Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

Will we see a chastened NutMeg today? Because, given the amount of promo and her highly inflated opinion of her ability and experience, her participation and her performance last night were underwhelming.

• Love 8

Just based on the pictures posted here, Meghan looks like she’s gained about 30 pounds. Her neck is disappearing. Not shaming, just stating how she looks.

I didn’t bother to watch her because I’m not a masochist, but it is heartening to know what some of the real journalists and pundits think of her. And now I’m convinced whenever they show up on this show to kiss her ass, it’s because it’s “suggested” they do so. Why else would Brazile kiss Meghan’s ass when Brazile showed up as a guest, yet she apparently ? on the special last night.

7 minutes ago, suomi said:

Will we see a chastened NutMeg today? Because, given the amount of promo and her highly inflated opinion of her ability and experience, her participation and her performance last night were underwhelming.

This is MeghanI’mNeverWrongandevenifIAmItMakesNoDifferenceMcCain we’re talkin’ aboot here.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 11
27 minutes ago, suomi said:

I don't think Meggie gets it.  Or will ever get it.  She's too dumb. She probably thinks any appearance is good for her  laughable  "career " , whatever that is. 

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, Tosia said:

I don't think Meggie gets it.  Or will ever get it.  She's too dumb. She probably thinks any appearance is good for her  laughable  "career " , whatever that is. 

She suffers from the Dunning-Kruger Effect.  When you are too dumb to realize you are dumb.

In the field of psychology, the Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people of low ability have illusory superiority and mistakenly assess their cognitive ability as greater than it is. The cognitive bias of illusory superiority comes from the inability of low-ability people to recognize their lack of ability. Without the self-awareness of metacognition, low-ability people cannot objectively evaluate their actual competence or incompetence.[1]

• Love 15
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

She suffers from the Dunning-Kruger Effect.  When you are too dumb to realize you are dumb.

In the field of psychology, the Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people of low ability have illusory superiority and mistakenly assess their cognitive ability as greater than it is. The cognitive bias of illusory superiority comes from the inability of low-ability people to recognize their lack of ability. Without the self-awareness of metacognition, low-ability people cannot objectively evaluate their actual competence or incompetence.[1]

There’s a lot of that going around!  ?

4 hours ago, OnTime said:

I switched to ABC for 15 seconds and they were all lined up at several tables. Why so many of them?

Good Grief, it looked like a telethon!

Yeah, way too many people.  Unless ...... it was a cunning plan to hear less of the ladies from The View!

• Love 10
4 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

After she spoke the first time I could swear George was doing his very best to not give a HUGE eyeroll.  It was almost a true SNL skit.  He was like "yeah, whatever, on to the next true pundint (ha)".  

Quoting myself.....I just figured out how to best explain George's face.  Think Dorothy in the Golden Girls.  Rose says something stupid, Dorothy stop and gives her the side glance, then dorothy turns back to the conversation....THEN Dorothy goes in for the kill for the SECOND side glance.  GOLD! thats what George was TRYING to not do.  

• Love 6

For someone who hates the British monarchy, why was MMM wearing ruffles at her neck & wrists like Queen Victoria, a huge bejewelled brooch like Queen Elizabeth, and a manly thick wool sweater like Charles when he walks around the Scottish Crown Estate?  

• Love 13

LOL - MM is whining on twitter that she only had 4 hours of sleep last night and can't emotionally deal with Trump's presser. 

So the 34 yr old political pundint her whole life that is a tough chick couldn't handle it - good grief. Far older and more experienced journalists and pundits lasted longer last night that her meager few comments and were on today for hours as well.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, maggiemae said:

LOL - MM is whining on twitter that she only had 4 hours of sleep last night and can't emotionally deal with Trump's presser. 

So the 34 yr old political pundint her whole life that is a tough chick couldn't handle it - good grief. Far older and more experienced journalists and pundits lasted longer last night that her meager few comments and were on today for hours as well.

So, why doesn’t she just go to bed?

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 8

Was MM on the post-election show for just a limited time?  I was reading here about 1:30 a.m., saw the reference to her being on, and switched over to ABC for the final half hour, however, there was no MM to be seen at the end of the show.  Can't say I really cared about missing an "opportunity" to see this great American pundint <sic>, but I was curious about what she'd be contributing on a show such as this, so was very slightly disappointed not to see her.  That'll probably be the last time I'll feel that emotion!

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Tunia said:

Was MM on the post-election show for just a limited time?  I was reading here about 1:30 a.m., saw the reference to her being on, and switched over to ABC for the final half hour, however, there was no MM to be seen at the end of the show.  Can't say I really cared about missing an "opportunity" to see this great American pundint <sic>, but I was curious about what she'd be contributing on a show such as this, so was very slightly disappointed not to see her.  That'll probably be the last time I'll feel that emotion!

I mentioned her not being on with the others who were there all night around that time.

