Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, jungki said:

She's not even trying to hide it anymore...I mean, she could at least not publicly like mean subtweets about her own coworkers. 

image.thumb.png.02b03538c6d4aadef7bab9808383a57e.png

image.thumb.png.4e787bcc25ec96a59a45da24a77aca8e.png

Say what you will about Abby, she at least had the basic decency not to air out her grievances with her coworkers on social media.

When someone liked a mean tweet about her, she tried to get them fired. This girl is the definition of pathetic.

And speaking of conservative women’s treatment on this show…. Abby and Ana haven’t been treated disrespectfully by anyone other than McCain. And we all know Jedidiah was fired so McCain could take her seat. Then there are McCain's regular jabs at Nicolle Wallace (who she never even sat at the table with) and Paula Faris (who she called--along with Sara Haines--"trashy"). Aside from Paula being hated by Whoopi, those two were never even treated as badly by the show when they were employed there as McCain treats them now.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 20
On 1/10/2020 at 5:26 PM, falltime said:

By lone wolf she probably means...

wet american GIF

All your life.

I know I'm late, but I've seen this movie so many times, I can almost recite the entire script.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, jungki said:

She's not even trying to hide it anymore...I mean, she could at least not publicly like mean subtweets about her own coworkers. 

image.thumb.png.02b03538c6d4aadef7bab9808383a57e.png

image.thumb.png.4e787bcc25ec96a59a45da24a77aca8e.png

Say what you will about Abby, she at least had the basic decency not to air out her grievances with her coworkers on social media.

Does Ben Shapiro even watch The View? 

• LOL 6
3 hours ago, lusinia said:

Maybe they should choose a new host who has even more young children than Abby does!

Or have every temp host be visibly pregnant.  Re her subtweeting, I would think this would not make the higher ups very happy.  Maybe she is trying to get fired to perpetuate the lie that conservative hosts are treated badly.  

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Or have every temp host be visibly pregnant.  Re her subtweeting, I would think this would not make the higher ups very happy.  Maybe she is trying to get fired to perpetuate the lie that conservative hosts are treated badly.  

She will say that regardless. If she quits, she will say the ladies drove her away. Look at how Jedediah would not badmouth the ladies after she was fired. She actually praised the ladies on her other show.  

• Love 13
6 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

When someone liked a mean tweet about her, she tried to get them fired. This girl is the definition of pathetic.

And speaking of conservative women’s treatment on this show…. Abby and Ana haven’t been treated disrespectfully by anyone other than McCain. And we all know Jedidiah was fired so McCain could take her seat. Then there are McCain's regular jabs at Nicolle Wallace (who she never even sat at the table with) and Paula Faris (who she called--along with Sara Haines--"trashy"). Aside from Paula being hated by Whoopi, those two were never even treated as badly by the show when they were employed there as McCain treats them now.

When did this happen? For someone who hates snowflakes, she seems so easily triggered.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

She will say that regardless. If she quits, she will say the ladies drove her away. Look at how Jedediah would not badmouth the ladies after she was fired. She actually praised the ladies on her other show.  

Even Elisabeth, who was not happy about being fired (she said elsewhere that when they asked her to come back a couple of years ago, it helped her release her bitterness even though she turned it down), never said these kinds of things about the show or ABC. But I think Elisabeth could at least recognize all that Barbara and Geddie did for her considering she was nothing more than a reality TV contestant, whereas I doubt McCain knows what gratitude is. That's why ABC shouldn't really be afraid of her, because she'd say these things no matter how nice they are to her. It's her M.O.

2 hours ago, jungki said:

When did this happen? For someone who hates snowflakes, she seems so easily triggered.

Spread out over three years. I think the comments about Sara and Paula were when the show was talking about sex one day and of course McCain made the topic all about how it was so uncomfortable for her, and that listening to those two talk about it in the past always seemed so classless and trashy... From the woman who idolizes a Real Housewife. McCain doesn't have a tenth of the class they do.

