Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

“I hope it’s in my obituary that I was the first Republican since Elisabeth Hasselbeck to survive more than one season on The View,” she said. “It’s one of my proudest moments.”

I hope TPTB are proud of themselves. Her over-inflated ego is only going to get worse. 

“Nicolle Wallace changed parties. Candace Cameron was a social conservative. I don’t remember the other people who were on here.”

This shows how seriously she initially took the job. Didn't even care enough to do some research.

6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Meghan replies to Real Housewives tweet:

BE875BE6-3233-4E0F-8FA6-BA3F9A462E79.jpeg

This tells me someone behind the scenes has convinced her that she's the main reason for the ratings spike, perhaps to convince her not to leave, so now she truly believes it. With 2020 around the corner, the tantrums are going to become more frequent and dramatic... in other words, ratings gold and she's not going anywhere, smh. She now believes she's a vital part of the show.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, bannana said:
8 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

“Nicolle Wallace changed parties. Candace Cameron was a social conservative. I don’t remember the other people who were on here.”

Oops, I guess she doesn't remember now Fox contributor Jed a blah blah Bila, who was fired so NutMeg could take her chair.

She probably said that with a flip of her hair.  She remembers them...OH! She remembers.

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I hope Nicolle responds to Meghan's ridiculous statement. Nicolle was Republican enough to work for a Republican president and also work for a Republican nominee for President.  

...and to get hired as "the conservative" on The View.  She was let go only because she didn't care about All Things Kardashian/Etc.  She didn't meet their "social media culture" requirements.  It wasn't All Politics All the Time while she was there.  She would have shined!  She's DEFINITELY a success on TV now.  Her own one-hour political news show every weekday.

• Love 20
4 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Nicole has actual talent and experience in Washington.  Nicole is open minded and willing to hear the other side. Megan is playing a role of a Republican, it is why she cannot operate without her blue cards, she feels she has to spit out her lines as a Republican and gets frustrated when the ladies go off script.  She never has a conversation, she lectures about her idea of what a Republican is.  Megan is a caricature and knows deep down she is not qualified to speak about politics.  

But she’s been in politics all her life! 😉

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Megan is a caricature and knows deep down she is not qualified to speak about politics.  

39 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

But she’s been in politics all her life! 😉

You mean being the child of a politician doesn't make her the best political pundit ever?  According to her she knows everything there is to know about politics.  Just don't ask her about the French Revolution. She gets real touchy about things that happened before she was born.

• LOL 13
  • Love 6
51 minutes ago, General Days said:

Oh, I thought this was the Meghan McCain thread.

There was a well known local comedienne (when that term was used), Rusty Warren, in Meghan's home town in the 50s-70s.  She had a musical act and she was very bawdy.  She played at some of the bigger rooms in bigger cities too.  Meghan is too young to have known her, but I bet her dad saw Rusty's shows.  Her popular catch phrase (and title of a record album) was "Knockers UP!"  That's the first thing I thought of when I saw this "flirty" photo.

Wonder when she took it...and why.  Should I not assume it's a selfie?

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

You mean being the child of a politician doesn't make her the best political pundit ever?  According to her she knows everything there is to know about politics.  Just don't ask her about the French Revolution. She gets real touchy about things that happened before she was born.

Don't ask her about the Royal Family either

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

There was a well known local comedienne (when that term was used), Rusty Warren, in Meghan's home town in the 50s-70s.  She had a musical act and she was very bawdy.  She played at some of the bigger rooms in bigger cities too.  Meghan is too young to have known her, but I bet her dad saw Rusty's shows.  Her popular catch phrase (and title of a record album) was "Knockers UP!"  That's the first thing I thought of when I saw this "flirty" photo.

Our family had music stores during the '60s in SoCal and I remember Rusty's Knockers UP! and Banned In Boston LPs. There was lots of bribing my sibs not to tell what went on when I was the babysitter ... 

Meghan definitely sends lots of mixed messages about her stand on sexuality. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

Today she told a lawyer that the Bill of Rights was "propaganda."

She cannot be gone from this show a minute too soon.

And she just spat out that "propaganda."  You and I will probably be long gone before she ever is.  😝

• Love 3
On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 6:02 AM, blondiec0332 said:

Oh fuck Meghan McCain. If ratings are higher it's probably because people are tuning in to see Meghan McCain make a fool of herself everyday.

Ratings were already going up before she entered the picture. As usual, she decides to make everything in the universe revolve around herself. Once she's axed, I'm betting the ratings won't drop even a smidge because people don't turn on the TV for people they hate.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I'm guessing her going off the grid means the social media responses she's been receiving in response to her misbehavior are getting to her.  Can we expect some self-reflection on her part and a whole new Meghan upon her return?  Nahh...

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • LOL 6
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

I'm guessing her going off the grid means the social media responses she's been getting to her misbehavior are getting to her.  Can we expect some self-reflection on her part and a whole new Meghan upon her return?  Nahh...

She is too arrogant and she will just say that she is a victim of the radical left.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
17 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I stumbled upon this Youtube of someone talking about Meghan.  She's got her number for sure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcADj4qBD4c

Well said. 

Sigh. 

