Type keyword(s) to search

Past Seasons Talk: Gibbs Is Standing Right Behind Me, Isn't He?

• Start Topic

I just rewatched season 11 Better Angels when Papa Walton makes Gibbs visit the German pilot who saved him in WWII. cripes it is a gut puncher. Made worse by how much he reminds me of my dad. Brutal. Again I will state for the 100th time, Mark Harmon can act more with his eyes than most actors do all day.

• Love 6

Am continuing a rewatch of Season 11 - thank you USA! Anyway, can someone please refresh my memory as to where Carrie went? Just ended "Alibi" with the two of them sharing a friendly meal at the diner. I forgot all about her - and really like her. If Abby Boren isn't going to work since they are exactly alike, then bring back Carrie!!

As NCIS approaches their 300th show the NY Times chose what they considered the show's 5 most compelling episodes

1) SWAK

2) Heartland

3) Truth or Consequences

4) Recruited

5) Hit and Run

The first 3 would probably be on my list but I would replace the last 2.  No list of most compelling episodes would be complete without "Call of Silence" and I jwould have chosed the show "So it Goes"  Ducky's trip to London, the flashbacks to the perfectly casted Young Ducky.  David McCallum again just showed us why he has had such a long career.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm going to cheat:

1) SWAK/Twilight/Kill Ari Parts 1 and 2 (I'd consider that almost to be one thread of story, and Ari has to be acknowledged in there somewhere.  The show's greatest villain, IMO)

2) Heartland/Call of Silence/Better Angels

3) Probie

4) Bloodbath

5) So It Goes

Edited by Ohmo

Even as a huge Abby fan I wouldn't put Hit and Run on my list of favourite episodes.

For me:

1. Call of Silence

2. Heartland

3. Bloodbath

4. Baltimore/Swan Song

5. Twilight

I have to say I like the shows 'small' episodes. A couple of episodes this season nearly made my lists or that reason. I think that's why Call of Silence and Heartland are so popular. One murder, not a complicated case but both have compelling emotional moments.

I think this should probably go in the unpopular opinions thread - I never liked Ari. The only episode of his I liked was Twilight because he's actually not in that much of it, and pretty much everyone gets a hero moment.

I'm amazed that y'all can spit out those episode titles so easily, unless you had to go look them up first. ;) I have a list of favorites but I'm not sure I'd call them compelling, specifically. I'm looking at Wikipedia and I thought One Shot, One Kill; and The Good Samaritan (both from S1) were really good stories but not super compelling. 

My picks for compelling are:

1) So It Goes (Young Ducky #1)

2) Frame Up (Abby's assistant Chip tries to frame Tony)

3) Bait (The kid who thinks his mother isn't dead and takes his classroom hostage. LOVE that one!)

4) Newborn King (Gibbs delivers baby of Lieutenant + Afghan king)

5) Truth or Consequences

Honorable mentions: Baltimore, Rekindled (the arson case with Tony flashbacks), about 95% of S1 & S2 (nothing with Ari), and Parental Guidance Suggested (the one where the daughter turns out to be the perp)

I'm amazed that y'all can spit out those episode titles so easily, unless you had to go look them up first. ;) I have a list of favorites but I'm not sure I'd call them compelling, specifically. I'm looking at Wikipedia and I thought One Shot, One Kill; and The Good Samaritan (both from S1) were really good stories but not super compelling. 

My picks for compelling are:

1) So It Goes (Young Ducky #1)

2) Frame Up (Abby's assistant Chip tries to frame Tony)

3) Bait (The kid who thinks his mother isn't dead and takes his classroom hostage. LOVE that one!)

4) Newborn King (Gibbs delivers baby of Lieutenant + Afghan king)

5) Truth or Consequences

Honorable mentions: Baltimore, Rekindled (the arson case with Tony flashbacks), about 95% of S1 & S2 (nothing with Ari), and Parental Guidance Suggested (the one where the daughter turns out to be the perp)

I'm not completely solid about 4, but your list and mine are at least really, really close.

