Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

Am I the only one who is kind of curious to see what MM has to say about Lt. Col. Vindman and his twin brother being fired?

Also, as someone who lives on the west coast, the show was pre-empted during the last two weeks and I have not missed it at all. It was honestly the best way to force myself to stop watching.

I admit that I was somewhat curious about what dumb thing MM said or did each day. I was worried that I might have missed a second “Girl, please stop talking!” moment. However, when I caught the Pete Buttigieg interview and was instantly reminded of how terrible MM is, I deleted the show from my DVR. She is beyond ridiculous and delusional.

• Love 12

As I recall, when Vindman testified Meg had nothing good to say about him, despite her frequent reminders of how much she values the military.  Tribalism > her respect for his military service.  Don't expect anything different on Mon.

• Love 13
9 hours ago, maggiemae said:

It is odd MM never mentions the service her perceived bad guys gave to their country......like Buttigieg and Vintman.

And yet she doesn't have a problem with Limbaugh being awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom. That right there tells you who Meghan really is.

• Love 19
On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 9:08 PM, maggiemae said:

Gee - I thought I would see her on the after show as an ABC political analysis (or commentator or whatever) tonight. But - not.

I think her continued employment is merely honorary because of her last name. ABC has to know by now that she has nothing of value to add and they keep her confined to The View. Sunny and Ana would be more appropriate for things like this.

• Love 8

Does MeAgain actually attract more & reliable viewers who watch ads and buy stuff from advertisers? All her drama is posted elsewhere so there is no reason to actually watch the View.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, CynicalGirl said:

Since when is she invited to any red carpet events?

There are other black tie events besides red carpet ones.  Maybe she attends formal weddings or political fundraisers?

Maybe she's just hoping to start a friendship with someone who's in the entertainment industry.  Hey everyone! Meghan has a new close friend!  She's publicly corresponded with Nina, so now they're besties!

Someone should tell Nina that.  I hear she's a democrat.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Even when MM is in a good mood, she cannot resist interrupting her cohosts in the middle of what they are saying.  It was a frustrating waste of time hearing MM's retort to half of every point Joy was trying to make.

• Love 17

Well, I personally have written 4 emails, posted countless posts on Face Book and Twitter about Mags and obviously ABC doesn't give a shit what their viewers think. I have even sat down and wrote a LETTER....yep. An old school, put it in an envelope letter but those assholes don't seem to think that we, their AUDIENCE, the people who keep their lights on, they think that our opinions don't matter. They'd rather lose viewers than admit they made a colossal error in judgement by hiring that tubby, bleached hurricane. Was it Babba Wawa who did this? Who the hell is responsible for this nightmare? I'd love to hear them at the pitch meeting:

"We don't have a Conservative on the panel. We need a Conservative! How about John McCain's daughter? He's a war hero that people loved and respected. Let's hire her! Hey..what can possibly go wrong?" And as they say...the rest is.......

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, Sam Spayaid said:

Was it Babba Wawa who did this? Who the hell is responsible for this nightmare?

Whoopi helped Bitchface get the job.  As a favour to her father.  John McCain encouraged Meghan to take it and told her "Whoopi will take care of you." 

Ha.  Funny now, isn't it?  Oh, the irony.

• Love 9

Hmmmm...that's sure a weird pairing!

What with the way this show goes through hosts - revolving door much? - I guess they figured anyone would do. 

Little did they know....

Seriously, I lay the ALL the blame solely at the feet of ABC. Once they saw how horrid she was and when they started reading all the negative comments and complaints, they should have got rid of her. 

Whoopi? You smoking too much, girl. Look what you did, tsk tsk. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Sam Spayaid said:

Well, I personally have written 4 emails, posted countless posts on Face Book and Twitter about Mags and obviously ABC doesn't give a shit what their viewers think. I have even sat down and wrote a LETTER....yep. An old school, put it in an envelope letter but those assholes don't seem to think that we, their AUDIENCE, the people who keep their lights on, they think that our opinions don't matter. They'd rather lose viewers than admit they made a colossal error in judgement by hiring that tubby, bleached hurricane. Was it Babba Wawa who did this? Who the hell is responsible for this nightmare? I'd love to hear them at the pitch meeting:

"We don't have a Conservative on the panel. We need a Conservative! How about John McCain's daughter? He's a war hero that people loved and respected. Let's hire her! Hey..what can possibly go wrong?" And as they say...the rest is.......

