Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Jaded

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 3:25 PM, deirdra said:

I don't remember it being all about politics until Missy joined The View.  I've cut my TV viewing in half since they show the same clips and make the same comments as Trevor Noah or Stephen Colbert or Samantha Bee (and probably a lot of other shows I never watch) made the night before. 

I agree. The show changed entirely once McCain joined. It wasn’t just the tantrums and the toxicity, but also the end of anything non-political. They used to talk about sex, relationships, parental issues, celeb gossip, etc. and that was still going on as recently as the season just before McCain, because I remember Sara, Paula, and Sunny often talking about those things. Politics were generally the first two segments only. But when McCain came on, she would make the whole segment about how she has “nothing to say” and throw a hissyfit if it wasn’t politics. The only thing she would show any interest in aside from that was Real Housewives and I don’t think most of the others gave a shit about RHs. She even chased Abby off because Abby tried to talk about her own children. The woman is a complete nutjob.

• Like 14
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, UpTooLate said:

According to People Magazine, she's anticipating being back on The View in about three weeks. Noooooo!

It makes sense. With COVID and the way the show is being done now, it's probably easier for her to come back to work sooner since she doesn't have to go anywhere.

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

3 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

According to People Magazine, she's anticipating being back on The View in about three weeks. Noooooo!

Of course, she is coming back in record time. Did anyone think she was going to stay off for three months? 

She is going to be glued to her remote connection during this election time!

Remember she is the "political analyst" for the show. UGH

• Like 4
  • Sad 5

1 hour ago, Cementhead said:

To me, Sage is a super chill, hippy, free love sounding name which makes it a strange choice for someone who  is absolutely and positively none of those things. 

Sage in French means wise, sensible good and well-behaved..

• Useful 2

So now I know Sage is a nod to Arizona. I'm half way there.

Why Liberty???

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

7 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Why Liberty???

Because she believes in freedom! 

• Like 3

Oh big Whoop. She finally expelled her spawn.

She's not the first woman to give birth; nor will she be the last.

Yeah, I said it. I wasn't worried about her absence, nor was I hoping she or everything was okay. She has demonstrated and proven that she is a vile, nasty piece of goods. Who just happened to also get pregnant.

• Like 12
  • Laugh 4

When I saw last night what Meghan had named her baby I immediately burst out laughing, so I decided to wait a day before commenting to see if time would change my reaction. 

It didn't. HAHA.

• Like 11
  • Laugh 8

My first thought was that people will call her "Lib" for short.   Which is what her peeps like to call liberals generally in a derogatory way......

• Like 4
  • Laugh 12

Unless I missed it, there seems to be no info on the baby's birth weight.  Not that I care.

• Laugh 1

2 hours ago, OnTime said:

Why Liberty???

"...with justice and liberty for all." ???

• Laugh 1

Exclusive photos of Little Miss Liberty's nursery from their upcoming People magazine spread: (no, not really)

Hey look -- They finally found a crib!

crib.jpg.6588cc24f3285b446315322cbb61f0b2.jpg

imagesss.jpg.bc0a8c266a2e5e62bbb49f150d594b9c.jpg

shelf.jpg.12b0b43caf2692f1fd9daa86884a32d8.jpg

Edited by Cementhead
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 12

2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Also in English. 😉

• Like 6
  • Laugh 1

2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

huh, so the antithesis of her mom

• Like 1
  • Laugh 8

2 hours ago, TheView said:

Because she believes in freedom! 

Early yesterday  I checked her Twitter and she’s removed all the tough chick descriptionS  and just has live free or die.  

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1

I accidentally posted this in the weekly thread, then noticed a note not to talk about it there, so I'm moving it here.

I'm glad Meghan had her baby, and that by all reports, mother and daughter are healthy. I hope she falls so in love with motherhood that she decides not the squander a moment, and resigns from The View.

If you get through pregnancy, birth, and delivery okay, the work-from-home element of the pandemic seems like it would help a new mother get back to work more quickly. I don't think I could have come back in three weeks though. Of course Meghan can afford household help. That would change the equation. Plus, it's not like The View is (or at least has to be) a full time job.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, After7Only said:

My first thought was that people will call her "Lib" for short.   Which is what her peeps like to call liberals generally in a derogatory way......

Well Whoopi called her Libby, and i said Liberty, as in statue of.  Liberty Sage McCain..a..dont have his surname...Domenech?   Not sure abt that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

It was funny that the ladies congratulated Meghan and kept forgetting about Ben and his contribution to the baby.

Whoopi: The baby's name is Liberty Sage McCain.......oh and Domenich.

Sara: Congrats to Meghan....oh and Ben.

LOL, it made me laugh that they forget about him completely. It makes me think that while they know Meghan, they don't know much about Ben or care for him.

Bringing this from the main episode tread.

This part was hilarious. Everyone knows it's the McCain name that is going to help that child. Legacy, legacy. Lol now I'm thinking about that episode where Joy mentions legacy schools and Meghun makes it about her family legacy.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Eary yesterday  I checked her Twitter and she’s removed all the tough chick descriptionS  and just has live free or die.  

