Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Jaded

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Equating a cactus with a pet is just weird. 

AZ is a beautiful state though. 

• Like 11

20 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

I don't understand the cactus thing. I've never been to Arizona or know much about it. I'm from NC, and I'll pose with a tobacco leaf. 

I'm from WV so I guess I will pose with a lump of coal. 

• Like 10

I knew there were web sites that followed what tv people were wearing but I always assumed they were only tracking the well-dressed people that others wanted to emulate.  I guess I was wrong. 

Edited by Cementhead
  • Like 12

58 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Wow!  1300 bucks to look that bad!  I can find poorly fitted, unflattering clothes for a fraction of the cost!

Right?! She would have looked so much better if she had worn the blouse out over the skirt like the picture shows.  Those wide belts just visually cut her in half and accentuate the fact she does not have much of a waist. (Ha-I typed waste first-maybe it was a Freudian slip!) She looks very nice in jewel tones. Just shows paying a lot of money for clothes is not going to make you well-dressed.

• Like 10

I looked up the available sizes of Meghan's Friday outfit and the blouse is available in an XLrg that is equated to a size 12 (36.5-37.5" bust).

The largest sizes the skirt comes in is Italian sizes 48 & 50 which would be US12-14. The size IT50 is sold out.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 4

Miss Meggie is going to be on the Van Jones Show tonight (on now Mountain time).  I'll record, but not sure if I'll watch!!!

• Like 5

21 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I'm from WV so I guess I will pose with a lump of coal. 

Illinois here..I'll pose with a crooked politician. (Oxymoron) 😁

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Like 6

21 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Has this come up before?  I just discovered it

https://wornontv.net/123475/

What an interesting site! I'm always amazed at anyone spending that kind of money on clothes (but I've never been rich.)

20190126_182709.png

20190126_182640.png

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Like 5

41 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Miss Meggie is going to be on the Van Jones Show tonight (on now Mountain time).  I'll record, but not sure if I'll watch!!!

Well she’s already saying she wishes the people she worked with on the show could see things from her POV, which is insane, because they do every day. She talked about how she’s not a “never Trumper,” but she sees things from the other side’s POV as well. She also said something to the affect of, “well if The View doesn’t like me, they can replace me,” and joked that she’s still employed, “for now.” She talked about really liking Kamala Harris when she came on the show, not being a fan of identity politics, makes it clear she’s not a liberal, how much her and Joy are alike outside of politics, drinking, her grief... the usual stuff. 

• Like 12

On 1/25/2019 at 7:37 PM, blondiec0332 said:

I don't understand the cactus thing. I've never been to Arizona or know much about it.

Guess I don't get to pose.   Meghan McCain, Ana Navarro, and Cindy McCain stole my look.   (WHO Wore it Better?)

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Like 3

on the van jones show, she also said that the worst things someone can call her is a racist. if she is a racist then what is richard spencer, she said

• Like 4

I'll be interested to see Joy's reaction to Meggie's comments about their "relationship".  (The girl is delusional!!!)

• Like 12

I just tried to watch this....couldn't stand her voice..had to delete it.

28 minutes ago, falltime said:

on the van jones show, she also said that the worst things someone can call her is a racist. if she is a racist then what is richard spencer, she said

They can both be racists..it's just a varying degree.

• Like 10

58 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I'll be interested to see Joy's reaction to Meggie's comments about their "relationship".  (The girl is delusional!!!)

Very delusional, talking about how much she and Joy are alike, even outside of politics. She talked about how Joy enjoys drinking like she does but I could've sworn Joy herself said she isn't much of a drinker. 

1 hour ago, falltime said:

Yes! Forgot to add this. She talked about how in NY she is inundated (the exact word she used) with how all Republicans are all racists and the like. 

Also, Van Jones did a lot of ass kissing, of course.

• Like 12

Here's more.

ETA:  Oops, sorry.  The below is from last year.  (I can't remove it.)