I'm not completely solid about 4, but your list and mine are at least really, really close.

Aww, we really like that one. Our favorite moments include when the lieutenant tells Gibbs and Ziva that her water broke and they stare at her like, "... lol what?!" and she says "Ooh-rah?", and Palmer telling Breena's dad (excellent casting BTW) why they do what they do.

• Love 1

USA is showing an "Ellie-thon" today, with Bishop eps. I just re-watched her first ep - and I liked that girl! Where is that girl!? Quick to smile - even tho quirky; no fear of Gibbs, confident in what she knows vs. what she doesn't.... I want that girl back!

• Love 2

I saw that on a USA rerun and did they ever explain exactly how

Gibbs and company fooled the perps into thinking they were looking at an altered view of the classroom

?

I had a feeling something was cut, because I just didn't get how that happened.

Gibbs and company fooled the perps into thinking they were looking at an altered view of the classroom

?

As I understand it, and I could be wrong, they figured out what wavelength the bad guys were broadcasting on and fed their own content onto it.

?

I don't think spoiler tags are necessary since it is an old episode?

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyways, they didn't fool the perps into thinking they were looking at an altered view of the classroom, they fooled the perps by feeding them a false view of the classroom, which the perps thought was the real one.

• Love 1
Anyways, they didn't fool the perps into thinking they were looking at an altered view of the classroom, they fooled the perps by feeding them a false view of the classroom, which the perps thought was the real one.

Sorry, that's what I should have written. So how did they create the false view of the classroom and feed it to them?  Maybe I didn't understand that part, but I thought the show went past it really fast so I wondered how they accomplished it.

I agree it was a very moving episode.

I don't think spoiler tags are necessary since it is an old episode?

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

No, you're correct.  While it's nice to be thoughtful toward those who may not have seen the episode since it is an old one and not an episode that may have aired in one place but not another, for example, spoiler tags aren't necessary.

• Love 1
(edited)

Posting this here because what I'm about to post covers more than one episode and just my thoughts on Kate and Gibbs in general.

First, after watching through most of season one, which USA airs during the week (early seasons; weekend is still in season 7), I find Kate to be the WORST judge of character-she has a lousy gut, and her Stockholm Syndromish behavior toward Ari, makes me wonder HOW she made it to the President detail as Secret Service.??

And it wasn't until after Ari killed Kate, that I we lost the charming hardass Leroy Jethro Gibbs who smiled and laughed a lot! I've never understood the people who say that they're sooo happy with a Gibbs who is FINALLY smiling, as if he's never done it until last season or maybe it was during Ziva's last season.

And while Tony could be frat-boyish, when the chips fell, he was serious and competent. Like when he was macking with Andrea/Voss in "Dead Man Talking," you could see how his eyes changed after Gibbs told him who she was and that she'd killed Pacci. Speaking of, I still ???? when I watch that.

And I just finished "Call of Silence" and that is by FAR, the BEST episode honoring our Vets. All due to Durning's performance, who was also a WWII vet himself, I believe. And now I'm waiting for Ducky's mother's first appearance!!!!????

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 8

Oh GAG! The Jenny years! And what the FUCK was that hair in a bun in the premiere? To make her look credible? Then a few scenes later, she's wearing that wig that one wore in high school, and outfits with her boobs sticking out.

And sorry, Gibbs, you may have thought she was a good agent, but as the seasons will prove, she SUCKED as an agent.

Unpopular, I know, but I still wish Ari hadn't been a cold-blooded terrorist. What a waste of a very good actor who was also ???HAWT???

(edited)
On 7/15/2017 at 4:05 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Posting this here because what I'm about to post covers more than one episode and just my thoughts on Kate and Gibbs in general.

First, after watching through most of season one, which USA airs during the week (early seasons; weekend is still in season 7), I find Kate to be the WORST judge of character-she has a lousy gut, and her Stockholm Syndromish behavior toward Ari, makes me wonder HOW she made it to the President detail as Secret Service.??

