Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

You know, I never expected to like Meghan McCain, but did anyone really expect her to be as crazy as she is? I assumed she would lean towards being measured and sane like her father since he's the reason she has this job. I definitely didn't expect this twitchy bundle of nerves who talks a mile a minute and practically should be wearing orange lipstick from kissing #45's backside every morning. And the way she acts towards Joy almost makes Hasselbeck look professional and amiable in comparison.

• Love 22
2 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

Her fiance may have some influence over some of the things she says

I've seen him on many MSNBC shows, and while he is conservative, he is never all "whatabout!" and "bothsides!"  MM should listen to him, he can be measured and thoughtful.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I definitely didn't expect this twitchy bundle of nerves who talks a mile a minute and practically should be wearing orange lipstick from kissing #45's backside every morning. 

Orange lipstick would have to look better than the purple she wore today. Made her teeth look purple too. Yuck

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 6
57 minutes ago, pachebo said:

she also appears to have a bit of "dreadlock hair" around her mouth and i thought i noticed some overbleached blond hair on the whoopster's upper lip

You're so bad. I like that in people.

• Love 4
On 11/8/2017 at 2:59 AM, TheGreenKnight said:

You know, I never expected to like Meghan McCain, but did anyone really expect her to be as crazy as she is?

I knew I wouldn't agree with her on much either, but she is 10x's worse than I imagined she would be. I didn't agree much with Jedediah Bila either but she at least had chemistry with the other hosts, laughed at jokes and didn't have a stick up her behind. 

On 11/8/2017 at 4:21 AM, Jaded said:

I do wonder if her demeanor as a "View" host would be different if she hadn't had a multiyear layover at FN before accepting this job.

Jedediah worked at Fox too and she wasn't as awful as MM.

• Love 5
22 hours ago, Tunia said:

MM always seems so damn ANGRY, no matter what the topic.  Serious bitch face there.  Gurrrl needs a funny bone transplant - STAT.

She was worse at FOX, if that's even possible. Anytime someone tried to point out her hypocrisy, she'd lose it. She never argued using facts but pure emotion. I watched some clips and am convinced she truly is a "mean girl." She said she had a "cold, dark heart," and that she was "loving" the Hollywood meltdown over Trump's POTUS win - relishing in it. 

• Love 7
48 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

Meghan was trying to pick a fight with Joy today yet again...

...we get it, Meghan. You hate Joy.

I posted in the episode thread, but I absolutely believe that when Meghan said she was there to argue/fight with Joy, what she meant was, "I'm going to make headlines by getting Joy to say she agrees with an outrageous liberal view."  

She keeps trying, but Joy is too smart to take the bait. 

• Love 9
Just now, backformore said:

I posted in the episode thread, but I absolutely believe that when Meghan said she was there to argue/fight with Joy, what she meant was, "I'm going to make headlines by getting Joy to say she agrees with an outrageous liberal view."  

She keeps trying, but Joy is too smart to take the bait. 

I agree 100%. I posted in the episode thread as well, and I think I liked your post. 

I think Meghan wants to be able to say, "yeah, I took down that Liberal, Trump-hatin' Joy." 

Joy is the type of Liberal Mrs. Both Sides can't stand. Her goal before she leaves that show is to take down Joy & see it talked about all over Conservative media. 

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

I agree 100%. I posted in the episode thread as well, and I think I liked your post. 

I think Meghan wants to be able to say, "yeah, I took down that Liberal, Trump-hatin' Joy." 

Joy is the type of Liberal Mrs. Both Sides can't stand. Her goal before she leaves that show is to take down Joy & see it talked about all over Conservative media. 

