Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, junebug said:

Megan really likes statistics.  She's always quoting them, and I couldn't care less.

More times then not she conveniently leaves out the source for said statistics until someone asks.

• Love 14
17 hours ago, junebug said:

Megan really likes statistics.  She's always quoting them, and I couldn't care less.

Her real love is for polling statistics which has so many variances (that she never cites) that you have to consider in order to weigh how well the poll reflects state/national opinion. When she referenced the poll numbers in the O'Rourke vs Cruz race, she literally referenced a poll that said the current results shouldn't be taken seriously because the poll has not yet met the minimum sample data needed to be considered legitimate. But you know why she used that 'stat'? Because it was a New York Times poll and she likely wanted to infer 'see, even the Democratic NYT is polling Cruz ahead of O'Rourke'.

• Love 12
On 10/19/2018 at 2:13 PM, bannana said:

Did I hear correctly, did the woman from Power say they have 9 million viewers?  Is that even possible?

On 10/20/2018 at 1:47 AM, bannana said:

So I couldn't believe this and did some research and of course it is not true.  She said, as I recall, that it is the most viewed show and has 9 million viewers.  That's up in the Game of Thrones level of viewers.  Except that GOT has 3 million more.

This is probably an across-all-platforms measurement. Since Starz is a subscription network, instead of an ad-supported network, that is actually what they care about (rather than wooing ad-buyers). They want to please their paid subscribers, rather than Ford and Procter & Gamble. The number Naturi Naughton cited probably includes the Live + Same Day numbers (which is what is usually cited for ratings, although sometimes we get Live + 3), plus all the times Starz re-runs a new episode during its first week, then all the streaming views. If you count like that, yes it is possible. Here's the ratings section of the last Power renewal press release

“Power” is the hugely successful New York-based crime drama created by Courtney A. Kemp who executive produces alongside Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, Mark Canton, Randall Emmett, Gary Lennon and Shana Stein. The critically-acclaimed fourth season averaged 9.3 million multiplatform viewers per episode and is the most-watched franchise for Starz, averaging 7.4 million multiplatform viewers for all four seasons.* “Power” ranks number 3 among premium scripted series for viewers* * and was a top three Sunday night program on Nielsen Social Rankings nine out of 10 weeks.* * * The series is the recent recipient of three 2018 NAACP Image Awards® including “Outstanding Drama Series” and “Outstanding Actor in a Drama Series,” and a 2017 People’s Choice Award® for “Favorite Premium Drama Series.”

(cut)

*Source: Based on Starz internal estimates of linear and non-linear / time shifted results from Nielsen (NPower) as well as internal analysis of broadband data. Subject to further qualifications available upon request.

**Source: Nielsen NPower, Live +SD HH Projections (000s) for episodes premieres on premium.

And to be fair, GoT probably gets a much bigger audience than what is reported too. 

I think this probably should have been posted in the episode thread, but it was from last week, and was asked here, so I figured it was easier to answer here. 

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, General Days said:

This is probably an across-all-platforms measurement. Since Starz is a subscription network, instead of an ad-supported network, that is actually what they care about (rather than wooing ad-buyers). They want to please their paid subscribers, rather than Ford and Procter & Gamble. The number Naturi Naughton cited probably includes the Live + Same Day numbers (which is what is usually cited for ratings, although sometimes we get Live + 3), plus all the times Starz re-runs a new episode during its first week, then all the streaming views. If you count like that, yes it is possible. Here's the ratings section of the last Power renewal press release

And to be fair, GoT probably gets a much bigger audience than what is reported too. 

I think this probably should have been posted in the episode thread, but it was from last week, and was asked here, so I figured it was easier to answer here. 

Thanks, and whoops, I did post in the wrong thread.

8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

962A6A93-44BE-4683-8197-4B3B1563A108.jpeg

I think it's a nice post. Love her or hate her she loved her father and if she wants to help find a cure for the disease he died from I say good for her.

• Love 3
On 10/23/2018 at 6:54 AM, ginger90 said:

962A6A93-44BE-4683-8197-4B3B1563A108.jpeg

Certainly a great cause but her post bothers me and her comments during the show asking for donations bothered me as well...not as an isolated incident but really as a build up of what I think Meghan McCain represents - she's all about herself, even when she tries to say or do something nice she has this need to always bring everything back to her. I've seen this behaviour enough that I'm convinced that Meghan doesn't genuinely care about things unless they affect her in some way. While it upsets her to think that people don't find her compassionate, it's her own actions that suggest that about her, it's not people randomly making up stories to make her look bad.

