Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I like that SNL went in a little more on Meghan. 

"The only daughter at the table" lol

"Let me talk".

"The person most upset"

There is much more they can go after about but it's a start. Her ridiculousness is definitely there. They didn't touch on it much the first time. I'm ok with this episode. 

Still no Sunny? I like sunny but there is so much to make fun of.

Ditto all this. Joy brought up the prosecutor, jealousy, and chickens for a start.

The Whoopi imitation is really good. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

Ditto all this. Joy brought up the prosecutor, jealousy, and chickens for a start.

The Whoopi imitation is really good. 

Maybe they didn't have someone who could play Sunny 

• Love 1
(edited)
31 minutes ago, TheView said:

Maybe they didn't have someone who could play Sunny 

Yes. Nobody on the current cast is the right racial makeup to play Sunny. 

Last time they had a "The View" sketch there was endless speculation on here about who should have played Sunny. But they have a cast, many of whom are limited to a few minutes on the show, they're not going to hire someone specifically for a minor character in one sketch. And they're certainly not going to have Sunny played by a white actor. 

I think they did the sketch just to make fun of Meghan, who thinks of herself as a victim who has to fight to make herself heard. And the "only daughter on the panel" line was hilarious, as Meghan really does present her grief as special and unique. Meghan's husband dissed both seth Myers  and lorne michaels, there's no way SNL was going to ignore that.

Edited by tinkerbell
  • LOL 3
  • Love 18
14 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Last time they had a "The View" sketch there was endless speculation on here about who should have played Sunny. But they have a cast, many of whom are limited to a few minutes on the show, they're not going to hire someone specifically for a minor character in one sketch. And they're certainly not going to have Sunny played by a white actor. 

I think they did the sketch just to make fun of Meghan, who thinks of herself as a victim who has to fight to make herself heard. And the "only daughter on the panel" line was hilarious, as Meghan really does present her grief as special and unique. Meghan's husband dissed both seth Myers  and lorne michaels, there's no way SNL was going to ignore that.

I think you're right. And that makes me feel pretty great about the skit.

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I haven't seen the skit from SNL, but sounds like it was a good one.  As for Sunny, she could be played by Melissa Villasenour.

Melissa V played Ana Navarro.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

So I guess it's safe to say Princess Nutmeg didn't *love* Abby's portrayal of her during last night's skit!!  I love it.  I think this is just the beginning.  She is going to pay for her husband's screw up big time and I'm here for it.  Paybacks are a bitch and it's about time she started feeling some of the heat for the hatred she and her husband spew without consequence.

• Love 21
4 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan's husband dissed both seth Myers  and lorne michaels, there's no way SNL was going to ignore that.

Oh yes, I totally forgot that Lorne Michaels is the Executive Producer of Seth's show.  Double whammy.  😜

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10
On 5/17/2019 at 8:06 PM, Tosia said:

I bet EVERYONE kowtowed to MM.

My theory is the opposite.  Meghan's whole thing is her desperation to prove she deserves a seat at the cool kids' table (e.g. X is a friend of mine, Anyone who's ANYONE comes on The View, intern at SNL, badass whatever, etc.) and when it becomes clear she can't hang because she lacks skills, empathy, or a sense of humor, then she becomes The Ultimate Victim.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

I'm on twitter - but not with friends or family. 

Just to access accounts like Meghans.

It appears to me she shut off twitter today after negative comments. Is that possible to do on twitter?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
10 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

John Oliver ridiculed her on his show and dared her husband to rage tweet about him! It was divine!

I have never rushed to YouTube faster. So excited to watch this!

UPDATE: Delightful!

Edited by heysmilinstrange
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8

“You may be thinking that’s the most embarrassing child of a prominent political figure you’ve ever seen, but let me remind you of the continued existence of Meghan McCain!” exclaimed John Oliver, before trolling her husband, Ben Domenech, publisher of the far-right rag The Federalist.

“Oh no! Oh no! I bet her husband is going to get so mad at me now!” exclaimed Oliver. “What on earth is he going to tweet and then delete? I can’t wait to find out!”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/john-oliver-drags-meghan-mccain-the-most-embarrassing-child-of-a-prominent-political-figure?source=twitter&via=desktop

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

So I guess it's safe to say Princess Nutmeg didn't *love* Abby's portrayal of her during last night's skit!!