Joy is not easily offended like Rosie O'Donnell. If Rosie was on the panel, Megan's tactics would have worked.  Joy has had more challenges in life, that Elsa will never understand. Joy is a woman that had to start all over again as a 39 year old, unemployed, divorcee with a daughter to feed. So, Joy has nothing to prove to the likes of Meghan McCain, who is incapable of complex thoughts and emotions. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 14
6 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Joy is not easily offended like Rosie O'Donnell. If Rosie was on the panel, Megan's tactics would have worked.  Joy has had more challenges in life, that Elsa will never understand. Joy is a woman that had to start all over again as a 39 year old, unemployed, divorcee with a daughter to feed. So, Joy has nothing to prove to the likes of Meghan McCain, who is incapable of complex thoughts and emotions. 

I completely agree. Conservative media hates Rosie. 

Speaking of something to prove, I have a theory about why Elsa quickly jumps to the defense of Trump. Her dad has been called a "RINO," and a traitor by many Republicans for speaking out against Trump. Being a Republican is obviously a major part of MM's identity, so maybe the backlash her dad received made her not want to speak out as much.

This tells me one thing: Her dad has a backbone and puts country before party. Meghan McCain does not.

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 9

I just remembered, when MM was introduced as host, she said how much she admired Bitsy Hasselbeck, was honored to "sit in her chair," and, if I'm not mistaken, referred to the split-screen incident with Bitsy and Rosie. 

She wants to have a split-screen blowup with Joy.  And, like @Apprentice79 said,  Joy is not Rosie.  She's not going to take the bait. 

• Love 11
22 minutes ago, backformore said:

I just remembered, when MM was introduced as host, she said how much she admired Bitsy Hasselbeck, was honored to "sit in her chair," and, if I'm not mistaken, referred to the split-screen incident with Bitsy and Rosie. 

She wants to have a split-screen blowup with Joy.  And, like @Apprentice79 said,  Joy is not Rosie.  She's not going to take the bait. 

Nope. Elsa will keep trying, though. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, lexytheblasian said:

Meghan was trying to pick a fight with Joy today yet again...

...we get it, Meghan. You hate Joy.

Joy will just flick her away like the annoying gnat she is. Right now she's being  respectful something MM should try.  She is out of her depth because Joy will stop her in her tracks with the irresponsible accusations , but won't take it home with her.  MM does act like her life depends on making a grand stand take down of Joy.  So what who cares miss too big for your britches.??     . I've only seen her on Bill Maher  where she was laughable  and few times previously so will have to take everyone's word that she smiled before.  Maybe the  " more coconserative than I am"  boyfriend  has influenced her.  Some women do take on the spouses views and stances.  Anyone who holds Bisty in high regard is just plain (  as our our leader says)  ... Sad.  

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Joy will just flick her away like the annoying gnat she is. Right now she's being  respectful something MM should try.  She is out of her depth because Joy will stop her in her tracks with the irresponsible accusations , but won't take it home with her.  MM does act like her life depends on making a grand stand take down of Joy.  So what who cares miss too big for your britches.??     . I've only seen her on Bill Maher  where she was laughable  and few times previously so will have to take everyone's word that she smiled before.  Maybe the  " more coconserative than I am"  boyfriend  has influenced her.  Some women do take on the spouses views and stances.  Anyone who holds Bisty in high regard is just plain (  as our our leader says)  ... Sad.  

Her appearance on Bill Maher's show was embarrassing.

I was also wondering if her new fiancé has influenced her somehow. I think she said that he was more Conservative than her dad on her first day at "The View." 

Either way, she is definitely looking to start something with Joy.

• Love 6

Hey @GHScorpiosRule, this is random and off topic but I'm assuming you're a Scorpio?! I'm a Scorpio, too! Guess who else is a Scorpio?!

Mrs. Both Sides...

Tough girl...

Elsa..

Meghan McCain :D 

We have a generally unpopular reputation, with members including Charles Manson and Miley Cyrus. Whoopi is also a Scorpio. And who can forget Hillary Rodham Clinton?! Haha. 

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, lexytheblasian said:

Hey @GHScorpiosRule, this is random and off topic but I'm assuming you're a Scorpio?! I'm a Scorpio, too! Guess who else is a Scorpio?!

