Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

My guess is she's been working on this with her team for at least several weeks to shut down the negative stories about her that have been all over the internet.  I can't believe she would keep something that she knows will garner sympathy private.  Not in her DNA.

• Love 24

I want to feel sorry for her, but it just seems to be another "my baby died" along with "my father died."  She talks about her father holding his granddaughter.  I ran out of free NYT articles, did it say how far along she was. 

• Love 15
37 minutes ago, Lisa418722 said:

I want to feel sorry for her, but it just seems to be another "my baby died" along with "my father died."  She talks about her father holding his granddaughter.  I ran out of free NYT articles, did it say how far along she was. 

Of course not!!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

At the end of the article she says she pictures her father in the hereafter, holding his granddaughter in his hands - so I guess she was however far along that the gender of the fetus can be determined?

(At 7 weeks via blood test, that much I do know). 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I wonder if this recent news about the miscarriage would explain her increasing rage & anger over everything?!  For me, she is Un-watchable, she does not seem to be able to process her grieve(or any other feelings), and I don't think being on TV is good for her mental health(I'm not a professional or anything, just my personal opinion).  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Here's the article:

A few weeks ago, I was part of the photo shoot for The New York Times Magazine’s cover story about ABC’s “The View.” It should have been a moment of triumph — a vindication of the show’s significance as a place at the center of political debate, a ratings boom, a must for the top tier of presidential candidates. I should have been proud. I knew my father would have been proud.

I look back at those pictures now, and I see a woman hiding her shock and sorrow. I am posed for the camera, looking stern and strong, representing my fellow conservative women across the country. But inside, I am dying. Inside, my baby is dying.

I knew I was pregnant before I formally knew I was pregnant. My body told me in all the ways women are familiar with. It told me in the same ways that I was miscarrying. The confirmation from my doctor came the day of that photo shoot, at the worst possible time.

I missed a few days of work. It wasn’t many, but given the job I have, it was enough to spark gossip about why I would be away from “The View.” This was not supposed to be public knowledge. I have had my share of public grief and public joy. I wish this grief — the grief of a little life begun and then lost — could remain private.

I am not hiding anymore. My miscarriage was a horrendous experience and I would not wish it upon anyone.

Yet for all its horrors, it is distressingly common. Estimates range from one in 10 to one in four pregnancies end in miscarriages. That’s about three million lost children in America each year. That is all the more reason women need to be able to speak about this publicly, without the stigma and the lack of knowledge that pervades the issue.

Because even to this day, the subject of a miscarriage carries so much cultural taboo. Miscarriage is a pain too often unacknowledged. Yet it is real, and what we have lost is real. We feel sorrow and we weep because our babies were real.

They were conceived, and they lived, fully human and fully ours — and then they died. We deserve the opportunity to speak openly of them, to share what they were and to mourn. More important, they deserve to be spoken of, shared and mourned. These children, shockingly small, shockingly helpless, entirely the work of our love and our humanity, are children.

We who mourn are their mothers.

The surprise of learning I was pregnant, many months ago now, swiftly turned to joy. With that joy came all the questions, plans and aspirations that every mother knows.

Even as the child is growing within you, vanishingly small and vulnerable, you are already wondering about the thousand things it will take to be a good parent. What sort of birth will I have? How will we decorate his room? His — goodness, what if it is a her? How will we arrange for school, for education? How will we childproof the home? What will we name him or her? Where will we live as this new little one grows up? How do we create a faith life that teaches and enriches our newest, most precious addition? How do we deserve this son, this daughter, this life we have made?

And on a less elevated note, but one every mother in media has considered: How am I going to be pregnant with everyone watching?

The expectation of a child drags you out of yourself and into a life not yours — yet for which you are responsible. For a brief moment, I had the privilege of seeing myself in the sisterhood of motherhood.

Knowing all the extraordinary mothers that I do — from my own, to my friends, to so many examples of women who have raised children in love and faith, in good times and bad — I knew I was prepared in at least one way.

I was prepared in the circle of women to whom I could turn for advice, for support, for love.

