Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Jaded

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Recommended Posts


12 minutes ago, bannana said:

Hanging xmas ornaments on dead animals is ghoulish and just plain weird.

This reminded me of Ellen's stand up about a deer-head at a party.

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I'm in the South and the deer heads on the walls are common. There's one at my aunt and uncle's. Conservatives who are hunters. There's one in a Cracker Barrel. Maybe Meghan should be their spokesperson.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

I'm in the South and the deer heads on the walls are common. There's one at my aunt and uncle's. Conservatives who are hunters. There's one in a Cracker Barrel. Maybe Meghan should be their spokesperson.

I'm from the South, still stuck here and that's never stopped those taxidermy animals from freaking me out. I've only been to a couple Cracker Barrels and don't think I remember them hanging in either one. I may have blocked them from my mind if they were there though.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Jaded said:

I'm from the South, still stuck here and that's never stopped those taxidermy animals from freaking me out. I've only been to a couple Cracker Barrels and don't think I remember them hanging in either one. I may have blocked them from my mind if they were there though.

I grew up outside Chicago, but have lived in the South more than half my life. Still, that New Jersey restaurant is the most taxidermy I've ever seen..

I get it, but I don't. It's something humans have done for hundreds of years. Fine. I'm okay with natural specimens and things that die of natural causes. I have a fascination with biology and almost majored in physical anthropology. I grew up going to the Field Museum of Natural History, and these days they make a point of indicating that their specimens have been there for over 80 years. 

STILL. Decorating your home with animals heads because you love guns is creepy. And yes, Meg and her hubby love guns and killing animals like squirrels.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

My BFF were on our way to Kenya and laid over in Atlanta. We couldn't believe all the metal cases at check in and thought they were musical instruments......but still confused as they were similar in size.. On the flight we were seated between the Great White Hunter and a missionary. I was (kind of) the lucky one. A very long 17 hour flight. The hunters really bothered me -especially on the safaris even though they  weren't a part of it, of course. And do to this day.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Ran across this on Twitter. Mr. Meghan's tweets. 

Meghan sure was excited about Abby's baby news this week. Have we ever seen her show even a fraction of that level of enthusiasm for her baby nephew Mac? 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

So we were in a giant flea market in Alabama and in one of the booths were Meg's book on top of one of Ann Coulter's book.  Did not buy.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

I think MM needs to go.  She is too self centered and her whining and screechy voice is so annoying!! She is constantly looking out to the audience for approval or something.  It's not her political view that bugs me, it's her?!!  I have been a huge View fan for years.  I just can't warm up to MM or Abbey........IMO

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

MM's husband is a snake.....many of us had her take on Ana from hello. As well as her take on Joy. 

Edited by maggiemae
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/3/2019 at 10:46 PM, ChiCricket said:

 Now I can't unsee it either.

Does it make me a creepy old lady because I cropped it to take a better look? 🙄

Screenshot_20190103-234221.jpg

That's what I thought too.  YANNI!  lol

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

21 hours ago, Marigny said:

Ran across this on Twitter. Mr. Meghan's tweets. 

 

 Nice way to talk about your wife’s coworker. 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

From that tweet above, Mr and Mrs. Megan McCain are both scum and deserve each other. Those two are a piece of work..

He's an ASS (and she married him.)

Screenshot_20190106-174407.jpg

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 2:50 PM, Marigny said:

Meghan sure was excited about Abby's baby news this week. Have we ever seen her show even a fraction of that level of enthusiasm for her baby nephew Mac? 

Meghan's excitement for Abby's baby seemed to center around "I knew it first!  She told me first! I'm Special!"

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Marigny said:

He so married her for the come-up and no one can tell me otherwise. 

I thought the same thing.   Wonder how long before being Mr. Meghan McCain loses it's value. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

11 hours ago, maggiemae said:

What was up with the two pins under MM's right boob?

Disregard the arrow, it’s a screenshot from instagram. Is this a new thing?

08C631CE-8D2C-4AF9-9E88-7177E59B3E36.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post

I'd be curious to know if Meghan and Mr. Meghan also despise Nicolle Wallace. Like Ana, she's another woman connected to the McCain name who is more knowledgeable, professional, likable, experienced, and worth listening to than Meghan McCain will ever be.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I'd be curious to know if Meghan and Mr. Meghan also despise Nicolle Wallace. Like Ana, she's another woman connected to the McCain name who is more knowledgeable, professional, likable, experienced, and worth listening to than Meghan McCain will ever be.

I think I read here that she does-because of Nicolle’s reaction to that intellectually bankrupt Palin chosen to be the VP choice.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

So am I the only person to notice the EXTREME white makeup spots placed below Meghan's eyes near her nose today? She must have pissed off the makeup department something fierce, because if I noticed them, they are obvious!

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I think I read here that she does-because of Nicolle’s reaction to that intellectually bankrupt Palin chosen to be the VP choice.