• Love 21

Agreed RH. IMO, she should resign and work for Glioblastma in some way or for the McCain Institute. Not pretend to be a pundint [sic].

Also, imo, she doesn't even come close to having her Dad mentor her because he never would have talked like she does.

• Love 13

Meghan's hair extensions remind me of some seasons of "The Bachelor" where 80% of the women  have fake blond hair down past their boobs.  

It is an awful look.  What makes it worse is that she keeps PETTING her extensions, calling attention to how fake they are. 

• Love 14

Wonder if Meggie is backtracking due to the backlash against Megyn Kelly'racist comments.

Meggie is bound to go too far one of these days...because she's dumb and hateful, despite this new leaf she said she is turning over. I bet "her" producers talked to her, not the other way around.

Let's see how long she lasts on the nice train. 

• Love 18

Megan got put in her place on Bill Maher's show, she was exposed as an ignorant fool who rides her dad's coat tails. She brings nothing fresh and new to the table. 

The above quote is from @Apprentice79. Here is a link to the Bill Maher clip, and it is GLORIOUS. It shows that she has been espousing the same tired, ignorant rhetoric for a long time, plus playing the victim card ("The mean man is using his smarts to pick on little ol' blonde me!") 

• Love 15

OK, I made it through that clip until Begala brought up something that happened with Ronald Reagan, and McCain retorted, in her noxious Valley Girl voice, with, "How would I know? I wasn't born yet."

giphy.gif

19 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

But then Begala came back with: “I wasn’t born during the French Revolution, but I know of IT

A Thing of Beauty. 

It really was. She was so like the kid finally allowed at the grownups table, and was totally out of her league. She hasn't changed much at all, just so much more loud and forceful in her ignorance. 

• Love 16

I wonder what the numbers are now.  Of course in the beginning there will be the curiousity jumpers-on, but then they usually jump back off.

My big thing is when in the bloody hell will TPTB realize that she is not raising us all up and are in fact sucking the air from our collective lungs.  I understand she is still grieving ( btw which step is that, is there many more to live through?) Steps of Grief.  TpTB were very generous with the amt of time they gave her to be off, so i dont think they would be the dawgs on that one.  If anything, it goes back to medically.  I dont think she wanted to come back, if at all, but is fulfilling family obligations.  For the rest of your life MM?

You dont have to be where you dont want to be.  Its ok to check out for a while and deal with things.  Your grief and yes your anger.  Sedona would be an awesome place to retreat to.  Im sure they have grief counselors.  They could help you deal in a calm serene place.  Just give it a thought, definitely do-able.

• Love 7

Why doesnt she go work for the Foundation.  Who wouldnt be a better Face for it and in fundraising.  The pamphlets with info and donation requests practically write themselves.  Its perfect.

• Love 6
On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 4:19 PM, rollacoaster said:

The above quote is from @Apprentice79. Here is a link to the Bill Maher clip, and it is GLORIOUS. It shows that she has been espousing the same tired, ignorant rhetoric for a long time, plus playing the victim card ("The mean man is using his smarts to pick on little ol' blonde me!") 

You know what stands out to me in this clip?  Meghan says (LIES)  "I'm getting shit like you wouldn't believe just for coming on this show."    Later they talk about the importance of presenting various points of view and she is asked, WHO?  Who objected to you coming on this show?   Her answer is, "just random people, you know, twitter, on the internet, whatever."  Translation:  Nobody - I made it up.  

• Love 23

So I was reading HuffPo this a.m. on my phone, and there was an article about MM and the Stacey Abrams clip and the comments were very anti-MM.  Almost every comment was negative - so I wonder if the notion that bad attention is better than no attention is why NBC keeps her on - because she makes waves and people talk about her and that keeps The View on the radar.  I am thinking if no one watched (not likely) and no one snarked (also not likely) her flame might go out.  I really have stopped watching and read here.  I will watch a clip posted.  I still have it on my DVR in case I read here of something fab.

