Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: Aftermath of Aftermath

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, carly2jjs said:

Another great episode, still a little sniffly over here. Anyone know if it was the season finale?

It was the season finale.  Mike Rinder in his blog said their will be a couple "special" episodes coming up.

As far as international, Budapest police recently raided the org there.  They've had orgs all over the world for years.  

3 more episodes:

Propaganda Arms

Life and Lies of LRH

Ask Me Anything Season 2

Wonder if the standing outside ex cult member homes with cameras and signs is still done to harass.

Can't imagine normal neighborhoods would tolerate this bullying now that this show has exposed the tactic.

Loved the picture of the happy, tongue out, SP dog in front of the fence built just for him....

Edited by humbleopinion

If I were an ex-Scientologist, I'd do everything in my power to get on TV, on Remini's show  or otherwise go public.  I'd make sure to tell all my neighbors, all non-Scientology friends and family, and my past and future employers about being an ex-Scientologist.  Doing so is the only way to circumvent the destruction the Scientology mafia does.  If nothing else, I'd place posters in the windows of my home, saying "don't believe what anyone says about me, I'm an ex-Scientologist and Scientology wants to destroy me."  If people know who Scientology targets are, and if people know their tactics, they'll be ignored.

I think Remini's show in general is a little over the top in it's editing and presentation so that it almost seems like brain-washing!  All the repetition is just weird.  This episode was no different.  But maybe the structure of the show will speak to Scientology victims.  Regardless, I'm glad that she has put light on how amazingly terrible the "church" is.  She definitely deserves awards for that.  I only hope she and Mike, and all the cast and crew have great protection and security.

13 hours ago, carly2jjs said:

Also, During the montage of news articles, I saw places mentioned like Budapest, India and Ireland(?). I get the sad, sinking feeling Co$ is making up for US losses by recruiting heavily overseas.

The Budapest mention is (to me) a positive development. The Co$ was raided there and I think will get into lots of trouble due to the privacy laws and how they violate them. 

For proof, just look at what happened to Mary. In the creepy video from the Co$, the guy admits telling her son, Sammy, about the other child Mary gave up at age 20. That was told in confidence during Auditing.

What a creepy, offensive organization.

4 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I just came here to post the same thing. I’d love to see this happen.

I hope Miss-Savage is peeing in his pants today.  

And now, of course, wait for him to order that Wee-Tom and Travolta be sent out to all the talk shows to denounce this facsist denial of "freedom of religion."

He'd order Kirstie to do the same except I doubt anyone cares about her at this point.

GO LEAH! GO!

5 hours ago, TWP said:

If I were an ex-Scientologist, I'd do everything in my power to get on TV, on Remini's show  or otherwise go public.  I'd make sure to tell all my neighbors, all non-Scientology friends and family, and my past and future employers about being an ex-Scientologist.  Doing so is the only way to circumvent the destruction the Scientology mafia does.  If nothing else, I'd place posters in the windows of my home, saying "don't believe what anyone says about me, I'm an ex-Scientologist and Scientology wants to destroy me."  If people know who Scientology targets are, and if people know their tactics, they'll be ignored.

I think Remini's show in general is a little over the top in it's editing and presentation so that it almost seems like brain-washing!  All the repetition is just weird.  This episode was no different.  But maybe the structure of the show will speak to Scientology victims.  Regardless, I'm glad that she has put light on how amazingly terrible the "church" is.  She definitely deserves awards for that.  I only hope she and Mike, and all the cast and crew have great protection and security.

If I had some free time, I'd stand in front of that CO$ center in L.A. where they send out the Recruiting goblins and hold up a big sign -- "THIS IS NOT A CHURCH. THIS IS A FACIST ORGANIZATION THAT WILL DESTROY YOU FINANCIALLY AND YOUR TIES TO YOUR FAMILY."

19 hours ago, carly2jjs said:

Also, During the montage of news articles, I saw places mentioned like Budapest, India and Ireland(?). I get the sad, sinking feeling Co$ is making up for US losses by recruiting heavily overseas.

