Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

On ‎2017‎-‎11‎-‎24 at 1:17 AM, backformore said:

I LOVE Clay Aiken, and can't for the life of me figure how those two are close friends.  

MM's wedding - the article says she walked down the aisle in cow hides.  But there's a photo of her in a nice lace dress. 

image.jpg

Yeah, it was the way they worded it.  She wasn't covered in cow hides, the aisle was, so instead of a red carpet, say, it was cow hides. 

• Love 3

Yeah, still can't fathom someone wanting that wedding theme.  

About the People cover, wonder if they were going to be the cover story, before Harry proposed to "his" Meghan.

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, backformore said:

wedding theme - Dead Animals?

Photos from PEOPLE of MM's wedding. (I put in the dead animals thing, because - cow hides and deer antlers?) 

And I have to say - that is the ugliest wedding cake I have ever seen in my life.  I can't imagine seeing something covered in dead leaves, pine cones, bark, and (hopefully fake) antlers, and say "mmmmm... cake!" 

Sounds like the Thanksgiving centerpiece Ivanka tweeted about made from stuff you swept up off the forest floor.

• Love 3

My niece had a country themed wedding.  They decorated with wagon wheels, hay bales and wildflowers not dead animals parts.  They served pulled pork, ribs, beans and hotdogs and fried chicken.  It was a very simple menu but it was the best food I had ever had at a wedding.  Everyone ate a lot because they were not forced to look at dead animals when they ate.

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

My niece had a country themed wedding.  They decorated with wagon wheels, hay bales and wildflowers not dead animals parts.  They served pulled pork, ribs, beans and hotdogs and fried chicken.  It was a very simple menu but it was the best food I had ever had at a wedding.  Everyone ate a lot because they were not forced to look at dead animals when they ate.

Country themed is fun and casual. Meghan's wedding seemed to have hunting as a theme, which is weird for a wedding.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, backformore said:

wedding theme - Dead Animals?

Photos from PEOPLE of MM's wedding. (I put in the dead animals thing, because - cow hides and deer antlers?) 

And I have to say - that is the ugliest wedding cake I have ever seen in my life.  I can't imagine seeing something covered in dead leaves, pine cones, bark, and (hopefully fake) antlers, and say "mmmmm... cake!" 

I actually thought it was pretty if the antlers had been eliminated -- certainly not my taste, but pretty with the leaves and bark. I recoil from antlers unless they are on a living deer or elk or reindeer. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, backformore said:

Country themed is fun and casual. Meghan's wedding seemed to have hunting as a theme, which is weird for a wedding.

Yeah, MM  said that game meats served was a tribute to her father --who I don't remember ever hearing about his  great love for hunting animals???? 

The pie love of John McC, I totally get. 

Surprised the Duck hunter families weren't invited. 

• Love 1
(edited)

It seems like her wedding theme was planned around others more then herself for the most part. It comes off like the dress was more of something she actually put more thought into. The wedding theme seemed like something more  for her father and plagiarizing husband. Someone wasn't happy about the royal engagement stealing her thunder. Hee.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 4

Wow, I hate to defend or explain Meghan's wedding, but...

The cake was a cake so the antlers etc were all edible sugar or fondant bark.

The menu was not so out there. Bison prime rib is pretty similar to beef prime rib, if not better.  Venison is gamey, but in a chili, probably not so much. Pheasant is not so strange, and certainly salmon is not. MM saying all of these things had to be hunted is also not true, but I guess she is pro-hunting.

The other décor items, like antlers and hides, are pretty typical at "western" events and would not be unusual even at a wedding, if it was western themed.

And while I don't think you should cater your menu to just suit your dad's tastes, it is understandable, and plus none of the choices are weird or out there.

• Love 5

We should call MM, "Grimace", or, instead of RestingBFace, how about All-the-time Bitch Face? 

Such a bad choice for this show!   I believe the other panelists won't bring up certain topics out of respect  for her dad, so it really limits the freedom of the discussion.  

And as an American, I like freedom.

Wait, NO!

As a PATRIOTIC AMERICAN, I FUCKING LOVE FREEDOM. 

Don't clap, audience!!!!!!  Fuck your freedom.  (Unless you agree with me.) 

Does anyone think that the show  may have planted some staffers in the audience to applaud for the exhausting snd exhausted  poor widdle rich girl who has it so "hawd" so that she feels better???? 