14 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I mentioned her not being on with the others who were there all night around that time.

I saw your earlier comment, but misinterpreted it.  You said " RBM didn't get much face time compared to people who were there all night until the end", but I read it as comparing just her face time rather than the time spent on the show.  Thanks for the clarification.  :-)

• Love 1
12 hours ago, maggiemae said:

I saw her tweet and thought about replying.  Was going to say now she knows how millions of people feel day after day working multiple, back breaking jobs in order to provide for their families and she, a child of privilege, obviously has no idea how that feels.  

She's a whining bitch.  She said she's waited her entire "career" to get on network prime time tv on election night and then she has the balls to complain.  Then again, she's never happy.

• Love 19
29 minutes ago, Badbea99 said:

She's a whining bitch.  She said she's waited her entire "career" to get on network prime time tv on election night and then she has the balls to complain.  Then again, she's never happy.

There are far more qualified analysts/pundits who could/should have filled her spot.  

Note to ABC:  Quit trying to make political pundint Barbie happen.  It's never going to happen. Don't know which demographic you are trying to appeal to with pushing her in our faces so much.  Because it can't be said enough, being a child of a politician does not make you a political expert.  If that is the network news  standard then should I expect to see Jenna Bush start pontificating about Congress?  No because Jenna knows what lane she belongs in and stays in it.  Meghan wants to take over the whole fucking highway and block traffic.

• Love 21

Her producer should sit Meghan down on her Pink Coconut Snowball a$$ and make her watch herself over and over again in the segment before April's where Meghan was screeching and over-talking and interjecting from the moment the show opened.  I loved how Joy finally said "No, let Sunny answer the question" (instead of Meghan's stupid interjected question) and a couple of moments later Whoopie again had to shut her down.  Meggie thinks she is being persecuted but needs to be made aware that it is SHE is the one who is talking/screeching when it is her turn to be silent while others talk.  Donald Trump had a lot of lines that Whoopi could use to shut down Meghan (Meghan actually deserves them, not the WH correspondents).  The show must have multiple cameras; they should have one set to focus on Meghan for a day and make her watch and count the number of seconds she talks, screeches, interjects, pouts & eyerolls compared to the other members of the View.  Maybe if she could see that she eats up 30-50% of the time, leaving much less time to each of the others, she would see she is not being shortchanged.  Also make her take note of how many times she says something that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

• Love 17

I wonder if MM knows that her time is limited on The View, and is thus trying to leave a lasting (albeit ridiculously horrible) impression as staunch defender of her issues.

OR she is actually trying to get herself fired to enhance her angry victim persona, rather than walk away gracefully after being let go--cuz we know that (the graceful part) ain't happening.

MM just seems sooooo extreme these last two days.  

Remember about a week ago, MM stated that  a couple of states were lost by Obama or Hillary.....? And then corrected herself after the break, saying that her mom would be definitely calling her about that mistake?  So, does this imply that MM's egregious behavior is otherwise ok? 

Just sayin, MM is really bringing the crazy this week.

• Love 8

When my best friend died, I was about Meghan's age, a couple years older. All I can remember from that part of my life was unrelenting fury. I think Meghan may be going through a bit of that along with her grief. I get it, losing someone you love deeply is difficult. But, wow, seeing the barely contained rage she brings to what should be a fun hour, a literal kaffee klatch, is really difficult. She shouldn't be on the air; she's uncomfortable to watch. I am halfway waiting for her to shove the table away and start screaming profanities.

• Love 14
On 11/8/2018 at 4:51 PM, ChicagoCita said:

But, wow, seeing the barely contained rage she brings to what should be a fun hour, a literal kaffee klatch, is really difficult. She shouldn't be on the air; she's uncomfortable to watch. I am halfway waiting for her to shove the table away and start screaming profanities.

So true!!!   That is the perfect encapsulation of what's wrong with Meghan on the panel.  "Barely contained rage", indeed.  Watching this show has become incredibly difficult and uncomfortable.  That's why I only get through the Hot Topics (shouting at the television) then change the channel.  The second half of the show has always been the least interesting for me, but I watched because I enjoyed the panel.  MM has ruined that for me. 

• Love 9
19 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

Now that's a cute outfit. Why can't she go on The View wearing something sassy like that? Much more flattering than a lot of looks we see her wearing on the panel.

Agreed, she does look super cute and comfortable. She usually  looks like a stuffed sausage wrapped in a casing made of Grandma’s curtains on the panel and despite what she says, she looks uncomfortable. The first time I saw a picture of Meghan was the pic she posted on Twitter holding her Dad’s book with her tits hiked up to her chin (this was years ago, not recently). The Conservatives lost their collective minds at the time because how dare a women show her breasts, so I really think whoever dresses her tries to put forward this “Conservative Barbie/perfect Republican wife” look to get her away from that image. But it makes her look like a linebacker. She would look so much better in soft and tailored looks, with maybe a bit of an edge. As for her on the show today, I didn’t scream “Shut UP, you witch!” at all today, so...progress?

