Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

58 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I'll be interested to see Joy's reaction to Meggie's comments about their "relationship".  (The girl is delusional!!!)

Very delusional, talking about how much she and Joy are alike, even outside of politics. She talked about how Joy enjoys drinking like she does but I could've sworn Joy herself said she isn't much of a drinker. 

1 hour ago, falltime said:

on the van jones show, she also said that the worst things someone can call her is a racist. if she is a racist then what is richard spencer, she said

Yes! Forgot to add this. She talked about how in NY she is inundated (the exact word she used) with how all Republicans are all racists and the like. 

Also, Van Jones did a lot of ass kissing, of course.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

I just tried to watch this....couldn't stand her voice..had to delete it.

Ahhhh...bummer.  I commented to my son that she wasn't using her View SCREECH, so she sounded better.

She talked so quickly that the closed-captioning person couldn't keep up with her.  I hope this was an audition.  She and S.E. can have their own "girls" show...only if she's not allowed on The View.

• Love 15
12 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Well she’s already saying she wishes the people she worked with on the show could see things from her POV, which is insane, because they do every day. She talked about how she’s not a “never Trumper,” but she sees things from the other side’s POV as well. She also said something to the affect of, “well if The View doesn’t like me, they can replace me,” and joked that she’s still employed, “for now.” She talked about really liking Kamala Harris when she came on the show, not being a fan of identity politics, makes it clear she’s not a liberal, how much her and Joy are alike outside of politics, drinking, her grief... the usual stuff. 

9 hours ago, falltime said:

on the van jones show, she also said that the worst things someone can call her is a racist. if she is a racist then what is richard spencer, she said

So she was in her usual persecution mode.  I'll pass.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Very delusional, talking about how much she and Joy are alike, even outside of politics. She talked about how Joy enjoys drinking like she does but I could've sworn Joy herself said she isn't much of a drinker. 

Yes! Forgot to add this. She talked about how in NY she is inundated (the exact word she used) with how all Republicans are all racists and the like. 

Also, Van Jones did a lot of ass kissing, of course.

Meghan is conflating. I'm sure Joy enjoys a drink but by her own admission on the show, she's a lightweight. When they discussed the lunch date they had, she said she had one cosmopolitan while Sunny and Meghan were throwing drinks back and she said that she can't drink like that and she wouldn't even try to keep up with them because she'd probably end up in some Russian hotel room. It's likely a more fair assumption to say that Joy will enjoy a drink or two but she probably enjoys drinks that she can nurse for a period of time and not have to throw back and go onto the next one.

So no, they don't seem like they're similar when it comes to drinking, or similar when it comes to their sense of humour. They don't have a similar upbringing and they don't seem to have a similar lifestyle. Their personalities are quite different. Maybe they have the same favourite colour, lol.

• Love 23
52 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Meghan is conflating. I'm sure Joy enjoys a drink but by her own admission on the show, she's a lightweight. When they discussed the lunch date they had, she said she had one cosmopolitan while Sunny and Meghan were throwing drinks back and she said that she can't drink like that and she wouldn't even try to keep up with them because she'd probably end up in some Russian hotel room. It's likely a more fair assumption to say that Joy will enjoy a drink or two but she probably enjoys drinks that she can nurse for a period of time and not have to throw back and go onto the next one.

So no, they don't seem like they're similar when it comes to drinking, or similar when it comes to their sense of humour. They don't have a similar upbringing and they don't seem to have a similar lifestyle. Their personalities are quite different. Maybe they have the same favourite colour, lol.

She also mentioned they liked to play cards.  I doubt that's true, given that Joy said she was a lousy poker player, so Meggie is just pulling stuff out of her ass, as usual.

• Love 14

Abt this cactus thang....I have several good reasons to have them.

1.  Super slow maintenance.  A big watering once a month, but sprinkle on it every once in a while.  Do NOT use that verbatim, it is wrong.  I just wanted to show the example.

2.  Just need to chat it now and then, no petting allowed.  I save that for my Cat hah

3.  No talk back from kids or social media

4.  Showtalker to break the ice and start talking 

Course I cant think now.  Guess I can add later

• Love 4
15 hours ago, springtime said:

Meghan- Had a busy weekend! On CNN and ABC.

I'll let this article do the summarizing!

From the article.

McCain has been a regular, more moderate voice for the Republican Party since joining ABC’s ‘The View’ as a co-host in 2017.

Moderate?

• Love 13
16 hours ago, springtime said:

Meghan- Had a busy weekend! On CNN and ABC.

I'll let this article do the summarizing!