• Love 18

Somebody in “The View” thread brought up S.E. Cupp (my apologies bc I can’t recall who or why exactly). I’m assuming as a possible replacement for Elsa. I do like S.E. on the segments I’ve seen her on but when she was on Bill Maher’s show I’m not sure how long ago, she said some things that surprisingly went unchallenged. Made me wonder if that happened because of her looks, just being honest. It’s happened on other occasions as well. 

Besides, S.E. has her own show now so I doubt she’d be a replacement anytime soon. Tara Setmayer has been on “The View.” She could possibly be a good replacement as well, especially as a conservative woman of color. She’s made some questionable statements but she does hold people’s feet to the fire for the most part, regardless of party. 

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, lexytheblasian said:

Somebody in “The View” thread brought up S.E. Cupp (my apologies bc I can’t recall who or why exactly). I’m assuming as a possible replacement for Elsa. I do like S.E. on the segments I’ve seen her on but when she was on Bill Maher’s show I’m not sure how long ago, she said some things that surprisingly went unchallenged. Made me wonder if that happened because of her looks, just being honest. It’s happened on other occasions as well. 

Besides, S.E. has her own show now so I doubt she’d be a replacement anytime soon. Tara Setmayer has been on “The View.” She could possibly be a good replacement as well, especially as a conservative woman of color. She’s made some questionable statements but she does hold people’s feet to the fire for the most part, regardless of party. 

S.E Cupp was a contender.  The show had a  hot topics show behind the scenes, to test the panel's chemistry.  A discussion about Abortion got heated and Whoopie voiced her displeasure about S.E Cupp.  She allegedly said  that she had had many years with Elizabeth/Barbara and did not have the stomach to endure more drama. Then, Nicole was brought in to be a part of the panel.  It is probably why Whoopie liked her so much. Plus, Nicole, was such a brownnoser.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

Why is MM being such a snot?

Especially singling out Joy?  

Who does that on Tv? 

Who does that once they're out of middle school?  

Is party affiliation all MM has?  

Yes.  

It really makes for distasteful --not entertaining and not sparks" --tv. When a person like MM  who should be more intelligent and well-mannered,  cuz of her parents and their means, acts trashy, mean, snotty, and immature.

Money doesn't buy class obviously.  

MM is desperate to make her one-sided feud with Joy a media thing because MM has NOTHING ELSE TO OFFER. 

MM 's snotty remarks directed at Joy are embarrassingly weird and tend to fall flat, as Joy continues being awesome and ignoring her. 

Bitsy was fired from the View and Fox because she was  intensely dumb and tended to confront guests angrily and with mean-spiritedness,, i.e she just wasn't likable (or young enough or capable of significant discussion to distinguish herself from the other journalists or politicsl commentators or whatever the fuck they have named themselves to try to convince us that they're professional anythings). 

Feel free to follow her lead MM. 

• Love 14

I think Meghan would be a very loyal friend( guess Clay thinks so as well) . I'm so happy they are friends, she does a lot of work with and for the gay community.;) 

I enjoyed her more this week than any other.

And while I don't think you should cater your menu to just suit your dad's tastes, it is understandable

It sure is...

I do have to admit, after one of her ism rants I decided to Wiki and see what was said. I was fairly impressed.  If she keeps the shrill to a low, stop barking at people, she may be ok....though I've been burned before, so we'll see

On 12/12/2017 at 11:46 PM, Medicine Crow said:

Even though I hated the segment when it looked like the other co-hosts were babying Meghan and even though I still feel like Meghan needs to stop viewing this as a Republican job and more of a different view one, I still don't really buy this article only because it's the dailymail.

I can believe that she's been having a hard time, because we've seen her say that, but I don't know if I can fully believe this article.

Edited by CheezyXpressed
  • Love 3

IDK, they are slowly reeling me back in.  The repeats have definitely been pro MM.  Which is ok.  Keeps my BP down lol.

I think she is sloooooooooooooooowly loosening up finally.  I was impressed when she spoke of the military function she had that night   with Clay Aiken..thats when MMs true self really comes through and she shines as one cool cat.  When  she separates herself from those dam reps she seems pretty chill.  Its when she feels she has to front the Reps that she gets all shrill. she has to learn to separate the 2 factions. 

• Love 3
On 12/14/2017 at 0:05 PM, slasherboy said:

I've been meaning to say, I can't STAND Megan's shrill voice!  Especially when she's excited or passionate (read: bitchy) about something and it gets more and more shrill.  I wish she would leave.

