Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Jaded

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Recommended Posts

On 2/7/2020 at 4:05 PM, deirdra said:

You'd think Nana would call MeAgain after her shows to tell her that she could attract more people to her opinions with class rather than screeching.

  Meghan on the view once described her Grandmother as having strong opinions and something like Granny wasn't afraid to share them, a take no prisoners attitude.  

We don't necessarily know if Grandma McCain thinks Meghan's nasty attitude is a bad thing. Meghan being a spoiled entitled princess didn't happen once she joined the View. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Like 9
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

When did she explicitly say she wasn't voting for Trump?

In yesterday's rant she said "I'm not voting for Trump and I'm sure as hell not going to vote for Bloomberg!"

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

In yesterday's rant she said "I'm not voting for Trump and I'm sure as hell not going to vote for Bloomberg!"

With all the cross talk it's hard to hear.  And also Meghan has zero credibility with me.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

EXPLICITLY! = “none of your business, Joy!”

Everyone on both sides of the media class - stop using my deceased father for political points and cheap shots. It is painful. It is traumatizing. And it is perverted. Let us all grieve and try and move on in peace!


Oh, for God’s sake. Is she serious?

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Yesterday was definitely a weird day, because some of Meghan's harshest critics ended up saying she was right.

 

Do you think Meghan will continue going this route if it means she gets better press than before?

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Yesterday was definitely a weird day, because some of Meghan's harshest critics ended up saying she was right.

 

Do you think Meghan will continue going this route if it means she gets better press than before?

Even a broken clock is right twice a day, and she was bitchy as ever yesterday.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

37 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Even a broken clock is right twice a day, and she was bitchy as ever yesterday.

Yes. Even though what she said was true she was still nasty about it.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

someone is riled up tonight!

 

 

Then could she please stop using her father for relevancy?  Earn your own rep and quit riding his coattails.  

  • Like 23
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Meghan herself exploits her family's pain and grief, and yes, it is perverted.  It is her family, and it is her grief, but being so public about it, a year and a half later, is bizarre.  I can't think of any comparable situation involving someone well-known.  

She seems more angry at members of the public for mentioning her father than she is at the person who made the original remark.  If she just stayed off of Twitter she would be able to avoid most of these kinds of comments.  But it's easier for her to be angry with someone,  than it is for her to face and go through the grieving process, and she uses her grief as a shield that she throws in people's faces, but it's the grief she feels that she's really angry at.

(And of course she had to get a "both sides" in there.)

 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

McCain is true to form, a master at projection. Maybe she should go start "The Meghan McCain Show" since she can't handle other views with respect. But, oh no, nobody would want to give her a solo show? Gee, that's too bad.

  • Like 15
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/19/2020 at 8:53 PM, Natalie68 said:

Then could she please stop using her father for relevancy?  Earn your own rep and quit riding his coattails.  

YES !  YES ! YES ! "Using her father for relevancy"

I'll have what Natalie68 is having. 

Brilliant post.

1 minute ago, Bossa Nova said:

YES !  YES ! YES ! "Using her father for relevancy"

I'll have what Natalie68 is having. 

Brilliant post.

 

On 2/20/2020 at 2:27 AM, lusinia said:

Meghan herself exploits her family's pain and grief, and yes, it is perverted.  It is her family, and it is her grief, but being so public about it, a year and a half later, is bizarre.  I can't think of any comparable situation involving someone well-known.  

She seems more angry at members of the public for mentioning her father than she is at the person who made the original remark.  If she just stayed off of Twitter she would be able to avoid most of these kinds of comments.  But it's easier for her to be angry with someone,  than it is for her to face and go through the grieving process, and she uses her grief as a shield that she throws in people's faces, but it's the grief she feels that she's really angry at.

(And of course she had to get a "both sides" in there.)

 

This too  ! Brilliant. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, seltzer3 said:

image.png.6e76cb2853701f1e01b9c3edd2edddc1.png

Meghan is taking the Nevada results rather well.

She is so ignorant it is not even funny. I find it very interesting how our European allies are perplexed over this irrational fear that Megan and her peeps are having...I don't want to say more because it could be off-topic..

