Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

44 minutes ago, suomi said:

The producer(s) or whoever shouldn't allow any host to spew propaganda about a serious and very dangerous subject, especially when the propaganda is so easily documented as distortions and lies.

In this case, of course, there is a particular host who doesn't respect anyone's steenkin' rules--ever.  Rules of ethics, decorum, etiquette, kindness, turn-taking, fact-finding, voice control, temper control...what else?  I'm not naming names...but here's a hint: what's the title of this forum subgroup?

• Love 12
23 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

It's not just Meghan. For some reason, a trending topic is that abortions are being performed when babies are "within minutes"  of being born.

And this is why I am genuinely upset with Meghan. It is so divisive. Usually I just laugh her off, but playing to people's emotions on this issue is destructive.

• Love 15
19 minutes ago, bannana said:

OBGYN Schools NutMeg

Bet they won't have Dr. Daniel Grossman (featured in this article) on the show.  Real pundits expect the abortion issue to come up in the State of the Union address...to churn up the sheep.

On 1/31/2019 at 6:06 AM, blondiec0332 said:

It seems like they are talking about late term abortions due to the fetus having such physical problems it wouldn't survive long after birth.

...and many times they find the fetus had not been alive for awhile.   This is all so sad.  It's pathetic that so boisterous a know-it-all female has no empathy--unless it's for a male Republican veteran.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

Bet they won't have Dr. Daniel Grossman (featured in this article) on the show.  Real pundits expect the abortion issue to come up in the State of the Union address...to churn up the sheep.

...and many times they find the fetus had not been alive for awhile.   This is all so sad.  It's pathetic that so boisterous a know-it-all female has no empathy--unless it's for a male Republican veteran.

I am done with Megan, she cannot come back after this type of hateful rhetoric.   What appalls me the most is that she is spewing talking points and does not believe what she is saying.  She is playing a role and for the life of me, I don't understand why. 

• Love 19
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Since dad isn't reading her tweets this is increasingly self serving.  Oh, poor fatherless me!  Tell me how much you feel sorry for me, me, me.

It's not even baseball season.   She is just randomly picking things to tweet.

• Love 9

First of all, MM is getting harder and harder to watch.  Other than the loud screeching that is not understandable most days, the way she just crosses her arms and shakes her head if the topic in not politics.  There is more to life than that.  Yes, we love the banter and the topics, and like the difference of opinions, but it so obvious that she is so closed minded with any topic other than what interests her.  She rants on and on about cactus, really?  Her stupid gun fetish, her alcoholic bragging, and her beloved Arizona.  I guess what I trying to say is that I don't think she is a good fit on the show.  Period!  The others seem to be able to respect each other.  But she demands the floor and insults others when she rolls her neck and looks at the audience for approval. She is just a spoiled rotten brat and thinks she is better than  everyone.  IMO

• Love 20
19 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:
20 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

She is playing a role and for the life of me, I don't understand why. 

My opinion is she is being the dutiful wife.

I think you're right, BlondieC0332...and who'da thunk?

• Love 4

Meghan's caption from the photo above:

"No more dry January! Jalapeño margaritas with my bestie @secupp - this drink and this girl keep me sane! ♥️🌶♥️🌶"

Me: 

No, they don't.  Time to try something else. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Viewfan said:

First of all, MM is getting harder and harder to watch.  Other than the loud screeching that is not understandable most days, the way she just crosses her arms and shakes her head if the topic in not politics.  There is more to life than that.  Yes, we love the banter and the topics, and like the difference of opinions, but it so obvious that she is so closed minded with any topic other than what interests her.  She rants on and on about cactus, really?  Her stupid gun fetish, her alcoholic bragging, and her beloved Arizona.  I guess what I trying to say is that I don't think she is a good fit on the show.  Period!  The others seem to be able to respect each other.  But she demands the floor and insults others when she rolls her neck and looks at the audience for approval. She is just a spoiled rotten brat and thinks she is better than  everyone.  IMO

She's a trust fund baby. 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Was dry January a thing?  

At the risk of being OT, yes, it's a thing. My gfs and I vowed to do Dry January on NYE.  Sitting here with a glass of wine now that it's over. Anyway, I'm skeptical of Meghan going 31 days without drinking. 

• Love 9
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

38F94C33-AB2C-478C-91FA-32385A016D53.jpeg

It's not even baseball season :/

This reads like she was watching the Diamonback's game on TV and thought of her father and then went online to post that in honour of him....which I would get. He apparently was a big fan of all Arizona sports teams. I know the Phoenix Suns and Arizona Coyotes suck ass but at least it's basketball and hockey season. 

Also, she wrote that as if she's telling her father not to be ashamed of the grief because she's not...at least I hope that's not what she meant because that makes no sense.

• Love 8
On 1/31/2019 at 4:49 PM, tinkerbell said:

Meghan links to a video, then mistakenly says it supports something that it does not.  

