Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

Timing is everything. 

considering that we've just had TWO major mass shootings, and a gunman shooting cops in a standoff,  is this really the best time for Meghan to tweet about how much she LOVES guns?  

• Useful 2
  • Love 12

Meghan's Instagram:  Ben and I had a blast - he hit a target dead center at 100 yards with a suppressed 9mm, and I beat him to hitting a 600 yarder dead center with a .308.

Of course you did...and just HAD to post about it.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

Timing is everything. 

considering that we've just had TWO major mass shootings, and a gunman shooting cops in a standoff,  is this really the best time for Meghan to tweet about how much she LOVES guns?  

Well gee, if she waited until there weren't any recent mass shootings, she'd never get to post about how much she loves guns!

• Love 17

LOL - MM wants grace and class. And a pillar of of strength and friends?!!!!

Remember when Sarah was left out of lunch with the girls - arranged by MM but Sarah never invited and others just assumed she would be?

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 3
On 8/12/2019 at 11:39 AM, tinkerbell said:

The thing is, she is obsessing about the anniversary DATE and how awful she will feel on that day - so of course she will feel awful.  She's decided that ahead of time.

My mom, who I miss every bit as much as Meghan misses her father, died on New Year's Eve. Yet, despite that, I can't tell you how many days it was (and it would be easy to glance at a calendar any time I wanted to know, given the date of her passing). I replied to Meghan on Twitter to tell her that I celebrate my mom's life. She loved parties, so it's perfect that she died on the biggest party night of the year. I ask all my friends and relatives to lift a glass to her during their NYE celebrations. On my mom's birthday, I go to her favorite restaurants and celebrate for her, since she can't be here to do it.

I was trying to let Meghan know that there are ways to honor and remember the dead without wallowing in sorrow. I was in deep grief for my mom for two years and this is the first year I'm starting to come out of it. But I loathe people looking for pity. I try so hard not to be that person. But I'm afraid that Meghan will be stuck being that person forever.

• Love 20

Wonder when she's going to arrive in her beloved Arizona?  For someone that supposedly loves her home state so damn much, she's sure as hell not spending a lot of her vacation there. 

I can honestly say I'm not missing The View these past few weeks.  I used to look forward to it returning after summer break, but those days are in the past.  She surely has ruined the show for me and it's only going to get worse.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

Wonder when she's going to arrive in her beloved Arizona?  For someone that supposedly loves her home state so damn much, she's sure as hell not spending a lot of her vacation there.

There should be headlines AND parades here when she arrives.  I haven't seen a thing.  I haven't heard a word.

• LOL 4
4 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

Wonder when she's going to arrive in her beloved Arizona? 

I've always had the feeling that MM and her mother aren't besties, which is the real reason she stays away now that Daddy is not there.  She seemed uncomfortable with tall, elegant, poised and non-screechy Mom in the audience during the last week of the season.  They probably competed for Daddy's love, and MM is still trying to out-grieve Mom.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
On 8/12/2019 at 10:39 AM, tinkerbell said:

The thing is, she is obsessing about the anniversary DATE and how awful she will feel on that day - so of course she will feel awful.  She's decided that ahead of time. 

Today happens to be the third anniversary of my mother's death, but I don't feel awful because I think of her nearly every day and I think of her LIFE, smile and twinkly eyes, not her illness and death. She's at peace now and so am I.  Be thankful for the memories.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 19
3 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

There should be headlines AND parades here when she arrives.  I haven't seen a thing.  I haven't heard a word.

I'm sure her arrival will be the lead story on your local news, HaaCHOO.  Keep us posted!

2 hours ago, deirdra said:

I've always had the feeling that MM and her mother aren't besties, which is the real reason she stays away now that Daddy is not there.  She seemed uncomfortable with tall, elegant, poised and non-screechy Mom in the audience during the last week of the season.  They probably competed for Daddy's love, and MM is still trying to out-grieve Mom.

I've had that same thought also, Deirdra.  Something seems off.  I had wondered if NutMeg spent the holidays last year with her mother and other members of the family, in view of it being the first Christmas without husband/father. Since she mentioned having not returned to AZ since her father's passing, I'm guessing she didn't spend time with her unless her mother came to her and who knows where that leaves the other siblings and their loved ones.

It seems like the normal thing to do in most families.  When my brother-in-law passed away in 2015, my niece, married with a young child and a full-time career, made it a point to spend a lot of time, particularly the holidays, with my sister.  She lives several hours away but made it work.  We all thought of my sister and her tremendous loss and tried to be there for her in any way we could.  NutMeg seems only concerned with how the loss of her father has affected her.  I don't ever recall hearing her mention the loss and how it has affected her mother or siblings.  The only mention of the family was after 45 bashed her father.  

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

NutMeg seems only concerned with how the loss of her father has affected her.

Amen!   Something major is missing from her psyche.  I think she can think ONLY of herself and nothing anyone* says can change that.