I think ABC loves all the controversy, including letters and emails, etc.  It means they are creating a show that people are watching and that makes people mad/sad, etc. and those people keep talking about it, all good.  the only way Meghan will be out is if she decides, or sponsors bail, IMHO.

• Love 10
28 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I think ABC loves all the controversy, including letters and emails, etc.  It means they are creating a show that people are watching and that makes people mad/sad, etc. and those people keep talking about it, all good.  the only way Meghan will be out is if she decides, or sponsors bail, IMHO.

Today Biden said it's all about the clicks and he is right unfortunately.  Long gone are the days of needing to put on a quality show to keep viewers.  The View makes money from View Your Deal. If they lose viewers because of Meghan they don't care.  

• Love 10
41 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

This isn't the 1st time I have stopped watching but this is the 1st time I haven't missed it.  The impeachment jazz got me out of the habit.  I do have my evenings back which is nice.  

Meghan should stop being so repellent because she may have a better shot at getting her message across.  Right now all she is getting across is she is childish, knows very little about many things, rude to hosts/guests/viewers and was born with and never lost that silver spoon.

ABC will have to make changes before I come back.  I may catch it on a day off but not DVRing any longer.

• Love 11
On 2/12/2020 at 8:01 AM, jkspeaks said:

She can dish it out, but can't take it. She is so pathetic. 

What's funny about this is how earlier this week Marianne Williamson responded to one of Meghan's tweets about Bernie, by saying that he better than Trump...and Meghan Ok Boomer her.

So it's okay to be rude to others, but if you say anything to her then you're a horrible human being. 

I don't care about Meghan, but seeing her spats on Twitter just make me feel bad for her. She's attempting to build this image of herself that has no foundation, so she attacks anyone who disagrees with her. It sounds tiring to live like this. 

Edited by MeThinkMeNot
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

What's funny about this is how earlier this week Marianne Williamson responded to one of Meghan's tweets about Bernie, by saying that he better than Trump...and Meghan Ok Boomer her.

So it's okay to be rude to others, but if you say anything to her then you're a horrible human being. 

I don't care about Meghan, but seeing her spats on Twitter just make me feel bad for her. She's attempting to build this image of herself that has no foundation, so she attacks anyone who disagrees with her. It sounds tiring to live like this. 

I don't feel bad for her at all since she brings it on herself. The fact that she dismissed Maryanne says alot, I never felt sorry  for her when a certain person was trashing her dad and continues to do so..

• Love 11
4 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I remember how much we all complained about Hasselblech ... to no avail!!!  She finally quit when her husband got a mini-job in Nashville.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I remember how much we all complained about Hasselblech ... to no avail!!!  She finally quit when her husband got a mini-job in Nashville.

Elisabeth didn't quit. There were focus groups done and they thought the show had become too political so EH and Joy were fired. Barbara had Roger Ailes get EH a job at Fox. She didn't move to Nashville till she lost the Fox job.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
10 hours ago, maggiemae said:

MM may hate age discrimination - and there she goes telling a woman "OK Boomer."

It especially looks bad when the older woman is bashing Trump, who has bashed Meghan's dad numerous times. I know Meghan says that she'll never vote for Trump but responses like this makes me feel like she wishes she could.

• Love 11
34 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

It especially looks bad when the older woman is bashing Trump, who has bashed Meghan's dad numerous times. I know Meghan says that she'll never vote for Trump but responses like this makes me feel like she wishes she could.

Who says she won't?  When the Brett Kavanaugh confirmation was going on she said for her and her tribe it was all about overturning Roe v Wade. Meaning they didn't care what a shitty person someone was as long as they got their agenda pushed through.  Lately Meghan hasn't been condemning anything happening with this administration.  

• Love 16
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Elisabeth didn't quit. There were focus groups done and they thought the show had become too political so EH and Joy were fired. Barbara had Roger Ailes get EH a job at Fox. She didn't move to Nashville till she lost the Fox job.

Thanks Blondie, I forgot that part ... much appreciated.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, maggiemae said:

MM may hate age discrimination - and there she goes telling a woman "OK Boomer."

Right. She has said this over and over, probably due to all the concerns when her father was running.