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, seltzer3 said:

image.png.6e76cb2853701f1e01b9c3edd2edddc1.png

Meghan is taking the Nevada results rather well.

Why is she so afraid of Bernie Sanders? She acts like he is the Attilla the Hun.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

On 2/19/2020 at 11:27 PM, lusinia said:

Meghan herself exploits her family's pain and grief, and yes, it is perverted.  It is her family, and it is her grief, but being so public about it, a year and a half later, is bizarre.  I can't think of any comparable situation involving someone well-known.  

She seems more angry at members of the public for mentioning her father than she is at the person who made the original remark.  If she just stayed off of Twitter she would be able to avoid most of these kinds of comments.  But it's easier for her to be angry with someone,  than it is for her to face and go through the grieving process, and she uses her grief as a shield that she throws in people's faces, but it's the grief she feels that she's really angry at.

(And of course she had to get a "both sides" in there.)

 

I generally agree with your comments about her going on twitter since I think she generally does not engage healthfully with it, but as someone who has lost both a brother and a father, the grieving process for me lasted longer than a year. Although everyone is different, I met many people who had also lost a family member and the process was much longer than a year for them. I even knew some who said they never really felt "normal" again until after 5 years.

There are numerous reasons to critique her, but how she expresses grief is not one of them I think. 

  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, jungki said:

I generally agree with your comments about her going on twitter since I think she generally does not engage healthfully with it, but as someone who has lost both a brother and a father, the grieving process for me lasted longer than a year. Although everyone is different, I met many people who had also lost a family member and the process was much longer than a year for them. I even knew some who said they never really felt "normal" again until after 5 years.

There are numerous reasons to critique her, but how she expresses grief is not one of them I think. 

That’s pretty much how I feel about this issue. I wish Meghan were more kind and respectful like everyone else does. However If she’s still struggling with her father’s death, I don’t blame her. I haven’t gone through it yet, but losing a parent has to be so painful. Meghan was also such a daddy’s girl. That doesn’t mean I think her loss is worse because her dad was an icon or agree with her that this subject is taboo, though perhaps grief after a year is to some? All I know is my heart goes out to anyone mourning. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I wasn't criticizing Meghan for not being "done" with grieving.  It's the public, vitriolic nature of it, and the fact that she accuses people who make any mention of her father, for any reason but extreme praise, of "exploiting her family's pain and grief". 

In the above tweet she asks everyone in the media to "stop using my deceased father for political points and cheap shots.  It is painful.  It is traumatizing.  And it is perverted." 

The fact is, her father is a public figure.  The president has said what he's said about him.  It will be brought up from time to time.  I've no doubt that it's painful for her.  But thinking that the media should quit mentioning her father in connection with Trump is unrealistic.  In a way, it's similar to her wanting Abby to stop talking about her children.  (I still think if she wasn't on twitter she could avoid most of this.  The MSM rarely mentions her father in the context that she objects to.)    

Edited by lusinia
  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, lusinia said:

I wasn't criticizing Meghan for not being "done" with grieving.  It's the public, vitriolic nature of it, and the fact that she accuses people who make any mention of her father, for any reason but extreme praise, of "exploiting her family's pain and grief". 

In the above tweet she asks everyone in the media to "stop using my deceased father for political points and cheap shots.  It is painful.  It is traumatizing.  And it is perverted." 

The fact is, her father is a public figure.  The president has said what he's said about him.  It will be brought up from time to time.  I've no doubt that it's painful for her.  But thinking that the media should quit mentioning her father in connection with Trump is unrealistic.  In a way it's similar to her wanting Abby to stop talking about her children.  (I still think if she wasn't on twitter she could avoid most of this.  The MSM rarely mentions her father in the context that she objects to.)    