And it wasn't until after Ari killed Kate, that I we lost the charming hardass Leroy Jethro Gibbs who smiled and laughed a lot! I've never understood the people who say that they're sooo happy with a Gibbs who is FINALLY smiling, as if he's never done it until last season or maybe it was during Ziva's last season.

And while Tony could be frat-boyish, when the chips fell, he was serious and competent. Like when he macking with Andrea/Voss in "Dead Man Talking," you could see how his eyes changed after Gibbs told him who she was and that she'd killed Pacci. Speaking of, I still ???? when I watch that.

And I just finished "Call to Silence" and that is by FAR, the BEST episode honoring our Vets. All due to Durning's performance, who was also a WWII vet himself, I believe. And now I'm waiting for Ducky's mother's first appearance!!!!????

did you notice that when Tony went to Cuba (I think...?) he tells Cassidy that he is not a big movie fan? I can't remember exactly but it was either he didn't like movies or he didn't recognize an obvious movie quote or something. #retcon

ETA: God bless the internet:

BARTENDER: ...so Jack Palance shoots Elisha Cook. The slug lifts his body off the ground and splat right into the mud.

TONY: Elisha Cook?

BARTENDER: Have you ever seen the "Maltese Falcon"?

TONY: Nope.

BARTENDER: You young people don't know what good movies are. All this violence, today. It's so sad.

Edited by betsyboo
found proof of retcon
1 minute ago, betsyboo said:

did you notice that when Tony went to Cuba (I think...?) he tells Cassidy that he is not a big movie fan? I can't remember exactly but it was either he didn't like movies or he didn't recognize an obvious movie quote or something. #retcon

Yes! And in the pilot, it was Gibbs who was the movie buff! He kept telling Kate that Air Force One was "just like in the movie, Air Force One!" Then in "The Truth is Out There," I think it was, Tony had never heard of "Candid Camera."

I just blame it on first seasonitis. It's possible they were written and aired out of order. 

Sigh, episode four in Season Three, and Harmon's gorgeous charming smiles are gone.??

• Love 2

This is what happens when I don't watch past/early seasons in a long stretch. I get all ragey ?????at the dumbing down/taking away skills/emasculation of Tony. Now because Super!Spy Mossad Agent Ziva David is here-she who speaks five, that's FIVE languages, has mad crazy fighting skillz, Tony suddenly is an inept agent, doesn't speak Spanish, and is intimidated by Ziva.

And I just realized one of the things about "Doppelgänger" that didn't ring true-and that is Rachel, who was supposed to be Kate's counterpart. And she so wasn't. Not like how Doman's Lieutenant was Gibbs' or Primo who was Tony's and Smith??? who was MvGee's. Actually, McGee's doppelgänger also looked like him!!!???

So,  I'm zipping through the show on Netflix and just finished season six. I'll get to the FUCKERY later, but JEEBUSCRIPESONAFUCKINGCRACKER!!!??? Was there no one on this show who was familiar with the D.C. Area????????

With the exception of a few side streets, the streets are alternately numbered/letters of the alphabet (except for J, X, Yand Z); and State Names. No Harris, or Vernon or Park!

Is there a thread that we can have dedicated to what this show got and continues to FUCKS UP get wrong?

Like in Season Five--"Staked Out," the show tried to make it seem that Dupont Circle and Adams Morgan was a den of inequity and places where drug dealers owned.? Not even close. The really bad parts of D.C. are in the Southeast or Northeast areas. Aaand, there is no "Downtown" when you're already in downtown D.C.!!!!

Adams Morgan has the National Zoo across the street, as well as a Hyatt or Hilton. Dupont is a pricey area filled with restaurants, Krispey Kreme, law firms.

This shit irritates every fucking nerve of mine, along with them treating every town in Virginia as a redneck boon town! Or the opposite-Boonsboro, MD, as a metropolitan area, when it's a single traffic light town!