Nicole was excluded from McCain's funeral. Why does Megan hate her so much. She made some valid point on how she knew that Palin was awful on her show. It was very enlightening for Nicole to be so forthright. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

26 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Nicole was excluded from McCain's funeral. Why does Megan hate her so much. She made some valid point on how she knew that Palin was awful on her show. It was very enlightening for Nicole to be so forthright. 

I always assumed it was because of the book and then movie, Game Change, which Nicolle was involved in.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/meghan-mccain-slams-her-fathers-advisors-over-game-change-comments/

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

I will say that I DID appreciate Meghan standing up for AOC about that dancing video. I'm only about four or five years younger than her; the fact is that a LOT of our generation has been on social media since either high school or college. It is what it is and I appreciate her for pointing that out (she also told someone on Twitter to leave AOC alone about her clothing a few days ago, too; I want to say it was Bill O'Reilly, actually).

Truth be told, for a long time, I actually really DID like Meghan, including her appearances when she guest-hosted this show (I'll never forget her telling Laura Ingraham to "kiss her fat ass" after Laura fat-shamed her; this was back in 2009 when she was trying to get the GOP to modernize itself for younger voters--a futile exercise, to be sure, but I understood what she was trying to do). But man, her becoming a regular has done a LOT to challenge it, especially when she talks about being a political analyst--without revealing too much, let's just say I DO have a political science degree and I HAVE been involved with campaigns--there are times when I wish I had the chance to be a co-host on this show (as far as where I would fall on the spectrum, let's just say I think Joy would LOVE me, although I'm much shyer than she is!), just so I could respond to some of her rants with a simple "Bless your heart, honey darling" and watch her head explode. Bonus points: I know where the Midwest is, AND I'm not a blonde Republican! I mean, I'm blonde, but not the other thing, hee hee. 

But I realize I may get my ass kicked for admitting I haven't always been exhausted by her, so I'll just make myself scarce for now. ;) 

Edited by UYI
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, UYI said:

I will say that I DID appreciate Meghan standing up for AOC about that dancing video. I'm only about four or five years younger than her; the fact is that a LOT of our generation has been on social media since either high school or college. It is what it is and I appreciate her for pointing that out (she also told someone on Twitter to leave AOC alone about her clothing a few days ago, too; I want to say it was Bill O'Reilly, actually).

Truth be told, for a long time, I actually really DID like Meghan, including her appearances when she guest-hosted this show (I'll never forget her telling Laura Ingraham to "kiss her fat ass" after Laura fat-shamed her; this was back in 2009 when she was trying to get the GOP to modernize itself for younger voters--a futile exercise, to be sure, but I understood what she was trying to do). But man, her becoming a regular has done a LOT to challenge it, especially when she talks about being a political analyst--without revealing too much, let's just say I DO have a political science degree and I HAVE been involved with campaigns--there are times when I wish I had the chance to be a co-host on this show (asw far as where I would fall on the spectrum, let's just say I think Joy would LOVE me, although I'm much shyer than she is!), just so I could respond to some of her rants with a simple "Bless your heart, honey darling" and watch her head explode.

But I realize I may get my ass kicked for admitting I haven't always been exhausted by her, so I'll just make myself scarce for now. ;) 

You're not alone in this, so I guess I'd better make myself scarce too ;-) But yes, I liked her too for the reasons you did...trying to modernize the stone age Republican ideals and represent a new generation of conservative voters. Yes, she grew up privileged and can't really connect with "regular" folk on a personal level, but that is obviously something out of her control and I honestly feel it shouldn't be held against her. What WAS in her control is having the means, connections, and finances to actually educate herself in politics and do more than coast off of her family name, and actually BE a political analyst or pundit.  When I heard she was going to be on the View, I was actually looking forward to seeing her side of things being a young Republican in an constantly evolving world.  But we've gotten is the same old dog whistles, talking points, whataboutisms and rhetoric that Faux News has been spouting for years. Tack on a generally nasty attitude and refusal to bend even the slightest with topics, even outside of politics, and you've got Ms. McCain. I'm truly disappointed and exhausted by her as well. 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

One other thing: I'll admit that I also have read her Dirty Sexy Politics (it's at my library, okay?), and I do think, if you look at it as merely an inside look of a presidential race by a relative, it is interesting and kind of cool. I also know that she compliments Hillary Clinton in it (!), so that would be ANOTHER thing I could use against her in my hypothetical dream scenario as a View co-host. ;) 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, 17wheatthins said:

Until MM learns how to watch her tone, she can fuck right off. 

Not just her tone. She needs a complete ATTITUDE readjustment. And be open to all different opinions, even if she doesn't agree with them--she needs to learn to RESPECT the other person(s) and not treat them or act as if they are Satan's Spawn. As an example, I have a group of friends--we all met online and became friends through our love of books written by Nora Roberts, and other authors. I've met most of them in real life. But our views are a mix of liberal and conservative. But here's the kicker: WE RESPECT each other's opinions, even if we disagree, because we don't treat the ones who don't agree with us as monsters or criminals or EVUHL BEINGS.

This TWAT CANNOT say the same thing.