I just reread all the posts above and should have been more clear in my post as what I quoted was in response to what you said. I didn’t mean to come across as though I had an issue with what you said regarding Meghan and what she thinks regarding people “exploiting” her father’s death. I completely get where you’re coming from. You’re also one of my favorite posters here! Meghan gets worked up really easily, and a lot of the time it’s like she’s looking for something to offend her. I have seen posts that critique Meghan for still dealing with her father’s death period, and that is what I personally don’t agree with. I don’t think everyone needs to be done grieving after about a year, or that just because losing a parent is kind inevitable that you should just get over it. What you said specifically, I actually agree with. I wish Meghan showed more gratitude toward all the people who make a point to be respectful and praise her dad, especially when they completely disagreed with his politics. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

RealHousewife, thank you for your kind words.  You're one of my favorites here, too.  I was actually already in the middle of writing my earlier post today when you posted. 

I just wanted to clarify, since my initial post a week ago could be construed as me saying Meghan shouldn't be acting this way "a year and a half later", that I didn't mean grieving.  I should have left that part out. 

I guess I was being critical, however of the way she lashes out at others.  This wouldn't be considered acceptable long-term behavior from anyone else who's grieving.  She's still stuck at the anger stage of grief, and in her above tweet she says people/the media need to "let us all grieve and try and move on in peace".  No one is stopping her from grieving and moving on.  She's said she's in therapy; that's exactly what it's for!     

   

 

 

           

Edited by lusinia
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, lusinia said:

RealHousewife, thank you for your kind words.  You're one of my favorites here, too.  I was actually already in the middle of writing my earlier post today when you posted. 

I just wanted to clarify, since my initial post a week ago could be construed as me saying Meghan shouldn't be acting this way "a year and a half later", that it's not what I meant.  I should have left that part out. 

I guess I was being critical, however of the way she lashes out at others.  This wouldn't be considered acceptable long-term behavior from anyone else who's grieving.  She's still stuck at the anger stage of grief, and in her above tweet she says people/the media need to "let us all grieve and try and move on in peace".  No one is stopping her from grieving and moving on.  She's said she's in therapy; that's exactly what it's for!     

   

 

 

           

Aw no problem, and thank you. 😊

No worries!

Yes, that’s what drives me crazy too. I hope her therapist is a good one...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Realhousewife: I'll bet you a fancy cocktail that she doesn't go to any kind of shrink. She is lying. She knows better than anyone about her grief. Ha. Loved your post, thank you. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Here's my .02 for whatever it's worth. Her Twatness can take as long as she needs to grieve.

What I find OBNOXIOUS, not to mention NARCISSISTIC, is her attitude and behavior and words that she's THE ONLY ONE who's ever lost a parent, let alone one to terminal cancer. Or that she's THE ONLY ONE who's ever had a miscarriage. When she talks about how it's "taboo" to discuss these subjects, she's a LYING LIAR WHO LIES. Because what she means is she wants to talk about HER grief...HER loss. It's all about, as Jan Brady would say: "[Mehgan!Meghan!Meghan!]"

So, no sympathy for her from me. Because she's a nasty and vile piece of shit.

So I'll just happily sit here at my table for one and imbibe 🥃

  • Like 23

Share this post


Link to post

I am enjoying this conversation from afar.  I don't begrudge at all her grief.  I've had plenty and it takes as long as it takes.  What I don't like is her ugliness and assumption that she has the market on grief.  Her grief is worse, her father was best, her loss is worst, etc.  It probably feels like that to her.  She must have a need to remind us all the time who her father was and that it is blank days since he died, etc.  Other public figures don't react the same way.  Such as Uncle Joe. Is that a right or wrong?  No.  Different.  But, expect the pushback when one is one-upping everyone else's particular situation.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Here's my .02 for whatever it's worth. Her Twatness can take as long as she needs to grieve.

What I find OBNOXIOUS, not to mention NARCISSISTIC, is her attitude and behavior and words that she's THE ONLY ONE who's ever lost a parent, let alone one to terminal cancer. Or that she's THE ONLY ONE who's ever had a miscarriage. When she talks about how it's "taboo" to discuss these subjects, she's a LYING LIAR WHO LIES. Because what she means is she wants to talk about HER grief...HER loss. It's all about, as Jan Brady would say: "[Mehgan!Meghan!Meghan!]"

So, no sympathy for her from me. Because she's a nasty and vile piece of shit.