• Love 2

Sing it sister/brother/fellow prevtv'er!  I've been bitching about this for YEARS.  I believe only once has this show acknowledged the distances in the DC Metro area - when Gibbs (at the beginning of season 2) pointed out that McGee (then stationed at Norfolk) was going to be late for work because it was nearly two hundred miles away.  And of course there was the time that Gibbs got to the Navy Yards from Quantico quickly because he knew all the back/dirt roads (not even a handwave as to how he crosses the Potomac).  And the end of season 2, when Ari is going to blow up a returning Navy ship and the families waiting on the dock at Norfolk, and instead of notifying anybody down there, like the base security or the Norfolk NCIS office, they speed there from Anacostia and were the only responding security service...

And every enlisted person owns a nice bungalow, half of them in the district.  I once owned an 850 square foot condo, in Fairfax County (but on a metro station) that appraised at a quarter million last time I looked.  And the forests and national parks in Virginia, Maryland,  West Virginia, and Pennsylvania are all a fast drive away.

But it's a Hollywood thing after all - JAG had the same issues, and as for the X-Files!  Mulder once made three round-trips from DC to Martha's Vinyard in 36 hours with no mention of how he got out to and back from an island.  Scully once got a phone call in her Georgetown apartment early on a Sunday morning and was pulling in to a motel parking lot in Rhode Island about 100 minutes later (according to the captions).  This is the crap that takes me out of the show, and it's always ridiculously avoidable.

Edited by kassygreene
  • Love 3

@kassygreene, I be a fellow sistah, who grew up in MD, has worked in DC for most of my adult career, in VA, and know about BOONSFUCKINGBORO because of Nora Roberts, whose hubby owns a bookstore where she has multiple signings throughout the year. I've also bitched about this for years, going back to TWoP, and regarding Scarecrow & Mrs. King, where the suburbs of Arlington, was 15 minutes to downtown DC!

Then there was an episode in seasons six, where Abby mentioned Cleveland Park, like it's a busy metropolitan like area! No, it's only a few blocks and the one thing it has going for it is the Indian Embassy Ambassador who lives there down, the long street/cut de sac, and the Uptown Theatre.

Bad enough I have to accept the clearly NOT Metro buses, as buses and the RIDICULOUS "card" they pass off as the smart trip card for the metro subway.

And if that big, white, wide hotelesque apartment of Ziva's in "Semper Fidelis" is supposed to pass for a typical Georgetown apartment, there's some swampland in Florida I can sell you.???

• Love 2

And then there's the egregious use of "the" in front of the highway names.  Its never been "the 95,"the interstate maybe but not "the 95"(or the 395, or the 66, etc.)  The only highways that we use "the" with are the beltway and the parkways, not the route numbers.  I'll never forget the episode in either the first season with a wedding maybe going on on the beach around what was supposed to be Virginia Beach (that it only took minutes to get to, of course) and there was a cliff over looking the beach.  And palm trees. 

I have finally accepted the fact that all of the lovely scenes in the opening credits are manufactured to show the Capital in the background.

• Love 1

"The" is a SoCa thing (did I make that up?  Southern California, Soooo Casual).  I know this is a SoCa thing because the year I lived in NoCa the local news did a little local color story explaining that this was a regional thing, and I think contrasting something shot down south (Baywatch maybe?) would have that usage, but Nash Bridges apparently didn't.  It always comes down to whether the production gives enough of a damn to try to enforce it.  Many don't.

• Love 1

I could accept the show not giving a fuck if it was a made up town with made up street names and buildings, like, Metropolis, Gotham City, etc.  But this show is based in/near the Nation's Capitol!!! You're damn right I expect them to give a Fuck and get shut right!? They can make up fictitious hotels, like they did in some episode in season nine-when McGee told Gibbs there was a hotel whatever on 27th and M street. Which no, there isn't! But I could accept that. Even though it seems like shows set in D.C. are like the red-headed step children. Production ALWAYS seem to get everything right for shows set in CA and New York!???

