Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Jaded

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Thanks. Am I the only one who finds it odd that meghan will only talk about being pregnant outside of The View?  She might be a lot more relatable if she didn't act like The View was only about politics and Real Housewives. 

I think she did the same with her miscarriage. It was months after that first article when she finally said it on The View. I know she would also bring up the miscarriage on social media before mentioning it on The View.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder once the kid is born whether she will continue to refuse to talk about children on the View.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I wonder once the kid is born whether she will continue to refuse to talk about children on the View.

I was going to say that she'll probably still actively avoid participating by saying something bitchy like "I don't know, I only have a newborn so I have nothing to add" for at least a year, but then the thought of this miserable, undeserving broad still having a seat at the table a year from now is just too depressing and rage inducing to even go there. 

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Thanks. Am I the only one who finds it odd that meghan will only talk about being pregnant outside of The View?  She might be a lot more relatable if she didn't act like The View was only about politics and Real Housewives. 

I think Meghan looks down on the View audience. And her co workers for that matter.  I think she thinks only her social media followers are worthy of hearing her talk about personal things.

 

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

While I've never been pregnant, I do find it so eyeroll worthy her statement referring to pregnancy as "the struggle is real" as if it's an equal rights issue, fighting for equality, etc. You know? Being pregnant is a natural part of life for those who are able to carry. I mean, what's the struggle? Are people poo-pooing her when she complains about it?

She no matter what will always try portray herself as some sort of victim.  With her everything is a struggle.

  • Like 16
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, blondiec0332 said:

I think Meghan looks down on the View audience. And her co workers for that matter.  I think she thinks only her social media followers are worthy of hearing her talk about personal things.

 

I think you really nailed it here, wow.  Very insightful and something that had not occurred to me before reading you express it just now. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Cementhead said:

I was going to say that she'll probably still actively avoid participating by saying something bitchy like "I don't know, I only have a newborn so I have nothing to add" for at least a year, but then the thought of this miserable, undeserving broad still having a seat at the table a year from now is just too depressing and rage inducing to even go there. 

I feel your pain.

the view GIF by Splinter

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post

59 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

She no matter what will always try portray herself as some sort of victim.  With her everything is a struggle.

Bingo. 

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

She might be a lot more relatable if she didn't act like The View was only about politics and Real Housewives. 

But it IS all about politics...especially when you compare it to BW's original version.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, MsTree said:

But it IS all about politics...especially when you compare it to BW's original version.

My point is, it doesn't have to be.  Meghan is on a talk show every day.  A show that prides itself as being about women.  Yet, when she goes on other shows, or is interviewed for a magazine,  THAT is when she talks about being pregnant,  having a miscarriage,  or other personal topics.  Guests go on The View to be vulnerable,  to talk about personal topics, but meghan won't. Its part of what makes her look like a cold, aloof bitch.

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, MsTree said:

But it IS all about politics...especially when you compare it to BW's original version.

I don't remember it being all about politics until Missy joined The View.  I've cut my TV viewing in half since they show the same clips and make the same comments as Trevor Noah or Stephen Colbert or Samantha Bee (and probably a lot of other shows I never watch) made the night before. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, deirdra said:

I don't remember it being all about politics until Missy joined The View. 

It was a gradual process. Admittedly, I tuned out for a couple years, but it seems once Whoopi took over as moderator full time, more & more politics became the topic of conversation.

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, MsTree said:

It was a gradual process. Admittedly, I tuned out for a couple years, but it seems once Whoopi took over as moderator full time, more & more politics became the topic of conversation.

Whoopi has been on the show for a long time. But political discussion started when Rosie hosted the first time. And it occurred before then, when Star what's her name was on. They always somewhat discussed politics.

Rosie made it a topic, and Joy was also on board with that. That is how we ended up with Bitsy spewing talking points from Bill Geddie.

MeAgain has definitely made it a more "political" show. Although, I think Joy would also be a part of that.

The show is very different now from what is was, but I don't think Whoopi is the one who changed it.

  • Like 9
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Personally, I'd rather they talk about politics and important topics than the kind of drivel we hear on The Talk.  Celebrity news and reality shows bore me.

