Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, backformore said:

Meghan and her husband are using their twitter accounts to mock James Comey.  

Interesting because he's going to be on the show next week. 

How tribal of them.

• Love 18
38 minutes ago, Haleth said:
6 hours ago, backformore said:

Meghan and her husband are using their twitter accounts to mock James Comey.  

Interesting because he's going to be on the show next week. 

How tribal of them.

How childish of them.

• Love 16
On 4/12/2018 at 2:54 PM, backformore said:

as Barbara Walters would say, " now THAT'S a dress!"

( BW said when seeing homely baby, you exclaim, now THAT'S a baby!)

Speaking of dresses, are those cans on Meghan's skirt in this picture?  I can't quite make it out.

Eta:  Oops, sorry--I didn't see The View yet today and I didn't realized she wore it on the show today.  This is from a luncheon today.

Edited by Gemma Violet
(edited)

RBM is so "in love" with with her political affiliation that she couldn't even let loose for the Halloween last year and had a ginormous elephant symbol for it on the back of her red cape. Little did we know how right the description was during that episode. Minus the "media maverick" part.

MegHal1.jpg.411406058b1f8cba0e2038f862adf7ac.jpg

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 3

ABC is really trying to make Meghan McCain a thing. She was on This Week again as a panelist. She didn't say much except to repeat that she thought Comey was being gossipy in his book and that Paul Ryan was just the most fantastic Republican ever! Matthew Dowd shot her down on that subject by saying that Ryan was pliable and really never stood up to Trump or others. She did look more natural, so the makeup, hair, and wardrobe people must be kinder there. Her husband was on CBS Face the Nation too this morning. They must think themselves quite the DC power couple now.

• Love 15

I saw, and was shocked at how different her demeanor was. So much less strident, and demure when compared to her "table takeovers" on The View. I wanted to slap her because now we know she knows better than to act as ugly as she does on The View.

• Love 16
5 hours ago, Kenz said:

ABC is really trying to make Meghan McCain a thing. She was on This Week again as a panelist. She didn't say much except to repeat that she thought Comey was being gossipy in his book and that Paul Ryan was just the most fantastic Republican ever! Matthew Dowd shot her down on that subject by saying that Ryan was pliable and really never stood up to Trump or others. She did look more natural, so the makeup, hair, and wardrobe people must be kinder there. Her husband was on CBS Face the Nation too this morning. They must think themselves quite the DC power couple now.

They did the same thing with Bila. I remember she was inexplicably given an interview on Dateline, I think it was? Then she got the boot a few months later. Let's hope history will repeat itself.

• Love 14
8 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I saw, and was shocked at how different her demeanor was. So much less strident, and demure when compared to her "table takeovers" on The View. I wanted to slap her because now we know she knows better than to act as ugly as she does on The View.

It's because she thinks she is slumming it at the View.  She thinks she is better than her cohosts. 

• Love 14

I thibk MM was more demure because she knows those folks at This Week and other real political programs know their shit. ... and she does not, nor can she remember any "facts"  or history detsiled enough to back up any claims.  

MM is way out of her league on ANY show because she is not intelligent or savvy enough to learn how to communicate issues with any believability, hence the stridency, (as if attitude means truth----similar to SaraHuckaSanders) 

• Love 11
46 minutes ago, Tosia said:

MM is way out of her league on ANY show because she is not intelligent or savvy enough to learn how to communicate issues with any believability, hence the stridency, (as if attitude means truth----similar to SaraHuckaSanders) 

Meghan might think she deserves to be a pundit because she "has been in politics in her whole life" but when she is placed in a situation with real pundits she folds like a house of cards.  Because it can't be said enough Paul Begala owned her on Real Time with Bill Maher.  She doesn't have the skills to even fake her way through. She either gets loud and just spews whatever she thinks will get her point across (no matter how wrong it is) or she clams up.

• Love 6

^^^^^Thanks for that, merriebreeze. I enjoyed the replay where MM is shut down about her hero Ryan and looks so puzzled. She doesn't have the wits to be on a show like This Week.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

Anytime she's on any other show, especially if she's surrounded by real political pundits, she's much more subdued.

13 hours ago, Kenz said:

ABC is really trying to make Meghan McCain a thing.

Yup and I hate it. I guess they saw their spike in ratings and think it's because of Meghan. I remember Jed also made the rounds before her time on The View came to an end so we can all only hope that history repeats itself.

1 hour ago, merriebreeze said:

The comments are hilarious. 

• Love 7
16 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I wonder if she's just naturally combative with other women.  She definitely changes her tune when there's an attractive male guest at the table.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I wonder if she's just naturally combative with other women.  She definitely changes her tune when there's an attractive male guest at the table.

Maybe they should invite Paul Ryan to guest host since he'll be out of a job soon. 

• Love 10
On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 5:25 PM, Gemma Violet said:

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 3:54 PM, backformore said:

as Barbara Walters would say, " now THAT'S a dress!"

( BW said when seeing homely baby, you exclaim, now THAT'S a baby!)

Speaking of dresses, are those cans on Meghan's skirt in this picture?  I can't quite make it out.

Eta:  Oops, sorry--I didn't see The View yet today and I didn't realized she wore it on the show today.  This is from a luncheon today.

Edited Friday 05:49 PM by Gemma Violet.

It looks like Campbell's soup cans.

Meghan is short, stocky, overweight and has no waist. Why does she wear clothes that emphasize it all?

• Love 4
On 4/16/2018 at 1:54 PM, RedheadZombie said:

I don't know if it's a woman thing but her behaviour on The View grinds my gears because she demonstrates every stereotype that is used to discredit women's opinions for being too emotional and angry to ever be reasonable. Rolling her eyes, throwing dismissive hand gestures and raising her voice because she cares more about speaking over those who oppose her rather than actively listening to what they're trying to say. Being defensive is not part of being the token Republican on the panel, it's her personality. Paual didn't act like that. Candace didn't behave like that and neither did Jedidiah. And she constantly complains about how difficult it is to be the voice of Republicans and to make others understand what the party is about but it's hard to listen when she reacts to every criticism with her defensive behaviour and then blames it on being very tribal. How else should I interpret 'tribal' to mean other than feeling so inherently protective about something that you can't separate your own bias from the discussion? 

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

I think this a valid assumption. I've been wondering the same thing. It's like she got warped dated views about women and that she has to put her co-hosts on The View in their place. Not thinking that what she thinks about other women applies to her too.

• Love 11

I don't recall Campbell making a soup called "Amore" (Love).  This harpy must think it makes her lovable, like her cat dress makes her a pussy; I don't think she's smart enough to wear them to be ironic.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Sorry Meghan.  I know you're married but I don't know his name.  All I know is he's a plagiarist. 

The question wasn't who is Meghan married to but who funds his blog.   She was simply deflecting.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:

S.E. should stop embarrassing herself for the sake of defending her friend.

No kidding!  I am pretty sure all of the co-hosts asked tough questions and challenged  him, they just weren't shrewish and stupid when doing so.

• Love 10

I just want everyone to know that Sara actually liked this tweet LOL

Obsequious: obedient or attentive to an excessive or servile degree.

52 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

From CP's tweet:

"the toughest ? came from Sunny Hostin and Comey choked on it"

Can someone please refresh me? I can't remember Sunny's question to Comey

I would have to go back and watch but I know Sunny, Sara and Joy were not being ‘obsequious.’

• Love 6