Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

I'm not a big phone person. My dad and I often text each other articles during the day so we can read when we have time (never counted how many times).  They aren't long conversations. I know my sister calls at night to check in. The only time I've ever talked to my parents multiple times in a day was during an emergency. I don't know what I would even say to  my parents if I called them 7 times a day every day.

• Love 10

Except for emergencies I spoke to my parents a couple of times a month and that was mostly about the weather since important things were communicated via email.  But I stopped sending emails when they died.  Is MM still contacting Daddy via Instagram?

• Love 5

Okay, I took one for the team and skipped through the ABC post-SOTU coverage. George & 5 others were in DC at a big desk. Megabitch was on by video to answer a question about abortion, which she answered with her usual complete bs "poll" information. She was on for a grand total of 45 seconds. Heh. :D

Now back to my beloved Rachel Maddow.

• Love 21
5 hours ago, gatopretoNYC said:

Okay, I took one for the team and skipped through the ABC post-SOTU coverage. George & 5 others were in DC at a big desk. Megabitch was on by video to answer a question about abortion, which she answered with her usual complete bs "poll" information. She was on for a grand total of 45 seconds. Heh. :D

Now back to my beloved Rachel Maddow.

Oops..I posted in the wrong thread. I'll put it here where it belongs:

Yep..she got to make ONE statement tonight....exactly.

(well known news guy.....I'm blanking on his name) talks about late term abortion being brought up during the SOTU:
"this is an issue that resonates with Republican voters, and those legislators."

(throws to meh-gun)
 [I swear she says ALL of the following without taking a breath, and was obviously reading it off of a blue card her husband wrote for her  teleprompter]:
Meghan: "Hard to say it resonates with a lot of American voters the polling on this suggests that 70-80% of Americans including women and Democrats are against abortion past twenty weeks, you can thank Ralph Northam for bringing this conversation onto the national stage, obviously the controversial governor is the one who ignited a firestorm with his radio interview over these comments, it's interesting to note that Nancy Pelosi's guest tonight was the head of planned Parenthood, who spent over two million dollars backing Ralph Northam, this is a political issue that is designed to force Democrats to answer questions that they aren't necessarily comfortable answering, whether or not this is the party of abortion being safe, legal, and rare, or now going on to being the party of late term, twenty week abortion."
(I put in commas for you guys so your eyes wouldnt cross like mine did when I reread what she had said) 😁
I swear it all sounded like one sentence..it exhausted me.

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 13
33 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

Oops..I posted in the wrong thread. I'll put it here where it belongs:

Yep..she got to make ONE statement tonight....exactly.

(well known news guy.....I'm blanking on his name) talks about late term abortion being brought up during the SOTU:
"this is an issue that resonates with Republican voters, and those legislators."

(throws to meh-gun)
 [I swear she says ALL of the following without taking a breath, and was obviously reading it off of a blue card her husband wrote for her  teleprompter]:
Meghan: "Hard to say it resonates with a lot of American voters the polling on this suggests that 70-80% of Americans including women and Democrats are against abortion past twenty weeks, you can thank Ralph Northam for bringing this conversation onto the national stage, obviously the controversial governor is the one who ignited a firestorm with his radio interview over these comments, it's interesting to note that Nancy Pelosi's guest tonight was the head of planned Parenthood, who spent over two million dollars backing Ralph Northam, this is a political issue that is designed to force Democrats to answer questions that they aren't necessarily comfortable answering, whether or not this is the party of abortion being safe, legal, and rare, or now going on to being the party of late term, twenty week abortion."
(I put in commas for you guys so your eyes wouldnt cross like mine did when I reread what she had said) 😁

I would never wish an unwanted innocent child on anyone, but I violently wish two week late periods on these people so they can sweat it out and see what hypocrites they may be. After all, abortion is always fine for mistresses and daughters whose “lives shouldn’t be ruined from one mistake”.  

• Love 21
5 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I would never wish an unwanted innocent child on anyone, but I violently wish two week late periods on these people so they can sweat it out and see what hypocrites they may be. After all, abortion is always fine for mistresses and daughters of wealthy white people whose “lives shouldn’t be ruined from one mistake”.  

Fixed it for you.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

(throws to meh-gun)
Meghan: "Hard to say it resonates with a lot of American voters the polling on this suggests that 70-80% of Americans including women and Democrats are against abortion past twenty weeks, you can thank Ralph Northam for bringing this conversation onto the national stage, obviously the controversial governor is the one who ignited a firestorm with his radio interview over these comments, it's interesting to note that Nancy Pelosi's guest tonight was the head of planned Parenthood, who spent over two million dollars backing Ralph Northam, This is a political issue that is designed to force Democrats to answer questions that they aren't necessarily comfortable answering, whether or not this is the party of abortion being safe, legal, and rare, or now going on to being the party of late term, twenty week abortion."