Edited by Gemma Violet

1 hour ago, ChiCricket said:

^^ same gooey lipstick she wears on The View.

I imagined touch-ups between segments by some personal slave.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

I just tried to watch this....couldn't stand her voice..had to delete it.

Ahhhh...bummer.  I commented to my son that she wasn't using her View SCREECH, so she sounded better.

She talked so quickly that the closed-captioning person couldn't keep up with her.  I hope this was an audition.  She and S.E. can have their own "girls" show...only if she's not allowed on The View.

• Like 15

12 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Well she’s already saying she wishes the people she worked with on the show could see things from her POV, which is insane, because they do every day. She talked about how she’s not a “never Trumper,” but she sees things from the other side’s POV as well. She also said something to the affect of, “well if The View doesn’t like me, they can replace me,” and joked that she’s still employed, “for now.” She talked about really liking Kamala Harris when she came on the show, not being a fan of identity politics, makes it clear she’s not a liberal, how much her and Joy are alike outside of politics, drinking, her grief... the usual stuff. 

9 hours ago, falltime said:

So she was in her usual persecution mode.  I'll pass.

• Like 8

16 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Very delusional, talking about how much she and Joy are alike, even outside of politics. She talked about how Joy enjoys drinking like she does but I could've sworn Joy herself said she isn't much of a drinker. 

Yes! Forgot to add this. She talked about how in NY she is inundated (the exact word she used) with how all Republicans are all racists and the like. 

Also, Van Jones did a lot of ass kissing, of course.

Meghan is conflating. I'm sure Joy enjoys a drink but by her own admission on the show, she's a lightweight. When they discussed the lunch date they had, she said she had one cosmopolitan while Sunny and Meghan were throwing drinks back and she said that she can't drink like that and she wouldn't even try to keep up with them because she'd probably end up in some Russian hotel room. It's likely a more fair assumption to say that Joy will enjoy a drink or two but she probably enjoys drinks that she can nurse for a period of time and not have to throw back and go onto the next one.

So no, they don't seem like they're similar when it comes to drinking, or similar when it comes to their sense of humour. They don't have a similar upbringing and they don't seem to have a similar lifestyle. Their personalities are quite different. Maybe they have the same favourite colour, lol.

• Like 22

52 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Meghan is conflating. I'm sure Joy enjoys a drink but by her own admission on the show, she's a lightweight. When they discussed the lunch date they had, she said she had one cosmopolitan while Sunny and Meghan were throwing drinks back and she said that she can't drink like that and she wouldn't even try to keep up with them because she'd probably end up in some Russian hotel room. It's likely a more fair assumption to say that Joy will enjoy a drink or two but she probably enjoys drinks that she can nurse for a period of time and not have to throw back and go onto the next one.

So no, they don't seem like they're similar when it comes to drinking, or similar when it comes to their sense of humour. They don't have a similar upbringing and they don't seem to have a similar lifestyle. Their personalities are quite different. Maybe they have the same favourite colour, lol.

She also mentioned they liked to play cards.  I doubt that's true, given that Joy said she was a lousy poker player, so Meggie is just pulling stuff out of her ass, as usual.

• Like 13

Well Joy sure as hell doesn't have a makeup or wardrobe person that hates her.  I am sure they all have the same person, he/she just hates RBM.  

• Like 12

Abt this cactus thang....I have several good reasons to have them.

1.  Super slow maintenance.  A big watering once a month, but sprinkle on it every once in a while.  Do NOT use that verbatim, it is wrong.  I just wanted to show the example.

2.  Just need to chat it now and then, no petting allowed.  I save that for my Cat hah

3.  No talk back from kids or social media

4.  Showtalker to break the ice and start talking 

Course I cant think now.  Guess I can add later

• Like 4

15 hours ago, springtime said:

Meghan- Had a busy weekend! On CNN and ABC.

