Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

So she quits a job because one of her coworkers didn't miss her, but she thinks she's tough enough to run for office?

Can't you just see MM screaming at her constituents all day long? 😳😝😂

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

So she quits a job because one of her coworkers didn't miss her, but she thinks she's tough enough to run for office?

She'd run from her constituents Sinema-style 

• Love 14

Article from the Washington Post, via Yahoo:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/meghan-mccains-fights-view-were-121454081.html

It's hard to assess Meghan McCain's tenure on "The View." On the one hand, she fought relentlessly with her co-hosts as the show's lone conservative for most of her run. On the other hand, politically tinged smackdowns and heated debates are exactly what "The View" has always thrived on.

And McCain has sent mixed messages. When she announced her planned departure in July to spend more time with her family, she called her co-hosts "strong, brilliant, intelligent and incredible broadcasters," and the nearly four years she worked with them "one of the hands-down greatest, most exhilarating, wonderful privileges of my entire life."

But in a new audiobook released Thursday - "Bad Republican" - McCain says the ABC show's work environment was "toxic" and contends that clashes with left-leaning colleagues such as Whoopi Goldberg and Joy Behar were not playacting - they really were as rancorous as they seemed on television. The tension and animosity between her and her fellow panelists that radiated off the screen was apparently genuine, and for McCain, deeply unpleasant.

McCain's memoir and promotional appearances this week have prompted questions about her television future, on top of her gig as a columnist for the Daily Mail.

Her next stop could be the network she worked for between 2015 and 2017, the Fox News Channel. She says in the book that her decision to leave Fox was driven by her desire to tend to her father, then-Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., who had recently been diagnosed with brain cancer.

Much of her press for the audiobook has included advocacy for more progressive parental leave policies, and she praises Fox's plan. "For all its flaws, Fox is a family company," she writes.

When she announced plans to leave "The View" in July, a Fox News spokesperson said, "Meghan McCain is a star and we are always interested in exceptional talent." Network representatives did not respond when asked this week whether the network has had any formal talks with McCain.

But it was notable that McCain chose Sean Hannity's show on Fox News for her first television interview on Tuesday. On the show, she inveighed against "the liberal media" and "the radical left," the latter being one of Hannity's go-to phrases. "Being a conservative woman in mainstream media is deeply threatening," she said.

• Useful 2

https://news.yahoo.com/meghan-mccain-says-she-suffered-163127521.html

So I guess she is implying the stress of being asked to elaborate on things she had said previously caused her miscarriage.

I always knew Meghan would want to run for office.   Really doubt she would win though. She is not well liked on either side.   And each side has a treasure trove of past remarks (with video from the View!) to use against her. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

So I guess she is implying the stress of being asked to elaborate on things she had said previously caused her miscarriage.

That's really disgusting to try and imply the way Seth interviewed had some part in her having a miscarriage. 

• Love 17
29 minutes ago, Jaded said:

That's really disgusting to try and imply the way Seth interviewed had some part in her having a miscarriage. 

Especially since Seth is known as one of the nicest people in the business. 

• Love 17
On 10/20/2021 at 1:53 PM, Gemma Violet said:

This is what I've been thinking.  How does she think she will ever get another job in TV news?  Talk about burning bridges.  Anyone hiring her will know that she will spill all their secrets when she leaves their employ.  (Unless maybe they have her sign an NDA.)  Plus, since the View is under the ABC news division, all those people talk to contacts they have in the news industry.  Her name will be mud.

She’s already setting herself up to go to Fox. I’ve read that when she was on Fox she commented on how supportive her besties at Fox continue to be,etc. She’ll be back there soon .

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

If she is still whining about a polite discourse with Seth Meyers (and now clearly implying the stress of it led to miscarriage), she needs to give up the fantasy of a political career. And she needs to stop pretending she has any real future as a media personality as well. They literally don't get nicer than Seth Meyers.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Jaded said:
1 hour ago, ifionlyknew said:

It also sets women in the workplace back a century.  Pregnancy is not an illness nor a disability. Working hard, lifting heavy objects, changes in air pressure, emotional interviews,etc do no cause miscarriages. Look at the world around you…women continue to conceive and give birth in the most horrific circumstances. 

This type of “dialogue “gives men a platform in which to make decisions regarding women in the workplace including politics. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 15

38 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

It also sets women in the workplace back a century.  Pregnancy is not an illness nor a disability. Working hard, lifting heavy objects, changes in air pressure, emotional interviews,etc do no cause miscarriages. Look at the world around you…women continue to conceive and give birth in the most horrific circumstances. 