Ahhh the bonds of Motherhood are taking hold hehe

PLUS did y'all see it was Natl Daughter Day ?yesterday i think.  What timing lol.  Guess we know now that shell be back by the big day. Plus is she planning an escape to NH anytime soon? Please heh

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

It makes sense. With COVID and the way the show is being done now, it's probably easier for her to come back to work sooner since she doesn't have to go anywhere.

Plus it might be limited at first, like 2 hrs instead 5. 

Building her strength back up

9 minutes ago, falltime said:

Bringing this from the main episode tread.

This part was hilarious. Everyone knows it's the McCain name that is going to help that child. Legacy, legacy. Lol now I'm thinking about that episode where Joy mentions legacy schools and Meghun makes it about her family legacy.

Maybe they should have gone with Legacy instead of Liberty lol.  I do find something endearing about Liberty  Sage

2 hours ago, After7Only said:

This is too funny!

• Like 4
  • Laugh 1

22 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

PLUS did y'all see it was Natl Daughter Day ?yesterday i think. 

It was last week.

5 minutes ago, bannana said:

Meghan is now tweeting about the baby and watching the debate.  

Of course she is. 

• Laugh 7

16 minutes ago, bannana said:

Another pundint in the making. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

1 hour ago, mongoose said:

"...with justice and liberty for all." ???

It's probably because of that, but if the child ends up being like her parents then people are going to think that Meghan and Ben named her after Liberty from The Boys.

• Like 1
  • Surprise 1

4 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I don't remember it being all about politics until Missy joined The View.  I've cut my TV viewing in half since they show the same clips and make the same comments as Trevor Noah or Stephen Colbert or Samantha Bee (and probably a lot of other shows I never watch) made the night before. 

It was fairly political before Meghan.

Bitsy and her Great AmeriCain t-shirt, "what about Obama?" after every single comment about McCain, her  Palin love and Jedablah's endless word was "policy" about Hilary Clinton.

It just seems worse now with Meghan the political analyst, who must say she is a conservative republican in every other sentence and makes buying a bottle of shampoo political.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

I have liberty literally had the "Liberty, Liberty, Liberty!" jingle going through my head all day long.    😩

• Like 3
  • Laugh 9

1 hour ago, bannana said:

I really wouldn't wish this on anyone, but I'm kind of wishing that baby Liberty/Libby/Lib whatever, decides to be super fussy and cry for the entire debate, so Meghan won't be able to pay attention.  

Just because it annoys the hell out of me that she is already out of "Mommy mode" and back to politics.  (And, I seriously hope that this baby grows up to be a Democrat!!!)  

• Like 12

28 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I really wouldn't wish this on anyone, but I'm kind of wishing that baby Liberty/Libby/Lib whatever, decides to be super fussy and cry for the entire debate, so Meghan won't be able to pay attention.  

Just because it annoys the hell out of me that she is already out of "Mommy mode" and back to politics.  (And, I seriously hope that this baby grows up to be a Democrat!!!)  

Don't worry, I have a feeling the Baby Nurse will be caring for Little Lib during the debate so Mommy MeAgain and Brilliant Ben are not distracted.  I would not be surprised if she tweets during and after.  She feels it's her duty as the only Conservative Woman on the most watched political talk show in all of tv land.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, bannana said:

Shouldn't she be concentrating on her baby?  Megan is just weird, most mothers are enthralled and fascinated with their new baby..

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

We will be watching her first debate as a family together tonight!

Lib has already been in politics for 9 months so she will be the most well-informed conservative newborn watching tonight. I guess newborns aren't kept in hospital nurseries these days. Phew, she was thisclose to being the only conservative in the nursery. 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 12

3 minutes ago, suomi said:

Lib has already been in politics for 9 months so she will be the most well-informed conservative newborn watching tonight. I guess newborns aren't kept in hospital nurseries these days. Phew, she was thisclose to being the only conservative in the nursery. 

She'll give her hard-hitting political insights on the Baby Fox News Channel wearing a blonde wig. 

• Laugh 7

MeAgain is keeping up with Twitter. She liked a tweet an hour ago posted by EP Teta bragging about ratings being up. Guess Little Lib is busy bonding with the hired help. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Cementhead said:

I have liberty literally had the "Liberty, Liberty, Liberty!" jingle going through my head all day long.    😩

There’s also the old school Libby’s! Libby’s! Libby’s! commercials. 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1

2 hours ago, AryasMum said:

Oh my @AryasMum you just took me waaaaay back hehe.  I remember those ads.  In fact the first day of a new job i was introduced to a co worker named Libby to which i immediately sang that ad LOL. She must have never seen it and thought i was being a rude and how dare i.  I felt so bad and we never did get to be friends.  Oh the memories.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

MeAgain retweeted Joy's tweet.

Edited by bannana · Reason: deleted one cuz it could be considered political
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 1

13 hours ago, OnTime said:

Unless I missed it, there seems to be no info on the baby's birth weight.  Not that I care.

Meghan always says she doesn't care about weight.

• Laugh 5

6 hours ago, AryasMum said:

• Like 1
  • Laugh 8

23 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

It was last week.

Of course she is. 

Oh that figures.  I'm always late for somerhing.  But you know, i had a weird feeling because I  hadnt heard anyhing about it.  But there were stuffs for sale everywhere with that on them. So i figured i was close enough and sent a card to my Mom and my Sister.

helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.