• Love 12
52 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Even Elisabeth, who was not happy about being fired (she said elsewhere that when they asked her to come back a couple of years ago, it helped her release her bitterness even though she turned it down), never said these kinds of things about the show or ABC. But I think Elisabeth could at least recognize all that Barbara and Geddie did for her considering she was nothing more than a reality TV contestant, whereas I doubt McCain knows what gratitude is. That's why ABC shouldn't really be afraid of her, because she'd say these things no matter how nice they are to her. It's her M.O.

Spread out over three years. I think the comments about Sara and Paula were when the show was talking about sex one day and of course McCain made the topic all about how it was so uncomfortable for her, and that listening to those two talk about it in the past always seemed so classless and trashy... From the woman who idolizes a Real Housewife. McCain doesn't have a tenth of the class they do.

Thank you for the explanation! I actually meant when did Meghan try to get someone fired for liking a tweet.

Who would hate on Sara, she's the sweetest person ever!

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, jungki said:

Thank you for the explanation! I actually meant when did Meghan try to get someone fired for liking a tweet.

Who would hate on Sara, she's the sweetest person ever!

She tried to get Sunny fired from the show for liking a tweet that condemned her deplorable behavior.  It was a very benign criticism but she took it to heart.  She also accused Sunny of leaking to the press about her behavior on and off the show.   For months last year, Sunny refused to even speak to her on the show. Even when they walked out, she would walk several feet behind her.. I assumed the producers told her to cut it out. She eventually softened up but I have no doubt Sunny is done with her. 

She hated on Sara for some bizarre behavior.  She would freeze Sarah out and would not speak to Sara offset.  That really affected Sara who admitted that she was going through a bit of postpartum depression and was hypersensitive. I think she got upset once when Sara told her that she grew up in the rust belt so she had an even better understanding on why they voted the way that they did.  Megan seems to believe that she is the expert on middle America and she was fit to be tied after that.. I also think that Megan looks down on her for her working class roots..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

For months last year, Sunny refused to even speak to her on the show. Even when they walked out, she would walk several feet behind her.. I assumed the producers told her to cut it out. She eventually softened up but I have no doubt Sunny is done with her. 

Sunny also sat with her chair turned 45 degrees away from Me-gun, engaging with the others and the guests, leaving MM to look at her ear or the back of her head for months.  It was great!

Sarah had relatives who voted for Trump, people who actually spoke to her about their reasons.  Her comments were more relevant than MM's theories about how and why middle America thinks and votes as they do. And of course Sarah did not roll her eyes or disparage them for having different views.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

She hated on Sara for some bizarre behavior.  She would freeze Sarah out and would not speak to Sara offset.  That really affected Sara who admitted that she was going through a bit of postpartum depression and was hypersensitive. I think she got upset once when Sara told her that she grew up in the rust belt so she had an even better understanding on why they voted the way that they did.  Megan seems to believe that she is the expert on middle America and she was fit to be tied after that.. I also think that Megan looks down on her for her working class roots..

But like...Meghan grew up in Arizona with millionaire parents, so Sara is right? Like no true midwesterner would be EVER be as rude as Meghan. 

• Love 10

Now she is throwing a bitch fit on Twitter because NY Times wrote an ACCURATE opinion piece on her toxic behavior on the show and she has her moron friends like Ben Shapiro and even Megyn Kelly defending her. Lol you can't make this up. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 16

Funny how Meghan thought the NYT had it exactly right when they declared The View to be the most important political show on tv, but now they are hacks. If Meghan hadn't tweeted this, I would likely not have even seen it. She is her own worst enemy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 20
18 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Sara is probably one of the most sweet and subdued hosts they’ve ever had. Wasn’t Paula even a virgin until she got married in her mid20’s? How the heck is Paula trashy to a proud Howard Stern fan? Meghan goes back and forth being the cool, conservative millennial who’s liberal with all things provocative and sexual and being a pearl clutching, judgmental church lady. Who’s the real Meghan McCain? 

• Love 14
26 minutes ago, jkspeaks said:

Now she got Joe from Morning Joe defending her. Do these morons not watch the show? I cannot believe she gets away with her ridiculous behavior! 

