Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

This just feeds into Meghan's delusion that her opinions matter.  Can ABC not find a qualified political pundit?  And by qualified I mean someone not there because of nepotism.

I just don’t get it. ABC is reallllyy going out of its way to paint Meghan as some political figure with infinite wisdom and intellect. Again, I don’t get it.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, maggiemae said:

Yikers - MM posted about tomorrow - "I'm finally getting the platform I've always been entitled to." Good Lord!

22 minutes ago, Tunia said:

"entitled to" ???  Whoa.

Oh for fucks sake.  Seriously?  Why does she think she is entitled?  Because she is the daughter of a politician?  Just when you think she can't get anymore obnoxious she does.

• Love 18

What the fuck is wrong with her?  

How does a ginormous ego never get addressed by anyone?

What would it take for her to see herself as others see her? 

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 15
54 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Megan will make a fool of herself as always. She knows nothing about politics, she just recites talking points and whataboutism.   I will not be watching and I hope one of you guys will give us a report on Megan. 

I rarely ever watch ABC during Sunday morning hours to catch up with the weekend news, I just thought it was outrageous that once again, ABC is putting Meghan on their panel of people with real political insight... hopefully another one of you brave souls will watch her ignorance for the rest of us.

• Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Yikers - MM posted about tomorrow - "I'm finally getting the platform I've always been entitled to." Good Lord!

I don't enjoy defending RBM here......

That wasn't her who responded like that it was a Twitter account that parodies her. The profile picture is different, there's no check mark by the name and in the account description it states that it's a parody account. I can totally believe she's probably said the same thing and believes it too.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 9

I love that she identifies herself as a "blonde Republican" like that hair color is anomalous to all other women Republicans. 

And I also don't believe she's some hard-drinking, "rabble-rouser." Like everything else she does in life, she's a poseur—posing as a "informed" pundit, posing as a gun-toting, motorcycle-riding "hard ass." LOL. Whatever. She's a spoiled, dumb princess who, in any other lifetime, would be driving around in a 20-year old SUV with multi-level marketing decals plastered all over it hawking Mary Kay or essential oils instead of reading index cards prepared by her husband on a TV chat show.

On 12/1/2018 at 9:49 AM, Gemma Violet said:

In the past, she's referred to Clay and other people as her "ride or die."  She has quite a few "ride or dies."

They're probably "ride or die" or "sworn enemies."   No fence-sitting for this pundint.

I didn't read any of this in time to watch George's show.  I hope there are some enjoyable reports here.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

I love that she identifies herself as a "blonde Republican" like that hair color is anomalous to all other women Republicans. 

She may have been born blonde, but her roots suggest she would be mousy brown without routine applications of bottled Republican Pundint (sic) Blonde™.  She must share the same hairdresser with Tomi Lahren, Ann Coulter, Kellyanne Conway., Scottie Nell Hughes, Laura Ingraham and Ivanka Trump.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 14
9 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

She only had two opportunities to make a fool of herself & she didn't, so ...

Dish Network cut out at the end while Matt spoke about Bush. Did Meghan have a comment about him?

6 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

One thing is becoming increasingly clear, NutMeg ain't going anywhere.  She's here at least through the 2020 presidential race.  

I don't know. They gave Jedidiah similar opportunities to this before she was fired. Maybe they'd rather move people into different venues rather than fire them (sort of like Michelle Collins working on some of the misc. Bachelor shows). Considering her last name, I'm sure they'd try giving her another job elsewhere first rather than removing her from ABC completely.

• Love 5

ABC could revive The Gong Show.  We know Meghan can read off of cards and she wouldn't have cohosts to compete with, but she might go overboard telling the audience to stop clapping until she is finished talking.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

ABC could revive The Gong Show

The Gong Show has been back...two seasons so far and scheduled for a third.  There are "panelists" and they obviously have scripts...but they had to memorize their lines.

2 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

She only had two opportunities to make a fool of herself & she didn't, so ...

Turns out, my DVR records George every Sunday, so I DID see her.  She had a pile of papers in front of her.  Donna Brazile may also have had some papers.  I didn't see any others; they were able to speak without looking at notes.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

It is considered to be a big stereotype, though, and generally not a good one, either. 

Much to the chagrin of perfectly smart blonde Democrats like me. Sigh. -_-

(And I'm a natural blonde, although I DO highlight my hair once a year, as highlights tend to dull as you age and I truly think it's how I look best. I ALWAYS make sure it looks natural, though, nothing too obvious! It IS possible!) 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 7
On 12/1/2018 at 3:14 PM, lookeyloo said:

I can empathize with grief too, not my father, but, grief none the less, feel it every day, but don't subject anyone to it.  And didn't when it was fresh. I have other support people.  And now Pres. 41 has passed.  I wonder the difference in Jenna on NBC and Pres. 43.  

I agree. I too know what it's like to lose your anchor and feel completely lost. It happened to me a year ago when I lost my mother. While the grief has been overwhelming at times, I have never used it as an excuse for not being a decent human being. 

• Love 13

Agree Marigny - My mother was my anchor as well. And I never used her death to not being decent.

I had a very kind boss that allowed me all the time to take care of my parents in 1998 and then my father, he passed after that but he had issues I had to deal with medically. My boss was a family man - but when I returned after my Mom died no one in the office knew that had happened to me . It was difficult.

• Love 5

I watched the Sunday George Stephanopulos (SP?) show.  MM interrupted others twice, and apologized for interrupting them, but went on. Of course.