• Love 1

Up to season 10 and I need a fooking break.  So I went back to the backdoor pilot. Technically, I should post this in the JAG Forum, but NO ONE has posted there ever since it was created, and I don't fancy "talking" to myself.???

Anyhoo, it still stands up well, and I wholeheartedly agree with whoever decided Robin Lively wouldn't return when the show was picked up. Her character was just GODAWFUL.  And since it was a backdoor pilot, I'll have to forgive them for the...number of years that Gibbs told Harm he'd been in NCIS--he told him "19 years." Which according to THIS show's canon, is wrong. If it had been 19 years, Gibbs would have been with NIS/NCIS since 1984. We know that's wrong-he didn't join them until 1992. Guess 19 sounded better than 11, since Harm was being arrested at the time.??

I will forever be upset that neither Harm or Mac never made an appearance like Bud and Chegwidden did.☹️☹️

So now I am marathon watching JAG and maybe I'll start posting there. Hope there are some here who also watched. It stands up pretty well, actually. And no lie, I ???when one episode had a Mossad agent treated as an enemy instead of The tongue bath it gets on this show.

48 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Up to season 10 and I need a fooking break.  So I went back to the backdoor pilot. Technically, I should post this in the JAG Forum, but NO ONE has posted there ever since it was created, and I don't fancy "talking" to myself.???

Anyhoo, it still stands up well, and I wholeheartedly agree with whoever decided Robin Lively wouldn't return when the show was picked up. Her character was just GODAWFUL.  And since it was a backdoor pilot, I'll have to forgive them for the...number of years that Gibbs told Harm he'd been in NCIS--he told him "19 years." Which according to THIS show's canon, is wrong. If it had been 19 years, Gibbs would have been with NIS/NCIS since 1984. We know that's wrong-he didn't join them until 1992. Guess 19 sounded better than 11, since Harm was being arrested at the time.??

I will forever be upset that neither Harm or Mac never made an appearance like Bud and Chegwidden did.☹️☹️

So now I am marathon watching JAG and maybe I'll start posting there. Hope there are some here who also watched. It stands up pretty well, actually. And no lie, I ???when one episode had a Mossad agent treated as an enemy instead of The tongue bath it gets on this show.

I had the JAG forum on my homepage waiting also but it has been a while since I have seen an episode and the memories are fading. One thing for sure is that NCIS doesn't protect the franchise in a shared universe type of way. It is more like Law & Order were former hoods show up as prosecutors or cops a few years later.

I think it was the backdoor pilot and not the Caitlin Todd "Air Force One" pilot where at least  there was a JAG lawyer trying to camouflage Abby for court. For most of the four series it was hard to believe that they were actually going to turn their cases over to a JAG or AUSA for court after seeing the Law & Order template for procedurals of this era.

Yeah, that was the backdoor pilot.  The Marine JAG was the prosecutor, and he directed Abby to wear a suit, glasses, and her hair down, and to professionalize her  vocabulary for the court, especially since the jury were officers at the rank of Lt. Cmdr. or higher....  The defense attorney got her going on cross, made her read a report which forced her to slide her glasses to the top of her head, which revealed the spider web tat on her neck....  The Marine JAG was supposed to be in the JAG San Diego spin-off, but that didn't happen; the Navy JAG who defended Rabb did recur in three NCIS episodes (including Call To Silence with Charles Durning) - that was Alicia Coppola.

• Love 1

Actually it was the judge presiding over the case that told her she didn't need to wear the glasses if she didn't need them.

Gibbs also ripped Abby a new one for going to that putz of a prosecutor with information instead of him.

It was a totally different feel...Abby and Tony flirting...especially on Abby's side.

Abby was a mature professional who happened to be Goth in the pilot.  She has steadily devolved since, so that she can be a surrogate, immature, occasionally naive daughter for Gibbs.  The actress is 48 and the character's professional experience should make her roughly the same age.  

Why do I still watch this show?  I'm not going to cancel it, I'm in it to the end, which apparently means until Mark Harmon is ready to retire as an actor....  I've reluctantly come around to agree with something Sasha Alexander said over a decade ago, that the show is really a cartoon.  As are most police procedurals, but I really didn't need to know that.

