Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I saw it.  I wish she'd be this pleasant on The View.  She did admit she has a resting bitch face.

She had her usual edge and I didn't find her all that pleasant.  Well she wasn't angry with anyone, so there is that.  Her husband was the bartender. Not a bad looking guy. 

When asked how it was going on the View she said, she said she has trouble getting the conservative point of view across!  That  would be her tag line on a housewife show.

Does she ever do that? I have only seen her blast Joy's point of view and defend Trump never saying why conservatives like what he is doing. Ever. 

She said her favorites on RHOBH were Erica and Doret with Rinna sitting beside her.  Of course she likes the bitches. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, Wings said:

She said her favorites on RHOBH were Erica and Doret with Rinna sitting beside her.  Of course she likes the bitches. 

I like Erica. Having said that a big difference between her and Elsa is that Erica knows how to work being a bitch to her advantage without making a large percentage of the viewers wish she wasn't on the show. Erica has also been open about how she grew up and that wasn't as a trust fund baby who has no idea how the world works outside of a protective bubble.

Mr. Elsa looked like a lump on a log in terms of personality behind that bar. I wonder who's idea it was for him to be back there last night? Maybe he was nervous and seems more personable on shows where he's more comfortable?  I don't think I've seen an episode of Real Time that he's been on. I don't watch that show as often as I did a few years ago. Elsa always seems as happy as a pig in mud during these nighttime appearances though.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Jaded said:

I like Erica. Having said that a big difference between her and Elsa is that Erica knows how to work being a bitch to her advantage without making a large percentage of the viewers wish she wasn't on the show. Erica has also been open about how she grew up and that wasn't as a trust fund baby who has no idea how the world works outside of a protective bubble.

Mr. Elsa looked like a lump on a log in terms of personality behind that bar. I wonder who's idea it was for him to be back there last night? Maybe he was nervous and seems more personable on shows where he's more comfortable?  I don't think I've seen an episode of Real Time that he's been on. I don't watch that show as often as I did a few years ago. Elsa always seems as happy as a pig in mud during these nighttime appearances though.

Erica is ok, I hear what you are saying.  She is humorless and why I can’t warm to her.  Elsa shares that with her. :-) 

Andy usually engages the bartender a little but I don’t think he knew what to say that would bring him out. 

Rinna was unchacteristically quiet.  Elsa took center stage. 

• Love 4

Was not at all pleased to see her pop up on WWHL along with her boring husband and give her unnecessary opinions on a range of Bravo Reality shows cast members. I think she may have done the show before a couple years back, but I had any idea how Vile she was back then. Also, I honestly can't understand how she seems to think (in her mind) that she has some sort of status as a gay-ally? She once spoke up on supporting gay marriage years ago, but now conveniently turns a blind eye to all things mike Pence.  Just because she's friendly with Clay Aiken and Andy Cohen will occasionally let her drop by as a guest on his talk show does not solidify her as a fabulous friend to the gays. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

The View needs a bar during the show to loosen her up.

Well, she's made it known that she enjoys whiskey so I say ABC should let 'em all get wasted one day on the show and let's see if a different Meghan shows up.

9 hours ago, Wings said:

When asked how it was going on the View she said, she said she has trouble getting the conservative point of view across! 

Really, now? Nearly every comment she makes is prefaced with "as a conservative/republican..." so she's wrong. We get the conservative POV, daily.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 9

I just watched the WWHL segment in full and she once again complains about The View, claiming that “it’s such a difficult job.” Poor Meghan. She goes on to say that it’s “highly political” and “highly nuanced.”  Isn’t Meghan the main one who constantly reminds us of the political party she affiliates herself with?

She also, once again, says she loves Hasselbeck. Of all the conservatives who have been co-hosts on The View, why is Elizabeth the only one she just loves so much?

I did LOL when Andy pointed out that sometimes it seems like Meghan wants to give up, which she in turn blames on her “resting bitch face.” Yeah, mmkay, Meghan - not to mention your huffing and puffing, drinking your water when you’re uncomfortable, eyerolling, shifting in your seat, ect. None of that, right?

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Does she not realize that the second statement is praising this show?

As many times as she’s incorrectly used words, I seriously doubt it. 