She mentioned her father, of course.  One of the others talked about presenting George Bush senior, warts and all, and he mentioned specific inglorious failures/problems of his Presidential tenure,  for future reference during this coming week of laudatory eulogies.  Needless to say, MM fixed her mean girl, too heavily-mascared laser stare at him, I'm sure just daring him to bring up St. JohnMcC.  He also made a point of saying that Bush Senior had specifically invited the Trumps to his funeral services, thereby showing "his respect for the Republican party", or something to that effect.  The camera did not show MM on that point.  You all know that her pea brain electrons were trying to come up with a retort, but alas, no blue card with  specific instructions from hubbie on it.

MM looked out of place with the older, real pundits.  She also wore three big broaches near her shoulder--very dowdy, IMO.  I really think the woman is lacking in taste--or clothes savvy, as well as many other intellectual skills.  Of course.

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 12

Look what popped up on Youtube (Meghan McCain's Worst Moments).  I don't have the energy to watch it, but feel free.  It was posted on 9/2/18, so it doesn't have the latest hissy fits:

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 12
10 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Look what popped up on Youtube.  I don't have the energy to watch it, but feel free.  It was posted on 9/2/18, so it doesn't have the latest hissy fits:

This is great!

• Love 5

I watched because only a fraction of the show was on today.  I'm confused though they had the two actors from The Connors  on and Whoopi said it premiered last night and it has been on couple of weeks. Megan had to hold them to the fire because the show represented middle America where I'm from ( when roseanne was on) how are they going to handle that?? She's still from middle America folks.  The video shows Joys incredible restraint not to knock her off her stool. 

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

I watched because only a fraction of the show was on today.  I'm confused though they had the two actors from The Connors  on and Whoopi said it premiered last night and it has been on couple of weeks. Megan had to hold them to the fire because the show represented middle America where I'm from ( when roseanne was on) how are they going to handle that?? She's still from middle America folks.  The video shows Joys incredible restraint not to knock her off her stool. 

Today's show was a repeat due to the funeral.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Look what popped up on Youtube (Meghan McCain's Worst Moments).  I don't have the energy to watch it, but feel free.  It was posted on 9/2/18, so it doesn't have the latest hissy fits:

I came here to post this but you beat me to it. If anyone has about 20 minutes to spare, and can actually tolerate listening to Meghan for 20 minutes, it’s so worth it. The edits alone are worth it. Not sure who compiled the video but it demonstrates Meghan’s idiocy and hypocrisy perfectly! TPTB need to watch this. 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 12
15 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Thank you for posting!!! Haven't seen most of these. Where to start? I loved Joy telling Meghan that she has no sense of humor. Meghan saying to the audience "oh please, don't clap. Trey Gowdy  (!) is one of the good ones". Her taking every conversation so personally, her talking about all of her "personal friends", "I'm no snowflake daisy. I can hang!"

• Love 11
On 12/5/2018 at 2:15 PM, Gemma Violet said:

This is actually a pretty brilliant compilation, showing how rude and hypocritical Meghan is.

• Love 14
On 12/2/2018 at 11:01 AM, deirdra said:
On 12/2/2018 at 6:40 AM, Giant Misfit said:

She may have been born blonde, but her roots suggest she would be mousy brown without routine applications of bottled Republican Pundint (sic) Blonde™.  She must share the same hairdresser with Tomi Lahren, Ann Coulter, Kellyanne Conway., Scottie Nell Hughes, Laura Ingraham and Ivanka Trump.

The View showed a picture of her when she was a child and her hair was plain old brown!

• Love 8
On 12/6/2018 at 5:28 PM, gatopretoNYC said:

I especially loved, at the 4 minute mark, the "x/y/z is a friend of mine/one of my best friends" followed by her saying how tight & guarded she is about her very few friends. :D 

I loved the end where they showed the clip of Meghan saying she’s no snowflake, after ALL of the clips we watched of Meghan obviously being a snowflake, and whoever edited the video inserted a “LOL!!” slide! Haha!

• Love 11

Looking at the photo of Mr. and Mrs. Domenach from Instagram, I am reminded of my aunt, who married someone totally unsuitable for her about two months after her mother, who was her rock, died of cancer. It took me a long time to realize that she was afraid of being alone without her mom, and she was charming enough that she could marry anytime she wanted to. The marriage last about five minutes (no shock).

I guess what I'm saying is that I can't see a single attractive thing about Meghan's husband: looks, character, or personality. Meghan makes me nuts, but she's very attractive and will inherit millions of dollars. He lucked out. I think Meghan did what my aunt did -- marry someone so she wouldn't be alone when the most important person in her life died. An unattractive, alt-right-learning plagiarizer is lucky to have stumbled into her at that point in her life.

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 13
29 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

An unattractive, alt-right-learning plagiarizer is lucky to have stumbled into her at that point in her life.

Don't worry, he's earning every cent of those millions she'll inherit, by simply having to put up with her on a daily basis.  There's not enough money in the world to make me do that.

• Love 18
22 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Don't worry, he's earning every cent of those millions she'll inherit, by simply having to put up with her on a daily basis.  There's not enough money in the world to make me do that.

Well, neither of them are my type, but I think his influence is making her more obnoxious. She's definitely guilty of drinking the Kool-Aid, but he's serving it up in a barrel. There's a Biblical phrase about being "unequally yolked" that comes to mind. 

• Love 9