Abby was awesome the first two seasons. She started devolving and becoming more childish as the seasons progressed.

Morrow was my favorite Director and the only one who didn't use the agency to grind personal axes like Jenny and Vance did.

I will never, NEVER EVER forgive this show for killing him off.????

• Love 2

You guys!  I had to go to a walk-in clinic today (raging sinus infection, grrr..) And the doctor I got looked exactly like one of the super hackers they pulled out of prison to help them with some case.  I don't remember the specific episode, but I think it was in the USA marathon over the weekend, so it was fresh in my mind.  It was driving me nuts during the appointment, he looked so familiar!  Then it hit me when I was driving home, and it gave me a bit of a chuckle.

• Love 1
On 9/5/2017 at 9:21 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Abby was awesome the first two seasons. She started devolving and becoming more childish as the seasons progressed.

I'm watching 3x23 right now where Gibbs gets blowed up and it's a horrible reminder of two things: how annoying Jenny was and how childish Abby was becoming.

He's in a TRAUMA ROOM and Jenny swans in and tries to pull rank to be let in after the nurse points out that "only medical personnel are allowed back there". Then when her ID isn't enough, she name-drops the President and then calls "Connie" to harass the poor nurse into letting her in. (I can only assume "Condoleezza Rice"? And seriously, Jenny, WTF are you going to do in a trauma room other than distract the medical personnel?) Then Abby trip-traps in like the Billy Goats Gruff in her platform heels and babbles like a child about how she and Gibbs are closer than family and spills her purse all over the place until the nurse probably figures "Let that smug bitch inside put up with miss crazypants" and lets her in. Later, as they cart Gibbs into a recovery room, Abby manages to simultaneously pout and scream at the doctor because he's not blowing sunshine up her ass and Jenny snaps at her to zip it, so I guess the nurse was right. :) 

Edited by CoyoteBlue
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, CoyoteBlue said:

Then when her ID isn't enough, she name-drops the President and then calls "Connie" to harass the poor nurse into letting her in.

She called her “Condie,” but YES!!! Agree with the rest of your post! And then she bends over Gibbs, who is clearly confused and traumatized, and whispers “You were thinking about us making love, weren’t you?” ?????

Who DOES that?

I love DPB, but I will never forgive him for foisting Jenny, those horrid “Paris” scenes on me and getting rid of Morrow.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Technically these were JAG episodes, but it was SO obvious it was a backdoor pilot for NCIS“Ice Queen”  and “Meltdown” and Mark was just so, so pretty. And a very adult and mature Abby, who flirted with and wrangled a dinner out of Tony. 

Sigh...

Both aired last night on the Heroes and Icons channel.

• Love 2
On 8/17/2018 at 4:57 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

She called her “Condie,” but YES!!! Agree with the rest of your post! And then she bends over Gibbs, who is clearly confused and traumatized, and whispers “You were thinking about us making love, weren’t you?” ?????

Who DOES that?

I remember watching that; it really was a WTF?! moment, wasn't it?

I never bought into the notion that Jenny was such a hard-ass, capable investigator who managed to finagle herself into the directorship of NCIS, unless she did so on her back, and, yes, I know; that was an unkind remark. However, in my defense it's difficult to take seriously a woman whom God has already gifted with a couple of C-cups, but who runs out and purchases herself a pair of D-cups, just to goose her self-esteem. It's a wonder she was able to float her stilettos after her surgery without coming to grief on the stairs, or some such.

Also, I just had to repost your barfing emojis, GHScorpiosRule; they're awesome! Cheers!

• Love 2

I'm currently rewatching the first two seasons and was quite surprised at Gibbs' behavior. I didn't remember it to be that extreme.