• Love 8

Meghan is like the bratty child who acts up to get attention.  She had two brothers and a sister and the siblings from her dad's previous marriage.  I wonder if Meghan acted badly to get her dad's attention.  

41 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I am thinking if no one watched (not likely) and no one snarked (also not likely) her flame might go out.

I think you are right.  If she wasn't such a shrill obnoxious bitch she wouldn't get the media coverage she gets now.  I mean let's face it. It's not like she is a great political mind who is being sought to give her opinions on the state of our country.  And if you take away the McCain name she wouldn't even be asked what time it is.

• Love 12

I stumbled upon this article when I was trying to find out what the Good Morning America anchors wore for Halloween.  (Yes, I have no life.)  It's an article on Meghan's feelings about the importance of voting.  Did you know she's from a military family?  She says so in the article.  Did you also know she's from a political family?  She says that too in the article.

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/news/story/matters-meghan-mccain-us-foreign-policy-driving-vote-58839722

eta:  Oh, I just realized there's a video, too.  

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

So I was reading HuffPo this a.m. on my phone, and there was an article about MM and the Stacey Abrams clip and the comments were very anti-MM.  Almost every comment was negative - so I wonder if the notion that bad attention is better than no attention is why NBC keeps her on - because she makes waves and people talk about her and that keeps The View on the radar.  I am thinking if no one watched (not likely) and no one snarked (also not likely) her flame might go out.  I really have stopped watching and read here.  I will watch a clip posted.  I still have it on my DVR in case I read here of something fab.

That has to be the case because she brings nothing  to the show.  As long as they’re in the news, they are happy.  She still might get the boot when her contract is up, though.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

"Some people call me cold, but that's not ice. It's diamonds."

I'm fairly certain that was Erika Jayne's exact tagline on the Real Housewives. Or is that why she has it in quotation marks?

Edited by KicksandGiggles
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, KicksandGiggles said:

I'm fairly certain that was Erika Jayne's exact tagline on the Real Housewives. Or is that why she has it in quotation marks?

I looked it up:

Erika Girardi: "Some people call me cold, but that's not ice—it's diamonds."

• Love 7

So, not crediting an author of a phrase, and letting people think you came up with it yourself ......... ........hmmmmmm.

What is that called??????

What is that called??????

I think it starts with a "p". 

Maybe Meggie should ask her hubbie. I think he knows.  

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 16
On 10/31/2018 at 8:55 AM, lookeyloo said:

Yep.  Or Make Sparks as they called it back in the day, during the first iteration of The View. 

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Yep.  Or Make Sparks as they called it back in the day, during the first iteration of The View. 

It's what you do when you are unqualified and have nothing of value to add.

19 hours ago, ginger90 said:

473A190A-7D05-4899-8A88-3036C7254935.jpeg

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Erika Girardi: "Some people call me cold, but that's not ice—it's diamonds."

That is such an obnoxious thing to say.  Not surprised Meghan would steal it as her own.

• Love 4
On 10/28/2018 at 2:19 PM, rollacoaster said:

She really has a lot of nerve. She's the one that bought up history with her "I wasn't born yet" barb and when he responded in kind she played the victim card. She tried to roll with the big dog and came up a few bones short.

Then she played the scratched "poor me" record again by saying she gets a lot of shit for coming on the show. However, when called out to explain specifics she got all vague, blaming "random" people and those on Twitter. I think she's full of shit. She acts like folks have nailed her to the cross or something. I'm not saying no one ever advised her not to come on (especially since she's so bad at what she was trying to do) but I do think she's overexaggerating.

• Love 16
5 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

If she's going to be on, I won't be watching ABC election night.

I'm sure she'll be well-behaved there unlike on The View, but I wouldn't have any interest in hearing her thoughts on Ground Hog Day, much less election results.

• Love 9
17 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I'm sure she'll be well-behaved there unlike on The View, but I wouldn't have any interest in hearing her thoughts on Ground Hog Day, much less election results.

The few times I’ve seen her on ABC as a “political analyst,” it’s more embarrassing to watch than when she’s on The View. The actual political analysts on the news portion of ABC know what they’re talking about, or at least have enough knowledge and experience to speak on things intelligently.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 14

Will she have a blue-card app on her phone so that her husband can feed her what to say in real time?  She can't think on her feet (or sitting down). Pundints don't belong on shows with pundits.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 12