THe issue discussed is if a baby is born with severe, life threatening disabilities, or is considered non-viable (I"m thinking of cases where the baby has no brain)  then the parents and doctor can make the decision to NOT RESUSCITATE the baby if it stops breathing, but to make the baby comfortable. 

SO of course, Meghan and others call it "infanticide"

This is not abortion, not murder, this is similar to a DNR order on an adult patient who has no chance of life.  so

AND -  if she really believes that these babies need to be resuscitated and kept on life support, then she sure as hell needs to be in favor of universal health care.  Think of a couple who have a baby with zero chance of survival, who then have to pay millions of dollars to keep the baby alive.  Meghan has no right to voice an opinion on this matter.  she needs to listen to women who have had to make a choice like that. 

And, as an obstetrician with more than 35 years experience, this is something that happens in this world.  Babies are born with horrible birth defects that will not allow them to survive more that a short period.  Nowadays, thanks to ultrasound and other technology, we are able to diagnose some of these things before birth.  Just as it is perfectly reasonable for anyone with a terminal disease to choose to decline treatment, it is perfectly reasonable for parents to decide what sort of care they want for their child.  Forcibly resuscitating a baby with a terminal illness is assault, IMO. It is actually possible for parents to enroll their unborn baby in a hospice service.  Nurses from the service will come to the delivery and make sure the parents' wishes for their child are met; whether it is letting siblings hold the baby, dressing it in a special outfit, taking pictures, arranging a baptism; so that the brief life of that child can be spent surrounded by love and comfort rather than hooked to machines to prolong its life for no purpose.

There was a case a while back where a mother carrying an anencephalic child insisted that the baby be fully resuscitated and kept alive with a ventilator as well as demanding that she be treated for pneumonia every time it developed.  The baby ended up in a long term care facility by was transferred back to the hospital for treatment at the mother's insistence on multiple occasions.  The hospital went to court to try to have a guardian named for the child's medical care pointing out that treating pneumonia in a child with a medically untreatable, fatal condition was futile.  The hospital lost.  All of the child's care was paid for by the state as the mother had no private health insurance and cost millions.  She lived for about 3 years while the typical anencephalic child lives no more than a couple of days.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_K

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 20
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

At the risk of being OT, yes, it's a thing. My gfs and I vowed to do Dry January on NYE.  Sitting here with a glass of wine now that it's over. Anyway, I'm skeptical of Meghan going 31 days without drinking. 

I'm more interested in knowing how you managed to survive a dry January while enduring Meghan?! I both bow and tip my hat to you!

• Love 10

Re: MM's hate-filled insults to guests.

MM asking the guest last week about seeming phony....how is that NOT  an in-your- face insult? 

Will MM refer to her use of the term,  New York Slime, when talking to the former NYT editor this week?  

In what world is demeaning a "guest" to their face, ok?

Why does ABC keep this horrid display of hubris on?  

Greed for ratings and $ , I know. 

But seriously, when does the pendulum swing  change that Butteigieg talked about. ..not focusing on hate, and putting down the other side,  start?  

I loved that he directed those remarks to MM, also, although you know and I know that she ignored anything he said,  cuz he's not her tribe, despite being a vet and openly gay. 

More and more  I have been deleting my Dvr eps of this show,  cuz I don't want to be in a bad mood, due to this vile piece of white trash. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, springtime said:

The Chancellor’s Lecture Series strives to connect the university and the Nashville community with intellectuals who are shaping our world.

More to the point--Vanderbilt thinks Meghan is an intellectual???!! omg

• Love 14

How much do you want to bet that MM gets booed? 

Unless she NAMES her speech, " My Father", in order to head off the boo-ers, and   just repeats major portions of her eulogy. 

Who is her " friend" (or her father's friend) at Vanderbilt that got her this gig?   

How much did she (her fam) donate to the University? 

• Love 11
11 hours ago, springtime said:

Meghan to speak at Vanderbilt

The Chancellor’s Lecture Series strives to connect the university and the Nashville community with intellectuals who are shaping our world.

15 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

Just watched Friday.  Did she use a new word “premeditated” when she actually should have said it’s was premature?  She was talking about judging the half timemshow before we see it and thought judging was premeditated.  I think she meant premature?  What an idiot.  If you’re going to use new words, figure out what they mean first,

As for this "intellectual" "shaping our world":

giphy.gif

16 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Vanderbilt thinks Meghan is shaping our world?  God help us all if that is true?

Also-intellectual? Fuck us all.

14 hours ago, longobongo said:

More to the point--Vanderbilt thinks Meghan is an intellectual???!! omg

I have to stop reading the board backwards before I comment. It so galling to me that anyone thinks of her as an intellectual. She has a damn art degree and I have never even heard her talk about art. She has only a shaky grasp of the English language.

• Love 12
30 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Hey @Giant Misfit, are we still going to get a poll to vote for a new thread title? Curious minds want to know what made the cut, without having to go back and look because one curious mind is too lazy.