I have mixed thoughts on age discrimination. If someone is older and appears very much capable, no problem. There is something to the “older and wiser.” But not everyone has the longevity of 100. Most people don’t live much longer than some of the candidates running. That’s a reality that a lot of people don’t want to admit. 

• Love 12

From the show last Sept when Marianne Williamson didn’t make the debate stage:

I miss Marianne,” McCain said, referring to motivational speaker and long-shot Democratic candidate Marianne Williamson, who missed the cut for Thursday’s debate. “I missed my red witch priestess, crystals, wind chimes.”

Ok, Millennial. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
On 2/13/2020 at 2:06 PM, Sam Spayaid said:

Well, I personally have written 4 emails, posted countless posts on Face Book and Twitter about Mags and obviously ABC doesn't give a shit what their viewers think. I have even sat down and wrote a LETTER....yep. An old school, put it in an envelope letter but those assholes don't seem to think that we, their AUDIENCE, the people who keep their lights on, they think that our opinions don't matter. They'd rather lose viewers than admit they made a colossal error in judgement by hiring that tubby, bleached hurricane. 

ABC is a business so of course it cares about its audience. It cares about the fact that Meghan McCain generates viewers, tweets, IGs and general buzz. ABC doesn't care whether it's because people hate her. They're still paying attention.

How much are people quoting or rewatching or retweeting Joy or Sunny or even Ana? Look at this forum. Meghan's thread is almost 5X the length of anyone else's. And if you took out all of the Meghan comments in the weekly thread, they'd be about half or a third as long. People like to watch a trainwreck. There's a reason why rubbernecking is a thing.

16 hours ago, talktoomuch said:

ABC is a business so of course it cares about its audience.

Nothing you said in your post indicates ABC cares about their audience. Most of the posters here were here before McCain; if anything, many old posters have stopped posting than new ones have come aboard. Having a person who's horrible at their job just means there's a crap-load to complain about. Negativity always = more posts than a good show will because it's easier to criticize than to list all the ways something might be good. That goes for anything, not just The View or even TV for that matter.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, talktoomuch said:

ABC is a business so of course it cares about its audience.

ABC does not care about it's audience. It cares about it's advertisers.  If viewers start a boycott and advertisers takes notice then ABC cares about it's audience.  

There have been reports that some ABC bigwig thinks Meghan is great and the best thing to happen to the View.  The days of the View being a quality talk show is long gone.

6 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Most of the posters here were here before McCain; if anything, many old posters have stopped posting than new ones have come aboard.

Even when I stopped watching the View (when Joy was gone) I still posted here.  I like this board a whole lot more than I like the show.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

@TheGreenKnight and @blondiec0332 I thought it was obvious that by "cares about its audience" I meant "cares about viewership" (in order to gain advertisers), rather than any actual feelings towards the viewers ourselves. That's why I led with "ABC is a business..." For profit businesses tend to care about profit.

I'm neither new to the show nor to this forum long before Primetimer existed. And to be truthful some posters stopped posting not because of Meghan but because of other posters' visceral reactions to everything she does or says. I was only pointing out the rather obvious fact that even hate-watching equals viewers and/or clicks. And what media business wouldn't care about that?

• Love 4

I wasn't agreeing or disagreeing with what you said, just pointing out that whatever ABC might consider their business interest isn't the same as caring about their audience. I was acknowledging that nothing you said disputes any part of @Sam Spayaid's post about how ABC treats its viewing audience because you're talking about something else entirely.

• Love 1

Folks, this is the Meghan Thread, not the Meghan's Husband thread. Ben's wholly-View-unrelated Twitter feed, especially Political posts on that Twitter feed, is out of bounds. Please stick to Meghan herself.

• Love 1

She is bizarrely delusional.  She proudly states she is a bad-ass bitch, and constantly references her father.  Then when someone else references her father she is the aggrieved victim.  

She is the one who has put herself in the media spotlight.  And not just by being on TV, but by everything she says that is controversial and confrontational.  And then she expects to be somehow protected?

If she wants to grieve privately and in peace, then she should stop talking about her father and stop being an absolute bitch to everyone else.

• Love 20
4 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

someone is riled up tonight!

When did she explicitly say she wasn't voting for Trump?

Seeing is believing Meghan and when you continue to support and make excuses for Trump you can't be surprised if people think you will vote for him.

• Love 11