Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, SuzieSioux said:

I found elsewhere a description of how someone views The View in ten years time, and it's pretty accurate with it's projection for how Meghan will be, haha. I'm not sure I think she's going to last that long, but if she did, well:

---
"In keeping with tradition The Heiress McCain will say "my dad" within the first 6 minutes of the show regardless of the topic at hand and will continue to mention her dad at least every 10 minutes thereafter, the panel will be comprised of all Fox News rejects along with her buddy Clay Aiken, her nazi husband will be EP, she will still have white dots in the corner of her eyes thinking they make her look younger (and because the m/u dept still hates her), she will be at least 30 lbs heavier and wearing unflattering skin tight clothing (because wardrobe dept still hates her), she will have given birth once and adopted one too, she will cut the mic of anyone who disagrees with her, she will remind everyone she is the voice of middle America at least twice during the hour.

"Also, forgot to mention (and most importantly) there will be a shrine to her father center stage that all the panel must genuflect to before they take their seats at the beginning. The Heiress will walk (stomp) out last and will genuflect the longest and speak to the shrine before climbing into her chair and having to wipe away tears and compose herself while her Fox News pageant reject buddies pat her hand and tell her to take her time as they know how hard it is for her it only being a decade since the tragedy. This will be a daily ritual with several special extra long tributes through out the year (his bday, anniversary of death, anniv of his run for presidency, anniv of his loss of presidency, etc.)"

---

OMG!!  This description is so spot on!  Best thing I've read in ages.  I'm curious, so there's another spot where folks crucify the bitch?  Made my day.  Thanks for sharing.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, SuzieSioux said:

I found elsewhere a description of how someone views The View in ten years time, and it's pretty accurate with it's projection for how Meghan will be, haha. I'm not sure I think she's going to last that long, but if she did, well:

---
"In keeping with tradition The Heiress McCain will say "my dad" within the first 6 minutes of the show regardless of the topic at hand and will continue to mention her dad at least every 10 minutes thereafter, the panel will be comprised of all Fox News rejects along with her buddy Clay Aiken, her nazi husband will be EP, she will still have white dots in the corner of her eyes thinking they make her look younger (and because the m/u dept still hates her), she will be at least 30 lbs heavier and wearing unflattering skin tight clothing (because wardrobe dept still hates her), she will have given birth once and adopted one too, she will cut the mic of anyone who disagrees with her, she will remind everyone she is the voice of middle America at least twice during the hour.

"Also, forgot to mention (and most importantly) there will be a shrine to her father center stage that all the panel must genuflect to before they take their seats at the beginning. The Heiress will walk (stomp) out last and will genuflect the longest and speak to the shrine before climbing into her chair and having to wipe away tears and compose herself while her Fox News pageant reject buddies pat her hand and tell her to take her time as they know how hard it is for her it only being a decade since the tragedy. This will be a daily ritual with several special extra long tributes through out the year (his bday, anniversary of death, anniv of his run for presidency, anniv of his loss of presidency, etc.)"

---

I couldn't have done better myself. 

• Love 3
On 11/21/2018 at 9:20 PM, Anthea84 said:

Weren't Bonnie and Clyde two sociapaths who killed innocent people. What is wrong with her?

Why she didnt choose a nicer refference. 

I always say that people who list Bonnie and Clyde, Romeo and Juliet, and the Joker and Harley Quinn as #relationshipgoals know nothing about any of them. All of them are dysfunctional as hell (and that’s putting it mildly), and ridiculously romanticized.

...maybe it IS an accurate reference for Mr & Mrs Domenech 🤔

• Love 9

I wonder if Meghan ever watches the show back on TV.    Because she would see that much of the time that she is on camera, we see her eyelids, as she's looking down at cards, reading quotes and statistics.   

There are a lot of things that make it difficult for people to relate to her, but, even without the screechy voice and the conservative opinions, the visual impact she makes is pretty awful.  If she could even watch with the sound off, she'd see that much of the time she is either looking down reading, or she has a frown.  It's not what she had once said, "resting bitch face"  it's a hateful glare at her co-hosts, or a dismissive look at the audience applauding for someone else.   But mostly, on TV, she's READING ALOUD instead of just trying to talk about what she thinks.  The others will occasionally read a quote, or a number, to make sure they have it right, but they know to look up, and continue talking after they have checked the cards.  It's annoying, and she comes off as condescending when she does it.   Nobody turns on the TV to watch someone read to them.   Imagine taking a class and having the teacher read a lecture to you instead of looking up and acknowledging you. 

