Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Gotta say, when I occassionally see Meghan out and about via IG, I find her sense of style far more appealing and flattering to her than on the show.

That outfit was too much, and as someone said, too matchy-matchy, but I agree that in real life, she dresses so much younger, more flattering, and cuter than she does on the show. I am much more fond of non-View Meghan. It's like she's playing a character on the show.

• Love 7
22 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Not a fan of the plaid blazer with the plaid coat draped over, however, with just one of either of those pieces, I think it's a cute outfit. Gotta say, when I occassionally see Meghan out and about via IG, I find her sense of style far more appealing and flattering to her than on the show.

I don't think there's any stigma about talking about grief, death or cancer, but like many things, there are times and places to address the issue. Any platform is not an effective platform. Meghan wants to continue talking about these things because it's a way for her to talk about herself and make it seem like she's doing something for the greater good. I know not all experiences are the same but I have yet to meet anyone who had a harder time dealing with the death of a loved one who was very sick than they did dealing with the actual care of that loved one while alive and suffering.  When it comes down to it, grief is a selfish feeling...it has less to do with the deceased and more to do with how you feel about them not being around anymore and I say that with no judgment because I have experienced grief myself. It's a natural feeling when dealing with any kind of loss but not every forum is appropriate. Most people can't show up to work and constantly interject about their grief, death, and cancer as they like or make it about themselves during a toast at someone else's wedding. If constantly being in your feelings and talking about it is stalling your progress in the stages of grief and learning to cope, then guess what, you're doing a disservice to your own well being. Again, there is value in encouraging people to seek help and support from professionals, family, and/or friends but as I mentioned already, Meghan's approach doesn't seem like an attempt to de-stigmatize or take her own experiences to help others - it seems like she's pretending to have a social cause to take up so that she can continue talking about herself and attempting to shame others who are willing to call it out.

Well said, RHJunkie. I agree, especially : 

If MM ever mentioned anyone other than herself and her dad in this grief bath, it might seem genuine.

If MM ever listed helpful activities, websites,  books, etc...that would help with grieving, it might seem less self-serving. 

Let's face it,  MM is going to use any vehicle and/or social term to keep HER name out there in the D-list celebrity zone.  

Her tweets are pap. Treacle. Eye-rolling dreck. And it's going to continue for years...................

ABC needs to let her go to grieve since that's her new claim to fame. 

• Love 13
On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 9:00 AM, RHJunkie said:

I don't think there's any stigma about talking about grief, death or cancer, but like many things, there are times and places to address the issue. Any platform is not an effective platform. Meghan wants to continue talking about these things because it's a way for her to talk about herself and make it seem like she's doing something for the greater good. I know not all experiences are the same but I have yet to meet anyone who had a harder time dealing with the death of a loved one who was very sick than they did dealing with the actual care of that loved one while alive and suffering.  When it comes down to it, grief is a selfish feeling...it has less to do with the deceased and more to do with how you feel about them not being around anymore and I say that with no judgment because I have experienced grief myself. It's a natural feeling when dealing with any kind of loss but not every forum is appropriate. Most people can't show up to work and constantly interject about their grief, death, and cancer as they like or make it about themselves during a toast at someone else's wedding. If constantly being in your feelings and talking about it is stalling your progress in the stages of grief and learning to cope, then guess what, you're doing a disservice to your own well being. Again, there is value in encouraging people to seek help and support from professionals, family, and/or friends but as I mentioned already, Meghan's approach doesn't seem like an attempt to de-stigmatize or take her own experiences to help others - it seems like she's pretending to have a social cause to take up so that she can continue talking about herself and attempting to shame others who are willing to call it out.

yes, all her statements, all her tweets, are about HER suffering.  I hate to sound unsympathetic, but, when a person over 80 has been battling cancer for a decade, their life did not suddenly come to an end, it's more like a gradual fading out. As adults, we know and expect that the older generations are not going to be around forever.  Yes, it hurts to lose someone, but it's not unique, EVERYONE goes through it.    Maybe instead of all her self-serving statements of support to strangers on twitter,  she could reach out to members of her own family and support THEM.   

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 2:38 PM, Jaded said:

. I found these photos from 2015 from an LA Times house tour which shows the interior of her LA abode back then. I thought there was a video or photos of her current NY pad sometime back but had trouble finding anything online. Instead all the results were either stories about her father's death or her parents real estate holdings from 2008.

Wow, an animal head in her kitchen, counter stools covered in animal skins, horns and skulls used as décor.   Sorry, I find dead animal parts used as decoration to be creepy.   I'd be afraid to sit at that kitchen counter anyway, it looks like the sharp edges would snag my clothes and scratch up my knees. 

