Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, falltime said:

I wonder if she is drunk, she keep deleting and re-posting tweets. Tulsi's tweeter posted a screenshot of MM tweet, so MM re-posted the original tweet. 

That and/or she was getting a lot of shit from people in her comments (rightfully so). It’s a DEMOCRATIC primary debate and all this idiot can think about is letting the ladies of The View host the debate and why the Dems aren’t “reaching out” to Republicans? Newsflash, Manic McCain: you’re a co-host on a show that already invites plenty of politicians on and you can ask your ridiculous “gotcha” questions there. You’re not as smart as you think when it comes to politics and 99.5% of the time the politicians look like they want to laugh in your face for asking such stupid, ill-informed questions.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 21
8 hours ago, deirdra said:

Why do I think Meghan pronounced it "hyper bowl" when she first read a blue card about hyperbole last week?  I suspect Sunny or Joy corrected her, but I wish they hadn't now that it has become her favourite word.

I'm just glad she's finally moved on from cacophony.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan thinks very highly of herself, doesn't she?  

Innocuous?  Meg has a new word!  (And not using it in a way that makes sense!)

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, Marigny said:

I'm just glad she's finally moved on from cacophony.

I don't know if you guys used to watch a living color back in the day, there was a skit where a character would used big words to sound smart and it just made them look dumb and foolish. That is Megan, a fool who has been told she is a smart, informed affable important capable woman. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • LOL 6
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

That and/or she was getting a lot of shit from people in her comments (rightfully so). It’s a DEMOCRATIC primary debate and all this idiot can think about is letting the ladies of The View host the debate and why the Dems aren’t “reaching out” to Republicans? Newsflash, Manic McCain: you’re a co-host on a show that already invites plenty of politicians on and you can ask your ridiculous “gotcha” questions there. You’re not as smart as you think when it comes to politics and 99.5% of the time the politicians look like they want to laugh in your face for asking such stupid, ill-informed questions.

Meghan wants to host a debate, thinking that every candidate would start out by praising her father. Some of them would even begin answers with,"as the late great john McCain once said....."

• LOL 5
  • Love 11

Thank you for the love on my last post everyone ❤️ I did end up sending it to ABC, and even though I don’t expect anything to come of it, it felt good to get off my chest. I haven’t watched in ages but I saw the clip on TYT, and it was shortly after I saw that awful photo of that man and his daughter who drowned in the river trying to cross the border and I just...I can’t believe this bitch has the nerve to sit up on that stool and badly argue semantics when kids are literally dying. She’s not the only one either...the amount of comments underneath the photo, things I don’t even want to repeat...it makes me sick. And it’s sick that these cold hearted bastards have a voice on major networks in the form of Megan and her ilk. 

• Love 18
18 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I don't know if you guys used to watch a living color back in the day, there was a skit where a character would used big words to sound smart and it just made them look dumb and foolish. That is Megan, a fool who has been told she is a smart, informed affable important capable woman. 

Yep Damon Wayans played him.

Wouldn't you love to know her SAT scores?  Or her GPA.  Meghan is nowhere as smart as she thinks she is.  Back in the day there were posters here and elsewhere that referred to Elisabeth as TLB (Torture loving Barbie).  Meghan is Pundit Barbie.  I'm surprised she doesn't wear glasses to make herself look smarter.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Wouldn't you love to know her SAT scores?  Or her GPA.  Meghan is nowhere as smart as she thinks she is.  Back in the day there were posters here and elsewhere that referred to Elisabeth as TLB (Torture loving Barbie).  Meghan is Pundit Barbie.  I'm surprised she doesn't wear glasses to make herself look smarter.

What type of Barbie is Abby?

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

MM is Entitled Nepotism Barbie (with swiveling neck and snarling lip). 

Accessories include automatic weapon and vodka bottle (empty), and blue cards.  

Ultra edition includes pull string fry voice/valley girl vocal of: My father, my father, my father, etc. 

She's too stupid to be even a "pundint" Barbie. 

SNL used to do a Drunk-Girl skit, I think with Chris Farley, that I'm reminded of when MM goes into her one of her word-salad rants. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 9
(edited)
3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan is Pundit Barbie.  I'm surprised she doesn't wear glasses to make herself look smarter.