I'm sure they don't watch the show (maybe she's well-behaved when Mika and Joe are on).  They're assuming she's a reasonable human being (as most people who have similar jobs are) and are giving her the benefit of the doubt just because of who she is.   

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, lusinia said:

I'm sure they don't watch the show (maybe she's well-behaved when Mika and Joe are on).  They're assuming she's a reasonable human being (as most people who have similar jobs are) and are giving her the benefit of the doubt just because of who she is.   

The twitterverse is giving Morning Joe an education and the general theme is that it has nothing to do with conservative women and everything to do with MeAgain's rude and obnoxious and childish behaviour.  He probably doesn't read the replies, but you know MeAgain does.

This just  plays so perfectly into her narrative of the "Lone Wolf" 🤮. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

It is interesting that Abby has not sent the usual tweet of support to MeAgain.  She normally would.  She's avoiding the topic altogether. Also interesting that MeAgain says that Abby is leading her father's campaign but his tweet indicates that she is a senior advisor.  So she didn't leave the View to lead the campaign.  

The whole thing is so murky, that it really appears as though the BTS stuff about MeAgain driving her away is most likely the real reason.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, bannana said:

It is interesting that Abby has not sent the usual tweet of support to MeAgain.  She normally would.  She's avoiding the topic altogether. Also interesting that MeAgain says that Abby is leading her father's campaign but his tweet indicates that she is a senior advisor.  So she didn't leave the View to lead the campaign.  

The whole thing is so murky, that it really appears as though the BTS stuff about MeAgain driving her away is most likely the real reason.

Yes, there was an article that McCain called the reports of her being responsible for a toxic work environment "sexist" (from the woman who called her co-hosts proponents of infanticide), and then the next paragraph notably said they contacted Abby for a response for their article and she declined to comment. Says it all.

• Love 11
47 minutes ago, bannana said:

MeAgain says that Abby is leading her father's campaign but his tweet indicates that she is a senior advisor.

If Meghan had ever been a senior advisor for any of her father's campaigns, she wouldn't have hesitated to claim that she was leading his campaign.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

The very best part of the article is found in the last paragraph!

”In the earliest episodes of “The View,” Ms. Walters would sign off with a line that remains a part of the brand to this day: “Have a great day, everyone, and take a little time to enjoy the view.” At the time, the show set the standard for a new era of women’s variety programming, one that embraced public debate, but still operated with the veneer of civility. Post-2016, we are presented with a platform that is devoid of the varnish of the genteel, yet is still asking us to take a little time to enjoy the view. The problem is, with Ms. McCain still on the show, there’s not much to enjoy.”

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
53 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

She wants to go home to Arizona to be around the kind of people she's "representing" on the show.  Representing?  Really?  Who elected her their representative?  Those people might want a recount.  They deserve better.  

And then there's yet another instance of claiming, in a statement she released earlier this week, that she "finds it hard to believe CNN would be covering a story about men this way". 

Actually, if two famous male co-workers had a falling out because one asked the other to stop talking about their children, and then that second man decided to quit his high profile media job because the higher-ups were ignoring the fact that the other man was perpetuating a toxic work environment, CNN would cover it.

If Meghan really thought about what she's always saying, according to her, if she weren't a woman or a conservative, she wouldn't get any press at all.   

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 10

So I looked it up on IMDB, where they keep statistics on peoples' appearances on talk shows, and even if they missed a few (which they may not have), further proof that Meghan can't count -  she was a guest 3 times and a guest host 6 whole times - 

Laverne Cox/Meghan McCain/ (2014) ... Herself

- Guest Co-Hostess Meghan McCain/Tony Goldwyn/Diane Kruger (2014) ... Herself - Guest Co-Hostess

- Episode #17.6 (2013) ... Herself - Guest Co-Hostess

- Episode dated 13 June 2012 (2012) ... Herself - Guest Co-Hostess

- Episode dated 10 September 2010 (2010) ... Herself

- Episode #13.3 (2009) ... Herself - Guest Co-Hostess

- Episode #13.2 (2009) ... Herself - Guest Co-Hostess

- Episode dated 23 April 2009 (2009) ... Herself - Guest Co-Hostess

- Episode dated 9 September 2008 (2008) ... Herself

And man, her father "absolutely insisted" she take the job, so she had no choice - at 32 years old?  I understand that he, as she said, wanted her to get out of the bubble of Fox News and she wanted to make him happy because he was ill, but she kind of missed the point of what he was trying to encourage; she just ended up bringing the bubble along with her, and hasn't stepped out of it at all. 