1 minute ago, Haleth said:

Nuanced??  The View is anything but nuanced. I think Meghan is trying out a new word. 

Maybe we should all start a new drinking game: every time Meg decides to use a new word, take a shot. I can’t remember if anyone else already suggested this but if not, I’m totally suggesting it now.

17 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I saw it.  I wish she'd be this pleasant on The View.  She did admit she has a resting bitch face.

I’m sorry but she still wasn’t pleasant to me. I wanted to withhold my opinions until I watched the segment and yeah... she’s not being challenged and therefore comes off as “pleasant.” 

• Love 8
(edited)
15 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I'm not a fan either.  I can't put my finger on it but there is something about him that rubs me the wrong way.

I’m not really crazy about him either but I did want to watch this particular segment with Meghan.

15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

LOL no. To fight and debate their opinions is not why it’s called The View. They were not “fighting” when the show initially aired. 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 10
16 minutes ago, ABitOFluff said:

She looks like a presenter in a 1980s cable music show.

She really does have a terrible stylist.   And if she doesn't have a stylist she needs one.

The severe hairstyle and red lipstick do her no favors. It's like she is purposefully trying to look like a soap opera villain.

• Love 11
(edited)
5 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I'm not a fan either.  I can't put my finger on it but there is something about him that rubs me the wrong way.

I didn't like how he treated Kathy Griffin, after her stupid joke. I hate how he exploits women in his housewives franchise. He had the nerve to say that his shows empower women. He was gobsmacked, when Gloria Steinem set him straight, on his show.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Back to MM's fury at Delta -  13 tickets have been discounted for NRA members - ever!

Yeah, I heard that too.  So the GA legislature is threatening thousands of jobs over 13 discounted tickets.  Unbelievable.

• Love 11

From Week of 3/5/2018 Thread

5 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I think that the show is trying to rehabilitate her image.  They must know that she is not liked by the audience. If I was a conservative, I would be embarrassed, by her incoherence, malapropism, immaturity and nasty attitude.  She just wants to fight and spout her point of view, unchallenged..

Here's the thing for me. Until she showed up as the new permanent co-host, I knew diddly squat about her, and what I did know, wasn't negative. I remember saying that the time she was a guest on this show, she seemed personable. Then someone sent a link of her being an idiot and schooled by Paul Begala. Still, I kept an open mind.

And then she showed up as the new permanent host and unleashed a torrent of privilege, tone-deafness, nastiness, self-absorption, vitriol that doesn't seem to be abating and I want her gone, STAT. There was nothing to rehabilitate, because she was never as awful, insufferable and horrid, as she is on this show. They should have shown her the door months ago. I'm all for healthy debate; not for constant rudeness, passive-aggressiveness and fighting. Which is what Meghan brings to the table.

• Love 18
7 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Here's the thing for me. Until she showed up as the new permanent co-host, I knew diddly squat about her, and what I did know, wasn't negative. I remember saying that the time she was a guest on this show, she seemed personable. Then someone sent a link of her being an idiot and schooled by Paul Begala. Still, I kept an open mind.

And then she showed up as the new permanent host and unleashed a torrent of privilege, tone-deafness, nastiness, self-absorption, vitriol that doesn't seem to be abating and I want her gone, STAT. There was nothing to rehabilitate, because she was never as awful, insufferable and horrid, as she is on this show. They should have shown her the door months ago. I'm all for healthy debate; not for constant rudeness, passive-aggressiveness and fighting. Which is what Meghan brings to the table.

Other than her getting her ass handed to her on Real Time (which I saw live and it was glorious) I knew of her and thought she was relatively harmless.  I had seen the ad she did with her mom in favor of legalizing gay marriage and didn't see her as a right wing conservative.

She was on the View for a couple months before I started watching the show again.  I had quit watching when Joy left. I kept reading about her on this board and decided I had to check her out and Christ on a cracker she lived up to her reputation.  She is far worse than Elisabeth ever was.  As much as GOP Barbie EH was she didn't live and die by that identity.  The topic could be condiments and Meghan would say Republicans like ketchup. (Because President Obama put mustard on a burger).  She has one goal and that is to present her "view".  She doesn't want to hear anyone else's view.  She doesn't want to be challenged on her view.  She just wants everyone to listen to her view and have a come to Jesus moment and say "Yes Meghan has made me see the light.".  

