Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

I was wondering if she would be part of ABC's election night coverage.  Really pisses me off that ABC continues to prop her up by putting her on prime time on such an important night.  Wonder how many times she'll mention her father and if she can hold it together without having any teary breakdowns (particularly when her beloved Arizona is talked about).  If she acts like an ass, ABC deserves what they get.  I plan on watching MSNBC for the most part.  

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Badbea99 said:

I was wondering if she would be part of ABC's election night coverage.  Really pisses me off that ABC continues to prop her up by putting her on prime time on such an important night.

I'm simply baffled by ABC trying to present her as a legitimate political analyst,/pundit.  Meghan was born to a politician.  She has no political science degree. She has never officially worked on a campaign.  She is no more qualified to offer her opinion on election night than one of us.

• Love 24
On 11/4/2018 at 11:10 AM, Alexis2291 said:

So Meghan put this on her Instagram. It looks like ABC is once again putting her on a serious panel to discuss politics with real political analysts. ??‍♀️?

I'm not sure that she's part of the coverage team. I read an article that ABC News is treating this like presidential election coverage. They don't haul out bags of angry, dumb talking potatoes for serious news coverage. I think she was probably passing through the set and snapped the pic before being hustled off by some producer whispering, "I heard there's free lunch on the seventh floor," into her ear.

5 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

I'm not sure that she's part of the coverage team. I read an article that ABC News is treating this like presidential election coverage. They don't haul out bags of angry, dumb talking potatoes for serious news coverage. I think she was probably passing through the set and snapped the pic before being hustled off by some producer whispering, "I heard there's free lunch on the seventh floor," into her ear.

2 hours ago, 17wheatthins said:

But there was no free lunch on the seventh floor!

17D7E9E3-A4B9-4062-B135-A2A3D7B4DB80.jpeg

?????????????

• Love 8

Again, here she goes making the election night coverage about HER and she never fails to mention her father every chance she gets.  

From the ads on ABC, it looks like they have 15 chairs on the stage for tonight's coverage.  I sincerely hope that they will keep most of the commentary centered on the real journalists who have covered politics forever and are able to do so without an agenda on either side.  Hopefully she will be seated somewhere where she isn't constantly on camera playing with her hair and licking her lips.  

• Love 15
58 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

She should be allowed to speak about Arizona. That is it. Why is ABC enabling her delusions about her being a political analyst?

Remember, she sees herself as speaking for "Middle America" along with her beloved Arizona.  She is no more qualified to be a political analyst than Joy or Abby for that matter.  I will be shocked if she doesn't find a way to insert her father into the conversation and I sure as hell hope the others don't bring him up all night long.  I'm becoming increasingly wary of ABC and their agenda.  

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, Badbea99 said:

She is no more qualified to be a political analyst than Joy or Abby

She is no more qualified than any sentient being with a fourth-grade reading level.  

I had to stop and think about how long it's been since I watched network news (except for the occasional 60 Minutes). Years and years is all I could come up with - I'm cable news all the way, baby. I do plan on watching a bit of ABC tonight to catch some of what NutMeg is layin' down. I hope the talking heads are working blocks of time during the 9 hours of coverage - so that once I find her she'll be available for awhile. I'm thinking that I won't be disappointed. ;)

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

Again, here she goes making the election night coverage about HER and she never fails to mention her father every chance she gets.  

From the ads on ABC, it looks like they have 15 chairs on the stage for tonight's coverage.  I sincerely hope that they will keep most of the commentary centered on the real journalists who have covered politics forever and are able to do so without an agenda on either side.  Hopefully she will be seated somewhere where she isn't constantly on camera playing with her hair and licking her lips.  

Actually, I hope the cameras do catch Meggie stroking her luxurious vinyl locks, (locks are hair, Meggie), and  cleaning the lipstick off of her teeth with her tongue--because that is more snarkily entertaining than any misnomers or ridiculously pompous predictions that come out of her overly-glossed mouth, from her brain cell-deficient brain, or via her hubbie's dictated blue cards.

BTW, Meggie, dear, your loudly-spoken, defiant love for chicken parm and carbs is showing on your rapidly increasing double chin.  Not to mention, the calories abundant in alcohol.  Just saying, dear.

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 9
On 2018-11-04 at 7:30 PM, TheGreenKnight said:

I'm sure she'll be well-behaved there unlike on The View, but I wouldn't have any interest in hearing her thoughts on Ground Hog Day, much less election results.

Depends on who else is on the panel.  Anyone competent will cut her down to size in a hurry.

• Love 6

You can use this thread to discuss MM's appearance on the ABC News Election Night coverage this evening. Here are the ground rules:

On topic: Anything that MM says or does or wears.

Off topic: Literally everything else. This includes what any other host or pundit does or says; election results; your personal opinion about the election results; any political opinion besides the one that comes out of MM's mouth; John and/or Cindy McCain unless they were expressly mentioned by Meghan on the show and provided they are discussed only within the context she mentioned them.

I really don't know where Meghan gets off thinking she speaks for "the middle of the country." Arizona is NOT the Midwest, or a Plains State. I live in "the middle of the country," both in Chicago and in a small town in Western Illinois, and she does NOT speak for me. I bet she can't find Chicago on a map, and I know for dang sure she can't find my small town on a map because literally no one can unless you happen to live in the county (which has 15,000 residents). Now that's "the middle of the country," girlfriend. Sedona is NOT.

• Love 13

I think she has spoken twice. Couldn't understand first. Second she again said McCaskill called dems crazy when actually she said (on FOX) it is the dems that interrupt people at dinner and yell and call names crazy.