She gets praised for saying words she didn't even write, and is held as some bright light who will carry on her father's legacy/torch. What a JOKE. She proves every day that she is intellectually bankrupt and can't carry on a conversation unless the words are written down for her. 

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post

I think Meghan has very few true beliefs. She is who she needs to be situationally.

  • She was hired by The View to be The Republican, so she is trying to represent all Republicans, not her own views (and failing miserably).
  • Ten years ago, she was young and cute and daughter of The Maverick, so she put on a persona of being the face of the NEW modern Republican Party, being labeled a RINO (Republican In Name Only) by many.
  • She got hired by Fox, and went far, far, far to the Right as a result.
  • She often refers to her party girl past, but wears blouses that go to her chin and tsks-tsks at profanity ever since marrying someone from a religious conservative family.

I reiterate my theory that, in her heart, she is bored silly by politics and her true calling is to be a reality TV commentator. She would be great at that (no sarcasm; she gets un-angry (lol) and shows a lot of passion and a fun side to her when she talks about the subject!)

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Not just her tone. She needs a complete ATTITUDE readjustment. And be open to all different opinions, even if she doesn't agree with them--she needs to learn to RESPECT the other person(s) and not treat them or act as if they are Satan's Spawn. As an example, I have a group of friends--we all met online and became friends through our love of books written by Nora Roberts, and other authors. I've met most of them in real life. But our views are a mix of liberal and conservative. But here's the kicker: WE RESPECT each other's opinions, even if we disagree, because we don't treat the ones who don't agree with us as monsters or criminals or EVUHL BEINGS.

This TWAT CANNOT say the same thing.

She gets praised for saying words she didn't even write, and is held as some bright light who will carry on her father's legacy/torch. What a JOKE. She proves every day that she is intellectually bankrupt and can't carry on a conversation unless the words are written down for her. 

I was so afraid I would be dead to you forever after my post here, haha! Like I said, while part of me still has a soft spot for her, another part of me wishes I could be a co-host and call her out on her crap! I think I would be good at it, and effective! :) 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, UYI said:

One other thing: I'll admit that I also have read her Dirty Sexy Politics (it's at my library, okay?), and I do think, if you look at it as merely an inside look of a presidential race by a relative, it is interesting and kind of cool. I also know that she compliments Hillary Clinton in it (!), so that would be ANOTHER thing I could use against her in my hypothetical dream scenario as a View co-host. ;) 

I didn't know she wrote a book!  I just checked and my library actually has it as an e-book, and it is available, so I could borrow it if I wanted to. However, I'm not sure I could stomach reading it, because even though I know you're not supposed to judge a book by its cover, the cover has her sitting in the trunk of an ELEPHANT !!!  I guess it could be worse, with her love of killing animals, and she could be sitting beside a dead one. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

3 minutes ago, buffynut said:

I didn't know she wrote a book!  I just checked and my library actually has it as an e-book, and it is available, so I could borrow it if I wanted to. However, I'm not sure I could stomach reading it, because even though I know you're not supposed to judge a book by its cover, the cover has her sitting in the trunk of an ELEPHANT !!!  I guess it could be worse, with her love of killing animals, and she could be sitting beside a dead one. 

Yes, Dirty Sexy Politics, in 2010. Technically she also wrote another book in 2012 called A Love Letter to America, You Sexy Bitch with comedian Michael Ian Black, but I'm not as familiar with that one. 

...And I've embarrassed myself enough here for the week by admitting all this. -_-

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, UYI said:

while part of me still has a soft spot for her,

Which just boggles my mind. But that's okay. That's my issue, and I'm not being snarky. We all like who we like and who we don't.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, UYI said:

I was so afraid I would be dead to you forever after my post here, haha! Like I said, while part of me still has a soft spot for her, another part of me wishes I could be a co-host and call her out on her crap! I think I would be good at it, and effective! :) 

I could see maybe having a small soft spot for her if someone hadn't seen how absolutely mean and vicious she's been on The View. I didn't really have much of an opinion of her either way before she became a host. I think there's a chance back when she was making the rounds years ago when people were calling her a RINO that she wasn't as hardened as she is now. The fact that she was such a flop in LA and didn't find some rich clique to hang out with/be accepted to seems to still eat away at her. Mr. RMB is so vile and nasty so they feed off each other like one of those criminal couples she likes to compare her marriage to. 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Which just boggles my mind. But that's okay. That's my issue, and I'm not being snarky. We all like who we like and who we don't.

I mean, it's not as big as it USED to be. ;)

1 hour ago, Jaded said:

I could see maybe having a small soft spot for her if someone hadn't seen how absolutely mean and vicious she's been on The View. 

That's the thing--I remember who she was around a decade ago. As I've seen more and more of her in the present day as a co-host on this show, that's...changed a bit. 

Share this post


Link to post

So, Megs was on WWHL and wouldn’t shut up there either.  And, just in case we forgot about her father- there is no Republican that comes anywhere near the politician or man that he was.  And also, she and Joy get along swimmingly.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size