So I guess this is her issue now.  Is she going to be the go to pundint whenever abortion rights are discussed?  

The bold line is what really pisses me off.  No Meghan, the Democratic party is going to be the party that respects the decisions a woman and her doctor make together.

• Love 15
59 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

4C92A497-FC81-4F16-A434-2E45131A1F95.jpeg

If it was me and someone disparaged my father they would be dead to me.  Period.  I wouldn't support anything that person said or did.  But not Meghan. She will go on Twitter and badmouth Trump but still champion some of his policies.

• Love 20
13 hours ago, gatopretoNYC said:

I watched her deliver her one, long run-on sentence. She looked pallid and washed out, like a vampire or a member of the Malfoy family. 

• Love 17

(New Nutmeg TV appearance alert) I’m still awaiting tickets to another live show but I did manage to score Late Show with Colbert tickets. I watch his show every night. I so wish I could be at this Thursday’s show though- Nutmeg will be his guest. 

• Love 21

Is it just me or do any of you wonder what the real state of Mr. & Mrs Blue Cards' marriage is considering she practically runs for the hills when anything personal is being discussed? Her reaction to the thermostat discussion was beyond strange. As my grandmother would say, "Something in the milk ain't clean."

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Marigny said:

Is it just me or do any of you wonder what the real state of Mr. & Mrs Blue Cards' marriage is considering she practically runs for the hills when anything personal is being discussed? Her reaction to the thermostat discussion was beyond strange. As my grandmother would say, "Something in the milk ain't clean."

I think you’re on to something. She seems extremely uncomfortable whenever the topic of conversation steers toward anything having to do with her marriage. I notice she talks more about her single life before marriage. Or give her the floor to talk about her favorite people in the world (Clay Aiken, Erika Jayne, or her stupid cactus) or The Bravo  shows she watches.. But as for her marriage? It’s usually a general short quick answer and please let’s talk about politics now. 

Edited by WonderWuman73
  • Love 9
12 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Yay, my first post on the newly refurbished board. 

I saw Meghan on Colbert this week.  Strange how she seems normal and calm when she's on a show other than The View.   

I'm glad I didn't see her on there. I fell asleep earlier in the night Thursday while watching TV and didn't wake up until it was almost 1am cst. I was going to skip the episode that night due to Chris Pratt being a guest so I don't feel like I missed anything by not seeing either of them. Did RBM say anything of interest during her appearance?

39 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Yay, my first post on the newly refurbished board. 

I saw Meghan on Colbert this week.  Strange how she seems normal and calm when she's on a show other than The View.   

Well, she certainly was excited, and somewhat nervous.  But then, she said stuff on Colbert that she has never really said on the View.  WTF with that?  She shared her thoughts on Jarvanka attending the funeral and other stuff.  Pretty sure she should have talked about that on The View first.

Appearance wise, a horrible choice of a "suit".  Women shaped like MM (and me) should never wear a suit.  Skinny women wear suits.

Weirdly, she had something on her eye above her fake eyelashes, that was pretty distracting.

The thing that cracked me up the most, was when she went to sit down, she tried to hitch up her pants.  We all do that, but not on Colbert.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

I found it interesting she said "My Executive Producer, Brian, is backstage and I was like we need a band on The View".  I was surprised that 'her' EP would accompany her to an appearance on another show.  It's not like she was there to promote The View.  She spoke mainly about herself (so what else is new) and how 'she' was affected by Jarvanka appearing at the funeral.  

It is so obvious that ABC is really elevating her status and she knows it.  Her ego continues to expand as does her waistline.  That pantsuit did her no favors.  I caught her hiking up her pants too.  What a class act.

Edited by Badbea99
Gender clarification
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

So MM is still talking about her dad's funeral?  

Um, I guess,  nothing else has happened to her of note. 

I still maintain that MM is on her way out (to oblivion), as politics and the world move on.  Although she is trying mightily to drum up controversy, or more precisely,  media attention with her bad manners and angry hate. 

She's been on Colbert once before and ABC news let her sit in a seat on a panel before and read/spout a (memorized) statement (since she can't talk extemporaneously or knowledgeably about. ....anything substantial). 

I'm saying that MM is not, nor eill ever be, in demand.

She'll languish on the View, reading her hubbie's blue cards, squeezed into ill-fitting, gaudy outfits,  and squinting her eyes in an attempt to look as though she understands what others are saying,  and trying to decide if it's a slam or not. 

Or maybe this is wishful thinking on my part, this chilly, snowy February (glorious ) Saturday morning. 

Yay for weekends! 

Yay for PTV getting it back up! 😉

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
11 minutes ago, Tosia said:

So MM is still talking about her dad's funeral?  

Um, I guess,  nothing else has happened to her of note. 