She did wear glasses one day several months ago, not long after SE Cupp was on, but they didn't keep her from saying stupid stuff, so MM apparently has given up on trying to "look" smart; she looked more like Rick Perry than SE Cupp.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Tosia said:

MM is Entitled Nepotism Barbie (with swiveling neck and snarling lip). 

Accessories include automatic weapon and vodka bottle (empty), and blue cards.  

Ultra edition includes pull string fry voice/valley girl vocal of: My father, my father, my father, etc. 

She's too stupid to be even a "pundint" Barbie. 

SNL used to do a Drunk-Girl skit, I think with Chris Farley, that I'm reminded of when MM goes into her one of her word-salad rants. 

Nah, she is the wanna be Barbie that you find in a bargain bin.  A 'Barby'.  You know, the kind that is really cheap and bad that would never in a million years be an appropriate sub?  The type that was used for doll cakes in the 70s.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Nah, she is the wanna be Barbie that you find in a bargain bin.  A 'Barby'.  You know, the kind that is really cheap and bad that would never in a million years be an appropriate sub?  The type that was used for doll cakes in the 70s.  

This comment reminded me of something. Christmas-late 80's. My sister's spoiled daughters were opening their gifts and they opened the one from their grandpa (my dad) and yelled, "Look Mom, he got us the cheap Barbies!"  

It is sad, isn't it? I wasn't sure because we used humor to cope with things in our family, but it made me sad when I thought about it. That poor reaction is directly my sister's fault. Luckily dad was pretty oblivious to things. I remember cringing when it happened. Now y'all see why I need so much space.

Edited by GiveMeSpace
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

This comment reminded me of something. Christmas-late 80's. My sister's spoiled daughters were opening their gifts and they opened the one from their grandpa (my dad) and yelled, "Look Mom, he got us the cheap Barbies!"  

It is sad, isn't it? I wasn't sure because we used humor to cope with things in our family, but it made me sad when I thought about it. That poor reaction is directly my sister's fault. Luckily dad was pretty oblivious to things. I remember cringing when it happened. Now y'all see why I need so much space.

Aw, I wanna give grandpa a hug.

• Love 13
24 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

That IS really sad!  Grandpa was doing a nice thing.  Hopefully your sister explained later that it was mean.

• Love 8

Y'all-grandpa and grandma fought to keep schools from desegregating and sister is a Sociopath so don't feel too bad for him...I still hate when people act entitled or ungrateful, but it is only fair to point out that most actors in this story were bad. Except me-I was good and properly ashamed of them all. 

Oh at Dad's funeral, the preacher he chose to speak used a racial slur. It was 2004. My book is called Raised by and Around Assholes.

• Love 9
(edited)

You'd think someone who grew up in a "border state" and went to private school would understand some Spanish.  I took French in school in Canada but could understand Beto's Spanish words with American English accent & sentence structure. 

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan wants to host a debate, thinking that every candidate would start out by praising her father.

Unfortunately, she'd be correct in too many cases.  Those who didn't mention him would be lambasted the next day--for "other reasons," of course.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

You’re not as smart as you think when it comes to politics and 99.5% of the time the politicians look like they want to laugh in your face for asking such stupid, ill-informed questions.

YEAH!  Let's get some art historians on the show.  Surely she'd hold her own since it's her college major/degree.  Art historians, c'mon anytime!

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

MM really doesn't listen to anyone does she?  Julian C. said that to decriminalize but people entering illegally would still be processed through the laws on the books, which could lead to deportation.  And how does MM respond "OPEN BORDERS!!!"  The only part she heard was when he said that "right-wing" people.  

*Spanglish is not about an accent when speaking English.  It's using both languages within the same sentence when speaking or even making an English word sound like a Spanish word or vice a versa.  Example:  Esperame and then we can go.   Estabamos hablando when he came.     That's what we call Spanglish where I'm from (California).

ETA: I meant an accent when speaking Spanish.

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

Oh yeah, my grand parents on both sides threw in Russian and Yiddish with English all the time. I got so use to it I was messing up in grade school. Ha.