• Love 4

What I will say is that I am not surprised that, even in offering a tribute to her husband, Meghan speaks in war metaphors. Why is her life so hard that everyday is a battle? 

I think Meghan would be so much happier if she just allowed herself to be a cute, average, well-to-do young woman who lives and works in NYC and enjoys drinking and partying and trashy reality shows. Why subject herself (and us) to the stress and frustration of trying to be a political expert when she is so obviously not? 

Edited by rollacoaster
additional thoughts
  • Love 23
1 hour ago, GiveMeSpace said:

That Bonnie and Clyde thing didn't end well, either. What an odd thing for her to fantasize about herself.  Is it because they were killed with automatic rifles and those really get her going? So many questions.

"Thank you for always taking on the world beside me - Bonnie and Clyde forever"

Totally agree, @GiveMeSpace.  WTF would compare their relationship to B and C, especially taking on the world together? I don't get that at all.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

That Bonnie and Clyde thing didn't end well, either. What an odd thing for her to fantasize about herself.  Is it because they were killed with automatic rifles and those really get her going? So many questions.

Weren't Bonnie and Clyde two sociapaths who killed innocent people. What is wrong with her?

Why she didnt choose a nicer refference. 

• Love 14
15 hours ago, Anthea84 said:

Weren't Bonnie and Clyde two sociapaths who killed innocent people. What is wrong with her?

Why she didnt choose a nicer refference. 

I think she sees it as badass bandits running around making america right again.  Being bad for the sake of being good.  Not unlike Robin Hood lol

B&C had fun in the beginning, but then they became a gang and much harder to handle and then the bad things happened

• Love 8
22 hours ago, bannana said:

"Thank you for always taking on the world beside me - Bonnie and Clyde forever"

Totally agree, @GiveMeSpace.  WTF would compare their relationship to B and C, especially taking on the world together? I don't get that at all.

Rose and Jack would be a better option, though that has a not so great ending too lol

On 11/19/2018 at 1:52 PM, deirdra said:

Is that real Meghan or her Madame Tussaud's waxen version, portrayed in her natural environment - drinking in a bar.

Out of curiosity i looked at her Gram pix (and there are maaaaaaaaany) let me tell you haha. But you know my overall take is that she seems so happy and way much more her natural element. My Theory by Tammee blah blah blah heh. Ok when she 'debut' on the political scene?  Was it about the time Sen McCain was diagnosed?  I wonder if she just did it to be closer to her dad in the time they left together.  Would give her a reason to move back home.  And perhaps Sen McCain knew it wasnt really for her, but would help her make a transition to the entertainment dept

Edited by Tammee
Spelling
  • Love 3

I found elsewhere a description of how someone views The View in ten years time, and it's pretty accurate with it's projection for how Meghan will be, haha. I'm not sure I think she's going to last that long, but if she did, well:

---
"In keeping with tradition The Heiress McCain will say "my dad" within the first 6 minutes of the show regardless of the topic at hand and will continue to mention her dad at least every 10 minutes thereafter, the panel will be comprised of all Fox News rejects along with her buddy Clay Aiken, her nazi husband will be EP, she will still have white dots in the corner of her eyes thinking they make her look younger (and because the m/u dept still hates her), she will be at least 30 lbs heavier and wearing unflattering skin tight clothing (because wardrobe dept still hates her), she will have given birth once and adopted one too, she will cut the mic of anyone who disagrees with her, she will remind everyone she is the voice of middle America at least twice during the hour.

"Also, forgot to mention (and most importantly) there will be a shrine to her father center stage that all the panel must genuflect to before they take their seats at the beginning. The Heiress will walk (stomp) out last and will genuflect the longest and speak to the shrine before climbing into her chair and having to wipe away tears and compose herself while her Fox News pageant reject buddies pat her hand and tell her to take her time as they know how hard it is for her it only being a decade since the tragedy. This will be a daily ritual with several special extra long tributes through out the year (his bday, anniversary of death, anniv of his run for presidency, anniv of his loss of presidency, etc.)"

---

• Love 19

Suzie you are a gal after my own heart...but will the princess have a little doggie stair thing so she can get her FAT ASS up unto her big old chair.  Or or or will she have changed the seating to include strado loungers (however you spell it) for all the co-hosts? 

• Love 9
Just now, atlantaloves said:

Suzie you are a gal after my own heart...but will the princess have a little doggie stair thing so she can get her FAT ASS up unto her big old chair.  Or or or will she have changed the seating to include strado loungers (however you spell it) for all the co-hosts? 

Hahaha, oh I am sure that once it becomes The View with Meghan McCain she'll be changing the seating to whatever flatters her best!

• Love 7