Then it all ended — as our child ended.

Since then, I have asked the same question every mother asks who loves and loses a child: Why? Why was this light and joy held before us, and then the world where this child drew breath cast into shadow? Why was an innocent life created in the image of God and then abruptly snuffed out?

I blamed myself. Perhaps it was wrong of me to choose to be a professional woman, working in a high-pressure, high-visibility, high-stress field, still bearing the burden of the recent loss of my father and facing on top of that the arrows that come with public life. This is not a complaint. This is reality. I blamed my age, I blamed my personality. I blamed everything and anything a person could think of, and what followed was a deep opening of shame.

This, I told myself, is the reason my body is a rock-strewn wasteland in which no child may live. This is my fault.

Yet it is not my fault. Fault and blame are not at work here. When Job demanded answers of God, God reminded him: “Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation? Tell me, if you understand.” I do not understand. Life and death are beyond our power. This miscarriage has reminded me of that truth. And it has reminded me of one other truth: Love is within our power.

I had a miscarriage. I loved my baby, and I always will. To the end of my days I will remember this child — and whatever children come will not obscure that. I have love for my child. I have love for all the women who, like me, were briefly in the sisterhood of motherhood, hoping, praying and nursing joy within us, until the day the joy was over.

You are not alone.

When my father passed, I took refuge in the hope that someday we would be united in the hereafter. I still imagine that moment, even as I trust that a loving God will see it happen. Now I imagine it a bit differently. There is my father — and he is holding his granddaughter in his hands.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

It’s not so much that I am saying it didn’t happen but this was April? Since then she has lost her mind and called Joy a bitch just to name one screwy asshole display. Seems gross to use such a loss to counter all the latest bullshit going around. 

On the other hand this is Meghan we are talking about. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Love 19

I can't read the URL/article without registering/subscribing. 

• How far along was she and how does she know it was "a daughter"? 
  • Were they trying to get pregnant?
  • Were they happy about it? 
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

I can't read the URL/article without registering/subscribing. 

• How far along was she and how does she know it was "a daughter"? 
  • Were they trying to get pregnant?
  • Were they happy about it? 

The article does not answer any of those questions. All the article does is further Meghan's narrative of look at me I'm suffering like nobody else has ever suffered.

• Useful 2
  • Love 22
(edited)

Meghan and her husband have both tweeted a link to the piece she “wrote”. Interesting, from the woman who said, “only 7% of the American public are active on Twitter.”.

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
10 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

"I had a miscarriage. I loved my baby, and I always will. To the end of my days I will remember this child — and whatever children come will not obscure that. I have love for my child. I have love for all the women who, like me, were briefly in the sisterhood of motherhood, hoping, praying and nursing joy within us, until the day the joy was over."

So, dear, suffering Meghan, now that you have experienced pregnancy and the love and loss of a "baby daughter," will you ever empathacize/sympathize with the women who make/made the difficult decisions to terminate their pregnancies--especially those who also considered them daughters or sons and will always remember them.   

• Love 24
9 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Why would she go to another news outlet to make this announcement?  Is she using this as a ploy for sympathy during her contract negotiations with ABC?

And she was just rambling about how her friends don't have a "platform" and she has a show.

So Meghan doesn't use her own "platform" that she has and her friends don't?

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
14 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I wonder if this recent news about the miscarriage would explain her increasing rage & anger over everything

Oh, she had plenty of rage and anger since she started on this show, it just didn't start with this "miscarriage".

• Love 23
3 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

So, dear, suffering Meghan, now that you have experienced pregnancy and the love and loss of a "baby daughter," will you ever empathacize/sympathize with the women who make/made the difficult decisions to terminate their pregnancies--especially those who also considered them daughters or sons and will always remember them.   

This will only make Meghan vilify Other Women as being Ungrateful for their chance to Bring Life into The World when she, The Most Deserving of Us All, was denied that chance.

I actually do feel sorry for Meghan. Even if the pregnancy was unplanned,  she was saddened and disappointed by the miscarriage.  I'm sure that experiencing a miscarriage within a year of her adored father's death was devastating. I hope that the upcoming break and time with her family will help to heal her.