I know, thats what  gets me the most too.   Maybe a vocal coach.  I don't know if she sings, but even a music coach

• Love 3

Hope you guys don't mind me moving the discussion here, since this is about Meghan more than the show. :)

3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Except for the fact that all the others have not only told Senator McCain they respect and admire him, but have also said the same to Meghan. So I don’t accept that as a reason for her daily passive aggressive attacks against Joy. She even accused Ana of not being a “real Republican” because she supported Jones in Alabama and against 45. And Sunny called it when she said it shouldn’t even have to be a choice when one of the candidates is a Pedophile. And as for her bringing up her father’s cancer-in a snotty way toward Sunny-when Sunny raised the FACT that 45’s father had Alzheimer’s and it was hereditary, Meghan rolled her eyes and he response that that was basically so since my dad has glibiomastoma, are you saying I’ll get it? It was a way to deflect and change the subject because she doesn’t think that it’s a possibility for 45. 

I’m not going to add any more since everyone else pretty much said what I thought about Meghan this week. And plus, I’m not fully recovered and need to concentrate on that.

And I will end on this note: I want that black turtleneck that Ana was wearing on Friday.

I get that, but at the same time I still think it plays a huge role here. McCain was vilified by Trump, but he still voted with his party. He put party before everything and that is what Meghan is trying to emulate here. She may not like Trump, but she really seems to view any attack on Republicans as an attack on her and maybe her father.

I don't think this is the main reason, but it does seem to be a contributing factor on why she gets so emotional for things that don't warrant such fervour.

1 hour ago, DebbieM4 said:

Yes, it's certainly not a viewpoint difference.  It's Meghan vs. Joy because Meghan clearly targets Joy.  She's hell-bent on lecturing, belittling, and emphasizing Joy's name.  Ana and Paula don't do that.  They communicate like adults, so of course Joy responds to them differently.  I have no problem with Joy calling out Meghan for something she's said, or asking for clarification.  If Meghan doesn't like it, that's too bad.  The others question each other all the time without the animosity that Meghan brings to the table nearly every day.  

I also don't buy the whole "her father is sick so she's under stress" excuse.  LOTS of people with ill parents, children, spouses, etc. work and do a damn good job day after day.  On TV, on camera, and everywhere else.  Sure she's stressed, but she's not an icy opinionated bitch and an entitled superior princess because her father is ill.  This is who she is.  (She makes his illness all about her, anyway.)  I've known people who were seriously ill themselves and managed to work without falling back on "I'm stressed" as an excuse for everything.

Sara, who I loved from the beginning, is an entirely different type of person.  She didn't come out with guns blazing.  She found her way and has always gotten along with the others because she tried to fit in, not dominate.  She came in fully aware that she was the newbie, and she respected the others for being more seasoned.  Meghan came in with the attitude that SHE knows more than anyone, and they THEY should be learning from HER.  Sara flourished because she watched, learned, eased herself in, and found her own voice.  That's a big difference, so I think the comparison is not at all valid.  I doubt very much that Meghan will relax or improve.  I think she's an unhappy person to begin with, and if things don't go her way, she takes her ball and goes home having learned nothing about her part in what went wrong.

People handle stress differently, so I don't know if it's fair to say that stress isn't an issue with her. It could be, along with a lot of other stuff, but like I said before I do think it's a contributing factor on why she's just not gelling with the table.

I liked Sara too, but she definitely had to find her footing with the show. That's what I meant about Meghan. Right now she sees herself as the only Republican, when she should just see herself as Meghan.

I'm not sure who told her that she had to always go after Joy, but she needs to calm down and just speak on what she knows instead of what she thinks other people don't know. If she's getting her information from her father and what she's learned from him, then I can see why she'd be so defensive.

Again, I do think she needs to slow it down when it comes to heated topics, because at this time she just can't handle them. Paula is able to articulate why people do what they do, without it coming off as preachy. Jed was able to say party lines with a smile on her face and still get along with everyone. Ana knows her stuff, but she also speaks freely about issues. Those three have conservative views, but they'll still disagree with the Republicans when they do stupid stuff. I feel like Joy, Sara, and Whoopi would do the same for the Democrats (and I'm sure they have, I just can't remember them at the moment). Meghan needs to learn to do this soon, because she won't last if she continues like this.

Even though I disagree with her, I'd rather she grows from this and becomes better. Because the revolving doors of Republicans is kind of odd to watch.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I get that, but at the same time I still think it plays a huge role here. McCain was vilified by Trump, but he still voted with his party. He put party before everything and that is what Meghan is trying to emulate here. She may not like Trump, but she really seems to view any attack on Republicans as an attack on her and maybe her father.

I don't think this is the main reason, but it does seem to be a contributing factor on why she gets so emotional for things that don't warrant such fervour.

