Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, OnTime said:

The funeral was planned well in advance.  Trump was not on the list. I assume anyone related to him (distant or close) was not on the list either.

I don't believe Ivanka/ Jared were a last minute add. They would have been banned when the list was made.

It would have been disrespectful to John McCain's long service to the country to not have anyone represent the white house.  His wife or eldest son or John himself probably chose the least offensive (at the time) representatives.  Meghan has been an emotional wreck for over a year, so I doubt anyone would have put her in charge of funeral arrangements.

• Love 6

Who is on topic in this thread? Meghan McCain.

Who is NOT on topic in this thread? Everyone else—particularly anyone political she follows on Twitter and especially things her parents have done or said. 

Also, your personal politics are, as always, never on topic. 

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

90F35380-8F61-4E60-8B55-FEB4A4C6D3F4.jpeg

F0844084-26D5-4EE6-B6AC-A6F4C60DB4DA.jpeg

meghanmccain

I love you Nana Roberta - I am so happy to celebrate with you today at your 107th birthday party, you are truly incredible and we are so grateful for you. ♥️🍾🇺🇸

She had an identical twin sister who died 11 years ago... She is a strong woman to have had endured so much. The longer you live, the more people you lose..

• Love 9
On 2/9/2019 at 7:08 AM, Badbea99 said:

I found it interesting she said "My Executive Producer, Brian, is backstage and I was like we need a band on The View".  I was surprised that 'her' EP would accompany her to an appearance on another show.  It's not like she was there to promote The View.  She spoke mainly about herself (so what else is new) and how 'she' was affected by Jarvanka appearing at the funeral.  

It is so obvious that ABC is really elevating her status and she knows it.  Her ego continues to expand as does her waistline.  That pantsuit did her no favors.  I caught her hiking up her pants too.  What a class act.

I doubt that this is ABC as much as its probably the work of a PR firm that she hired following the attention she received from the eulogy. She's selling herself, not the show. To me, she knows there's a possibility that she will be replaced when her contract is done and this is her way of rehabbing her image and lobbying for a new gig. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 2/11/2019 at 4:52 PM, Jewlmc said:

Ok....I can't stand Meghan, but what does her weight have to do with it? 

I think it's because she dresses so poorly for her weight even with all the money she has, and just seems so smug, like she thinks she's better than everyone else.  YMMV

Btw, I wear a size 22/24 (not happy about it, but it's the truth) and Meghan is no-way no-how a size 10/12.

She has to be close to my size. That's what irks me..the lies.

@atlantaloves said it before me, but I didn't see it.😁

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 12

With all those scowls she is going to have some nasty wrinkles. They do say as you get older  you get the face you deserve.  Couldn't happen to a more deserving person.

With all those scowls she is going to have some nasty wrinkles. They do say as you get older  you get the face you deserve.  Couldn't happen to a more deserving person.

• Love 10

Just doing a drive-by.  Don't know if these have been posted.

http://www.rawstory.com/2019/02/view-producers-fed-meghan-mccain-screen-outbursts-sulking-report/

http://splinternews.com/meghan-mccain-finally-gets-sidelined-for-having-a-full-1832536954

http://jezebel.com/meghan-mccains-meghan-mccain-iest-moments-from-the-view-1832542404

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, AdeleDazeem said:

There's a comment in this video article that's certainly worth reading even if no one can stomach watching a MM "Greatest Hits" reel:

One of the most aggressively irrelevant people I’ve ever met. When she “wrote” a book, she came to speak at the monthly meeting of the publisher I used to work for. Staff asked her what her goals were, what her ambitions were, whether she planned to follow in her father’s footsteps and run for office. She sat there, twirling her hair like a cartoon, and waved them all off and said something to the effect of “I don’t really want to do anything.” Eight years later, she’s living her dream of being completely pointless.

On 2/5/2019 at 7:54 AM, Haleth said:

But Meghan is in NYC.  I find it hard to believe her mind is on baseball season.

I am way too damn charitable for my own good sometimes. The "hissy fit" moment yesterday reinforced why maybe I should dial that back around certain people. 😉 (Also I let my mind being on baseball season cloud my greater judgment; it happens.) 

• LOL 1
On 2/9/2019 at 12:22 PM, Cindyluwho said:

Or, Meghan McCain...I Will Say She is John McCain's Daughter!

Meghan "I AM JOHN MCCAIN'S DAUGHTER" McCain.

I'm just saying, I think it could work. 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, WonderWuman73 said:

I thought it would be interesting and eye assaulting to take a look at Megan’s various “Looks” and “Looks” since being in the show. 

My first thought-Worst game of paper dolls ever.

Second thought-That must have taken a lot of work to compile! Thank you for sharing.

I just realized how much I dated myself by mentioning paper dolls.

Edited by GiveMeSpace
Paper dolls
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

Meghan drives me nuts, but that outfit, that expression, that hair -- one of the most attractive photos I've ever seen of her.