And seriously, she displays shot glasses with GOP elephants on them?  That cracked me up.  I'm going to get out all my "souvenir of Disney world"  coffee cups and display them on a shelf.  

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Love 13
32 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

yes, all her statements, all her tweets, are about HER suffering.  I hate to sound unsympathetic, but, when a person over 80 has been battling cancer for a decade, their life did not suddenly come to an end, it's more like a gradual fading out. As adults, we know and expect that the older generations are not going to be around forever.  Yes, it hurts to lose someone, but it's not unique, EVERYONE goes through it.    Maybe instead of all her self-serving statements of support to strangers on twitter,  she could reach out to members of her own family and support THEM.   

Only in HER mind is grief, cancer, and whatever else she posted, are considered taboo subjects/stigmas. Like you said, it's all about HER. And I'll say it: It IS a STIGMA--but against HER SELF-ABSORBED NARCISSTIC ASS, and making it all about HERSELF. As if she is the ONLY person to have lost a loved one to cancer. Or is the ONLY one who knows grief.

35 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

And seriously, she displays shot glasses with GOP elephants on them?  That cracked me up.  I'm going to get out all my "souvenir of Disney world"  coffee cups and display them on a shelf.  

And I RESENT that. Elephants are considered Holy and Good Luck in my country. They stand for GOOD. But I just had to  giphy.gif (SHUT UP! I'm TOTALLY ❤️❤️Bale's❤️ BITCH!) giphy.gif at your comment about displaying your coffee cups!

• Love 8

Yeah, I don't get it.  I have posted before, I was Meghan's age when my father died. I was thirteen when my brother died. There is no taboo around grieving, it is the thing that people have been doing as long as people have lived and died.  She is for some reason trying to make it a thing.

• Love 17
On 11/24/2018 at 6:07 PM, SuzieSioux said:

I found elsewhere a description of how someone views The View in ten years time, and it's pretty accurate with it's projection for how Meghan will be, haha. I'm not sure I think she's going to last that long, but if she did, well:

---
"In keeping with tradition The Heiress McCain will say "my dad" within the first 6 minutes of the show regardless of the topic at hand and will continue to mention her dad at least every 10 minutes thereafter, the panel will be comprised of all Fox News rejects along with her buddy Clay Aiken, her nazi husband will be EP, she will still have white dots in the corner of her eyes thinking they make her look younger (and because the m/u dept still hates her), she will be at least 30 lbs heavier and wearing unflattering skin tight clothing (because wardrobe dept still hates her), she will have given birth once and adopted one too, she will cut the mic of anyone who disagrees with her, she will remind everyone she is the voice of middle America at least twice during the hour.

"Also, forgot to mention (and most importantly) there will be a shrine to her father center stage that all the panel must genuflect to before they take their seats at the beginning. The Heiress will walk (stomp) out last and will genuflect the longest and speak to the shrine before climbing into her chair and having to wipe away tears and compose herself while her Fox News pageant reject buddies pat her hand and tell her to take her time as they know how hard it is for her it only being a decade since the tragedy. This will be a daily ritual with several special extra long tributes through out the year (his bday, anniversary of death, anniv of his run for presidency, anniv of his loss of presidency, etc.)"

---

I can't stop laughing at this. 

• Love 10

Like njbchlover mentioned upthread, I too rarely look at the idiot in the picture who is taking the selfie and instead focus on everything else going on in the room.  First thing I noticed in this picture, after the already mentioned very dusty mirror,  is the really bad paint job where the grey wall meets the white baseboard in the corner.  Somebody skipped the painter's tape, I see.  Grey paint bleeding into the white.  Sloppy work!

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 9

It's not a headstone. Just some random "we're such patriots" bullshit. Illegitimi non carborundum : Don't let the bastards grind you down. Klassy. Must be her oh so mature response to anyone who questions why she's constantly focusing on a dead man when there is people here on earth she could be looking forward to this new year with.

Edited by Picture It. Sicily
  • Love 14
43 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

It's not a headstone. Just some random "we're such patriots" bullshit. Illegitimi non carborundum : Don't let the bastards gring you down. Klassy. Must be her oh so mature response to anyone who questions why she's constantly focusing on a dead man when there is people here on earth she could be looking forward to this new year with.

A 26 year old writer who worked with Meghan's husband died very suddenly of the flu last week.  Meghan wrote that she and Ben were "gutted" by her death.  I was wondering if that would help Meghan put her 81 year old father's death in perspective, but, obviously it did not.  Hers is the greatest loss of all time.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, OnTime said:

What and where is this picture with this snow?