Added - This just occurred to me.  I wonder if Meghan took her father telling her to "get out of the bubble" as him telling her she shouldn't be wasting her talents just preaching to the choir at Fox News, and that she needed to expand her "influence" by having a bigger, more diverse audience, instead of that it was important for her to be exposed to more diverse points of view? 

Thinking what she has to say should be heard by more people is definitely something Meghan would believe, and we all know there are so many phrases that she doesn't know the meaning of.   

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 7
26 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Interesting retweet by Meghan:

3A7E722B-794F-4DC8-9CB1-0F39732445DB.jpeg

What is she trying to say with that tweet?   I think she will leave before the year is over. I don't think she can handle the political debates as the primary is in full swing..

• Love 6

the only exercise that cow gets, is trying to get her fat bum into that chair every day, Oh  and maybe picking up a shot glass full of wild turkey.  Me, I love shaking my martini shaker....it's great for my beautiful toned 70 year old arms! Fuck you Meeeegan.

• LOL 12
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Don't waste your time being offended?  Really, Meghan-thy-name-is-Snowflake?! 

She so lacks any self-awareness.

She is a martyr, a victim a brave righteous heroine fighting off the mean intolerant liberals who seek to silence her conservative views. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

Another dead on article about her 

“She’s bad at effectively articulating the perspectives she does have. When they fall flat, she tries her hardest to present a compelling narrative about her own victimization. That never works either. McCain is always desperate to play the victim, but her martyrdom as a conservative white woman is exhausting. Why should we feel sorry for her? Sure, she doesn’t support Trump, which somewhat sets her aside from the rest of her party, but that’s not enough anymore. When she has a chance to speak out about the administration, she rarely takes it. McCain’s shtick is part self-martyring and part self-pitying. Her seeming lack of self-awareness, her refusal to listen to anything other than her own anxiety-filled voice as she yells at everyone to stop talking and just listen to her. She just makes it so hard to feel sorry for Meghan McCain. 
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtml/scaachikoul/meghan-mccain-the-view-whoopi-goldberg-meghan-mccain-crying

• Love 17
5 hours ago, WonderWuman73 said:

“She’s bad at effectively articulating the perspectives she does have. When they fall flat, she tries her hardest to present a compelling narrative about her own victimization. That never works either. McCain is always desperate to play the victim, but her martyrdom as a conservative white woman is exhausting. Why should we feel sorry for her? Sure, she doesn’t support Trump, which somewhat sets her aside from the rest of her party, but that’s not enough anymore. When she has a chance to speak out about the administration, she rarely takes it. McCain’s shtick is part self-martyring and part self-pitying. Her seeming lack of self-awareness, her refusal to listen to anything other than her own anxiety-filled voice as she yells at everyone to stop talking and just listen to her. She just makes it so hard to feel sorry for Meghan McCain. 
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtml/scaachikoul/meghan-mccain-the-view-whoopi-goldberg-meghan-mccain-crying

White woman weeping willow routine. Perfect description.

• Love 9

I wish the article had emphasized that it has nothing to do with her "Republican" views, but with her unprofessional behaviour and constant interruptions.  Missy always complains that they don't let her talk, but if you counted the time per episode that each person talks (and over-talks), she'd come out ahead on most episodes.  In that episode where Whoopi told her to stop talking, she had been yelling over the others half of the time.  And she didn't remain silent for the rest of the show as she said she would.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 9
On 1/26/2020 at 1:34 AM, WonderWuman73 said:

This is a dissertation-level article.  Thanks for posting it.

Other than getting wrong by four years the Rosie - Elizabeth fight, it's right on the money.

If Meghan didn't like the NYT column, this one, well....

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 6