This type of “dialogue “gives men a platform in which to make decisions regarding women in the workplace including politics. 

To be fair, after reading the original article, she doesn't put any blame on Seth Myers or the stress of an interview. Since this is MM, of course, she states that she originally considered how her lifestyle and career choices might have resulted in the miscarriage. But then she says this:

"I used to argue on television for a living and I thought if maybe I had more of a serene environment or I was a calmer person or I was younger that this wouldn't have happened," she said, accoriding to ET. "I know from medical advice from my doctors that it's not true. But women blame themselves [when] things like that happen. I just don't want people to feel so alone. I felt really alone throughout the whole thing."

So, it wasn't about Seth. It was about her. And she wants you all to know that her being an a**hole is just fine and hasn't impacted her ability to have children. 

Here's the article: https://www.insider.com/meghan-mccain-suffered-miscarriage-after-interview-with-seth-meyers-2021-10

The title of the article really does pull the reader in by implying a connection between the two events. Journalism!

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, nichelle said:

To be fair, after reading the original article, she doesn't put any blame on Seth Myers or the stress of an interview. Since this is MM, of course, she states that she originally considered how her lifestyle and career choices might have resulted in the miscarriage. But then she says this:

"I used to argue on television for a living and I thought if maybe I had more of a serene environment or I was a calmer person or I was younger that this wouldn't have happened," she said, accoriding to ET. "I know from medical advice from my doctors that it's not true. But women blame themselves [when] things like that happen. I just don't want people to feel so alone. I felt really alone throughout the whole thing."

So, it wasn't about Seth. It was about her. And she wants you all to know that her being an a**hole is just fine and hasn't impacted her ability to have children. 

Here's the article: https://www.insider.com/meghan-mccain-suffered-miscarriage-after-interview-with-seth-meyers-2021-10

The title of the article really does pull the reader in by implying a connection between the two events. Journalism!

Meghan didn't need to say when she miscarried by saying it was a day after her "disaster" interview with Seth. I watched her for four years on the View to know she deliberately mentioned the timing. She knew what the headline would probably be. Meghan is an expert at framing things to make her appear to be the victim.  

• Love 17
25 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

Meghan didn't need to say when she miscarried by saying it was a day after her "disaster" interview with Seth. I watched her for four years on the View to know she deliberately mentioned the timing. She knew what the headline would probably be. Meghan is an expert at framing things to make her appear to be the victim.  

That's fine. I eventually bailed on watching her on The View as I don't care to watch people I do not like. And I believe you that she connected them by default by mentioning them together. So she did herself no favors.

My point was that when reading the article, she doesn't say that the stress of the interview had some part in her miscarriage. So if its based on the article. it's not a fair assumption. I'm the last person to defend her. But I do believe in holding people accountable to what they say and do. So, I provided the quote from the article in which she says she originally thought they were related. She had shared the headlines regarding the interview with her doctor.  But her doctor provided some education and made the point that they are not related.

Edited by nichelle
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

Another Fox appearance by Meghan today.  She was on a show called MediaBuzz this morning.  It was more of the same--poor me, poor me, poor me.  To his credit, the host at least said, "Some people say you are portraying yourself as a victim.  What do you say to that?"  Of course, Meghan denied that--she doesn't think of herself as a victim, blah, blah, blah.    

The host also asked her about Seth and the miscarriage and the way he asked the question unfortunately did imply that the two were connected.  Meghan's answer was a word salad.

He asked her about doing more TV.  She said she's happy doing what she's doing now and not bringing negativity home.  However, she did say that contrary to what people think, she has gotten TV offers.  And she once again complimented the people at Fox.  

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

Perhaps the issue after her embarrassing interview with Seth was her husband's homophobic defense of her. For a woman who claims to be an Ally, it had to cause some household friction and stress when her husband thought he was defending her honor by calling Seth Myers a gay slur in a tweet (which is now conveniently deleted). 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, YNWA said:

Perhaps the issue after her embarrassing interview with Seth was her husband's homophobic defense of her. For a woman who claims to be an Ally, it had to cause some household friction and stress when her husband thought he was defending her honor by calling Seth Myers a gay slur in a tweet (which is now conveniently deleted). 

Woah! I must have missed this. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Woah! I must have missed this. 

Here is an article from that time...

Meghan McCain’s Husband Ben Domenech Goes on Unhinged Homophobic Rant Against ‘Cuck’ Seth Meyers (thedailybeast.com)

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, YNWA said:

Here is an article from that time...