And I still think that Tony is getting away with way too much. I remember that it annoyed me back in the day that there weren't any consequences for his bully-ish behavior and it still annoys me. A lot of what he's doing or saying is crossing the line between being a goofball and a bully especially when it comes to McGee and I don't think it's okay. Yes, Gibbs always knew when he lied and gave credit to whom credit was due but Tony still got away with his behavior because more often than not he came up with something that helped solve the case and it always absolved him. I think there should have been the occasional episode when it didn't and I'm glad they toned it down. I'm also glad they toned down Gibbs because I think he overreacted quite a bit in some of the early episodes.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, CheshireCat said:

And I still think that Tony is getting away with way too much. I remember that it annoyed me back in the day that there weren't any consequences for his bully-ish behavior and it still annoys me. A lot of what he's doing or saying is crossing the line between being a goofball and a bully especially when it comes to McGee and I don't think it's okay.  

I remember back in the day being really uncomfortable looking at season two and how Tony and Kate appeared to me to be ganging up on McGee, all under the guise of “you’re the probie and we’re just hazing you.” I know we were supposed to think that it was funny but to me, having two more senior agents (and Kate might not have been NCIS for long but she had been a Secret Service Agent on the presidential detail, that’s not nothing) act like that on more than one occasion to the bumbling newbie that they were writing McGee as... it did not sit well with me. And still doesn’t; I have rarely watched season two on rerun. 

• Love 2

I saw an older episode the other night, and it must have been when Vance first became director. There was a kid accused of murdering his military father, and Vance and his cohorts wanted Gibbs to get a confession out of him. Gibbs, of course, looked deep into the young man's heart and realized that he wasn't guilty, and a good thing, too, since he really didn't do it. It was appalling, though, how Vance acted. He slammed an ax (the presumed murder weapon) down on the table right in front of the kid to scare him. I don't recall Vance being so uncool, but then again maybe that's why he still isn't my favorite to this day.

• Love 1
On 3/7/2019 at 2:46 AM, helsinkibaby said:

I remember back in the day being really uncomfortable looking at season two and how Tony and Kate appeared to me to be ganging up on McGee, all under the guise of “you’re the probie and we’re just hazing you.” I know we were supposed to think that it was funny but to me, having two more senior agents (and Kate might not have been NCIS for long but she had been a Secret Service Agent on the presidential detail, that’s not nothing) act like that on more than one occasion to the bumbling newbie that they were writing McGee as... it did not sit well with me. And still doesn’t; I have rarely watched season two on rerun. 

Tony was a piece of shit, period. A douchebag bully who was beyond inappropriate with his co workers, there was nothing funny about Tony’s behavior IMO, and yeah he was really a dick to McGee for no reason, my intense dislike of Tony is a big reason why I never got into this show as much as other crime shows. I don’t recall Kate being as much of a bully to McGee, she seemed to alternate between picking on Tony and McGee from what I can remember, I didn’t care for her either but she was still better than Ziva, but Tony treated McGee like dog shit for no reason other than Tony was an immature douchebag frat boy asshole, and it went on for years, not just season 2. I enjoy the show more now that Tony is gone, there were a lot of good stories in the early seasons but Tony is just hard to stomach. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Yesssss! I don't miss Tony one bit! I don't think Kate was as bad as she picked on Tony too, well deserved in my opinion. I disliked him so much I never even watched Bull...partly because of him but also as I dislike Dr Phil!

Edited by Gramto6
  • Love 2

Considering the quality of the episodes and the ratings that NCIS is getting, will they go after SVU's record of 21 straight seasons? SVU's ratings don't compare to NCIS and IMO, NBC only kept SVU around so long is because they wanted the bragging rights to the longest running drama.

Edited by dttruman
On 11/25/2019 at 4:59 PM, Xeliou66 said:

I remember the episode where the four of them were in a gymnasium working out and Kate and McGee were sparring. Kate kicked McGee right in the balls and stood there and laughed at him whilst he writhed in agony on the floor. I always thought she was a bit of a sociopath, and, in the real world, that psycho hose beast would have been fired and prosecuted for pulling a stunt like that. 

• Love 1