(I know late night talk show hosts are often reading their monologues off teleprompters, but it's usually their own words, and when the teleprompter is held up next to the camera, the effect is that the host is TALKING to the audience.) 

• Love 16
34 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

It's not what she had once said, "resting bitch face"  it's a hateful glare at her co-hosts, or a dismissive look at the audience applauding for someone else.  

A resting bitch face is when you have an expression that says don't talk to me, leave me alone.  Meghan's face says go ahead talk to me so I can bite your head off.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, 17wheatthins said:

OT, sorry!! I have resting bitch face (truth) and I plan on carrying blue cards around with me (blank or nonsense jotted on them) and speaking in stilted angry tones from now on. What can I say, I’m easily amused...

I'm pretty sure I have mentioned this before. I do have a resting bitch face also and my son tells people he inherited his from his mother.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I wonder if Meghan ever watches the show back on TV.    Because she would see that much of the time that she is on camera, we see her eyelids, as she's looking down at cards, reading quotes and statistics.   

There are a lot of things that make it difficult for people to relate to her, but, even without the screechy voice and the conservative opinions, the visual impact she makes is pretty awful.  If she could even watch with the sound off, she'd see that much of the time she is either looking down reading, or she has a frown.  It's not what she had once said, "resting bitch face"  it's a hateful glare at her co-hosts, or a dismissive look at the audience applauding for someone else.   But mostly, on TV, she's READING ALOUD instead of just trying to talk about what she thinks.  The others will occasionally read a quote, or a number, to make sure they have it right, but they know to look up, and continue talking after they have checked the cards.  It's annoying, and she comes off as condescending when she does it.   Nobody turns on the TV to watch someone read to them.   Imagine taking a class and having the teacher read a lecture to you instead of looking up and acknowledging you. 

(I know late night talk show hosts are often reading their monologues off teleprompters, but it's usually their own words, and when the teleprompter is held up next to the camera, the effect is that the host is TALKING to the audience.) 

Did you see where Joy wanted to discuss 'whataboutism' looking directly to MM, and then they cut to comm

• Love 8
On 11/24/2018 at 4:07 PM, SuzieSioux said:

Fun to read.  Is it worth telling us where you found it...to read more?

• Love 4
6 hours ago, 17wheatthins said:

OT, sorry!! I have resting bitch face (truth) and I plan on carrying blue cards around with me (blank or nonsense jotted on them) and speaking in stilted angry tones from now on. What can I say, I’m easily amused...

Now to get back on topic: I do not like this chick:

980FDE5D-601F-4F13-9C08-6609101D27B1.jpeg

ETA hmmmm...a Ketel One event?

I actually wouldn’t mind meeting this Meghan, she seem more loose and fun. Not the pussy bow around the neck, squeezed into her skirt, angry, tight faced harpy we see every day.

I don’t know if she feels she HAS to be “into politics” because of her father,but she is clearly miserable on this show and has been for awhile now, and is not doing a great job of hiding it. If you have to cry between breaks it’s probably not a good fit. If she insists on a TV career, she should be on a fluffy pop culture show talking about current stars, reality tv, etc. I’m sure she’d have no problem researching those topics and no blue cards authored by her husband would be necessary. Oh, and it should be in her contract that she can never utter the words “Republican,” “Conservative,” “Trump’s Base,” or “my father” while on the air 😁

• Love 7
7 hours ago, 17wheatthins said:

Now to get back on topic: I do not like this chick:

980FDE5D-601F-4F13-9C08-6609101D27B1.jpeg

ETA hmmmm...a Ketel One event?

Thank you SOOOOO MUCH for this visual! I now can no longer unsee that GIANT BOOB.😒

999AC9A8-CB89-417A-9CAE-7AB502887236.gif

• Love 9

If anybody has any downtime like I do tonight and is in dire need of some good laughs, look at the YouTube comments on the clips from today’s show. I’m drinking my wine 🍷, scrolling and laughing at what some of our fellow View watchers are saying about today’s show. TPTB: WAKE UP! People, especially loyal viewers, have had it with Meghan. 