Haven't seen Abby yet-  just watching a little while before I change to MSNBC,  for updates on my state elections.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 3

Holy wow, ABC has 17 talking heads at 4 separate desks. If NutMeg has pundinted I missed it. Just spotted Ahbby, didn't catch what she said, a couple sentences and she was gone. How can a field of 17 not greatly dilute each one's opportunities to contribute? Even tho I was looking forward to it, not sticking around for this ...

• Love 5

I'm embarrassed for her. She said someone had the support of Trump and her mother, like that means something, and everyone laughed. You could tell she wasn't trying to be funny. Also, why is she the only one at her table with a laptop?

• Love 13
Just now, ChicagoCita said:

Also, why is she the only one at her table with a laptop?

She has to read her script from somewhere. 

8 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

Also, why is she the only one at her table with a laptop?

6 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

She has to read her script from somewhere. 

4 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

That's right! No blue cards.

So her husband can email her talking points he wants her to make?

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

I'm embarrassed for her. She said someone had the support of Trump and her mother, like that means something, and everyone laughed. You could tell she wasn't trying to be funny. Also, why is she the only one at her table with a laptop?

Blue cards are useless tonight, too many variables and unforeseens will be in play. A laptop is the only reliable way someone/her husband can coach and prompt her. 'cause her own brainpower ain't up to the task.

• Love 14
13 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

I think your tweet made her nervous the two times I flipped over she was playing with her fingers. Maybe she was twiddling her thumbs waiting to be called on? 

Giant Misfit that seriously made me laugh out loud which is overdue. 

• Love 7
55 minutes ago, suomi said:

Holy wow, ABC has 17 talking heads at 4 separate desks. If NutMeg has pundinted I missed it. Just spotted Ahbby, didn't catch what she said, a couple sentences and she was gone. How can a field of 17 not greatly dilute each one's opportunities to contribute? Even tho I was looking forward to it, not sticking around for this ...

I guess the number of people will keep the amateurs out of action.  A good thing, perhaps.  I was flipping around & MM & AH only said a couple of sentences, as far as I heard.

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, springtime said:

Meghan cut off mid sentence to go to commercial!

Ouch! Now we know the stage manager's opinion of her value (and that she isn't following his direction).

• Love 7

I don't know anything about TV production, but I'd venture to say that when you're being interviewed as Meghan was in that little piece and the cameraman has a problem, you don't interrupt the interview and say, "Excuse me, Sir.  Are you having a problem?"  Instead, you just keep talking like nothing has happened.  At least, I think that's what most professionals would do.

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

Gemma - what happened? Is there a link? Just asking because I just saw one link to a very special MM above.

I don't know if it's online.  The camera shot switched from the front of them to the rear and I saw the camera guy fumble or drop something.  That's when she interrupted the interview to ask if he was OK.  The guy interviewing her just brushed it off.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 2
(edited)

At least RBM didn't get much face time compared to people who were there all night until the end which was a couple minutes ago. I think it's hilarious that when she did get to do that little side interview she got cut off by a commercial. RBM seemed to think she was going to make some huge splash in regards to political commentating tonight. That red outfit she wore to try and stand out did her no favors either.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 10

MutMeg did not shriek, but there was one point where they were talking about something that I could hear her squeaking in the background.  It was about guns and gun control.  But they didn't go to her.

Interestingly, the actual pundits were allowed to just jump in and talk and it was quite conversational.  For Abby (who said nothing memorable, just that Trump had an effect, haha) and NutMeg, they had to be called on.  So these two must have been told not to speak unless called upon.

NutMeg did do one snipe early on toward Ana Marie Cox, it was about somebody who won, who wasn't expected to, and she said: well he won, didn't he.  Ana Marie was taken aback.  I guess she doesn't watch the View.

They also switched them in and out.  There was one point where Abby and NutMeg were both there, but generally not, and there were lots of segments where neither was there.  

Oh, and NutMeg managed to mention her mother, if not her father.

At one point when NutMeg was speaking I believe I saw Donna Brazile roll her eyes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

My fave moment: when Meg had made some comment about a Democrat candidate being too liberal or radical for the  party, and the woman with the messy, orange-y blonde hair pushed back with a comment about the Dems being known for being inclusive. Meg didn't look too pleased about that. From what I saw, she managed to behave herself, though, honestly, she wasn't given the opportunity to do much damage. 

• Love 7
48 minutes ago, TheView said:

I can't wait to see her face today. 

Think Meggie will be able to wash off the ton of eye makeup that she troweled on last night?  

Superficial comments on her looks below but I have a point. 

Meggie looked bad, just out-of-place, with her overly bleached vinyl hair, red suit, and raccoon eyeliner on the revolving panel of true political analysts. The female pundits wore natural makeup and had great hairstyles--not to mention intelligent, thoughtful comments. I thought Donna Brazile looked more beautiful than ever.  If she did roll her eyes at Meggie's prepared, rapid-fire, valley-girl-voiced comments, I give Donna even more props.  Megs needs to take a lesson from these female journalists/analysts, not her best friend, Cunty. 

My point is that Megs doesn't fit with today's true pundits in looks or acumen. She is just out-of-place. Yes, yes, yes, to the poster above who said ABC was an enabler.  

Unfortunately, Megs doesn't get it.  Here's hoping she will be let go from the View, and any other appearances, within a year ( I'm being generous, cuz many of my candidates won ). Move on, Megs. 

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, rollacoaster said:

My fave moment: when Meg had made some comment about a Democrat candidate being too liberal or radical for the  party, and the woman with the messy, orange-y blonde hair pushed back with a comment about the Dems being known for being inclusive.

Meghan really  needs to stop analyzing a party she doesn't belong to.  Let her go back to explaining her own tribe.

• Love 17