I love hearing about others doing this as due to family history we tend to speak a confusing mix of English, Italian, French, Greek and Arabic 😂. Well, confusing to others, it makes sense to us! 😉.

I can just feel Meghan's discomfort with people speaking anything other than English, her sarcastic response to Joy saying "au contraire" the other day totally comes across as her being a "freedom fries" type person.

3 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Unfortunately, she'd be correct in too many cases.  Those who didn't mention him would be lambasted the next day--for "other reasons," of course.

I agree, I think a lot of them would mention him, while she stares at them with that basilisk stare of hers. Even when people are complimentary she still looks pissed!

• Love 3
4 hours ago, deirdra said:

You'd think someone who grew up in a "border state" and went to private school would understand some Spanish.  I took French in school in Canada but could understand Beto's Spanish words with American English accent & sentence structure. 

You would, but this is a woman who went to an Ivy League school yet had never heard of hyperbole before and wasn't familiar with the common French expression "au contraire."

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, SuzieSioux said:

I agree, I think a lot of them would mention him, while she stares at them with that basilisk stare of hers. Even when people are complimentary she still looks pissed!

MM is nice to people who mention her father favourably, so anyone who knows her history would butter her up so that they would be able to sell their book or candidacy or whatever without her screeching at them.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

MM is out of control tonight - posting on twitter and deleting some, trying to be funny and cute.

Not exactly being a self professed "political analysis." 

Abby is being shredded as well. Her views are not going over well either about the Debate. She is deleting like mad. Poor mommy.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
54 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Anyway, she decided to answer some questions from users. Somebody asked her what she’s learned being on The View. She said, “oh, there’s so much. One thing I’ve learned is don’t say mother fucker while my mic is on.” So she basically confirmed that the daily mail story is true

and the story was not JUST that she said the word.  It's that she called producer Brian a motherfucker - IN FRONT OF THE STUDIO AUDIENCE.  How in the world is she allowed to stay on the show?  

• Love 9
1 minute ago, tinkerbell said:

and the story was not JUST that she said the word.  It's that she called producer Brian a motherfucker - IN FRONT OF THE STUDIO AUDIENCE.  How in the world is she allowed to stay on the show?  

Exactly. And she laughed it off pretty much in the video, like it was a joke. She knows she’s not going anywhere, clearly. 

• Love 5
(edited)

^ Wait, she never gets to talk about grief on The View so she is going to talk about it on Instagram because she feels weird talking about it on The View because she spoke about it too much there? Work that one out.

Also, she is even more twisted in the mind than I thought if she seriously thinks people's problem with her talking about her father is a "backlash against talking about grief". And so she's going to still bring up taboo subjects. Wut?!

And decorating her house with horns and Arizona flags? She is ridiculous! Her house is just a huge testament to her insecurities about herself, seriously. Got to prove to everyone how middle American and patriotic she is!

And finally (and cheaply), she's waiting for friends to come over? Girl, you have no friends.

Edited by SuzieSioux
Grammar.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
(edited)

I  think the reason Meghan self-identifies so strongly with external organizations, people, and symbols (the Republican party, the flag, the military, Arizona, guns/NRA, her father's legacy, her husband) is that she has nothing internal to talk about. She doesn't seem to have a strong moral code, or hobbies, or volunteer activities, or anything that she can talk about that comes from within. It's all identification with things/people that exist outside of herself.

I wonder if she has any sense at all of who she is.

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Useful 3
  • Love 18
7 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I  think the reason Meghan self-identifies so strongly with external organizations, people, and symbols (the Republican party, the flag, the military, Arizona, guns/NRA, her father's legacy, her husband) is that she has nothing internal to talk about. She doesn't seem to have a strong moral code, or hobbies, or volunteer activities, or anything that she can talk about that comes from within. It's all identification with things/people that exist outside of herself.

I wonder if she has any sense at all of who she is.

I have said before, I think Meghan had her heart set on her dad being president.  Her grief goes past missing her father. It's about realizing that her fantasy, of being the "first daughter", living in the White House, everyone following her every move, is not going to happen. 