49EFC22F-06E9-4043-B1CD-3DABBC0519C8.png

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 12

Why, oh why couldn't MM talk seriously about climate change? IMO she is no stranger to private planes. I appreciate WG saying she occasionally took one. In fact that is why she didn't attend MM's dad's funeral because of a mechanical.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 8
On 11/21/2018 at 6:51 AM, rollacoaster said:

I think Meghan would be so much happier if she just allowed herself to be a cute, average, well-to-do young woman who lives and works in NYC and enjoys drinking and partying and trashy reality shows

...extremely wealthy young woman who lives in NYC...

• Love 5
5 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Fun to read.  Is it worth telling us where you found it...to read more?

Oh gosh, I'm trying but I can't seem to remember. D'oh! I came across it while googling for other opinions on Meghan McCain... I'm sure whatever forum it was on it had pretty lax rules because I seem to remember people in there being very free with their enmity towards her. I'm sure I remember someone on there referring to Meghan under the moniker "McShitStain" for example...

Edited by SuzieSioux
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Whew, the YouTube comments on today’s show are great - most are heavily against Meghan’s behavior today. 🤦🏽‍♀️😂 Idk when TPTB will get it together and pay attention. 

89BAE5A0-D675-47F8-98CE-2D98C59F9F58.jpeg

But people keep watching. The View makes news! TPTB love this. Until ratings go down or sponsors get involved I think they are very pleased. 

• Love 11
20 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

But people keep watching. The View makes news! TPTB love this. Until ratings go down or sponsors get involved I think they are very pleased. 

And this is what is wrong in the world. Bad behavior is rewarded.

• Love 13
49 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Indeed. But that is how the teevee shows work. 

Not necessarily.  Star Jones was booted (even though she left a few days earlier to make it look like it was her choice) because the audience didn't like her Bridezilla behavior.  Of course this was before the Real Housewives franchise had taken hold.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

And this is what I keep saying as well - her behaviour brings ratings so ABC will capitalize on the worst parts of her because it helps their bottom line.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Not necessarily.  Star Jones was booted (even though she left a few days earlier to make it look like it was her choice) because the audience didn't like her Bridezilla behavior.  Of course this was before the Real Housewives franchise had taken hold.

Star was also using the show to get freebies for her wedding. That is a nono. 

• Love 8
13 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:
On 11/21/2018 at 7:51 AM, rollacoaster said:

I think Meghan would be so much happier if she just allowed herself to be a cute, average, well-to-do young woman who lives and works in NYC and enjoys drinking and partying and trashy reality shows

...extremely wealthy young woman who lives in NYC...

Nice edit! I forget just how rich Meghan is. 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I agree. Personally, I've always been skeptical that the ratings wouldn't be mostly the same without her considering they had been steadily rising for 2 years before she joined, but eventually the bother of dealing with a lunatic like this one will outweigh whatever small benefits TPTB believe there are. No doubt there's nothing but chaos and a toxic atmosphere behind-the-scenes for everyone involved, and upper management probably receive regular calls either from McCain having a tantrum or someone else working on the show about McCain's tantrums.

Tbh, I think the only reason they've put up with her as long as they have is because she had a famous father in the news that would be connected to The View through her. That's no longer the case.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 8

Did Meghan filter her face too much in that pic or something? Her brother's face even with the sunglasses looks normal while her's looks plastic. I guess it could be due to the lack of all that eye makeup too.

• Love 5

I’m no makeup expert but the neck and face should at least match, correct!? It appears that she’s wearing too much foundation in this pic...

9ADF3987-A494-40D9-900D-9B149543B328.jpeg

She’s a cute girl without all that makeup.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 2

I can't imagine being in MM's party at a restaurant....she was so loud and immature today......yelling,  and endlessly giggling (a shock to me.) I would have to be forced to go due to a family obligation or a professional reason.

But if I was at another table I would ..... well I can't even think what I would do. 

I can't imagine being in either situation. And MM wonders how she has a low Uber rating and doesn't feel welcome in NYC.

• Love 8

I just don't get her immense grief.  Her father was in his eighties.  I lost my father at 33, just like Meghan, but my father was 67 when he died.  My husband lost his father when he was eleven years old and his father was in his forties.  My mother died in her eighties.  It was heart breaking, yes.

It doesn't matter how old your parent is when they die, it is a big thing.  But she is making it such a big thing that it has become ridiculous.  She has many family members who could be supporting her.

• Love 15

Guys: You can discuss John McCain only in the context of how MM constantly brings up his death and her grief. HIs politics are still off the table. 

Just now, Tosia said:

Tough chick cannot speak up for herself or choose her own clothes?  