At first I was confused...then I remembered, it's AIDY.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:
9 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Who called her hysterical?

If the shoe fits.

9 hours ago, Haleth said:

Ha!  That skit.  And making Abby so dumb.

Blondie's "shoe" comment is the perfect fit here too.

• Love 7
On 5/18/2019 at 1:55 PM, Tosia said:

I wish someone/anyone  would come forward about her, but her mom's deep pockets keep several lawyers on retainer, so I doubt the info would get out, without hell to pay.  And pay seriously.

This is an excellent point!  SURELY the embarrassing publicity of fighting "stories" (free speech) told about MM as a teenager would keep anyone from suint.  But wait ... perhaps threats would be enough.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Fred Armisan played Joy.  It could be all in the performance and long (long) wigs.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, maggiemae said:

It appears to me she shut off twitter today after negative comments. Is that possible to do on twitter?

You can block people but otherwise, no.  I think, I am no expert.

(edited)
3 hours ago, falltime said:

“You may be thinking that’s the most embarrassing child of a prominent political figure you’ve ever seen, but let me remind you of the continued existence of Meghan McCain!” exclaimed John Oliver, before trolling her husband, Ben Domenech, publisher of the far-right rag The Federalist.

“Oh no! Oh no! I bet her husband is going to get so mad at me now!” exclaimed Oliver. “What on earth is he going to tweet and then delete? I can’t wait to find out!”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/john-oliver-drags-meghan-mccain-the-most-embarrassing-child-of-a-prominent-political-figure?source=twitter&via=desktop

This made me happy, but I wanted more.  Oh, to have John Oliver expose Domenech's hypocrisy.

NutMeg and her supporters will now go full on anti-any media other than Fox.  But let's remember that at the beginning of her interview with Seth, she said he was a nice guy, and that she thought she was a cool kid by being a guest on the show.

Edited by bannana
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

John Oliver ridiculed her on his show and dared her husband to rage tweet about him! It was divine!

I saw it last night and it was a thing of beauty.  You just know she probably "loved" John Oliver before this.  Not he is ruined for her.  lol

• LOL 11
  • Love 5
39 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Yes, she deleted them.

As long as she keeps letting everyone know it bothers her they are going to keep coming at  her.  She needs to let to just roll off her back. 

And why shouldn't they come at her?  She doesn't get to keep criticizing people without some blowback.  She has made herself an easy target.  And once again she tries to make it seem like she is getting picked on because she is a conservative.  Her continual poor little me act is getting very tiresome.

• Love 22
(edited)

Poor , I mean, rich widdle snowflake still trying to play the "both sides" game. 

I think she's upset that the cool kids don't want her at their table. 

I don't think she gives a shit about issues that she spreads lies about such as pro-life, mass shootings, LGBT, etc...  Nutmeg is trying to make herself into a pundint, but it ain't gonna happen, sweetheart. You're too dumb. And your hubbie's plagiarized  blue cards  won't save you when you have to speak on your own,  witness Seth's gentle questions. 

Just go away, MM  and take your plagiarizing hubbie back to AZ, and terrorize squirrels.

And STFU, Nutmeg. 

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 22
6 minutes ago, Tosia said:

I think that is a big part of it.  Meghan is not well liked.  And it has nothing to do with her politics. She is just a nasty obnoxious person.  It's easier for her to believe it's her political beliefs that make people hate her instead of recognizing it's her personality that makes people dislike her.  If she keeps acting this way she isn't going to be invited on any shows.

• Love 23

Remember when DiBlasio  announced he's running for pres last week, and Whoopi LAUGHED and mocked him?  it was treated on The View as a ridiculous joke.   Meghan apparently is in disagreement with Whoopi.  She re-tweeted her husband's tweet: 

I guess Meghan and Ben are pretty upset that Mayor Pete is getting attention.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
(edited)
18 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Remember when DiBlasio  announced he's running for pres last week, and Whoopi LAUGHED and mocked him?  it was treated on The View as a ridiculous joke.   Meghan apparently is in disagreement with Whoopi.  She re-tweeted her husband's tweet: 

I guess Meghan and Ben are pretty upset that Mayor Pete is getting attention.