She does not do well as part of an ensemble.  Especially one that doesn't agree with her.  She would do so much better on the radio.  She could spout off her view and interact with callers who share it.

Meghan is so entrenched in her "tribalism"  I doubt she will ever have a successful television career.  People might be tuning into the View to watch her but I don't think it's because they are becoming fans of her.  As been said many times already a lot of people (myself included) are just waiting for one of two things to happen.  Whoopi finally lets loose on her or Meghan has a screaming hissy fit.  I'm thinking the latter could cause the former.

• Love 20

I agree with everything you posted @blondiec0332. But I want to add that it's a morning talk show, not an evening news program.  In the first years of the show, it was referred to as a "coffee klatch", women getting their husbands off to work, their kids off to school, and then having their time with friends. They didn't always agree, but they listened to each other.  They talked about both serious and light topics, laughed a lot, and had fun.

Over the years,  The show sometimes has that feeling, but certain co-hosts have made the overall tone more combative.  (Bitsy, during the Obama election times) Meghan changes the tone. It's no longer a groups of friends dishing about current events. It's confrontational, with demands to defend a point of view,  lecturing, defensiveness, etc.  You don't get the feeling that this group is having fun, it's a chore for them to get through the show.

I have posted this before, but I compare it to the chemistry hosts have on The Chew. They tease each other, laugh at themselves, and seem to be having a blast. You get the feeling(whether or not it's true) that when the show is over, they continue chatting, eating and laughing. On The View, you get the feeling that when the show is over they race to their dressing rooms and are out the door in five minutes.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

Omg.   There is an entire television news network devoted to her perspective.  As of right now Congress and SCOTUS share her perspective.  I for one don't want to hear her perspective.  Meghan just please STFU about being a conservative living in a liberal world.  Nobody is making you live your life any differently.   Liberals aren't going to make you stop being a Christian.   Liberals aren't going to force you to terminate a pregnancy.  Just stop seeing everything through conservative glasses and go to the fucking Museum of Modern Art.  Go to Bloomingdales.  Whatever.  Just take a break from politics for one afternoon.

• Love 21
(edited)
1 hour ago, Tanichka said:

No - do tell all!

I don’t want to go into too much detail but basically, she’s at a round table (why she was invited, I’m not sure), they’re talking about multiple topics pertaining to the Trump administration and one such topic is the NRA and the gun debate. Meghan says that the NRA does speak for her, she’s a proud NRA member and Trump’s flip-flopping is confusing because most people thought he was a “Upper East Side liberal who didn’t have a lot of experience in gun country like the rest of us.” 

One person at the roundatble, Chief Political Analyst Matthew Dowd, asks Meghan if she believes in universal background checks.

Meghan: I do, yes, but -

Matthew: okay, so the NRA doesn’t speak for you. Do you believe bumpstocks should be banned?

Meghan: [stuttering] uh, uh I’m not going to go in a tit for tat on what [inaudible]

Matthew: There are some things that the NRA -

Meghan: I was offended by the way Dana Loesch was treated by the CNN Town Hall in a lot of different places and what happens is it makes people like me very tribal over our guns and over the Second Amendment, over things like that...

I don’t understand why she’s being invited to talk about topics like this when she won’t discuss in detail what she believes, won’t say anything more than what the conservative base supposedly believes and is otherwise “offended” by everything.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 12
30 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Poor wee precious!!  She has no like-minded friends in New York City?  WTF??

5 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan: I was offended by the way Dana Loesch was treated by the CNN Town Hall in a lot of different places and what happens is it makes people like me very tribal over our guns and over the Second Amendment, over things like that...

Poor Meggie, when she doesn't remember her talking points, it's "very tribal, blah, blah, blah".  What an airhead!!!

• Love 11

She worked at Faux News and I'm guessing those people live in NY and surrounding areas. Doesn't her husband have some conservative friends who can help her broaden her circle too? She has the money to move wherever the hell she wants. She doesn't have to be on TV she chooses to be.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

I don’t understand why she’s being invited to talk about topics like this when she won’t discuss in detail what she believes, won’t say anything more than what the conservative base supposedly believes and is otherwise “offended” by everything.