I also feel that she does not have the strength of character to process all this in a healthy way. She seems to lack many of the tools we have for healing (empathy, self-reflection, humor,  etc.), so I'm pretty sure this will intensify her Ultimate Victim posturing and be weaponized against people who disagree with her, particularly concerning abortion.

However, I hope I'm wrong.

• Love 15

She says in the article "the surprise of learning I was pregnant" so I assume that means it was not planned. 

I won't go so far as to say I think she's lying about it, because no matter how horrible I think she is, I don't want to believe that. But I do believe it's a ploy for sympathy; at first she says she wanted to keep it private, well then why didn't she? She also says she returned to work after 2 days because rumors would have started about her. Please. 

I do remember some speculation she was pregnant but not sure if it fits the time frame. 

• Love 11
14 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I missed a few days of work. It wasn’t many, but given the job I have, it was enough to spark gossip about why I would be away from “The View.”

No Meghan, it did not "spark gossip" about why you were gone.  We were just happy to be "Meghan free".

You've "missed a few days of work"  plenty of times before this and no one really cared!

• Love 23
(edited)
4 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

No because she's suffered a miscarriage and cannot imagine terminating a pregnancy voluntarily.*

This will become her anti-abortion argument from now on.

*FTR she has not said this. I am just guessing what her rhetoric will become.

Edited by Blissfool
  • Love 20
7 minutes ago, OnTime said:

What is this "high-pressure, high-visibility, high-stress field" that she choose?

"Working" one hour a day at The View???

Thank you!   I was just coming here to post that same thought.   It PISSES me off that Meghan thinks her "job", the job of talking on TV for an hour, 5 days a week, is a high pressure  job.  Compared to WHAT?  

I've had a lot of jobs in my life, and I WILL SAY that every job I've ever had has been a higher pressure job that what she does. 

• Love 20
15 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

And on a less elevated note, but one every mother in media has considered: How am I going to be pregnant with everyone watching?

Well Meghan, "everyone" isn't pay as much attention to you as you might think.  Stop thinking so highly of yourself.

Gosh, every "mother in the media" (that is a new one) has been able to do it.

P.S. I am  having fun ripping apart this article!!

• LOL 5
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, OnTime said:

Oh, she had plenty of rage and anger since she started on this show, it just didn't start with this "miscarriage".

Yeah, there's definitely no way this explains or excuses her behavior. She's been the same since Day 1. It escalated to the point that she was cursing people out because she got away with so much and never suffered any real consequences. She's just an old-fashioned narcissist.

2 hours ago, OnTime said:

What is this "high-pressure, high-visibility, high-stress field" that she choose?

"Working" one hour a day at The View???

LOL  And if there's any stress or tension at The View these days, it's because she caused it herself. How privileged can the woman be to think that being paid a million dollars to sit in a seat 5 hours a week to do nothing except scream at her co-workers and the audience, read "her" thoughts off of blue cards, and act like a psycho in general is "hard work"? She is an embarrassment.

• Love 24

Can I say something?   

Back in March, I made these  2 posts:   

March 26 · 

On 3/26/2019 at 12:43 PM, Vixenstud said:

What in the bluedilly blow up doll?!  Dang, she's got some tig ol' bitties.

Sometimes big swollen tits are an early sign of pregnancy.

Meghan has said in the past that she wasn't sure she wanted kids. Shes at the age where she can't really delay that decision too much longer. Maybe she decided in favor?

Just saying. 

March 29 · 

I said a week or so as go that I thought Meghan might be pregnant. I'm going by the fullness in her face, and increase in her boobage.

So -   It seems that every once in a while I DO know what I'm talking about. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 11

You know who else had a miscarriage Michelle Obama when she was alone in Chicago.

I think this is a ploy. Meghan team saw the good will Mrs Obama got after telling this story and they decided to use. Meghan and her husband are so self centered. They transform everything about them. Can she be asked to leave?

• Love 15