So watching presidential debates are especially difficult for her. She's mourning her father, sure, but more importantly she's mourning her dreams.

• Useful 6
  • Love 18
(edited)
10 hours ago, maggiemae said:

MM is out of control tonight - posting on twitter and deleting some, trying to be funny and cute.

Not exactly being a self professed "political analysis." 

Abby is being shredded as well. Her views are not going over well either about the Debate. She is deleting like mad. Poor mommy.

Seriously.  Personally, I thought Marianne Williamson was ridiculous at the debate and on her View appearance. Still, I think Meghan's continuous jeering at her is stupid. I mean, disparaging Williamson for multiple days after her appearance? Digging through old Williamson tweets to make fun of her? Is she really worth that much effort?

Yet another example of Meghan trying to prove to the Cool Kids that she belongs with them--this time by relentlessly mocking an easy target.

Edited by Vanderboom
  • Love 16

She still has no idea who she really is and probably never will.  She’s sees herself as intelligent, kind, caring  and  badass, don’t forget that.  I’m willing to bet she’s never been in any situation that she’s realistically had to be “bad ass”.  She has no idea what the real world is like.   She has no sense of humor, unless, of course, she thinks she’s said something funny.   Her continued rudeness to Joy and others, tells the true story about Meagain.   I’m betting she was one of those girls  who’d walk up to a group of kids, and screech, what’s going on guys, and they’d all embarrassingly say, nothing Meghan, and turn away.    

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
35 minutes ago, GladysCravits said:

I’m betting she was one of those girls  who’d walk up to a group of kids, and screech, what’s going on guys, and they’d all embarrassingly say, nothing Meghan, and turn away.    

The only time she talks about friends is when it's someone in her own party (Clay Aiken is the one exception) .  That speaks volumes.  Doesn't she have any friends from when she was growing up?  College?

• Love 10
(edited)

I like how Chris Christie listed Kamala's good qualities: "she wasn't interrupting, she wasn't nasty, she wasn't name-calling and caustic".  I.e. she's the antithesis of Meagain.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 4
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Doesn't she have any friends from when she was growing up?  College?

Y E A H ! ! ! !     And surely they all weren't tracked down and forced to sign Nondisclosure Agreements.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I have said before, I think Meghan had her heart set on her dad being president.  Her grief goes past missing her father. It's about realizing that her fantasy, of being the "first daughter", living in the White House, everyone following her every move, is not going to happen. 

I agree...and she didn't consider she would have been 24-25, an unemployed college graduate, living with mommy and daddy, and be spoken of in the negative ways people talk about Ivanka today.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Y E A H ! ! ! !     And surely they all weren't tracked down and forced to sign Nondisclosure Agreements.

That is what I was wondering.  It would be great to have a couple of her classmates who haven't signed NDAs visit the show and spill the dirt on Meghan then and now.

• Love 8

Thank you for posting that live streaming video of Meghan. I didn't recognize her at first. She looks so young and fresh and pretty. She shouldn't wear so much make-up on the show - she doesn't need it. Also, she didn't screech very much - spoke normally for most of the video; however, her entitled attitude came through loud and clear! I think she's dreadfully unhappy. I think she protests *way* too much about her marriage, her relationship, etc. I can't stand her and, yet, I also feel sorry for her. Mostly, though, I can't stand her.

• Love 14
(edited)
47 minutes ago, fishsanwitt said:

Thank you for posting that live streaming video of Meghan. I didn't recognize her at first. She looks so young and fresh and pretty. She shouldn't wear so much make-up on the show - she doesn't need it. Also, she didn't screech very much - spoke normally for most of the video; however, her entitled attitude came through loud and clear! I think she's dreadfully unhappy. I think she protests *way* too much about her marriage, her relationship, etc. I can't stand her and, yet, I also feel sorry for her. Mostly, though, I can't stand her.

I noticed that, too - she was speaking in a normal tone, but her entitled attitude was still very loud and clear. As others have stated, she is very insecure and as a result, her unhappiness bleeds through the screen. She seems very lost. Seeing as she’s a woman in her early 30s, that’s not a good sign. 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 9