We'll just agree to disagree on this point. Because as someone with just common sense, Meghan should realize and understand that when the others are lambasting or criticizing the actions/backpedaling/tone deafness/lies of specific Republicans during hot topics, she shouldn't take it as an attack against her or her father--and Joy said that last week-she wasn't talking about people who vote Republican, but those that "are in power." And as for her father? I think the rest of the panel continues to coddle her and NOT criticize her father, because she's now on the panel. If she weren't, he would get some criticism on things he's done/hasn't done that the rest of the panel have called others out on. Yet, Senator McCain is exempt from all that.

I seem to recall before the articles started floating around that she was "thisclose" to inking a deal with this show, when she left FOX, it was stated it was so she could spend time with her family. Yet, shortly right after, she's on this show. If this is a very difficult time for her, and she seems to be Daddy's Little Girl, then she shouldn't have agreed to come on this show.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Hope you guys don't mind me moving the discussion here, since this is about Meghan more than the show. :)

People handle stress differently, so I don't know if it's fair to say that stress isn't an issue with her. It could be, along with a lot of other stuff, but like I said before I do think it's a contributing factor on why she's just not gelling with the table.

I liked Sara too, but she definitely had to find her footing with the show. That's what I meant about Meghan. Right now she sees herself as the only Republican, when she should just see herself as Meghan.

I'm not sure who told her that she had to always go after Joy, but she needs to calm down and just speak on what she knows instead of what she thinks other people don't know. If she's getting her information from her father and what she's learned from him, then I can see why she'd be so defensive.

Again, I do think she needs to slow it down when it comes to heated topics, because at this time she just can't handle them. Paula is able to articulate why people do what they do, without it coming off as preachy. Jed was able to say party lines with a smile on her face and still get along with everyone. Ana knows her stuff, but she also speaks freely about issues. Those three have conservative views, but they'll still disagree with the Republicans when they do stupid stuff. I feel like Joy, Sara, and Whoopi would do the same for the Democrats (and I'm sure they have, I just can't remember them at the moment). Meghan needs to learn to do this soon, because she won't last if she continues like this.

Even though I disagree with her, I'd rather she grows from this and becomes better. Because the revolving doors of Republicans is kind of odd to watch.

I didn't say that stress isn't an issue for her.  I'm sure it is.  New job, seriously ill father, I get that.  What I had said, though, is that stress doesn't excuse everything, and IMO doesn't at all explain why she is the way she is.   I doubt very much that she was a kinder person with better communication and people skills prior to her father becoming ill.  

I do agree that she should speak about what she knows.  The problem, however, is that she seems to feel she's an expert on everything and that she has inside knowledge and experience that no one else has.  Her superior attitude is going to be her downfall, and likely has cost her in the past.  I also agree that the revolving door of Republicans is odd to watch, but I'm opposed to her staying on until she grows.  First, I think it's extremely unlikely to happen, and second, I find watching her pretty odd, and significantly worse than the prospect of searching for someone who can speak intelligently and articulately without curling up into a self-pitying ball or a becoming a raging bitch several times a week.   

As I had said previously, I was excited about Meghan joining this show.  I thought Jed was awful, and I was happy to see her go.  I thought Meghan would bring interesting insight and a different point of view.  I thought she'd be able to hold her own, and that the level of conversation would rise.  I had no idea she was so immature and self-righteous.  I cut her a lot of slack when so many posters here were criticizing her at first.  But I can't do that anymore.  She's shown us who she is.  And it's unpleasant.

(Thanks for moving this, btw.  Much more appropriate here!!)  :-)

• Love 7

from @GHScorpiosRule

Is she socially liberal? I wouldn't know it to hear her talk. At this point, she's all talktalktalk. But she does make it clear that the media is the evuhl incarnate devil and cannot be trusted, and only she can 'splain her Party to us dumb folks, as that is her job. Which, no. it's not. It really isn't. Her job is to give HER opinions on issues.

(from the episode thread) 

MM considers herself to be "socially liberal"  because of her stance on LGBT issues.  

I agree, she needs to stop doing two things: 1) explaining how "trump's base" feels and thinks (I hope Whoopi's bass playing pantomime puts an end to that) just OWN her opinions - say what she thinks, not what her "conservative friends, or members of her party, or other republicans"  think - just give an opinion that isn't prefaced by "as a conservative.." 