I believe it's his special place in Arizona near his home, where he used to sit. If I'm inferring correctly from what others have said, it is where he died.

My brother in Arizona keeps sending me photos of his kids playing in a good amount of snow (esp. for them!), so I believe parts of Arizona are snow-covered, or recently were.

Illegitimi non carborundum was one of Sen. McCain's favorite sayings, and that's why Meghan is tweeting it in his memory.

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 3
On ‎2018‎-‎12‎-‎29 at 2:40 AM, ChiCricket said:

Hideous. Wow

Screenshot_20181229-033752.jpg

Ouch!   How do you sit on the stools without stabbing your knees/hips on at least one of those custom pointy bits?  Did she shoot the sheep and cow herself to get those hides?

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Not a lot of chance to do that since Meghan's 2019 mission is "to destigmatize talking about grief, death and cancer." (12/24/18 tweet). Someone replied "Do this in private." 25K likes!

Who got the likes, Meghan... or the person replying "Do this in private." ?

• Love 2
6 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Who got the likes, Meghan... or the person replying "Do this in private." ?

Meghan's tweet got the 29.6k likes. The brave man who suggested she do it in private got 364 likes and a bit of flack.

• Love 6

I'm not watching The View any more, that is my resolution, one I intend to keep.  I'll just spy on you guys, who I adore. I just don't need that ugly mean bitch in my life or in my mornings and she also interrupts my drinking if I watch The View in the afternoon! Burp. 

• Love 6

the practical side of me looks at that kitchen and thinks about how hard it would be to clean all the edges and surfaces of that counter, after people ate and might have spilled sauce or dripped cheese on it.  And those sheepskins!  if they're just casually tossed over the stools, there's a high potential for someone sliding off.  If they're attached to the stools - How the hell do you clean a stain off sheepskin? 

I guess rich people don't think along the same lines as us "normal folk,"   because if I'm redoing my kitchen, it's all about low maintenance and easy to clean surfaces.  

• Love 12
1 hour ago, atlantaloves said:

I'm not watching The View any more, that is my resolution, one I intend to keep.  I'll just spy on you guys, who I adore. I just don't need that ugly mean bitch in my life or in my mornings and she also interrupts my drinking if I watch The View in the afternoon! Burp. 

I am with you.  I read here, then go to the DVR and delete.

• Love 6
(edited)
16 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

the practical side of me looks at that kitchen and thinks about how hard it would be to clean all the edges and surfaces of that counter, after people ate and might have spilled sauce or dripped cheese on it.  And those sheepskins!  if they're just casually tossed over the stools, there's a high potential for someone sliding off.  If they're attached to the stools - How the hell do you clean a stain off sheepskin? 

I guess rich people don't think along the same lines as us "normal folk,"   because if I'm redoing my kitchen, it's all about low maintenance and easy to clean surfaces.  

I'd be really creeped out by having a dead deer head staring at me as I was getting poked in the leg, trying to not slip off one of those stools all while eating something  sitting at that island.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 10

That apartment looked like Meghan had a designer that convinced her each piece was to die for (and probably very expensive) and Meghan fell for it.  The interior design (if you can call it that) is a mess.  No theme.  Nothing works together.  And Meghan has a degree in art?  She should know better.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Jaded said:

I'd be really creeped out by having a dead deer head staring at me as I was getting poked in the leg, trying to not slip off one of those stools all while eating something  sitting at that island.

For some reason, people like Meghan revel in surrounding themselves with innocent creatures they have killed.  You'd think they won in hand to hand combat, rather than assault rifles, while hiding in camouflage twenty feet up in the air.  It's pathetic how powerful it makes them feel.  

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

For some reason, people like Meghan revel in surrounding themselves with innocent creatures they have killed.  You'd think they won in hand to hand combat, rather than assault rifles, while hiding in camouflage twenty feet up in the air.  It's pathetic how powerful it makes them feel.  

You should see my neighbors' house. They have rooms set up (by continent) with dozens of animals they've hunted.  It looks like a hall at the museum of natural history.  The irony?  He's a family practice physician. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 7
44 minutes ago, Haleth said:

You should see my neighbors' house. They have rooms set up (by continent) with dozens of animals they've hunted.  It looks like a hall at the museum of natural history.  The irony?  He's a family practice physician. 

And the majority were probably canned hunts, too.  What a powerful man!/s.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, Jaded said:

I thought you were going to say -  creeped out by a dead animal's head staring at me while I was eating a dead animal.  

2 hours ago, Haleth said:

rooms with animal heads always remind me of something I saw at Disney World (Country Bear Jamboree?  maybe)   where the animal heads came to life and talked to each other.  

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, 17wheatthins said:

A) looks like someone loves zappos.com!!