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why ABC keeps having her on their morning news show to talk about politics, surrounded by people who actually know about politics. I've noticed she's much more restrained though - no screeching, no eye-rolling, ect. But she doesn't add much to the discussion.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 12
7 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why ABC keeps having her on their morning news show to talk about politics, surrounded by people who actually know about politics. I've noticed she's much more restrained though - no screeching, no eye-rolling, ect. But she doesn't add much to the discussion.

I think " not adding much to the discussion" will be the reason for her failure at (pretending) to be a real pundint.

MM just doesn't have the chops (intelligence,  wit, insight) to be kept aboard political shows when there are so many others who are better.  

I really believe that the show's are putting her on to be kind to her, as the daughter of JMcC. 

This "kindness" will gradually fade away in time, as will MM, try as she might to stay relevant.  

• Love 11

https://heavy.com/news/2017/10/meghan-mccain-boyfriend-dating-name-photos/

Found this from a couple years ago.  It has this from a Glamour 2013 article.

Since McCain has chosen to keep her relationship out of the tabloids and away from the mainstream media, her name has circulated around the gay rumor mill over the years. It seems as though her not having a boyfriend — or wanting one — made some people question her sexuality. When you couple that with her being friends with Rachel Maddow and Tila Tequila (and you take it one step further and pay too much attention to McCain saying that she hangs out at gay bars), you don’t have to wait long for the lesbian chatter to begin.

When was Meghan friends with Rachel Maddow?

• Love 10

Meghan FRIENDS with Rachel Maddow?  

You know how Meghan calls anyone she has ever met a "very close friend?"  well, maybe because she has been interviewed by Rachel, she thinks they are friends?

Note to Meghan:  Rachel Maddow is a political analyst.  she interviews people, and comments on politics.  She is generally respectful to those she interviews, does not believe it to be her job to "filet" or "eviscerate" them, just to understand them, challenge them, and have a dialogue.   If you want to ever be worthy of that label you give yourself, "political analyst,"  study Rachel Maddow!

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Love 19

Oh "and can I just say" that Rachel Maddow is a Rhodes scholar and has a Phd from Oxford, that's in England  folks. You my little snowflake RBM ARE NOTHING.  I don't think that Miss Thang and The Goddess of the World Rachel Maddow travel in the same circles. 

• Love 23
54 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

What a  piece of crap she is she re tweeted Ben Shapiro saying Kevin Hart should introduce Trump at the state of the union from Covington High. I went to her twitter to say she’s a snowflake with no sense of humor 

She is such a dumb ass.  Kevin Hart is trying to rehab his image.

• Love 9
On 1/26/2019 at 1:17 PM, babyhouseman said:

I don't understand the cactus thing. I've never been to Arizona or know much about it. I'm from NC, and I'll pose with a tobacco leaf. 

Again with the butthurt over Colin Quinn's joke. My god this family is thin-skinned and miserable. I don't get it; if I had that much money and comfort you better believe I'd be happy!

• Love 15
4 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan FRIENDS with Rachel Maddow?  

You know how Meghan calls anyone she has ever met a "very close friend?"  well, maybe because she has been interviewed by Rachel, she thinks they are friends?

Note to Meghan:  Rachel Maddow is a political analyst.  she interviews people, and comments on politics.  She is generally respectful to those she interviews, does not believe it to be her job to "filet" or "eviscerate" them, just to understand them, challenge them, and have a dialogue.   If you want to ever be worthy of that label you give yourself, "political analyst,"  study Rachel Maddow!

This was the Meghan McCain I used to like and wish still existed nowadays.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

https://heavy.com/news/2017/10/meghan-mccain-boyfriend-dating-name-photos/

Found this from a couple years ago.  It has this from a Glamour 2013 article.

Since McCain has chosen to keep her relationship out of the tabloids and away from the mainstream media, her name has circulated around the gay rumor mill over the years. It seems as though her not having a boyfriend — or wanting one — made some people question her sexuality. When you couple that with her being friends with Rachel Maddow and Tila Tequila (and you take it one step further and pay too much attention to McCain saying that she hangs out at gay bars), you don’t have to wait long for the lesbian chatter to begin.

When was Meghan friends with Rachel Maddow?

Since she first interviewed her in 2009, back when I actually liked Meghan (please don't hurt me for admitting that).

Also, this appearance led to Laura Ingraham giving her crap about her weight, which Meghan responded to on this very show soon after (she specifically quoted Tyra Banks' very famous "Kiss my fat ass!" line, which Tyra had used on her talk show).