She is inconsistent because she just praised Mayor Pete on the show. DiBlasio is a joke, the fact that he is a Mayor of New York city, a city that has more people in it than in some states says a lot about his prospects..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I haven't watched John Oliver yet. I'll watch later. Lol, cant wait.

Do you all think Meghan wasn't as happy about SNL this time around? 😁

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

Dang, Meghan is triggered as hell and it's hilarious. 😂

2 hours ago, Tosia said:

This is definitely the reason why. It's as if she expected people to respect her as much as they respect her dad. I really think she believed that up until recently when the criticism of her increased. I don't feel sorry for her at all. What's worse is she may be spouting beliefs in public that differ from her beliefs in private, if we are to believe Ana Kasparian (I do). I say all this to say that she probably thought being a (fake) tough Conservative chick would earn her some cool points with the cool kids and it's blowing up in her face. 

• Love 22
1 minute ago, Alexis2291 said:

Dang, Meghan is triggered as hell and it's hilarious. 😂

This is definitely the reason why. It's as if she expected people to respect her as much as they respect her dad. I really think she believed that up until recently when the criticism of her increased. I don't feel sorry for her at all. What's worse is she may be spouting beliefs in public that differ from her beliefs in private, if we are to believe Ana Kasparian (I do). I say all this to say that she probably thought being a (fake) tough Conservative chick would earn her some cool points with the cool kids and it's blowing up in her face. 

The fact that the right is not defending her says a lot.  There is a segment of the right that hates her dad and her by association. Have you seen the nasty tweets against her, they love to fat shame her. The left does it as well. There is bipartisan vitriol regarding her.  She is letting her husband take her down real fast.  I think he encourages her base instincts and we are seeing it on full display on the show, on other shows and online..

• Love 18

So she just ruined the ending of Game of Thrones for everybody...…..

And she's pissed because everyone was annoyed that she did this...…..what an inconsiderate bitch......

Maybe people who work didn't want to stay up late? Or wanted to save it and watch it together......

And what the hell is she wearing today?  Did she not have time to get out of her winter jammies?

Such a horrible person...….

• Love 18
(edited)
24 minutes ago, cinsays said:

So she just ruined the ending of Game of Thrones for everybody...…..

And she's pissed because everyone was annoyed that she did this...…..what an inconsiderate bitch......

Maybe people who work didn't want to stay up late? Or wanted to save it and watch it together......

And what the hell is she wearing today?  Did she not have time to get out of her winter jammies?

Such a horrible person...….

Considering it's just the next day, you would think this idiot would know how most would react. 

If it was weeks later ,I'd be like whatever.  But the next morning wow.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 17
48 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

The fact that the right is not defending her says a lot.  There is a segment of the right that hates her dad and her by association. Have you seen the nasty tweets against her, they love to fat shame her. The left does it as well. There is bipartisan vitriol regarding her.  She is letting her husband take her down real fast.  I think he encourages her base instincts and we are seeing it on full display on the show, on other shows and online..

She is putting herself in no man's land.  The right doesn't want her. The left sure as fuck will never like her.  A big problem with Meghan is none of her beliefs seem authentic. It's like she is playing a role and overacting.

• Love 13

Meghan is likely going to be criticized in the media and on twitter for spoiling the Game of Thrones ending on The View today.  Feel free to discuss any such criticism in this thread (or the weekly thread as it happened on the show) but please do so without quoting her to give away the spoiler. We want to try to keep these threads "safe" for those who haven't seen Game of Thrones yet but are planning on watching soon.

On 5/19/2019 at 10:06 AM, Coffeewinewater said:

I like that SNL went in a little more on Meghan. 

"The only daughter at the table" lol

"Let me talk".

"The person most upset"

There is much more they can go after about but it's a start. Her ridiculousness is definitely there. They didn't touch on it much the first time. I'm ok with this episode. 

Still no Sunny? I like sunny but there is so much to make fun of.

I  know it wasn't,  but I like  to imagine that "only daughter" thing as a little shout-out to us.

13 hours ago, maggiemae said:

What do you mean by it appears she shut off Twitter? Like -- what are you seeing?

• Love 1