I've spent a lot of time in Ireland (especially pubs), and they have an extremely literate, intelligent population.  I would hope (based on my pub experience) that they would tell the CO$ they're full of shite and to **** themselves and stuff their ****ing "religion" where the moon don't shine.

If you haven't been on an Irish pub crawl, you've never been on a pub crawl.

TWP: Remini's show uses all the techniques of reality TV, is all - I don't really watch reality TV but when I've been in the room with it at friends' houses that repetition has been my observation. For her target audience, that may not be a bad choice.

Re outside the US: yes, Scientology has been all over the world for decades. In the UK, its headquarters are in East Grinstead, West Sussex. I think they bought George Harrison's old house. (The Mormons are also headquartered in East Grinstead, oddly enough.)  However, they do not have charity status in this country.

spiderpig: Many years ago, I was told that CoS in Scotland recruited among homeless people, offering them meals and so on and eventually taking over their state benefits payments. I never saw any evidence to back up the claim, though. Scotland, like Ireland, is full of literate people, but both countries also have their desperate, destitute folks.

Twenty-odd years ago, Heber Jentzsch did a European tour that included a talk at a London conference I was at. He claimed Scientologists were being persecuted in Germany and drew an explicit comparison to the Jews in the time of the Nazis. It was definitely a tone-deaf approach to take in a country where so many people know a lot about that war because so many were either in it themselves or related to people who were. He didn't get far with that approach.

On 11/8/2017 at 8:35 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

Also, while I would be wary of the COS trying to destroy you, to me, it appeared that those websites that attack people who leave and speak out, like Leah, Mike, and others, are pretty silly and stupid.  I mean, they looked to be very fake and obviously fueled by the COS.  And who would read them or even care, unless it's another COS member.  Anyone who isn't brainwashed wouldn't give it a second thought, right?  Are the leaders of the COS so naive to think those sites actually hurt those people?  I recall that attorney that the COS hired and allowed to appear in a major network interview a year or so ago.  She did a TERRIBLE job and was not believable at all.  They must have very poor judgment in what is credible. 

IMO, I think the point of the smear websites is two fold.  1. To destroy the enemy just as LRH instructed, but also 2.  For the people that are still in the Co$ and happen to watch Leah's show or Going Clear and might be having doubts about the Co$.  If they go online and look up some of these claims (remember, they aren't allowed to look up anything regarding the "church"), more than likely, they will see many of these hate sites displayed not knowing the Co$ is the one that put them there.  After looking at these specific sites, the members can see that everything Mike, Leah, the Headleys, Aaron, etc say are all lies.  I just did a search for Ron Miscagive, he had 500+ smear sites created about him, and on the first page, ten results were listed (out of 216,000) and four of them were hate sites that looked totally legit.  (five of them were about his book and the other is a youtube video of his escape).  It would be very easy for these brainwashed people to accept those 4 smear sites as the truth and disregard the factual ones.  When we, normal non brainwashed people, read these sites, we know they are complete bullsh!t.

I think it's funny that all the smear sites start off pretty much the same.  Every ex member is a liar and a bigot, they were all a low level workers who were incompetent at their jobs, they couldn't live up to high standard of being a $cientologist, they were all kicked out by the church, etc.  

What I don't understand is how the Co$ is considered a church/religion and not a business first.  I'm not familiar with most religions, but normally you attend church services daily/weekly for a couple of hours with a congregation, make donations if you are able, receive guidance when needed at no/minimal cost, help other people less fortunate, etc.  With the Co$, you are not able to do ANYTHING without payment first.  Members can't read the material without buying it first, can't be audited without purchasing the hours beforehand, can't move up the "spiritual bridge" without paying hundreds of thousands of dollars first, etc.  IMO, that is a business, and this business should not be tax exempt.  Also, don't most/all religions have some kind of God, faith, values they believe in and look to for guidance and understanding, etc?  With the Co$, they don't have any of that.  I don't understand how hard labor, sabotaging and abusing people, forking over all your money, the list is endless can be classified as "doing good' in the world.  When disasters strike, I have yet to see the Co$ out there helping.  The only reason they show up is to try and recruit people at their most vulnerable.  We never see them in Africa helping with starvation, AIDS, etc.  The "church" has all this money, yet NOTHING is done with it except to buy real estate (which remains unused) and smear sites.  Instead of the church wasting money creating this false image of being so important and changing the world, they should put it towards doing what they claim in their fake videos. 