I'll let this article do the summarizing!

From the article.

McCain has been a regular, more moderate voice for the Republican Party since joining ABC’s ‘The View’ as a co-host in 2017.

Moderate?

• Like 13

16 hours ago, springtime said:

Meghan- Had a busy weekend! On CNN and ABC.

I'll let this article do the summarizing!

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why ABC keeps having her on their morning news show to talk about politics, surrounded by people who actually know about politics. I've noticed she's much more restrained though - no screeching, no eye-rolling, ect. But she doesn't add much to the discussion.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Like 12

7 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why ABC keeps having her on their morning news show to talk about politics, surrounded by people who actually know about politics. I've noticed she's much more restrained though - no screeching, no eye-rolling, ect. But she doesn't add much to the discussion.

I think " not adding much to the discussion" will be the reason for her failure at (pretending) to be a real pundint.

MM just doesn't have the chops (intelligence,  wit, insight) to be kept aboard political shows when there are so many others who are better.  

I really believe that the show's are putting her on to be kind to her, as the daughter of JMcC. 

This "kindness" will gradually fade away in time, as will MM, try as she might to stay relevant.  

• Like 11

https://heavy.com/news/2017/10/meghan-mccain-boyfriend-dating-name-photos/

Found this from a couple years ago.  It has this from a Glamour 2013 article.

Since McCain has chosen to keep her relationship out of the tabloids and away from the mainstream media, her name has circulated around the gay rumor mill over the years. It seems as though her not having a boyfriend — or wanting one — made some people question her sexuality. When you couple that with her being friends with Rachel Maddow and Tila Tequila (and you take it one step further and pay too much attention to McCain saying that she hangs out at gay bars), you don’t have to wait long for the lesbian chatter to begin.

When was Meghan friends with Rachel Maddow?

• Like 10

Meghan FRIENDS with Rachel Maddow?  

You know how Meghan calls anyone she has ever met a "very close friend?"  well, maybe because she has been interviewed by Rachel, she thinks they are friends?

Note to Meghan:  Rachel Maddow is a political analyst.  she interviews people, and comments on politics.  She is generally respectful to those she interviews, does not believe it to be her job to "filet" or "eviscerate" them, just to understand them, challenge them, and have a dialogue.   If you want to ever be worthy of that label you give yourself, "political analyst,"  study Rachel Maddow!

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Like 18

What a  piece of crap she is she re tweeted Ben Shapiro saying Kevin Hart should introduce Trump at the state of the union from Covington High. I went to her twitter to say she’s a snowflake with no sense of humor 

• Like 14

Oh "and can I just say" that Rachel Maddow is a Rhodes scholar and has a Phd from Oxford, that's in England  folks. You my little snowflake RBM ARE NOTHING.  I don't think that Miss Thang and The Goddess of the World Rachel Maddow travel in the same circles. 

• Like 23

54 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

What a  piece of crap she is she re tweeted Ben Shapiro saying Kevin Hart should introduce Trump at the state of the union from Covington High. I went to her twitter to say she’s a snowflake with no sense of humor 

She is such a dumb ass.  Kevin Hart is trying to rehab his image.

• Like 9

On 1/26/2019 at 1:17 PM, babyhouseman said:

I don't understand the cactus thing. I've never been to Arizona or know much about it. I'm from NC, and I'll pose with a tobacco leaf. 

Again with the butthurt over Colin Quinn's joke. My god this family is thin-skinned and miserable. I don't get it; if I had that much money and comfort you better believe I'd be happy!

• Like 15

4 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan FRIENDS with Rachel Maddow?  

You know how Meghan calls anyone she has ever met a "very close friend?"  well, maybe because she has been interviewed by Rachel, she thinks they are friends?

