they could have, they WOULD HAVE a long time ago. While Kandi might not be THE VOICE of Xscape, her voice is a main ingredient of what makes up the  "Xscape Sound". It's no coincidence that Kandi sings lead on all three lead singles from all three albums. Just Kickin, Feel So Good, My Little Secret.

Opinions might vary on the quality of Kandi’s voice, but she has always been the face of Xscape, and I would argue, its unofficial leader. And her low alto/tenor range is one of the reasons I enjoyed ‘Just Kickin’ It’ and the harmonies of ‘Who Can I Run To?’  (Although I do give Tocha props for having the strongest singing voice of the four).

Jermaine made a few good points, but I think he was wrong overall. He tried to make it seems like he was willing to turn over the music rights for an unofficial Xscape movie in order to give them a “kick in the pants” to get back together. That’s BS. I believe the renewed interest in Xscape came after their Unsung special. But I’m glad the agreed that Jermaine wouldn’t give the music rights to the unauthorized movie and would instead wait for the members of Xscape to be involved. He’s got to know that with the success of the New Edition movie and other projects like that, people want to watch movies about their ‘80s and ‘90s music heroes. And the projects are much better when the artists are involved.

Did anyone else hear Tiny mention that Kandi and Jermaine were “messing around” ? She said it casually and went on to another point, so I don’t think she was lying for dramatic effect—Tiny isn’t like that.

It’s sad that TI wasn’t there to watch Tiny or their daughter perform. I’ve never watched ‘TI and Tiny,’ but I really like Tiny’s children. They seem like a happy, loving family.

Tamika is hilarious, but she did look like a stripper or a sex worker in that first outfit. And it had to be scripted that Kandi would try on that lacy outfit, and Tamika would have a fit about it. Kandi wouldn’t do that on her own.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, topanga said:

Did anyone else hear Tiny mention that Kandi and Jermaine were “messing around” ? She said it casually and went on to another point, so I don’t think she was lying for dramatic effect—Tiny isn’t like that.

It’s sad that TI wasn’t there to watch Tiny or their daughter perform. I’ve never watched ‘TI and Tiny,’ but I really like Tiny’s children. They seem like a happy, loving family.

Tamika is hilarious, but she did look like a stripper or a sex worker in that first outfit. And it had to be scripted that Kandi would try on that lacy outfit, and Tamika would have a fit about it. Kandi wouldn’t do that on her own.  

Kandi has admitted to hooking up with Jermaine.  I think that she's mentioned it so much that she is just tired of it being brought up like it is new information.

On 11/22/2017 at 1:35 PM, Liquid6 said:

Like many others, I like the group as its original foursome as well; however, Kandi does not want to make new music with the group at this time and I think it is fine with the other ladies going on as a threesome.  Since no one has kicked Kandi out, the other 3 are just striking while the iron is hot.  Back in the '00s, the '90s groups weren't hitting like that but now that we are over 20 years, us 30-40 somethings are feenin' the groups of our youth. 112, Dru Hill, Jagged Edge, SWV, Boyz II Men and others have released new music and some have toured with a non-original lineup. If it doesn't work for Xscape, okay but I can't fault the 3 for giving this a shot.  I especially love seeing Tiny singing again.

• Love 3

I've seen it mentioned on here and other places that they only had one hit, as if that's the general consensus or agreement, but I was listening to the radio a lot in the late 90s and I remember several of their songs in fairly heavy rotation--Who Can I Run To, Understanding, The Arms of the One Who Loves You, and a couple of others in addition to Just Kickin' It.

• Love 1
On 11/22/2017 at 1:18 AM, AyeshaTheGreat said:

In closing, for some reason, I think the show will probably go on to show the remaining 3 ladies working on new music and being Xscape, with 3 members.  If Boyz II Men can go all of these years with 3 members, then, with some retooling, I think Xscape can make it work.

The 4th guy in Boyz II Men wasn't essential to the group and basically just walked around with a cane and talked/sang with a deep voice.

Kandi's voice is an essential ingredient to the group because she provides those bottom/low notes they need for the harmonizing.

Kandi's never denied sleeping with Jermaine.  I think her problem is that Tamika claimed Kandi slept with Jermaine, his daddy and all of So So Def and her sleeping around is what broke the group up.  One of the contributing factors that broke the group up was LaTocha & her solo deal that didn't work out and boyfriend (now husband) who was (mis)managing the group.  Tamika's pregnancy with O'Shun could have derailed the group.

Xscape didn't have "one song."  If they did nobody would remember them today.

Their tour just started last week so it could be coming to a city near you soon.  Kandi has her own tour bus with her face plastered on it, Tiny has her own tour bus with her & her daughter's faces plastered on it, and some people were wondering what bus did the Scott sisters have.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, sATL said:

What is the back story of why TI is/was against Tiny singing? 

I think he wanted her to be a traditional stay-at-home mom and not be out on the road. With her at home, he could also compel his other kids mothers to let those kids spend more time with him (the Tiny and TI reality show featured his oldest son and daughter, who actually both live with their mothers in ATL and not with TI and Tiny). Finally, if she is busy cooking, cleaning, doing homework and chauffeuring around a basketball team worth of kids, she has less time to be all up in his business regarding who he's hanging with in the studio, while he's on tour, and when he's off filming movies

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

I think he wanted her to be a traditional stay-at-home mom and not be out on the road. With her at home, he could also compel his other kids mothers to let those kids spend more time with him (the Tiny and TI reality show featured his oldest son and daughter, who actually both live with their mothers in ATL and not with TI and Tiny). Finally, if she is busy cooking, cleaning, doing homework and chauffeuring around a basketball team worth of kids, she has less time to be all up in his business regarding who he's hanging with in the studio, while he's on tour, and when he's off filming movies

thanks for the backstory. somehow I just don't see Tiny as the Martha Stewart-Happy-Homemaker type. She already had a small taste of the coins of what her singing could accomplish.

11 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

Plus he's a dick.

• Love 7
21 hours ago, sATL said:

the superLounge? what/where exactly is that ....a room in the superDome? It felt and sounded like they were in a club...

There are 4 SuperLounges at the Essence Festival.  They are large areas in the 4 corners of the SuperDome, and it's where they put everyone who isn't a headliner - either up and coming artists, artists making a comeback, or artists who are established but don't necessarily have a SuperDome-sized audience.  Usually there's not more than 60-100 people in the Lounges (they're out of the way and Essence is pretty awful at scheduling so they often have many of the SuperLounge folks on at the same time as some really big names on the mainstage).  For Xscape the room was packed!  We couldn't get in because the set we were watching from our seats overlapped.  The only good thing they did was that they live streamed the Xscape performance to the mainstage during the intermission (and me and my friends were like, "why the hell haven't they thought about doing this before????") and that's the only reason we were able to see some of their show.  

• Love 7