Meghan McCain’s Husband Ben Domenech Goes on Unhinged Homophobic Rant Against ‘Cuck’ Seth Meyers (thedailybeast.com)

Thank you! I’ll be honest and say I didn’t know that was a homophobic slur. 

• Love 4
20 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

If Meghan is being truthful about still being in contact with Sunny..that would explain how moody Sunny is nowadays.  A bad apple ruins the whole apple orchard...and after all, didn't she allegedly cause Sara H to jump ship for awhile?

I've been wondering if she went to Sunny's birthday shindig

3 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Thank you! I’ll be honest and say I didn’t know that was a homophobic slur. 

Well, there is also the portion where Ben mentions "gargling" a certain section of Lorne Micheal's anatomy.  That Ben is quite a prize!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

She said she's happy doing what she's doing now and not bringing negativity home. 

Oh, well shit, thank god for that because where would it have fit?  They would have had to move all of their own homegrown negativity out into the garage or something to make room for it.  🙄

• LOL 5
1 minute ago, YNWA said:

Well, there is also the portion where Ben mentions "gargling" a certain section of Lorne Micheal's anatomy.  That Ben is quite a prize!

Yikes! I hadn’t had a chance to find the article yet. I couldn’t click. Shame on Ben! 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Yikes! I hadn’t had a chance to find the article yet. I couldn’t click. Shame on Ben! 

Here you go...

Now that @YNWA reminded us of Mr. Meghan's behavior after that interview the article mentioned something else that happened around that time which we all rolled our eyes at...

Last month, Meghan McCain was awarded the Harvey Milk Foundation’s Lilla Watson Medal for “living authentically and advancing inclusiveness.” As she said on The View the day after the ceremony, “I wanted to make sure they wanted to give me this award because I am a straight, cisgender, conservative woman” before explaining that her “activism with the LGBT community goes back more than a decade.”

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, YNWA said:

How many years ago was that interview? Three or four? Seth is probably going to have to comment on this, and he shouldn't have to. The fact that MM has supremely thin skin and that her husband is hateful isn't Seth's fault. 😡😡😡😡😡

• Love 3
1 minute ago, catlover79 said:

How many years ago was that interview? Three or four? Seth is probably going to have to comment on this, and he shouldn't have to. The fact that MM has supremely thin skin and that her husband is hateful isn't Seth's fault. 😡😡😡😡😡

It feels like it was a lot longer ago than it really was. The article is dated May 8th/9th of 2019.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Wait - am I to understand that Meghan didn't actually write a BOOK?   By my definition, a BOOK is something I can pick up and READ.  You know, turn the paper pages.  Or, download onto my Kindle and READ, clicking on the digital pages.  

How is "Bad Republican" a book, when you can't read it?   I know, some people listen to books being read to them.  But normally, there is also an actual book for those who prefer to read rather than listen. 

By my definition, this is just a recording of Meghan McCain talking.  Who in their right mind wants that?  

• LOL 7
  • Love 10
50 minutes ago, Jaded said:

It feels like it was a lot longer ago than it really was. The article is dated May 8th/9th of 2019.

Thanks. Anyway, the interview is on Seth Meyers' YouTube channel. I would have posted it but wasn't sure if it would violate board rules. He was so polite and kind to her, too.

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Wait - am I to understand that Meghan didn't actually write a BOOK?   By my definition, a BOOK is something I can pick up and READ.  You know, turn the paper pages.  Or, download onto my Kindle and READ, clicking on the digital pages.  

How is "Bad Republican" a book, when you can't read it?   I know, some people listen to books being read to them.  But normally, there is also an actual book for those who prefer to read rather than listen. 

By my definition, this is just a recording of Meghan McCain talking.  Who in their right mind wants that?  

She didn't write a book, she dictated one. I always had to mute her on TV because her voice sounded like nails on a chalkboard to me. Why would I or anyone else buy an audiobook to hear how many hours on end of just her???

• Love 12

One more thing I just remembered about the MediaBuzz interview from this morning:  Meghan said that years ago trump contacted Meghan's agent and asked if she wanted to be on Celebrity Apprentice which she declined.  She then said that she has a rule that she never does reality television. 

(Of course we know she'd make an exception for Real Housewives.) 🙄

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • LOL 5

I think another thing that's so telling, and this in the summary of the 2nd chapter of her "book" from MMitW, is that when the husband steps out to take a nap in the car, after she gives birth, and the nurses tell her that, she takes it to mean that he has literally left her. That marriage has got to be a hot fucking mess. 

