Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, bannana said:

She is not an unhealthy person.  Wow, here I am defending that bitch.

Yes, she drinks.  But that is a lot of bravado.  If she really drank, her face would be puffy and bad.

And how do you possibly really know any of the statements you made here? You are privy to her private life? You have access to her medical records? Facial edema and acne would be your prime indicators of heavy drinking?

Just curious.

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

Yeah, I've always seen her as being insecure, which causes her to be defensive and combative.  I think she's trying to fit herself into a mold that isn't really her.

Perhaps, with some good therapy she could take some time to pull back from the Meghan persona she's trying so hard to live, find something she's really good at, learn to accept herself and create a lifestyle that satisfies her needs and make her feel good about herself.  She has the money to do so, and probably would have the backing of her family, not so sure about her husband.

What would happen if Meghan eventually found herself doing needlepoint, raising turtles, gunsmithing, or finding she was a talented amature astronomist?  She has the drive, ambition, and money to turn almost anything she was good at into a business, if she chose to.  Or she could live a comfortable life and simply indulge herself in hobbies. 

I don't see her ever being good at politics.  When will she learn she doesn't have the instincts for the job?  All she can ever be is a mouthpiece for others, manipulated by them, used, and eventually discarded when they're done with her.

I agree she needs some serious therapy.  She sees herself as the voice of the late "my father, John McCain" so it would take a lot to get her to rethink her vision of herself into something she might actually enjoy and get pleasure from.  

• Love 11
33 minutes ago, Lilaclily said:

Just curious.

If we truly knew what we were talking about...and had to make statements on that basis, there would be no Primetimer.  This is a place for snarky, gossipy comments that many of us seem to enjoy.  Sometimes we present real information and insight. We speculate, laugh, speculate, groan, speculate and enjoy.  Most of the time we feel that we're among friends here so we get too chatty.  We wonder about people's weight, sunglasses, make-up, hair, absences, reasons for staying on the job, wardrobe choices, moods, and just how long we'll have to put up with some of them.

• Love 24
11 hours ago, bannana said:

If she really drank, her face would be puffy and bad.

Alcohol doesn't affect everyone the same way.  There are many alcoholics who look fine and others who look thin and drawn.  I'm using "alcoholic" as an example--not saying Meghan has a drinking problem, just that everyone doesn't look puffy after drinking lots of alcohol. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

Alcohol doesn't affect everyone the same way.  There are many alcoholics who look fine and others who look thin and drawn.  I'm using "alcoholic" as an example--not saying Meghan has a drinking problem, just that everyone doesn't look puffy after drinking lots of alcohol. 

Yeah, that is probably true, but I just think her talk of hard drinking is just mostly talk.  I am sure she drinks, not doubting that at all.

I don't see her as looking unhealthy though.  Yes she is overweight, but not too bad.  Thank you @HaaCHOO for your post above. 😍

2 hours ago, Lilaclily said:

And how do you possibly really know any of the statements you made here? You are privy to her private life? You have access to her medical records? Facial edema and acne would be your prime indicators of heavy drinking?

Just curious.

Of course I am, and I do.  I know all things about NutMeg.  I am NutMeg.

• LOL 18
  • Love 4
On 7/19/2019 at 2:53 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I guess I'm just a cold-hearted, heartless bitch, because that article, which I skimmed, did NOTHING for me. She's talking about how miscarriages being more common then women would think as if it's a new thing. It's not. Sometimes women don't even know they've miscarried.

So she can just miss me with her "learn from my experience" nonsense.

I'm with you. I think her sharing this is a part of her PR push to combat the bad press she's received over the last couple of months. 

• Love 18
3 hours ago, bannana said:

Yeah, that is probably true, but I just think her talk of hard drinking is just mostly talk.  I am sure she drinks, not doubting that at all.

I agree...and she probably tells that to her "evangelical in-laws" more often than she'd like, "Folks, it's just a showbiz persona; it's not the real me.  You KNOW the real meeeee."  I'd also like to see an undoctored video of her target shooting.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
(edited)

I've been around a ton of daily hard drinkers, and you can tell. Check out Melanie Griffith in Working Girl for an example of a super-skinny girl with a bloated face, which was obvious despite all the hair and makeup and "movie magic." As soon as that movie came out, I told my BIL she was heading to rehab. And I was right!

I don't doubt Meghan likes her liquor, and likes bragging about drinking even more. But she has to get up early for the show; she's never been photographed stumbling drunk out of a car or bar; she mentions drinking when she does drink, something daily drinkers usually don't because it's just a given; and she is consistent in how she posts on social media. All those things -- as well as her non-bloated appearance -- tell me she's not a daily hard drinker. I can't say she's not an alcoholic because the term is so subjective, but I seriously doubt she's drinking a fifth of Jack Daniels every evening.

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 10

I agree...and she probably tells that to her "evangelical in-laws" more often than she'd like, "Folks, it's just a showbiz persona; it's not the real me.  You KNOW the real meeeee."  I'd also like to see an undoctored video of her target shooting.