2) stop making things about her that are not about her.   When she asked about the "Jarvanka"  thing, she wasn't trying to understand it, she was somehow trying to take the focus off of Ivanka and onto herself. (enough what you think about her, what do you think about ME?)  Then I got it.  MM's dad ran for president against Obama. He lost.  If John McCain had won, Meghan would have had a turn being "Jarvanka" - IN the white house, influencing her dad, close to the action, etc.   She can't handle Ivanka getting any attention at all, without having that thought "it should have been ME." 

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Not always.

Just to be on the safe side I'm moving this here...only because I don't want to get deleted again lol. (mods, this might sound political but I do have a point that ties into Meghan's role on the View...so have mercy please)

As a Canadian, I don't know much about McCain's politics and how he was before the run against Obama. However, what I've noticed is that lately he's spoken out against Trump, but he's still voted with the Republicans in everything. That's what I meant when I said Meghan is trying to emulate her father on the show. She may disagree with Trump, but she's putting party before logic and choosing to defend Trump no matter what. It's also the reason why she can't understand why Ana is a Republican even though Ana clearly hates Trump. And even though Ana has always been like this and never deviated from her views, but we've seen, just like Meghan said, all the Republicans fall in line.

Again, this is just due to my limited knowledge on how things were like before. But I think Meghan, even though she has nothing of value to say, is showing us what Republicans and the regular ones really are like in this current climate.

That's also why I think if Ana becomes a permanent host then Meghan should stay too just so we can see the dynamic between the two. With Joy, people can say it's a democrat republican thing, but with Ana you can't say that because she's a republican and smart.

1 minute ago, CheezyXpressed said:

However, what I've noticed is that lately he's spoken out against Trump, but he's still voted with the Republicans in everything

He voted against the Obamacare "Repeal." I respond only to support he doesn't always follow the party line.

From 1/22/2018 thread:

4 minutes ago, Tosia said:

And why didn't Fox keep her?????

If I recall correctly, I read or heard she was leaving to "spend time with her family." And then a week or so later, rumors abounded how she was replacing Jed, and then rumors became facts, when she showed up here.

Wow, Meghan will be on the Late Night Show with Stephen Colbert. I haven’t watched her interview with him yet but I find this to be very interesting, especially because Mr. Colbert is a part of the anti-Trump liberal media that she detests so much on The View. I wonder if this is some sort of PR stunt given all the backlash she receives daily online? I’ll withhold my observations but that was my initial thought when I found out that she would be on his show.

UPDATE: She’s much more likable but seems very nervous. Also, she once again said that she has a “cold, dark heart.” I don’t want to get flagged so I’ll leave it at that. Oh and she did bring up Joy. 

Edited by lexytheblasian
I watched the interview.
  • Love 3

Wow.   Meghan says she knew people were liberal, but she didn't know people were "quite as liberal as Joy Behar!" What the hell does that mean? 

Interesting that she says she can't wait for her father to get well so he can go back to Washington and go against trump.   Meghan, honey, then maybe you can stop being such a trump-head yourself.  

Edited by backformore
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, backformore said:

Interesting that she says she can't wait for her father to get well so he can go back to Washington and go against trump.   Meghan, honey, then maybe you can stop being such a trump-head yourself.  

Or, oh, I don't know, stop turning on the water works every time she mentions him on this show, and acts like he'll be dead within the week. She's such a two-faced, uninformed, ignorant twat.

• Love 7

I saw Colbert and I felt very uneasy about MM. She seems to have multiple personalities. And of course she had to comment on Joy. Plus I am so sick of hearing about her family but then that is the only thing she has going for herself, imo.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 9
16 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

I saw Colbert and I felt very uneasy about MM. She seems to have multiple personalities

Talking about her wedding - first she said nobody got drunk at the reception, which she was happy about.  then, a minute or two later, she said that she wanted her wedding to be a big drunk party with a lot of whiskey and bison.   ??

She also does this weird thing where she "puts on"  an country, relaxed" persona, indicated by talking out of the side of her mouth.   She did the same thing on The View, when she was talking about the guys she met wearing MAGA hats. 

Most times, she seems really uptight and brittle, then tries to be this "country gal" character who doesn't care about girly stuff or fancy eatin'.  Her face and speech change when she breaks into that character.  It's like she's doing an ad for that farmers only dating site, "city folk just don't get it."  

• Love 13

Oy vey, the shoulder pads on that red suit! 

And it was tight enough to see where her her spanx ended and her waist rolls began.  

Sooooo, why was MM on Colbert????

Because she's on the View?  To give an update on her dad?  Talk about her wedding?  Drop political names?  Okayyyyy. 

She is nobody of any import. 

What can she talk about otherwise?  Or if she's ever on another talk show again?  Nada. 

• Love 6