(I have to admit, I'm always uncomfortable when I hear the jokes about her weight here; I've struggled with weight issues myself since I was a teenager, and I don't like making fun of other people, especially women, about their weight. I'll admit I've sometimes thought of myself as an ugly fat cow; I've stopped that and I know I'm not, but I don't feel right saying that about someone else either, such as Meghan. There's other stuff to focus on here. I know her personality contributes to the jokes, but still...I can't do it; I wouldn't want anyone to do that to me, and I probably still weigh less/have a body type that can carry extra weight better than she does. Still, I'll be happy when I lose more than the 10 or so pounds I've lost this past year. Sigh.)

Crap. I can't find the clip. I'll post it here later if I do come across it, though. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 14

The special treatment of Meghan reminds me of how Luke Russert was treated after his dad, venerated Meet The Press moderator Tim Russert, passed away several years ago.  Luke was suddenly thrust into any news slot TPTB could find for him, although IMO, he was a lightweight (though pleasant) political analyst.  I think he may have even had a cable show for a short time.  Haven’t seen or heard of him lately so I don’t know what he’s up to now.  I just remember thinking there was nothing special about him, and he was just getting opportunities because of who his father was.  Same as Meghan.  

• Love 23
On 1/26/2019 at 9:27 PM, Medicine Crow said:

I'll be interested to see Joy's reaction to Meggie's comments about their "relationship".  (The girl is delusional!!!)

Her need to be liked is astounding. 

• Love 11
On 1/28/2019 at 4:46 PM, SuzieSioux said:

Again with the butthurt over Colin Quinn's joke. My god this family is thin-skinned and miserable. I don't get it; if I had that much money and comfort you better believe I'd be happy!

I really don't think Cindy was mad.  I think she got the joke and was playing on it. MM I think was also playing off it, smirking along.  But one never knows with her.  I did like her hair yesterday.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, bannana said:

Meghan is over the top on her twitter, maintaining that states like NY and others are murdering full term babies (infanticide, she calls it).

Plenty of people have tweeted to explain how wrong she is, but she is doubling down.

https://twitter.com/MeghanMcCain/status/1090671262005891072

I keep seeing posts about this on FB.  I was sure there was more to it but didn't have the energy to look into it.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I keep seeing posts about this on FB.  I was sure there was more to it but didn't have the energy to look into it.

It seems like they are talking about late term abortions due to the fetus having such physical problems it wouldn't survive long after birth.  And if labor starts before the abortion and the baby is delivered what happens after that.  I  haven't researched this particular story but I'm pretty sure they are talking about whether to perform life sustaining procedures or let the baby die. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, bannana said:

Meghan is over the top on her twitter, maintaining that states like NY and others are murdering full term babies (infanticide, she calls it).

Plenty of people have tweeted to explain how wrong she is, but she is doubling down.

Ok, so MM has moved to Crazytown.

Seriously, I believe this is a ridiculous ploy for publicity--to get her name out there, and devised by her ultra-conservative, lying  hubbie .  

Plus, I bet she doubled down due to Hasselbitch's tweet about her book. 

I just can't fathom how far MM will go for celebrity. 

Just go far, far away from my tv. 

• Love 13
16 minutes ago, Tosia said:

Seriously, I believe this is a ridiculous ploy for publicity--to get her name out there, and devised by her ultra-conservative, lying  hubbie .  

Megan is just vile and spreading false information to ingratiate herself with certain people.  I find her to be repellent and an awful human being. 

• Love 14
23 minutes ago, Tosia said:

6 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Megan is just vile and spreading false information to ingratiate herself with certain people.  I find her to be repellent and an awful human being

For all her proclamations of being a conservative and being vehemently (I too can use big words) anti choice has Meghan ever once mentioned going to church?  Or even being a member of a particular denomination?

• Love 10
8 hours ago, bannana said:

It's not just Meghan. For some reason, a trending topic is that abortions are being performed when babies are "within minutes"  of being born.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

For all her proclamations of being a conservative and being vehemently (I too can use big words) anti choice has Meghan ever once mentioned going to church?  Or even being a member of a particular denomination?

It just pisses me off that she will say inflammatory things and not understand that people are affected by what she says. I really despise her. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 13
11 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

It just pisses me off that she will say inflammatory things and not understand that people are affected by what she says. I really despise her. 

That is all part of her being an entitled privileged holier than thou bitch.  I have no doubt if she hadn't been born into a wealthy family and she found herself with an unwanted pregnancy she would consider her options.  It's easy to say you would never do something without ever having been faced with that something.  At her core she is selfish and uncaring.  

• Love 16
4 hours ago, Tosia said:

I foresee MM going further right in the future - unless she's interviewed by the likes of Van Jones or Stephen Colbert, where she tones down the crazy. 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

The people going nuts over the NY abortion issue on my facebook are religious and Trump supporters. Has Meghan ever mentioned God on the show?  They need to learn to read the fine print. I've heard of women pregnant with babies without brains; it's an awful situation to be in without these nuts raving over something they know nothing about.