B) hubby isn't too hard to look at!

C) please can anyone make out whose portrait is next to Lincoln? 

Parts of it look like a Van Gogh self-portrait, but then I think I see a dog sitting on the man's head.  Who knows, but surely a Republican.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Not a bad looking guy.  Other than his views, that is.

yeah, he's a little bit Russell Crowe, and a little bit Ricky Gervais. 

But from his twitter account, he's also an asshole. 

• Love 11
36 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Not a bad looking guy.  Other than his views, that is.

I hate to comment on anyone's looks, 'cuz people in glass houses and all, but, I will make an exception...  Meh, I think his head looks way too big for his body - almost like it was photo shopped on that suit. Also, I keep trying to find a picture of an American flag or a copy of the Constitution or Bill of Rights in their house, but nadda. Abe Lincoln sandwiched between the dead shark and the discarded Zappos box is odd to me though.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

More decorating.......

A1C869C5-A3E7-431D-BFEB-7F6E657104DB.jpeg

Looks like Ben packs to the right. (I'm sorry! I can't unsee that!)

Also, I don't find him attractive in the least. 

1 hour ago, 17wheatthins said:

C) please can anyone make out whose portrait is next to Lincoln? 

It looks like James Brolin. ;)

2 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Looks like Ben packs to the right. (I'm sorry! I can't unsee that!)

Now I can't unsee it either.

Does it make me a creepy old lady because I cropped it to take a better look? 🙄

Screenshot_20190103-234221.jpg

• Love 3
On 1/2/2019 at 6:06 PM, lookeyloo said:

I am with you.  I read here, then go to the DVR and delete.

Just watch on YouTube and save the space on your DVR. Also means not giving her any ratings. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I thought you were going to say -  creeped out by a dead animal's head staring at me while I was eating a dead animal.  

rooms with animal heads always remind me of something I saw at Disney World (Country Bear Jamboree?  maybe)   where the animal heads came to life and talked to each other.  

The first part of your post works with what I was trying to say too. When I was young my friend next door who I met because her Mom married the older guy next door that was a hunter moved in to his trophy animal ridden home. I was always kinda freaked out by the to deer heads that would be looking my way in the den because of where they were in regards to where the couch and love seat were placed. I was taken to Disney World when I turned 5 so I only remember bits and pieces. I'm willing to bet I saw that Country Bear Jamoree show too because I would think about those deer heads at my friends house coming to life and talking to each other when nobody was around. There was also this little stuffed wild cat of some kind that would be right in front of people when they walked in the front door. I've  been a cat lover ever since I can remember so seeing that cat every time I went over there always made me sad. This version of George Harrison's song 'Got My Mind Set On You' didn't help matters when it comes to mounted animals on the wall singing. 

Mr. Meghan McCain isn't much to look at. His comments and actions in life make him even uglier to me. Those two seem to be two peas in a pod in regards to thoughts and behavior. He definitely doesn't bring out any good side RBM might have. 

• Love 8

Even if I didn't find his political beliefs ugly I still wouldn't find him attractive.  He has that entitled white male look to him.  I can usually smell that a mile away.

10 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

It looks like James Brolin. ;)

Didn't James Brolin portray Ronald Reagan in a movie?  Maybe the movie poster? :)

• Love 9
11 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

yeah, he's a little bit Russell Crowe, and a little bit Ricky Gervais. 

But from his twitter account, he's also an asshole. 

His head looks like it was photo shopped onto his neck. There's nothing attractive about him. But potatoes and potahtoes and all that.

11 hours ago, KicksandGiggles said:

I hate to comment on anyone's looks, 'cuz people in glass houses and all, but, I will make an exception...  Meh, I think his head looks way too big for his body - almost like it was photo shopped on that suit. Also, I keep trying to find a picture of an American flag or a copy of the Constitution or Bill of Rights in their house, but nadda. Abe Lincoln sandwiched between the dead shark and the discarded Zappos box is odd to me though.

That's what I said! Let's sit together at the "mean" table! Bobble head, anyone?

• Love 10

First I thought the all the flags, the framed copy of the Constitution and portraits of the Presidents as decor was over the top and tacky. Then I saw the pictures from the LA apartment. And now the buffalo head and deer antlers on the wall. It's official, I am completely creeped out by the two of them. 

Also, I'm reminded of this restaurant in New Jersey that my mom, sister and I stumbled upon before my cousin's wedding. Meg would totally be at home there. o.jpg

• Love 7
49 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

Where are her gays when she needs them?

I think Clay Aiken might be her only gay friend.  She might be LGTBQ supportive but her tribe most certainly is not.  And you are known by the company you keep.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 8