*Her mother probably said the wrong thing at the wrong time recently about her on-air behavior and it was buh-bye!  (Sorry, I've been listening to David Spade's audiobook).  No visitation for you!

• Love 7
20 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

We, here, expect you to be standing front and center at that parade and waving a flag for her!  😁

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, deirdra said:

I got that feeling too. I believe Meghan is the only daughter John had biologically with Cindy, correct? I’ve always gotten a sort of Candy and Tori Spelling vibe from them, constant in competition to be “Daddy’s favorite” and now that he’s gone, they don’t have any real connection. Not to mention that Candy battled a pill addiction for a few years when Meghan was young. So I’m sure she’s seen some shit that has made her resentful towards her mother. 

• Love 16
On 8/13/2019 at 1:48 AM, ginger90 said:

She was quoted in the article, “I’m innately a fighter, but I do question if there will be a certain time where it just won’t be worth being a Republican woman being screamed at all day,” she says over the phone. “I don’t know. Maybe I’m just having a bad week.”. Is the quote accurate? If so, what’s her problem?

Jesus fucking Christ Meeghan!  YOU are the one screaming and rolling your eyes and acting like a fucking toddler. Go to your timeout corner until you can stop w the persecution complex and act like an adult. Frankly she is so stupid the panel should just laugh at her.  She deserves nothing more. 

• Love 23

The reason Meghan gets screamed at (if that is even true) is because she has made her beliefs known in such an obnoxious and nasty way.  Add to that her continuing to stoke divisiveness with her I only like red state things and if you had an abortion you are a murderer stance and it's no wonder people don't like her.

• Love 15
4 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Sometimes Joy does; it is NOT well received.

by Meghan.  The audience loves it.  Joy should do it more often, sending Meeghan running off the stage in tears.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Sometimes Joy does; it is NOT well received.

OMG i nearly died when Joy clapped back in the one ep, in French, Mon Amie, and MM had never heard the phrase before.  I think Joy was a lil shocked also.  Its pretty common and well known.  Yes not 100% granted.  Put down those emails LOL

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, jkspeaks said:

Hard to replace the conservative on the panel?  Well, there's Ana for one.  Tara for two.  Of course we know Ana doesn't want the full time gig but it shows that they are out there-- conservative, republican women who can have a spirited conversation without screeching or pouting or pretending to be a victim.

Of course ABC loves all the publicity that the show gets when media call Meghan out for being a train wreck.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Of course ABC loves all the publicity that the show gets when media call Meghan out for being a train wreck.

To quote Bill Geddie they want them to make sparks. They want to  sparks over substance.  ABC doesn't care one lick about the conservative being able to have a rational articulate debate.  And I would bet money if Joy left they would not replace her with liberal/progressive. ABC doesn't care if both sides are presented. They just want someone who will create a stir. And I doubt someone on the left would be a trainwreck like Meghan.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Hard to replace the conservative on the panel?  Well, there's Ana for one.  Tara for two.  Of course we know Ana doesn't want the full time gig but it shows that they are out there-- conservative, republican women who can have a spirited conversation without screeching or pouting or pretending to be a victim.

I just realized I forgot Abby. (Who?)

• LOL 9

If Joy leaves, ratings will take a dive like they did when they fired her (and I stopped watching) the last time.  It will prove that Meghan and it's-a-job-Whoopi are not the ones drawing viewers.

• Love 8
39 minutes ago, deirdra said:

If Joy leaves, ratings will take a dive like they did when they fired her (and I stopped watching) the last time.  It will prove that Meghan and it's-a-job-Whoopi are not the ones drawing viewers.

I wonder if they still do focus groups. That is how Elisabeth got fired. She scored so low they had to let her go.  But for some insane reason they thought if people didn't like EH on the extreme right then they must not like Joy on the extreme left (Joy isn't extreme left) and decided they had to let her go too.  Because it cannot be said enough Elisabeth and Meghan aren't disliked for their conservative views. They are disliked because they are not nice people.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

They are disliked because they are not nice people.

And MM had the audacity to tweet that Elle magazine should not be tearing women down, but building them up, yet MM tears down and disrespects women nearly every day on the show. She should be fired for that alone.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 15
13 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I wonder if they still do focus groups.

I am just guessing on this and have no idea if it's true but sadly I would imagine that Social Media presence & impact has probably replaced focus groups for the most part.  As in, how many twitter followers or Instagram followers does this person have?  How many re-tweets on twitter and facebook likes does this person get? Good or bad attention be damned, as long as they can bring the attention and the Social Media followers.   Ugh.  I will say it as often as I get the chance to, Social Media is a scourge on society. 

Come to think of it, I bet they probably do still also go by the person's Q score.  But even that probably takes into account their social media following. 

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 11
9 minutes ago, deirdra said:

And MM had the audacity to tweet that Elle magazine should not be tearing women down, but building them up, yet MM tears down and disrespects women nearly every day on the show. She should be fired for that alone.