We'll get on that this week. Stay tuned!

On 2/2/2019 at 12:17 PM, blondiec0332 said:

It's not even baseball season.   She is just randomly picking things to tweet.

To give Meghan a TINY benefit of the doubt here, it may have been because once the Super Bowl is over (or even right before it's over), people anticipate the start of baseball season almost immediately. The MLB's Twitter page was posting "we're up" kind of Tweets from almost the moment the Super Bowl ended (as did I and many others, celebrities and non-celebrities alike--HUGE Cubs fan here!), and Spring Training preparation is underway now, even though the season doesn't technically begin until March 28th.

...And my brief defense of Meghan this week is over. Carry on. :)

On 2/2/2019 at 10:47 PM, RHJunkie said:

It's not even baseball season :/

See my post above. :)

• Love 2
2 hours ago, UYI said:

To give Meghan a TINY benefit of the doubt here, it may have been because once the Super Bowl is over (or even right before it's over), people anticipate the start of baseball season almost immediately. The MLB's Twitter page was posting "we're up" kind of Tweets from almost the moment the Super Bowl ended (as did I and many others, celebrities and non-celebrities alike--HUGE Cubs fan here!), and Spring Training preparation is underway now, even though the season doesn't technically begin until March 28th.

...And my brief defense of Meghan this week is over. Carry on. :)

See my post above. :)

I'm Canadian so baseball isn't really a thought until hockey season is officially over aka, all of the Canadian teams are out of the playoffs so I can understand that the experience may be different for others though I have no issue with her randomly even thinking about her dad loving baseball...it's just that she gives no context to it and so it doesn't seem like reminiscing but rather an attention grab online.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

I'm Canadian so baseball isn't really a thought until hockey season is officially over aka, all of the Canadian teams are out of the playoffs so I can understand that the experience may be different for others though I have no issue with her randomly even thinking about her dad loving baseball...it's just that she gives no context to it and so it doesn't seem like reminiscing but rather an attention grab online.

I definitely hesitated in defending her here, because her "diary of grief" posts (as I will now call them) about her dad have gotten exhausting and weird, and it may have just been a case of dumb luck on her part, with thought to the timing, but I do know that I and many others were getting pumped up for baseball season the closer the Super Bowl got, so I took a chance (it helps that I don't give a bloated goat's left tit about either football or the Super Bowl, anyway, so I'm probably one of the only people who didn't watch it). 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, UYI said:

I definitely hesitated in defending her here, because her "diary of grief" posts (as I will now call them) about her dad have gotten exhausting and weird, and it may have just been a case of dumb luck on her part, with thought to the timing, but I do know that I and many others were getting pumped up for baseball season the closer the Super Bowl got, so I took a chance (it helps that I don't give a bloated goat's left tit about either football or the Super Bowl, anyway, so I'm probably one of the only people who didn't watch it). 

Love that expression!!!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, UYI said:

Well, this is a good point.  We have gone to spring training in Phoenix, and it is right around the corner, timing wise.

13 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Exactly!  I have lost family members - hasn't everyone?   Occasionally I have a memory, or a thought, about my deceased mother, or my brother.  Its a thought, a memory.  I might share it with one of my sisters.  But I don't go to social media with it - that seems to me to be a call for everyone else to express condolences (again!)  And I bet she keeps track of who likes or comments on every post she makes about her dad.  You know, to find out who her REAL friends are. 

As I read one time - just because you CAN post your every thought online, doesn't mean you SHOULD. 

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Love 22
29 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Exactly!  I have lost family members - hasn't everyone?   Occasionally I have a memory, or a thought, about my deceased mother, or my brother.  Its a thought, a memory.  I might share it with one of my sisters.  But I don't go to social media with it - that seems to me to be a call for everyone else to express condolences (again!)  And I bet she keeps track of who likes or comments on every post she makes about her dad.  You know, to find out who her REAL friends are. 

At some point her grief stopped being about her father and became all about her.  Which doesn't surprise me at all.  Meghan has proven to be very self-centered.  I'm wondering if her siblings have chosen to stay out of the public eye because they don't want the attention or if they know Meghan always hogs the attention.

• Love 16
18 hours ago, Tosia said:

It's very old...MM's about 20 years old there

She's been using that pic online for YEARS. 

I didn't think it was recent because she is much thinner. But it is still a nice photo. She really is a pretty woman like her mother. Her attitude not so much.

• Love 7

Meghan also says she talked to her dad every day, often 7 times a day.   

Sorry - but your dad had an important job,  And a wife. And you have a husband.  WHY call your dad  all day? 

I have two adult sons.  They have lives, and so do I.  we don't speak on the phone every day.  If one of them called me 7 times in one day, I would be alarmed.  IF they talked to me yesterday, and called again today just to talk, I would worry.   Maybe dads and daughters are different?  I don't know, I call my dad once or twice a week, at most.

• Love 16