Edited by juliet73
On 11/9/2017 at 11:11 AM, LegalParrot81 said:

The cult has "schools".  Most of the 2nd generation escapees who've been interviewed have said their parents enrolled them in Scientology schools.  All admit that the "schools"  didn't have a normal public school curriculum or really any curriculum.  Personally, I believe the only thing the schools did for these children was use them for as much manual labor as possible.  

Each state has their own way of monitoring those private schools, home schools, etc.  I think that all require some kind of standards, even for church sponsored schools.  I attended a church sponsored school for high school and there are some things that the state checked out.   We also had some standardized testing, just to confirm that we were getting at least the basics. . So, I'm wondering just how the COS has gotten away with not educating the children under their care.  There really does need to be a HUGE investigation, as it seems the neglect and abuse of children was systemic and long standing.  Now with so many openly discussing it, there is no reason that CA and FL can't do something. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
On 11/10/2017 at 7:46 AM, humbleopinion said:

Loved the picture of the happy, tongue out, SP dog in front of the fence built just for him....

I came looking for this thread to say the same thing about that dog. I thought it was a nice way to end the episode.

On 11/10/2017 at 2:59 PM, Carolina Girl said:

I hope Miss-Savage is peeing in his pants today.  

And now, of course, wait for him to order that Wee-Tom and Travolta be sent out to all the talk shows to denounce this facsist denial of "freedom of religion."

He'd order Kirstie to do the same except I doubt anyone cares about her at this point.

GO LEAH! GO!

If I had some free time, I'd stand in front of that CO$ center in L.A. where they send out the Recruiting goblins and hold up a big sign -- "THIS IS NOT A CHURCH. THIS IS A FACIST ORGANIZATION THAT WILL DESTROY YOU FINANCIALLY AND YOUR TIES TO YOUR FAMILY."

If I had to pass by a Scientology center on a regular basis, it would make me crazy. I don't know how I would stop myself from picketing, or throwing rocks through the windows or, I don't know, ramming my car through the front door. I found out there are two outposts about an hour from me, and all I'm thinking is that it may be time for a road trip...

On 11/9/2017 at 7:45 AM, humbleopinion said:

Where are Child Social Services in the communities that children are being warehoused by this cult?

There are powerful undertows of looking the other way by local government agencies...

The raw hurt of the ex members is palpable through the screen.

How these uneducated people who leave the cult rise from the ashes of neglect and poverty is to be commended.

The teens raising each other is heart breaking.

Leah's continued guilt over her behaviors to her friends who left sooner than her continues to wound her.

Ramina was a twist that was a total surprise and what she had to say was riveting.

I was wondering about child labor laws....

On November 13, 2017 at 8:57 PM, Gothish520 said:

If I had to pass by a Scientology center on a regular basis, it would make me crazy. I don't know how I would stop myself from picketing, or throwing rocks through the windows or, I don't know, ramming my car through the front door. I found out there are two outposts about an hour from me, and all I'm thinking is that it may be time for a road trip...

I've driven by the one in Phoenix going to/from places on a very regular basis since they built it and it's all kinds of tempting, even though there's no easy access to the front. 

I credit the show as the reason they've stopped putting signage street-side encouraging people to stop in for a free personality test. It's been at least a year since any signage was outside. 

I still toy with the idea of getting a fake ID and popping in there to look around but then I nope out because my home is barely a mile away from there. 

You guys are pretty brave.  I'd be scared of getting on their enemy list.  I'm even wary of what I post on this site.  I put nothing past them.  The only thing that makes me feel somewhat comfortable is that the more I see, the more they seem to be rather dim.  I mean, they don't come off as very sophisticated.  They may have power in some ways, but, in the intellectual department, they seem to struggle.

Edited by SunnyBeBe