  • Like 15
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Haleth said:

Personally, I'd rather they talk about politics and important topics than the kind of drivel we hear on The Talk.  Celebrity news and reality shows bore me.

Ditto that Haleth.  I think the climate right now is 100% politics.  Which is why the show covers the majority of it.  SO much tends to happen in the late afternoon and night.  And then be up to discuss it bright n early.  Its really become a 24hr gig.  To keep up with it globally.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Haleth said:

Personally, I'd rather they talk about politics and important topics than the kind of drivel we hear on The Talk.  Celebrity news and reality shows bore me.

I'm a fan of The Talk, but always preferred The View. I watch some reality TV, but if I want to watch Real Housewives, I'll put it on Bravo. Right now I really appreciate The Talk's positive energy though. I think The View could be more positive despite being political without Meghan. I like The View best when it's a mix of depth and fun. I watch so many news shows that I'm good without The View being straight politics. 

52 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

Ditto that Haleth.  I think the climate right now is 100% politics.  Which is why the show covers the majority of it.  SO much tends to happen in the late afternoon and night.  And then be up to discuss it bright n early.  Its really become a 24hr gig.  To keep up with it globally.

Anyone else feel they have to keep up with a ton just as a regular person? I'll tell myself to take a break from all the news shows, but even taking a day off from them, I miss SO much. And I like to get different perspectives, so I switch up the shows I watch.

I really like Nicolle Wallace's show (Deadline: White House on MSNBC). I wonder if Meghan is jealous a former View host, someone who even identified herself as a Republican until just last year, is a respected pundit who gets two hours to talk straight politics five days a week. I bet a part of her would kill to be in Nicolle's shoes, but knowing Meghan's personality, she'd probably miss the catfights on The View. 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

I really like Nicolle Wallace's show (Deadline: White House on MSNBC). I wonder if Meghan is jealous a former View host, someone who even identified herself as a Republican until just last year, is a respected pundit who gets two hours to talk straight politics five days a week. I bet a part of her would kill to be in Nicolle's shoes, but knowing Meghan's personality, she'd probably miss the catfights on The View. 

Missy isn't smart enough to do a show like Nicolle's & she certainly can't speak well enough to carry on a conversation with guests, as Nicolle does.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post

On 9/27/2020 at 3:16 AM, bannana said:

Rosie made it a topic, and Joy was also on board with that.

 

19 hours ago, ForumLou said:

I think the climate right now is 100% politics. 

It wasn't so much Rosie wanted to talk about politics. She wanted to talk about more serious topics and politics fell  under that.

There was a lot to talk about politics after President Obama was elected in 2008 but since 2016 there has been almost nothing to talk about except politics.  

Political discussions wouldn't be so bad if not for Meghan. She cannot discuss the subject in a calm rational manner. Any Republican guest host they have had on has been able to that.  Meghan takes things personally and has whataboutism arguments. She is a cheerleader for her team and will support them at all costs.  It doesn't make for pleasant viewing.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

 

It wasn't so much Rosie wanted to talk about politics. She wanted to talk about more serious topics and politics fell  under that.

There was a lot to talk about politics after President Obama was elected in 2008 but since 2016 there has been almost nothing to talk about except politics.  

Political discussions wouldn't be so bad if not for Meghan. She cannot discuss the subject in a calm rational manner. Any Republican guest host they have had on has been able to that.  Meghan takes things personally and has whataboutism arguments. She is a cheerleader for her team and will support them at all costs.  It doesn't make for pleasant viewing.

I can see that. Rosie is an intelligent woman, so I don't blame her for not wanting to do an hour of fluff.

Agreed. She belongs on Fox. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

The 35-year-old View co-host gave birth on Monday night.

I'm surprised she didn't keep it quiet longer!

Liberty Sage Domenech???

Edited by OnTime
  • Like 5
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

My first thought about naming a child Liberty:

 

Ha!  I have to admit to the same, probably because that commercial annoys the crap out of me because it pronounces "liberty" as "liberdee."  Seems like someone dropped the ball on that.