Got to believe in karma.  

And email sponsors of the View that you are not buying their products.  And telling all your friends and family not to buy their stuff.  

So unethical of ABC to add to the general disrespect epidemic coming from the nation's top . 

• Love 8

"The View" was parodied on SNL last night.  A writer for our local paper (Meghan's home town) called her a "good sport."  He wrote that her Twitter hiatus didn't last long.  She had to write to say how much she enjoyed her portrayal.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 3:25 PM, HaaCHOO said:

This was in Meghan's period of I'm a Republican and I Love Sex!

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

Thanks Scorp....you always know everything....well, poop I'll have to find another excuse to drink in the afternoon. Whaaaaaa haaaaaa. 

Oh I loved the SNL skit about the view, Kate didn't nail Joy, but who can be totally perfect every single time, she's the best thing on that show. And the gal who did Ana, I thought she was really wonderful, they don't give her enough to do, she is a professional impressionist and a fantastic singer as well!  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

Hey Ladies and Germs....is the View not on this week? God, what am I going to hate watch with my coffee??????

Hang in there, Atlanta, we’re here for you. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 4/15/2019 at 1:59 PM, RedheadZombie said:

This was in Meghan's period of I'm a Republican and I Love Sex!

Yeah, it's from 2009, or 2010, in the beginning of her "let's make the GOP more appealing to younger voters" era (which I'll admit to liking her for back then...things have changed for me since on that front, obviously). 

And then 2011 was the Playboy pictorial/article, although there was no nudity involved (that's where the infamous "I love sex"/"I'm strictly dickly" quotes come from--obviously this was before Ben was in her life). 

Edited by UYI
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 4/3/2019 at 6:01 AM, blondiec0332 said:

This was 2009.  Why would anyone then or now know who the fuck she is?  She wasn't on my radar until her appearance on Bill Maher when Paul Begala decimated her. She did and continues to think way too highly of  herself.

You're doing better than me. I'd never heard of her before the View

• Love 3
On 4/15/2019 at 12:01 PM, atlantaloves said:

Hey Ladies and Germs....is the View not on this week? God, what am I going to hate watch with my coffee??????

Oh right ....Holy Week!  Heehee, I jest.

• Love 1
On 4/11/2019 at 8:35 AM, blondiec0332 said:

I don't know if this has been posted here before.  She has always been such a bitch.

https://www.howardstern.com/news/2014/10/15/after-reading-this-youll-want-to-hear-howard-sterns-interview-with-meghan-mccain/

When Howard asked her if she had any crushes on politicians and she said no, I was floored. What about her bizarre, undying crush on Paul Ryan? YOU LET ME DOWN, MEGS. 😛

(Apologies for putting an unnecessary image of Paul Ryan in your heads today.)

• LOL 7
On 4/15/2019 at 3:01 PM, atlantaloves said:

Thanks Hal....I just made myself a gin gimlet...hey somebody has to support England's exports and imports🍸! Burp.....

Hmmm that sounds delish @atlantaloveshow about sliding one down the bar to me.  All the politics this morn is driving me to drink early.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Tam: I haven't had the guts to turn on the t.v. today....knowing the bullcorn that is coming from a redacted report. So I am just gazing at the internet for things about Bob Fosse and having a Bombay gin and tonic today! THE BEST. Extra lime is the secret.💞

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 4/16/2019 at 12:17 PM, UYI said:

When Howard asked her if she had any crushes on politicians and she said no, I was floored. What about her bizarre, undying crush on Paul Ryan? YOU LET ME DOWN, MEGS.

She has been educated to provide Alternative Facts.

• Love 5
On 4/16/2019 at 11:17 AM, UYI said:

When Howard asked her if she had any crushes on politicians and she said no, I was floored. What about her bizarre, undying crush on Paul Ryan? YOU LET ME DOWN, MEGS. 😛

(Apologies for putting an unnecessary image of Paul Ryan in your heads today.)

He has always looked like a brunette Bart Simpson without the charm 🙂

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 4/18/2019 at 4:05 PM, atlantaloves said:

Tam: I haven't had the guts to turn on the t.v. today....knowing the bullcorn that is coming from a redacted report. So I am just gazing at the internet for things about Bob Fosse and having a Bombay gin and tonic today! THE BEST. Extra lime is the secret.💞

Yum,  i need to try that!  🍸🍺 @atlantaloves

• Love 1

After all that has been released regarding the above, I have moved on to Bombay Blue martinis. Burp. Aughhhhhhhhh -- straight up, with a twist if you please.....no olives EVER, yeah I said it. 🍋 Gotta go, late for my AA meeting.

• LOL 2

There is a puff piece about MM in the Washington Post. The comments about the article and McCain are scathing. ( I added one too, under the name KojKen). If she reads these, she will be in a terrible mood on Monday!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/magazine/from-politicians-daughter-to-snl-punchline-meghan-mccain-has-embraced-going-mainstream/2019/04/18/42ece4fe-6123-11e9-9412-daf3d2e67c6d_story.html?outputType=comment&utm_term=.8726f42eb852

Edited to add, I received 77 likes on my own scathing  WAPO comment about McCain. I'm so proud!

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 15