So I'll just happily sit here at my table for one and imbibe 🥃

make room...…..i'm joining you

 

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Here's my .02 for whatever it's worth. Her Twatness can take as long as she needs to grieve.

What I find OBNOXIOUS, not to mention NARCISSISTIC, is her attitude and behavior and words that she's THE ONLY ONE who's ever lost a parent, let alone one to terminal cancer. Or that she's THE ONLY ONE who's ever had a miscarriage. When she talks about how it's "taboo" to discuss these subjects, she's a LYING LIAR WHO LIES. Because what she means is she wants to talk about HER grief...HER loss. It's all about, as Jan Brady would say: "[Mehgan!Meghan!Meghan!]"

So, no sympathy for her from me. Because she's a nasty and vile piece of shit.

So I'll just happily sit here at my table for one and imbibe 🥃

 

1 hour ago, cinsays said:

make room...…..i'm joining you

 

Scoot over.  Let's order a pitcher of margaritas. 

I do believe Meghan's grief is real.  However i do think she is using that grief as an opportunity to keep herself relevant.  She has coasted her whole life on her last name. She is still doing that.

  • Like 23

Share this post


Link to post

Just now, blondiec0332 said:

 

Scoot over.  Let's order a pitcher of margaritas. 

I do believe Meghan's grief is real.  However i do think she is using that grief as an opportunity to keep herself relevant.  She has coasted her whole life on her last name. She is still doing that.

Yes, she can grieve all she wants for as long as she wants.  It is her need to publicize her every thought about it and act like she is the only one who has ever felt such loss that is infuriating.  

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

Realhousewife: I'll bet you a fancy cocktail that she doesn't go to any kind of shrink. She is lying. She knows better than anyone about her grief. Ha. Loved your post, thank you. 

😉I think most of us are somewhat on the same page. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I've lost both of my parents - but was older than MM.

I know it takes time to grief and the amount of time rests with the person.

But counting the days, and putting up photos and constantly talking about it to your friends and co-workers is too much.

Talk privately with your family and select best friends, or with a place of worship or therapist.

To put her dad on a pedastal and not acknowledge flaws is taking advantage of her enormous and more than one person has ever before experienced is unseemly.

And IMO it ruins the flow of hot topics. Even guests.

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 13
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, bannana said:

MeAgain:  "narrative dissimulation"  Huh? 😕

MeAgain is very, very worried about the Coronavirus, so much so that she snarled at the few people who applauded something Sunny said, saying that they were applauding the virus and when it happens, it will be bad and will happen to everyone so it should not be applauded.  WTF?

lol this reminds me of the time they were discussing John Kelly and the audience claps at something one of the other ladies said. Meghun chastised the audience for clapping because John Kelly served and has a dead son or something like that. She is so ridiculous.

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

Like most of us, all I can do is go by my personal experience. I worked on the hospice side of a home care/hospice agency for 10 years and the care we provided didn't end with the patient's death. Depending on need and preference, visits were scheduled or impromptu for up to a year. We continued to stop by when we were in the neighborhood or in the building.

The only behavior I can compare as being even somewhat similar to MM's is that of parents who lost children. Losing a child is unnatural and it's not unusual to see parents just about go into another dimension for awhile. And even then, what they said and how they acted didn't come across as I, I, I or me, me, me. 

Obviously they were haunted by thoughts of "My pain, my loss" but I never saw or heard about a nearly constant campaign of demanding that attention be paid to their grief and respect being demanded because of their role as mourner. I never saw or heard about a family counting the days or weeks. If they were doing that privately they sure weren't posting it publicly! Holidays or birthdays without someone were mentioned or noted, yes, but I never realized that the days were being tabulated on a calendar. 

I can't think of one person who carried on the way she does when they lost an elderly family member who was suffering because of cancer (or any illness or injury) and the ensuing necessary treatments, or the fact that treatment was impossible. People were sad about their loss and some showed it longer than others but not one person talked or acted the way she does.

After awhile a learned behavior tends to become an ingrained behavior. IMO it's self-centered, self-serving and very unhealthy and the longer it goes on the more I become convinced that it's insincere. It's getting creepy, like practically Munchausen grief. 