Not a fan of MM's but Colbert is the one who brought it up. I believe this was her first time on the show since her father's death and while they were discussing her eulogy, he asked about it.  

Edited by lurkerbee

I'm thinking that Meghan is going to parlay her grief into her next career move when she finally catches up with the rest of us and figures out that a political analyst, she is not.  She won't actually figure this out until she is canned from The View and is no longer invited to be at the grown-ups table for ABC's special news coverage that she is still somehow inexplicably being included in.  Stop trying to make fetch happen, ABC. 

Once the goodwill runs out, maybe it will take a year, what is she at now?  Day #257 of grief?  Day #200?  Day #324?  Whatever, once it runs out, she will then start her new career as speaker and book writer.  She will write a book on how to handle grief and get through grief and live with grief, blah, blah, blah.  And she will make herself available to speak about grief and living with grief and dealing with grief, at a very lucrative cost, mind you, because she doesn't come cheap.  She has Real Housewives taste. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
54 minutes ago, lurkerbee said:

Not a fan of MM's but Colbert is the one who brought it up. I believe this was her first time on the show since her father's death and while they were discussing her eulogy, he asked about it.  

I will never understand why people I love and respect like Colbert, have this twat on their shows, just to kiss her ass. As if she is the one who accomplished anything.🤬🤬🤬🤬

They clearly don’t watch this show.

• Love 13

OnTime, thanks for posting that article.  I was just coming to post the Youtube clip, but I noticed the clip is in the article.

Did it sound like Meghan said "...what they thought of my orgy..." instead of "what they thought of my eulogy?"  She talks so fast, her words get jumbled.

And why did she say Ivanka and Jared should have stayed away out of respect for her?  Why not say "out of respect for my family?'

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

And why did she say Ivanka and Jared should have stayed away out of respect for her?  Why not say "out of respect for my family?'

I thought the same thing. Once again, it is all about HER even when her family is involved.  I wonder if she did any investigative work after the fact to find out who managed to get Jarvanka on the list.   I'm thinking it was beloved Uncle Lindsay.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

I was disappointed that MM was on Steven Colbert, but I'm sure he often has guests that he didn't choose himself.  I noticed that he opened with the obligatory "so sorry about your father", but we all know that even if he hadn't brought it up, Meghan would have.  She really doesn't have anything else to talk about except her father.

One thing I found interesting was when Steven was asking her about the eulogy.  He said "When you wrote the eulogy...."  I think it's pretty clear that Meghan didn't write that speech, but she jumped on the opening and said a couple of times "I wrote it", but as she continued on, she forgot and said "When we were writing it..."  She should have just admitted that while she and her family certainly had input on the content, the speech itself was written by a professional.  No one expects a grieving family to pop out a great speech like that without help.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Meh-gun wants to be the public face of expressing grief, yet she faulted Barbara & her husband for wanting to show the real face of dementia (B agreed to it before the dementia progressed to where it is now).  Clearly Meh-gun has still not come to grips with her father's death.

My Producer Brian probably has a man crush on Colbert and came for his own sake, not Meghan's.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 7

Well girlfriend, the makeup department on Steve's show hates you too. God, her lipstick was smeared and she had huge streaks in her eye shadow. I died laughing. And, yes, her father is dead! Colbert just found out. Oh, and did any of you notice the remark that it was her father's friendship with Whoopee that made her do the show? Oh please!

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

I think at this point, Colbert does have a say in who appears on his show. Jon Fucking Stewart is an executive producer. The last time she showed up as a red sausage, she contributed NOTHING.😒 I’m going to express my disappointment to Stephen to Stephen himself.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:
On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 9:40 AM, OnTime said:

Did she not review the list?

She has servants for that.  Most likely, there was a beheading or two.

The funeral was planned well in advance.  Trump was not on the list. I assume anyone related to him (distant or close) was not on the list either.

I don't believe Ivanka/ Jared were a last minute add. They would have been banned when the list was made.

• Love 6

Loni Love from the talk show the Real is a big woman, but, she always looks good. Her dresses are nicely tailored to her body and she also wears beautiful colors that compliment her chocolate skin. I am sure that she wears lots of spanks underneath her clothes. However, she is always well-dressed, beautiful makeup with a sunny disposition. Megan has too much money to look so damn frumpy and cheap.  She should fire her stylist and hire somebody new.. 

• Love 17
1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

Loni Love from the talk show the Real is a big woman, but, she always looks good. Her dresses are nicely tailored to her body and she also wears beautiful colors that compliment her chocolate skin. I am sure that she wears lots of spanks underneath her clothes. However, she is always well-dressed, beautiful makeup with a sunny disposition. Megan has too much money to look so damn frumpy and cheap.  She should fire her stylist and hire somebody new.. 

I hope she doesn't because it goes with superficial.  LOL!!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2