Meghan gets pissy when people simply repeat what she has said or ask her to defend what she has said. Seth Meyers and Elle did nothing wrong regarding Meghan.  

3 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Social Media is a scourge on society. 

It really has caused so much damage. I have no doubt our country would be a much better place right now if not for social media.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Not to worry, Dierdra et al, there's a new "Civility" movement coming and it will involve Meghan (or will it???).  Wait for it.  Wait for it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

To quote Bill Geddie they want them to make sparks. They want to  sparks over substance.  ABC doesn't care one lick about the conservative being able to have a rational articulate debate.  And I would bet money if Joy left they would not replace her with liberal/progressive. ABC doesn't care if both sides are presented. They just want someone who will create a stir. And I doubt someone on the left would be a trainwreck like Meghan.

Exactly! I used to wonder if Hasslebeck and McCain were planted on the show by Liberals in order to make Conservatives look as ridiculous as possible.

• LOL 2
4 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

I used to wonder if Hasslebeck and McCain were planted on the show by Liberals in order to make Conservatives look as ridiculous as possible.

I had thought about that before but both have them have benefited so much from being on the View.  Aside from the money (which Meghan doesn't need) they both have more fame than they ever would have achieved without the View.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Because it cannot be said enough Elisabeth and Meghan aren't disliked for their conservative views. They are disliked because they are not nice people.

Many people may not like Elisabeth but show me (outside of political views) where she is this horrible person.  Whoopi and Sherri are still friends with her.  She was a bridesmaid in Sherri's wedding.  Sherri mentioned recently on What What Happens Live that they recently talked.  Elisabeth is also still cool with the make up artist Karen Dupiche.  Elisabeth and Rosie were really cool until their on air incident.  She hung out a lot with Star too back in the day.  And Joy doesn't seem to hate Elisabeth.  

Now Meghan is another story.  The only person that seems to get along with her now is Whoopi and Abby and that's because they mostly don't go up against Ms. McCain.  Meghan has been seriously rude and disrespectful to Joy on air multiple times.  She's often rude to guests, she is rude to co-hosts and she berates the audience.  She seems to always come to work with a stick up her behind ready to get into a fight.  She is the absolute worst co-host to ever sit at The View table.  Elisabeth is far, far better at this job than Meghan.  

• Love 5
Just now, A.J. said:

Many people may not like Elisabeth but show me (outside of political views) where she is this horrible person.  Whoopi and Sherri are still friends with her.  She was a bridesmaid in Sherri's wedding.  Sherri mentioned recently on What What Happens Live that they recently talked.  Elisabeth is also still cool with the make up artist Karen Dupiche.  Elisabeth and Rosie were really cool until their on air incident.  She hung out a lot with Star too back in the day.  And Joy doesn't seem to hate Elisabeth.  

Now Meghan is another story.  The only person that seems to get along with her now is Whoopi and Abby and that's because they mostly don't go up against Ms. McCain.  Meghan has been seriously rude and disrespectful to Joy on air multiple times.  She's often rude to guests, she is rude to co-hosts and she berates the audience.  She seems to always come to work with a stick up her behind ready to get into a fight.  She is the absolute worst co-host to ever sit at The View table.  Elisabeth is far, far better at this job than Meghan.  

Elisabeth and Meghan together would be torture 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
15 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Being shady toward Michelle Obama when she was First Lady--and not political, but toward Michelle's looks and what she was wearing.

Quite a bit was made of Hasselbeck's comments comparing Mrs. Obama's and Mrs. McCain's visits to "The View."  She said, "Cindy came into our hair and make-up room fresh as can be."   Many inferred she meant Mrs. Obama wasn't as "clean" as Mrs. McCain and considered it a racist comment.

• Love 7
On 8/22/2019 at 7:13 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Well, one example that comes to mind is how she slutshamed/blamed Erin Andrews for being stalked and spied on. She said, on this show, that if not for her wearing those "revealing" clothes when she was on Dancing With the Stars, she might not have been targeted. Then when she got backlash for it, Then with Crocodiley tears, "informed" the panel how she told her toddler daughter what she did, and then "apologized" (at her daughter's suggestion, because of course, a toddler would know such things), on air and said that IF she said anything to offend Erin, then she's sorry. Not sorry about what she actually said; or that she was wrong to say it. But she was sorry if she hurt Erin's feelings.

That, to me, makes her a horrible person. In addition to her homophobia, comparing them to toasters; being upset to the point of crying because she can't say the N-word. Being shady toward Michelle Obama when she was First Lady--and not political, but toward Michelle's looks and what she was wearing.

Is she homophobic?  I thought she was 'star friend to the gays' lol.  Girl is a walking contraction

• Love 2

Today on Twitter Meghan defended using the word "fuck" and said she's an "Arizona woman."

If memory serves, she admonished someone not too long ago for using bad words.

She's go a different moral compass and explanation every time she's challenged.

It's like trying to pin down Jell-O.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13