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, suomi said:

After awhile a learned behavior tends to become an ingrained behavior. IMO it's self-centered, self-serving and very unhealthy and the longer it goes on the more I become convinced that it's insincere. It's getting creepy, like practically Munchausen grief. 

I think you are so correct.  We cannot compare our individual situations, but I lost my father when I was younger than MeAgain.  My husband lost his father when he was a tween.  I have friends who lost their fathers when they were in their teens or twenties. No one carried on like she is doing.  And it is odd that she says grief is taboo.  Has she met any Italians or other Europeans?  Some cultures grieve for decades.  The widow wears black forever.

Grief is not taboo.  Grief is personal.  Everyone has their own way of dealing with it.  MeAgain's way is to make it all about her.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post

7 hours ago, suomi said:

After awhile a learned behavior tends to become an ingrained behavior. IMO it's self-centered, self-serving and very unhealthy and the longer it goes on the more I become convinced that it's insincere. It's getting creepy, like practically Munchausen grief. 

 

7 hours ago, bannana said:

MeAgain's way is to make it all about her.

I've said before Meghan defined herself as John McCain's daughter. That was what her whole life was about.  And now that he is gone she is defining herself by his death.  Other children of famous politicians have lives separate from their parents but Meghan is either unable or unwilling to do that.  Out of all her siblings she is the only seeking the spotlight.  Even her mother is choosing to have a private life.  Meghan needs therapy to not only deal with her grief but also deal with the fact she doesn't have her own identity.

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, falltime said:

lol this reminds me of the time they were discussing John Kelly and the audience claps at something one of the other ladies said. Meghun chastised the audience for clapping because John Kelly served and has a dead son or something like that. She is so ridiculous.

I remember that. Incredibly ridiculous indeed. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, bannana said:

I think you are so correct.  We cannot compare our individual situations, but I lost my father when I was younger than MeAgain.  My husband lost his father when he was a tween.  I have friends who lost their fathers when they were in their teens or twenties. No one carried on like she is doing.  And it is odd that she says grief is taboo.  Has she met any Italians or other Europeans?  Some cultures grieve for decades.  The widow wears black forever.

Grief is not taboo.  Grief is personal.  Everyone has their own way of dealing with it.  MeAgain's way is to make it all about her.

I wonder if what Meghan really means is that grief is taboo in her family. The McCain’s are a generational military family, where traditionally, there is often a culture of stoicism with loss.  Cry privately in your bedroom, put on a smile for the rest of the world, keep your grief to yourself, and move on. 
 

Her siblings, mother, and even grandmother may be more in line with this culture, and the one person who always encouraged Meghan’s drama is now gone and she’s reeling.  Maybe her family shuts her down on this topic. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, AryasMum said:

I wonder if what Meghan really means is that grief is taboo in her family.

Nope. She never mentioned it being taboo in her family, but in SOCIETEEEEEEEEEEE.

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, jkspeaks said:

 

Tara also responded:

 

 

Edited by jungki
  • Like 9
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post

I am pretty sure Tara Setmeyer was reacting to a tweet by MeAgain's hubby that trashed her and the conference she was speaking at.

MeAgain said "jack shit" and I have to say, that is old-timey lingo.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

I guess that crosses Tara off the list of replacements for Abby.  Dammit.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post

I saw a sign on Facebook that said,  paraphrasing.... Thou shalt not let an irrelevant bitch get your anger up and stress you out.....

Perfect for why I can't watch the View , or just MM,  anymore. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

The likelihood that McCain hasn't done "jack shit" to Tara is nil. Who hasn't she been a little shit to?

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

And again Sunday morning . . .

Don't worry, Meghan. The internet remembers . . .

 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

She is so toxic, she pushed away Abby from the show, she allegedly got Sherri banned from ever coming back on the show, she tried getting a makeup artist fired. Now we know for sure Tara Setmayer isn't going to Abbys replacement, I'm surprised Sara is coming on the show this week considering the fact that Meghan was mean to her. I don't understand how anyone can be friends with her. 

Edited by jkspeaks
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size