This is the question, isn't it?

• Love 5
(edited)

I think that is the problem. MM parrots others and can't back it up or explain it. If one follows her twitter she rarely gives her opinion - just others with no explanations as to why she agrees.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I wonder - does she constantly talk about her "worldview"  to everyone she meets?  Does she identify what "her side"  is when she's eating out, getting her hair done, shopping?  I meet and talk with people every day without knowing if they share my "worldview", whatever the fuck that is. 

I don't go around lamenting "oh poor me!  I'm a liberal living in the suburbs! there are conservatives here, they don't share my opinion!" 

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, backformore said:

I wonder - does she constantly talk about her "worldview"  to everyone she meets?  Does she identify what "her side"  is when she's eating out, getting her hair done, shopping?  I meet and talk with people every day without knowing if they share my "worldview", whatever the fuck that is. 

I don't go around lamenting "oh poor me!  I'm a liberal living in the suburbs! there are conservatives here, they don't share my opinion!" 

Her entire identity is based on being a conservative, methinks. The topic could be what does the color of your urine say about your health and she’d find some way to fit her “as a conservative” narrative into the conversation. 

• Love 9

Is Meghan so desperate to be part of that "tribe" she is willing to lose her self respect?  Dana was a nasty bitch.  Lord knows I'm no fan of Meghan's but that was just mean.  If Meghan thinks this c*** (I never use that word but it applies here) is her friend I feel sorry for her.  Meghan honey please stop choosing "friends" by their political affiliation.  

• Love 10
On 3/9/2018 at 11:42 PM, bannana said:

Wow, and I am pretty sure she said Dana Loesch is her friend.  Hahahaha!

The valley girl voice that Dana used to imitate MM was funny and spot-on. MM is dumber than I thought if she's defending her. 

Also, since when are there NO conservatives in NY?  Or CA?  

Seriously, painting a state--any state-- ALL red or ALL blue is just wrong.   I grew up liberal in Nebraska.  And I knew conservatives in CO. Fuck your tribalism,  Meggie. 

And I'm a proud FEMINIST, one label I will gladly wear. 

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 10
On 3/9/2018 at 1:48 PM, Jan Levenson said:

Dana is Meghan’s really good friend.

Lol, this cracked me up. MM is as nasty mean to people as her "friend"  is being to MM so, that makes me laugh. I do wonder why MM is calling This Dana person a friend?  It is also hilarious that her "friend's" description of MM is exactly how many posters here describe her, we all can't be wrong.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, imjagain said:

Lol, this cracked me up. MM is as nasty mean to people as her "friend"  is being to MM so, that makes me laugh. I do wonder why MM is calling This Dana person a friend?  It is also hilarious that her "friend's" description of MM is exactly how many posters here describe her, we all can't be wrong.

If you are a Republican, then, you are her friend.  She should look at Paula and Joy's dynamic.  They don't have the same political beliefs, but, they were able to bond, in other ways, as human beings. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

If you are a Republican, then, you are her friend.  She should look at Paula and Joy's dynamic.  They don't have the same political beliefs, but, they were able to bond, in other ways, as human beings. 

Meghan is like the human equivalent of a bot.  She has one agenda. To cause an uproar by spewing forth her view.

• Love 14
53 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan is like the human equivalent of a bot.  She has one agenda. To cause an uproar by spewing forth her view.

She is a troll. She has nothing to say of value when they are discussing light topics. As soon as, somebody says something about her people. She starts spewing her talking points.  There was that time where she had a speech written on her blue cards, decrying, the evils of Liberals. Whoopie put a stop to that...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 10

I would love for Meghan to explain what the "conservative agenda"  or "conservative family values" mean to her.   Apart from anti-abortion, what does she think conservatives and republicans stand for?  She identifies with being a conservative, but then talks a lot about trump's "base", and sometimes seems like she accepts being part of that group, other times does not.  As much as she argues, she's never really given a clear picture of what she, as a conservative, thinks.

When asked, she reverts to talking about what her  " friend"  thinks, or what she heard at a gas station, or trying to explain what the average trump supporter thinks, or what was said at a conservative gathering she was at, or even what her father stands for.  She has a lot of difficulty talking about her own view.

• Love 10