As much as Meghan has said she wanted to keep the pregnancy/baby under wraps because of the twitter meanies, I'm thinking she'll sell the baby photos as an exclusive, maybe to People or Us Weekly.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Liberty Sage McCain Domenech

We knew McCain would be in there somewhere.

They had to. Otherwise her monogram would be LSD. Also, this way her first words will be "My grandfather".

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 12

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder how many PTO days her nurses will be taking after their ordeal.

Edited by suomi
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post

According to People Magazine, she's anticipating being back on The View in about three weeks. Noooooo!

As for the name of the baby, I have to wonder if the Rifles'N'Flag couple are pulling a sly one in choosing the name. There's a gun safe called the "Liberty Safe." It makes me wonder if they're tipping their Totally Authentic cowboy hats to make this a Second Amendment thing.

(My childhood dog was named Liberty Belle, Libby for short. A great dog. I give thumbs up.)

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, suomi said:

I wonder how many PTO days her nurses will be taking after their ordeal.

The thought of Meghan in labor is terrifying.  Congrats to the Domenech family though.  I'm glad everyone is well.  (I assume.)

(Congrats to Vanderboom for anticipating the name.  Liberty is kind of ridiculous as the name of a child, (sounds more like a golden retriever) but Libby is a sweet nickname.)

Edited by Haleth

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/22/2020 at 9:56 PM, Vanderboom said:

I genuinely wished her congratulations on Twitter. I hope all goes well. That said, how much do you want to bet that Meghan positions herself has a hero battling the "stigma" around pregnancy?

Even so, I wish them the best. Let's hope that little Liberty "Libby" Johanna, John "JB" Benjamin, or Madison "Mac" McCain Domenech shows them how to lighten up.

Quoting myself because I totally called it!

Congrats Meghan, Ben, and the McCain-Domenech family.

Edited by Vanderboom
  • Like 11
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

1 minute ago, Gemma Violet said:

 

I saw a comment somewhere that wouldn't it be funny if Libby was shortened to Lib?  😄

Congratulations to them. I Wonder if we will ever see a picture of Baby Lib. They sure didn’t think this all the way through!!

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Liberty Sage McCain Domenech

We knew McCain would be in there somewhere.

I can understand McCain being a family name.

BUT why  anyone would pick the name Liberty Sage?? I just think of  of the Liberty Bell in Philly and Sage the herb.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

29 minutes ago, OnTime said:

BUT why  anyone would pick the name Liberty Sage?? I just think of  of the Liberty Bell in Philly and Sage the herb.

Back in the 80s before I had a child I had thought about Sage if I ever had a girl.  Last year it was ranked 280 out of the top 1000 baby names for girls.  Liberty was ranked 659.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

To me, Sage is a super chill, hippy, free love sounding name which makes it a strange choice for someone who  is absolutely and positively none of those things. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, OnTime said:

The 35-year-old View co-host gave birth on Monday night.

I'm surprised she didn't keep it quiet longer!

Liberty Sage Domenech???

yeah, LSD

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Sage is a nod to Arizona and to MyFather's birdwatching. Numerous varieties of wild and cultivated sage grow prolifically in AZ (and CA) and so does sagebrush. 

Sagebrush provides fodder and housing for all manner of wildlife, especially birds, and its roots help to prevent soil erosion.

So yeah, sage = Arizona.

Edited by suomi · Reason: typo
  • Useful 11

Share this post


Link to post

I suppose we should be relieved Miss McCain didn't name her daughter 'Johna' but I can't imagine the girl will have an entirely fun childhood with at least one notably. ..high-strung parent.

Edited by Blergh
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

To me, Sage is a super chill, hippy, free love sounding name which makes it a strange choice for someone who  is absolutely and positively none of those things. 

I know. When I saw the name I thought that doesn't sound like a name Meghan would go for and this......

25 minutes ago, suomi said:

Sage is a nod to Arizona and to MyFather's birdwatching. Numerous varieties of wild and cultivated sage grow prolifically in AZ (and CA) and so does sagebrush. 

Sagebrush provides fodder and housing for all manner of wildlife, especially birds, and its roots help to prevent soil erosion.

So yeah, sage = Arizona.

And now we understand.

I still like the name Sage but I'm not a fan of Liberty.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size