Same, I’m sure her shooting guns and whiskey country girl act is to make herself more appealing to “real” Americans aka red state conservatives, which so far from her actual blue blood upbringing 🙄 but if she has to put on a separate chaste perfect republican hausfrau person with her evangelical in-laws...that has to be exhausting to keep up with 2 or more phony personas. I guess it might be a thing when you’re in your teens/early 20s and you’re still trying to figure yourself out. But a woman approaching her mid-30s? It’s sad.

Also, I’m still team #fuckmeghan but I do want to say (snerk) that perfectly healthy women with healthy reproductive systems have miscarriages. It’s not always due to some underlying health issue, sometimes it’s just the luck of the draw. 

• Love 18
4 hours ago, bannana said:

Yes, the "whiskey drinking, cigar smoking, gun shooting gal"  is a persona.  Meghan's the woman who, at a party, wants to make sure everyone knows that she's not going to "sip chardonnay" and chit chat with the other women.  she's going to hang out with the GUYS and throw down shots of whiskey while smoking cigars and talking about man stuff.   We've all known women like that.  The ones who think it's so cool to look feminine but act masculine. they want  be accepted by all of the guys, and thought of as a cool girl.  

Most women outgrow that need long before they reach Meghan's age, though. 

• Love 19
43 minutes ago, falltime said:

During  instagram live last month she says she doesn't drink during the week.

The disconnect between THIS MM and the MM we get on the View is so bizarre.

• Love 10
On 7/19/2019 at 11:45 PM, movingtargetgal said:

Why would she go to another news outlet to make this announcement?  Is she using this as a ploy for sympathy during her contract negotiations with ABC?  The network bigwigs must be PISSED.  This is Meghan playing hardball.  I think she thinks that this will show all of us on social media, her co-hosts and producers that we have been so wrong to be so mean to her.  A pathetic bid to make her detractors feel guilty.  Kind of like when I was 5 years old and my mother punished me.  All I could think of was that if I died while sitting in my room, my mother would feel guilty for the rest of her life. 🙂 Sort of  like this  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtEaka1QeV0

She went to another outlet because she knew she wouldn't get the response she was fishing for from her co-hosts and others at the show. They are most likely calling bullshit in the same manner we are. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
15 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

I'm wondering if she's going to be part of the panel covering Mueller's testimony tomorrow on ABC.  On GMA this morning, George said he will be covering it live with their "entire" political team.  I'm guessing Sunny will be part of the coverage, but I certainly hope they give the perpetual mourner the day off to grieve in private with her husband (whom she now seems to be mentioning quite frequently during the show).  I'm thinking that's all part of the PR plan also.

She said since The View will be preempted she will be home cooking chili and watching with her cousin.

So I guess she is not part of the "entire" political team!

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, OnTime said:

She said since The View will be preempted she will be home cooking chili and watching with her cousin.

George must have learned from the last time she was on his show and looked like a fool. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Marigny said:

George must have learned from the last time she was on his show and looked like a fool. 

When was this 😀? I know Meghan says nonstop she's been in politics since birth, I'm surprised the network took serious .

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Marigny said:

7 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

When was this 😀? I know Meghan says nonstop she's been in politics since birth, I'm surprised the network took serious .

When Her Twatness was on This Week or when she was one of the...hosts during the midterms, I think. She proved what an inept, incompetent, intellectually bankrupt fool she is.

• Love 15
41 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

She sat they looking seriously squinty and spewed her memorized, vapid word salad,  written by hubbie probably, and basically added nada to the discussion.

Waste of space.

• Love 15
31 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

When Her Twatness was on This Week or when she was one of the...hosts during the midterms, I think. She proved what an inept, incompetent, intellectually bankrupt fool she is.

After that performance I wondered if she or her agent considered more study/ practice on how to (at least) LOOK like she knows what she's doing.  I also wondered if she decided she'd "never do THAT again."  I was embarrassed for her (silly me).     (Twatness...tee hee!)

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I think the last time she was on was in april. She was placing some blame on Ilhan Omar for the San Diego Synagogue attack.

She is the only one of the guests with notes. 😄

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 9
15 hours ago, OnTime said:

I like spicy food but 830am chili is a bridge too far for me.  I guess she could throw some on eggs.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Nothing says summer like a big bowl of steaming hot chili. 

That was my reaction, too.  I don't get it.

MM is just weird too. Besides phenomenally stupid.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

I cook chili anytime but we have central air-conditioning.  I was born in 1940 in Phoenix and there were many things all of our mothers could not/would not cook in the summer.  We had electric fans, but that was it.  Chili is our easy/fun and go-to dinner for two of us or ten.  Do it this way--cook/season your favorite chili.

• In a bowl:
  • Fritos on the bottom
  • Chili
  • Shredded Cheese
  • Lettuce/Tomatoes/other goodies depending on whatcha like and whatcha got!
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
(edited)

They tried to bring Meghan in when Rosie came back in 2014. Whoopi and Rosie were pushing for her to get the seat that Nicolle ended up in. 