Mrs. Both Sides...

Tough girl...

Elsa..

Meghan McCain :D 

We have a generally unpopular reputation, with members including Charles Manson and Miley Cyrus. Whoopi is also a Scorpio. And who can forget Hillary Rodham Clinton?! Haha. 

HA! No, I Am NOT!!! My handle refers to GH-General Hospital—Scorpios-ROBERT!FUCKING!SCORPIO, Anna Devane Scorpio and Robin Scorpio! WHO RULE!!!

Get it? GH+Scorpios+RULE!????

Thanks be to Zodiac I DO NOT share a birthday month with HERSELF.

I am a Proud Pisces!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
Because Proper Capitalization is IMPORTANT!
  • Love 10
44 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

HA! No, I Am NOT!!! My handle refers to GH-General Hospital—Scorpios-ROBERT!FUCKING!SCORPIO, Anna Devane Scorpio and Robin Scorpio! WHO RULE!!!

Thanks be to Zodiac i DO NOT share a birthday month with HERSELF.

I am a Proud Pisces!

LOL!! Ahhhh, I get it now haha! 

I'm into astrology so my mind automatically went to the zodiac sign, Scorpio lol.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Thanks be to Zodiac i DO NOT share a birthday month with HERSELF.

I am a Proud Pisces!

I love hearing about why people picked the screennames they did. I often wonder about some of them and have to stop myself from bugging people with a pm to ask  them why they chose them. I always read @lexytheblasian as something it probably doesn't mean, for example. (or @ZoloftBlob, who I read as Bob instead of Blob, and she's a woman)

Oops...OT. What would we choose for MM for a screen name?

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

I love hearing about why people picked the screennames they did. I often wonder about some of them and have to stop myself from bugging people with a pm to ask  them why they chose them. I always read @lexytheblasian as something it probably doesn't mean, for example. (or @ZoloftBlob, who I read as Bob instead of Blob, and she's a woman)

Oops...OT. What would we choose for MM for a screen name?

Lol, I like hearing why people picked their screen names, too. I picked mine because I'm half black, half Asian = blasian (:

Hmmm. I think MM's screen name would be @Elsa

@Bothsides

@I_Hate_Joy_Behar 

... or something along those lines lol.

• Love 9

Good grief - MM sold the exclusive rights to the wedding to People. Wore a white FUR stole but walked down the aisle in cow hides. She had a taxidermist provide wild game heads. Cigar bar, slots, poker tables and roulette tables. Wild game for dinner. Clqy Aiken preformed. Hmmmmm - k, lol.

• Love 7

Cow hides?  Lovely.

Wild game heads?  Elegant.

Just the kind of classy wedding I always dreamed of. 

Seriously?   What the fuck is wrong with her?  

I'm surprised Ted Nugent didn't perform. 

• Love 17
5 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Good grief - MM sold the exclusive rights to the wedding to People. Wore a white FUR stole but walked down the aisle in cow hides. She had a taxidermist provide wild game heads. Cigar bar, slots, poker tables and roulette tables. Wild game for dinner. Clqy Aiken preformed. Hmmmmm - k, lol.

I LOVE Clay Aiken, and can't for the life of me figure how those two are close friends.  

MM's wedding - the article says she walked down the aisle in cow hides.  But there's a photo of her in a nice lace dress. 

image.jpg

• Love 10

Meghan's wedding reminds me of my neighbor friend's step sister from when I was young. The step sister was over 10yrs older then my friend and got married in kind of the same circumstances regarding an ill parent as the now Mrs. Married. The step sister had been going out for a couple years with her bf at the time and gave him an ultimatum telling him that if he wasn't ready to get engaged and married then she wanted to break up. This was after finding out her Mom was terminal which I think led her to want to get married and have her Mom there before she got too ill to be able to attend and participate at her wedding. The wedding happened, the Mom died  a few  months later and the step sister's marriage lasted maybe 5 years. 