I notice she often poses with her mouth open..why is that?  I mean, besides the obvious that she talks too much..is that supposed to be a good look now? (I'm honestly asking.)

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

I notice she often poses with her mouth open..why is that?  I mean, besides the obvious that she talks too much..is that supposed to be a good look now? (I'm honestly asking.)

It elongates the face.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

I noticed that, too.  Barbara Walters used to do that.  I recall them talking about it a few times and the others would poke fun at her.  I think she said it was so the camera could never get an awkward shot of a bad smile or something?  I noticed that Oprah does it, too, on her magazine covers.  Along with other various celebs.  To me, it just looks totally weird.  Especially when it is a group pose, and the rest of the ladies have their mouths shut and one of them has it gaped wide open. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, UYI said:

So this woman posted this just a few days ago, and she has some thoughts about Meghan--20 minutes worth of thoughts, to be exact. She is a View fan, so this is specifically for all of you guys.

Enjoy!

(Unfortunately, I couldn't embed it, which is why there is no thumbnail here.) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXJ-J2nK6eY

This was a interesting video.

Something I learned from it that I didn't know, was that Meghan got fired from her dad's political campaign for:

1. her blog being too controversial, and 

2. always taking friends on a tour of her father's campaign bus (and being a pain in the ass to his staff, it sounded like.)

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, ChiCricket said:

This was a interesting video.

Something I learned from it that I didn't know, was that Meghan got fired from her dad's political campaign for:

1. her blog being too controversial, and 

2. always taking friends on a tour of her father's campaign bus (and being a pain in the ass to his staff, it sounded like.)

I can't help but side-eye that woman in the video, though. Meghan is her favorite? Yikes! I also don't recall Meghan "owning" how she got the job at The View. I have heard her say she took it because her father told her she should and something something Whoopi John McCain. Even today, she claimed no one helped her and she made her career all on her own from desert sand, cactus juice and bourbon. (sarcasm)

Edited by GiveMeSpace
not dessert sand like meghan eats
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I can't help but side-eye that woman in the video, though. Meghan is her favorite? Yikes! I also don't recall Meghan "owning" how she got the job at The View. I have heard her say she took it because her father told her she should and something something Whoopi John McCain. Even today, she claimed no one helped her and she made her career all on her own from dessert sand, cactus juice and bourbon. (sarcasm)

IKR? I was thinking with "friends" like that, who needs enemies? 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

Am I mistaken in thinking she should have written "Abby and me?"

(Grammar is so confusing sometimes)

You are correct.  Take out one of the people and say it -"Lotsa people try to pit I against ..."   Nope! She often makes mistakes like this. Was she just a bad student or did she go to a really bad private school?

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 6
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

You are correct.  Take out one of the people and say it -"Lotsa people try to pit I against ..."   Nope! She often makes mistakes like this. Was she just a bad student or did she go to a really bad private school?

What school was going to flunk "John McCain's daughter™?"

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 13
20 hours ago, UYI said:

So this woman posted this just a few days ago, and she has some thoughts about Meghan--20 minutes worth of thoughts, to be exact. She is a View fan, so this is specifically for all of you guys.

Enjoy!

(Unfortunately, I couldn't embed it, which is why there is no thumbnail here.) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXJ-J2nK6eY

Loved one of the commenter’s nicknames for Meghan:  Me-Again. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 7:21 PM, ginger90 said:

8E870342-280A-4C43-AB11-7BB40B73710B.jpeg

this makes sense only if you understand that she meant to insert "republican" in front of sisters and mentors. 

Also - it's "LOTS OF'  not lotsa,  and "Abby and Me" (as people upthread posted) 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 2/13/2019 at 8:07 PM, GiveMeSpace said:

I can't help but side-eye that woman in the video, though. Meghan is her favorite? Yikes! 

FWIW, she made a video explaining what she meant by that. It's...not exactly a ringing endorsement once you know the context.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJko7pTo-Us

ETA: This is from three months ago, whereas the first video I posted about the increase in Meghan calling herself a "political analyst"/her appearances on other shows is from about a week or so ago, so it seems a lot of her feelings on Meghan have gotten more negative. 

Edited by UYI
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, OnTime said:

Valentines Day ain't their thing. 

Smoking cigars in her wedding dress it. Go to pic 2. UGH!

I like this photo. Meghan is so much more attractive without the makeup she wears on the show. And her cowboy husband isn't too bad here either.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, rcc said:

I like this photo. Meghan is so much more attractive without the makeup she wears on the show. And her cowboy husband isn't too bad here either.

I do agree she looks pretty in that picture.  The outlaw love thing is really stupid.  Are they pretending to be Bonnie and Clyde or the subject of some bad country song?  They are two wealthy media peeps.  They need to stop pretending to be anything but

• Love 12