8 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

However, she did say that contrary to what people think, she has gotten TV offers.  And she once again complimented the people at Fox.  

I’m calling it. She’ll be back at Fox. She’ll make a living out of badmouthing the View. Let’s not forget she did get fired after an investigation. 
More importantly let us not forget Star Jones who was also fired, badmouthed the View, wrote a book and was not seen again aside from the Apprentice. But then again, Star was only an attorney and not the daughter of an American Dynesty.   

• Love 2
3 hours ago, catlover79 said:

Why would I or anyone else buy an audiobook to hear how many hours on end of just her???

Because you don’t really have to buy it with real money. If you are an Amazon member you get Audible books for free. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

7 hours ago, catlover79 said:

She didn't write a book, she dictated one. I always had to mute her on TV because her voice sounded like nails on a chalkboard to me. Why would I or anyone else buy an audiobook to hear how many hours on end of just her???

General definition of masochism: the enjoyment of what appears to be painful or tiresome

• Love 1
11 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

Because you don’t really have to buy it with real money. If you are an Amazon member you get Audible books for free. 

But you have to pay a monthly fee of $14 for the service.

If FOX hires her BACK, it will be the first time they've rehired someone they fired.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I lost a long ramble when I went to re- read the rules . But is she avoiding lawsuits by not having written word?  Since her husband has a long history of plagiarism and taking money for putting a positive take on Malaysia. The other day I looked him up and am wondering how she could live with the guy who believes in chicken pox parties and not social distancing.  How can he claim to be Christian while calling someone a bag of pus and calling a nominee  gay when they are not ,and when told to correct it he wrote guess she’s still in the closet. She was always clutching  her pearls when sex was brought up because of her in-laws and this is what they produced?  I’m not Christian so am ok with saying they are both pieces of shit. 

• Love 16
12 hours ago, TheView said:

Really did not like the woman on the bottom row.  She was very dismissive of the View viewers.  Said viewers didn't know most of the on air fighting  was exaggerated.  

They also said Joy wasn't representative of the left.  I'm pretty sure Joy doesn't consider herself that and I don't think viewers see her that way either. They also said the cohosts don't discuss politics in the right way.  I can only speak for myself but I don't watch the View to hear political discussions the way I would hear on political discussions on  Meet the Press.  

Not that the View was a shining light on a hill before Meghan McCain joined but her (almost) four years as a cohost really contributed to the negative response that a lot of people have towards the show.  

• Love 9

There's apparently push-back on Meghan's allegation that Jarvanka crashed the funeral.  According to WaPo, Lindsey Graham is saying the invitation was cleared with Cindy McCain.  And a source close to Jarvanka is now saying that Meghan and Ben "pestered" them (Jarvanka) with dinner invitations after the funeral.  

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

And a source close to Jarvanka is now saying that Meghan and Ben "pestered" them (Jarvanka) with dinner invitations after the funeral.  

I 100% believe this.  Meghan so wanted to be part of a power couple. Maybe she thought if they were friends with Jarvanka her and Ben would be power couple adjacent.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

I 100% believe this.  Meghan so wanted to be part of a power couple. Maybe she thought if they were friends with Jarvanka her and Ben would be power couple adjacent.

Maybe that's why she was loathe to criticize the last administration in her final season, even after all the horrible personal things that were said about her dad. What a sellout.

Edited by catlover79
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

They also said Joy wasn't representative of the left.  I'm pretty sure Joy doesn't consider herself that and I don't think viewers see her that way either. 

I see Joy as someone who looks like she is so much fun to be with. Meghan...not so much.

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

I see Joy as someone who looks like she is so much fun to be with. Meghan...not so much.

I'm sure genetics and money help, but I think a big part of why Joy is so age defying is she does like to have a lot of fun and has a great attitude toward life overall. She can get upset by things as we all do, but she's not a permanent sourpuss like Meghan.  

• Love 11
2 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Her publicist must have People magazine on speed dial. They are constantly doing stories about Meghan.

Lol--Meghan won't like this:  People has picked up the funeral story:

https://people.com/politics/lindsey-graham-reiterates-ivanka-and-jared-didnt-crash-john-mccains-funeral/

But South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham, a longtime McCain family friend, pushed back on this version, telling The Washington Post this week: "[Meghan] was upset they were there — I understand that, and she has hard feelings but I know what happened and nobody showed up uninvited."

This echoes what a McCain family friend told PEOPLE in 2019: "There were a lot of people involved in the planning of the funeral, and she [Meghan] does not know whose list they were on."

• Useful 3