Right?  I won't even wear something ugly someone gives me as a gift.  So for Meghan to just readily go out on a stage for a live TV show looking the way she does means the fault lies with her.  She can't tell wardrobe no I don't look good in this?

• Love 2
On 11/29/2018 at 7:52 AM, lookeyloo said:

As I was catching up on this thread (reading posts a week or two old), the voice inside my head said, "They need a villain. This is not what Barbara Walters originally envisioned." 

This nails it: 

23 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I think I already knew this, but never thought of it that way, with the word "villain." Since The View isn't pre-taped and cobbled together in edit, the way "reality shows" are, it's a little harder to spot, but she's getting what reality fans call the "villain edit," without a need for editing to make her look like a villain. 

I know I'm being Captain Obvious, instead of General Days here, but felt the need to chime in. 

3 hours ago, bannana said:

I just don't get her immense grief.  Her father was in his eighties.  I lost my father at 33, just like Meghan, but my father was 67 when he died.  My husband lost his father when he was eleven years old and his father was in his forties.  My mother died in her eighties.  It was heart breaking, yes.

It doesn't matter how old your parent is when they die, it is a big thing.  But she is making it such a big thing that it has become ridiculous.  She has many family members who could be supporting her.

I do get her immense grief. She had a brief tearful moment this week -- I can't even remember what it was anymore, but I teared up too and was grateful [for whatever it was she said].

I can't stand almost everything about her, but I agree with her that our culture doesn't handle death and grief well, and I appreciate that she is trying to broaden the conversation. 

• Love 1

Meghan looks super cute in that pic and man, does her brother ever look like his dad, even with the shades!  He also looks a wee bit like Bradley Cooper there, too, which has nothing to do with anything, but had to be said, ha.  That is actually a really sweet photo. 

I think the reason that there is such a giant, glaring difference in appearance between on-screen Meghan and off-screen Meghan is that Meghan has made the very deliberate decision to play a role when she is on the show.  She is playing "Staunch, very serious REPUBLICAN WHO WAS BORN INTO POLITICS and must represent everything and all that being Republican implies" and is wearing a costume on the show.  Her super tight, uncomfortable clothes with the high, choking necklines and giant, old lady power brooches represents what she thinks a serious, hardcore Republican woman should look like.  It is so weird.  Because from all the pics you guys post here occasionally, her downtime 'for reals' clothes is so much cuter.  Way more casual and loose and comfortable. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
12 hours ago, bannana said:

I just don't get her immense grief.

I think it's about support systems. There are always one, or two, or even three people in your life who have you, no matter what. And when they leave, it's like a ship being on a rough sea without an anchor. It doesn't matter how old they are or how long you've had them, when they leave, so does a big part of what makes you, you.

I was grief-stricken when my father died. When my mother died, five years later, I literally felt like I had lost part of my heart and a good part of my soul. It was, I found out later, the same feeling as being widowed.

John was apparently Meghan's anchor person. It doesn't mean that there aren't others who love her or who are there for her, but he was her anchor.

• Love 9
18 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

“Ride or die”? Interesting that Meghan posts this today after it was blatantly obvious the two of them planned on teaming up on today’s show. 

In the past, she's referred to Clay and other people as her "ride or die."  She has quite a few "ride or dies."

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I think it's about support systems. There are always one, or two, or even three people in your life who have you, no matter what. And when they leave, it's like a ship being on a rough sea without an anchor. It doesn't matter how old they are or how long you've had them, when they leave, so does a big part of what makes you, you.

I was grief-stricken when my father died. When my mother died, five years later, I literally felt like I had lost part of my heart and a good part of my soul. It was, I found out later, the same feeling as being widowed.

John was apparently Meghan's anchor person. It doesn't mean that there aren't others who love her or who are there for her, but he was her anchor.

So true. We all have our anchor and when they go we are devastated. Having lost mine I understand Meghan. I don't agree with her political views 99 percent of the time but can empathize with her grief.

• Love 5

I can empathize with grief too, not my father, but, grief none the less, feel it every day, but don't subject anyone to it.  And didn't when it was fresh. I have other support people.  And now Pres. 41 has passed.  I wonder the difference in Jenna on NBC and Pres. 43.  

• Love 10
50 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Once again I ask... why?

BAE4FD5C-08FB-468A-8039-29D64640C21B.png

This just feeds into Meghan's delusion that her opinions matter.  Can ABC not find a qualified political pundit?  And by qualified I mean someone not there because of nepotism.

• Love 16