• Love 15
9 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

If I'm not mistaken, on the show she hasn't explicitly explained her pro-choice decision as being anything to do with religion (unlike Sunny). I'm pretty positive in one segment she said abortion is unconstitutional and murder because it denies a baby 'life', liberty and freedom. Though it's just my personal theory that she says that so that people can't make the 'separation of church and state' rebuttal but I don't think Meghan's opinion on abortion would change even if we were talking about a country that didn't have a constitution that promises life, liberty or freedom to its people.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

AND -  if she really believes that these babies need to be resuscitated and kept on life support,

Here's another way to end that sentence:    ...then she and others who preach as she does should be willing to take on Healthcare Powers of Attorney and handle all the decisions, emotional and financial for every one of those babies, world without end, AMEN.  

• Love 16
9 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

John McCain was raised Episcopalian and it seems he practiced that religion in his early life.  He and Cindy joined North Phoenix Baptist church...a megachurch not far from their North Central (that's the street) home in Phoenix.  Many prominent people (politicians, professional athletes, etc.) attend the church.  I think Meghan once said she had attended a Baptist church but her in-laws are Evangelicals.  She attended a Catholic prep school for girls in Phoenix...but many wealthy people send their non-Catholic daughters there...to Xavier.

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, LoveIsJoy said:

Sadly, I have first hand knowledge about this subject.  My sister gave birth in the late 70s to a baby who was born without a brain.  She was hydrocephalic and only had a brain stem to allow primitive breathing function.  She lived in NICU all of her brief life (close to 3 months), connected to a breathing apparatus, feeding and other tubes.  This was in the days when ultrasounds were very rudimentary.  The doctors had no idea that the pregnancy was in trouble until she went into labor and they eventually had to perform a C-section because the baby's head was enlarged due to excessive fluid and she couldn't come through the birth canal.

It's been over forty years, and I still remember the pain and suffering that my sister, her boyfriend, and my immediate family went through every day knowing that the baby could not survive long term.  One or more of us was at the hospital every day to be by her side.  My sister had to work and would work long shifts at a restaurant, and then take a late bus to the hospital to hold the baby and stay with her overnight.   

It would have been a godsend if my sister had had a choice about what to do in the situation.  Maybe she would have chosen the same road, but how dare anyone rant and rave about something so painful and gut-wrenching to a family.

Thank you for sharing your heartbreaking story and I am sorry for your loss. I wish that people like Megan would speak to people like you and get a different perspective. They just spew hateful rhetoric and never take into account that this complex issue is very sensitive and should be treated with respect and understanding. 

• Love 24

And I think it is worse than NutMeg not speaking to people who have endured the agony that @LoveIsJoy has described.  NutMeg is promoting the concept that this is all about women who decide to kill their almost full term babies, just cause.  Everyone should read the comments, people are devastated because they believe this, that women will decide to carry a child for almost nine months and then terminate the pregnancy.

Where is Whoopi and why is she not schooling her on this topic?

• Love 17
44 minutes ago, bannana said:

And I think it is worse than NutMeg not speaking to people who have endured the agony that @LoveIsJoy has described.  NutMeg is promoting the concept that this is all about women who decide to kill their almost full term babies, just cause.  Everyone should read the comments, people are devastated because they believe this, that women will decide to carry a child for almost nine months and then terminate the pregnancy.

Where is Whoopi and why is she not schooling her on this topic?

It shouldn't get as far as Whoopi. The producer(s) or whoever shouldn't allow any host to spew propaganda about a serious and very dangerous subject, especially when the propaganda is so easily documented as distortions and lies. They're proud of their ratings but are using that opportunity to inflame the social fabric? Yay, show! If Birtherism was still a thing would that be OK and could you/should you screech it? Eh, why not, evidently. I don't post on FB very much but I vet every single thing I post because I don't want to be responsible for steering any of my 64 friends wrong. I don't think it's asking too much to expect the same thing from this bunch because national fucking audience. The hosts are entitled to their own opinions but they're not entitled to their own facts. 

Edited by suomi
typo
  • Love 23
15 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

It's not just Meghan. For some reason, a trending topic is that abortions are being performed when babies are "within minutes"  of being born.

Because Trump was educating the public about aborting babies at 9 months you are right I see arguments on it on FB quite often.   If I’m not mistaken sonograms reveal most catastrophic issues early on as well as blood testing.   

She was extra chirpy and laughing under her breath as well as screaming at the audience. What did she scream how she can swim when shit foes down because of trump?  Loved Joy saying you’re not a nuclear scientist or something similar. That’s a understatement.  

• Love 13