Note to Meghan:  Rachel Maddow is a political analyst.  she interviews people, and comments on politics.  She is generally respectful to those she interviews, does not believe it to be her job to "filet" or "eviscerate" them, just to understand them, challenge them, and have a dialogue.   If you want to ever be worthy of that label you give yourself, "political analyst,"  study Rachel Maddow!

This was the Meghan McCain I used to like and wish still existed nowadays.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

https://heavy.com/news/2017/10/meghan-mccain-boyfriend-dating-name-photos/

Found this from a couple years ago.  It has this from a Glamour 2013 article.

Since McCain has chosen to keep her relationship out of the tabloids and away from the mainstream media, her name has circulated around the gay rumor mill over the years. It seems as though her not having a boyfriend — or wanting one — made some people question her sexuality. When you couple that with her being friends with Rachel Maddow and Tila Tequila (and you take it one step further and pay too much attention to McCain saying that she hangs out at gay bars), you don’t have to wait long for the lesbian chatter to begin.

When was Meghan friends with Rachel Maddow?

Since she first interviewed her in 2009, back when I actually liked Meghan (please don't hurt me for admitting that).

Also, this appearance led to Laura Ingraham giving her crap about her weight, which Meghan responded to on this very show soon after (she specifically quoted Tyra Banks' very famous "Kiss my fat ass!" line, which Tyra had used on her talk show).

(I have to admit, I'm always uncomfortable when I hear the jokes about her weight here; I've struggled with weight issues myself since I was a teenager, and I don't like making fun of other people, especially women, about their weight. I'll admit I've sometimes thought of myself as an ugly fat cow; I've stopped that and I know I'm not, but I don't feel right saying that about someone else either, such as Meghan. There's other stuff to focus on here. I know her personality contributes to the jokes, but still...I can't do it; I wouldn't want anyone to do that to me, and I probably still weigh less/have a body type that can carry extra weight better than she does. Still, I'll be happy when I lose more than the 10 or so pounds I've lost this past year. Sigh.)

Crap. I can't find the clip. I'll post it here later if I do come across it, though. 

Edited by UYI
  • Like 14

The special treatment of Meghan reminds me of how Luke Russert was treated after his dad, venerated Meet The Press moderator Tim Russert, passed away several years ago.  Luke was suddenly thrust into any news slot TPTB could find for him, although IMO, he was a lightweight (though pleasant) political analyst.  I think he may have even had a cable show for a short time.  Haven’t seen or heard of him lately so I don’t know what he’s up to now.  I just remember thinking there was nothing special about him, and he was just getting opportunities because of who his father was.  Same as Meghan.  

• Like 23

On 1/26/2019 at 9:27 PM, Medicine Crow said:

Her need to be liked is astounding. 

• Like 11

On 1/28/2019 at 4:46 PM, SuzieSioux said:

Again with the butthurt over Colin Quinn's joke. My god this family is thin-skinned and miserable. I don't get it; if I had that much money and comfort you better believe I'd be happy!

I really don't think Cindy was mad.  I think she got the joke and was playing on it. MM I think was also playing off it, smirking along.  But one never knows with her.  I did like her hair yesterday.

• Like 1

MM looks abt 5 months pregnant in on that pencil skirt today.  

• Like 5

5 hours ago, bannana said:

Meghan is over the top on her twitter, maintaining that states like NY and others are murdering full term babies (infanticide, she calls it).

Plenty of people have tweeted to explain how wrong she is, but she is doubling down.

https://twitter.com/MeghanMcCain/status/1090671262005891072

I keep seeing posts about this on FB.  I was sure there was more to it but didn't have the energy to look into it.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I keep seeing posts about this on FB.  I was sure there was more to it but didn't have the energy to look into it.

It seems like they are talking about late term abortions due to the fetus having such physical problems it wouldn't survive long after birth.  And if labor starts before the abortion and the baby is delivered what happens after that.  I  haven't researched this particular story but I'm pretty sure they are talking about whether to perform life sustaining procedures or let the baby die. 

• Like 2