Edited by TheView
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2

Oh, God, that would've been SO terrible. Apparently McCain is just like Jeanine Pirro. Pirro came on wanting to go at Joy and McCain joined the show dreaming of the splitscreen moment she could've had with Rosie O'Donnell. As bad as that season already was with Whoopi going bonkers, we really dodged a bullet.

• Love 8
On 7/23/2019 at 7:47 PM, tinkerbell said:

Yes, the "whiskey drinking, cigar smoking, gun shooting gal"  is a persona.  Meghan's the woman who, at a party, wants to make sure everyone knows that she's not going to "sip chardonnay" and chit chat with the other women.  she's going to hang out with the GUYS and throw down shots of whiskey while smoking cigars and talking about man stuff.   We've all known women like that.  The ones who think it's so cool to look feminine but act masculine. they want  be accepted by all of the guys, and thought of as a cool girl.  

Most women outgrow that need long before they reach Meghan's age, though. 

This perfectly describes who I think Meghan is. 

• Love 8
(edited)
13 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

I cook chili anytime but we have central air-conditioning.  I was born in 1940 in Phoenix and there were many things all of our mothers could not/would not cook in the summer.  We had electric fans, but that was it.  Chili is our easy/fun and go-to dinner for two of us or ten.  Do it this way--cook/season your favorite chili.

• In a bowl:
  • Fritos on the bottom
  • Chili
  • Shredded Cheese
  • Lettuce/Tomatoes/other goodies depending on whatcha like and whatcha got!

Fritos and chili 🥰! It's the only right  way to eat chili . My husband has to have Ritz crackers 🤮.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Fritos and chili 🥰! It's the only right  way to eat chili . My husband has to have Ritz crackers 🤮.

episode 2 no GIF by Portlandia

Just now, Coffeewinewater said:

If it's wrong I dont want to right. 😀🏼

No, no, no.  Your way is the right way. Ritz crackers are what inspired my reaction. 😉

1 minute ago, deaja said:

No, no, no.  Your way is the right way. Ritz crackers are what inspired my reaction. 😉

Oh ok. We can be friends 😀 

My husband is disgusting 😂 I can't think of a more ugly sight than soggy Ritz crackers In a bowl of chili. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

My husband is disgusting 😂 I can't think of a more ugly sight than soggy Ritz crackers In a bowl of chili. 

Born in 1940, entered poverty in 1949.  We didn't have Ritz Crackers at home when I was a kid because "they're too expensive."  Even now (I'm wealthy due to Social Security and a pension), I think I'm buying A Very Special Treat when I pick up a box.  So...I'll try Ritz with chili but I'll use the crackers to just scoop the chili.  (Do we need a Foodie page here?)

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

Damn, you Americans really know how to spice things up and live on the wild side.  This playing it safe, boring Canadian has only ever eaten chili -- as is.  As in, in a bowl, by itself.  No Fritos, no Ritz crackers, no lettuce, no nothing.  To get crazy, I might eat it with a dinner roll or two on the side.  You guys rule. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 1

Okay you guys, I'm sorry for my no chili in the summer comment, you all can have chili in the summer, I was just being a Texan. Forgive! For me you gotta have tortilla chips and jack cheese with your chili! Yum Yum. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
(edited)

Born in 1940, entered poverty in 1949.  We didn't have Ritz Crackers at home when I was a kid because "they're too expensive."  Even now (I'm wealthy due to Social Security and a pension), I think I'm buying A Very Special Treat when I pick up a box.  So...I'll try Ritz with chili but I'll use the crackers to just scoop the chili.  (Do we need a Foodie page here?)

I never thought 28 years ago when I met my husband he'd ruin Ritz crackers for me  but he did 😂

@Cementhead I never thought of eating chili plain,  you crazy canadians 😀  I have to have toppings 😁

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

Here's the full article in Elle on NutMeg.  There's a lot to snark about here.  One thing that cracked me up the most is the writer referring to Bitsy as "glamourous" 😲

Also that NutMeg says that saying she hated Hillary and calling her Crooked is her one regret on the show.  😮

So she doesn't regret telling Joy that she is paid to listen to NutMeg?  Or calling her a bitch?

Elle Interview with NutMeg

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:
4 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I love this discussion, cuz, as a kid growing up in the 80s, I thought that Ritz were the fanciest crackers ever, and considered it a treat when my granny would share hers with me. And she did NOT break them out everyday. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

That Elle article was...something. She was "asleep" when her husband trashed Seth on Twitter. Okay. Sure, Jan.

I've realized something: Megan is the Marge Simpson of The View. They both simper around acting like they're nice open minded people but but get all passively aggressively bitchy when they get offended over even the smallest things. And then they turn around and play the victim acting like everyone else is to blame for crapping all over their hopes and dreams  without every questioning their own shortcomings. And they act like it's more important for everyone to act as nice as pie to each other without swearing than standing up for what's truly right and wrong. The only difference is more people call NutMeg on her crap -- the Simpsons viewers and writers have been enabling Marge for years.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • LOL 9
  • Love 6