^ That all happened before I hit my teens and I still remember discussions about how giving an ultimatum to get a guy to marry or vice versa usually doesn't work out well. The step sister never quit her job with the company General Mills though so even after the divorce she didn't have the stress of worrying about finding a job. Her father my friends step dad was doing well financially so he was there to help too. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Tosia said:

Cow hides?  Lovely.

Wild game heads?  Elegant.

Just the kind of classy wedding I always dreamed of. 

Seriously?   What the fuck is wrong with her?  

I'm surprised Ted Nugent didn't perform. 

Just proves money does not buy good taste

• Love 16

I love animals, and I'm vegetarian, so I can't even begin to understand using dead animal heads as decorative accessories or having wild game on the menu. However, considering her father is dying, the last thing I would think she'd want at her wedding is reminders of death, albeit animals.   Anyway certainly not my idea of a romantic wedding.

I am glad she was able to have her Dad attend her wedding and walk her down the aisle. And I hope her marriage is long and happy. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, buffynut said:

I love animals, and I'm vegetarian, so I can't even begin to understand using dead animal heads as decorative accessories or having wild game on the menu. However, considering her father is dying, the last thing I would think she'd want at her wedding is reminders of death, albeit animals.   Anyway certainly not my idea of a romantic wedding.

I am glad she was able to have her Dad attend her wedding and walk her down the aisle. And I hope her marriage is long and happy. 

Hopefully, her new marriage will be the reason that she gives to leave the show..

• Love 12

From the episode thread:

On 11/23/2017 at 4:18 PM, telemachus2 said:

Don't care for her much thus far, but "as a mom, wife, daughter, & cancer survivor" I was touched & glad that Meghan got married while her dad was still able to participate & savor the moment (&, presumably, the addition of another conservative to Clan McCain - oh well, calmer Thanksgivings ...)

Well, I’m no hypocrite-I have no nice wishes or thoughts for this combative and hateful person. She’s got married-Big Whup. Like I give any fucks. She’s not the one who has cancer; yet she always makes it about her; she’s not guilty of the sexual harassment by people who happen to be in her Party, but takes it as a personal affront and makes it about political parties.

It’s like being pressured to say something nice about a not so nice person because they get sick or died. Even if she was the one who had cancer, if she had the same personality she’s been showing these past weeks, I still wouldn’t like her. I don’t wish her dead, but no sympathy or empathy from me-her Father gets that.

Yes, I am a mean cold-hearted, monster.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 16

Maybe it's just me but there is just something off about this whole marriage thing. There are not pic of the bride and groom together, he came out of nowhere,  I just don't get the we are in love vibe.  Oh yeah on the sexiest man alive show MM said she and Sara had the same taste in men because their husbands could be brothers....really?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, xldb2004 said:

Maybe it's just me but there is just something off about this whole marriage thing. There are not pic of the bride and groom together, he came out of nowhere,  I just don't get the we are in love vibe.  Oh yeah on the sexiest man alive show MM said she and Sara had the same taste in men because their husbands could be brothers....really?

When Meghan said that I looked up picture of Sarah's husband.  I didn't see a resemblance at all.

• Love 6

Here's what Sen McCain tweeted:

Thank you for your support & best wishes. My left leg was doing extra work to compensate for the boot, so I'm giving it a break. I still hate wearing this boot, but it won't slow us down from frying 7 turkeys today!

The brace was moved from one leg to the other and the conspiracy nuts out there went crazy. 

• Love 3
On 24/11/2017 at 1:17 AM, backformore said:

I LOVE Clay Aiken, and can't for the life of me figure how those two are close friends.  

MM's wedding - the article says she walked down the aisle in cow hides.  But there's a photo of her in a nice lace dress. 

image.jpg

Beautiful and sad, her father doesn't look good. Far worse than when he appeared on the show :(

• Love 3