Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E13: Finale, Part 1

Drogo
  • Start Topic

Last week, Margarita gave us Wilma Flintstone in a bathmat and bathrobe.  Last night it was disco cruise wear.  I love bright colors but her collection was blinding.

I like Ayana's stuff.  I and my friends dress modestly for religious reasons and it's hard to find things that are fashionable and modest.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

Probably one of the best seasons of Project Runway, ever!!!  I loved everything that Uli and Laura did, but they both ultimately lost to Jeffrey, who's aesthetic was definitely more "street" (and not my favorite, but I guess I'm boring and not fashion-forward).

Awwww, Uli's lovely flowy garments versus Laura Bennett's elegant tailored looks.  You make me want to cry.

• Love 19
3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Princess Di discussion:  There used to be (haven't heard it in years) an opinion among some caucasians that all black people looked alike and/or all oriental people looked alike.  I cracked up at the reverse idea that to some oriental people, all blonde caucasians look alike.  I guess people are the same wherever they are.

There are studies on that and it was used in the court case in one of the first episodes of The Good Wife.

• Love 4

Brandon's clothes remind me of what I was wearing in the '70's, and not just the androgynous flowing hippy clothes, but also much of the Laura Ashley milkmaid chic. These had unusual reveals of skin (lower back, sides,) under flowing, comfortable, easy construction in natural fabrics. I too like browsing the home décor sections for fabrics -- that's where you can find all cotton fabrics with some body. 

I wish Ayana had mentioned the birch tree inspiration for the shredding on the pants -- that was what really made me see her shredding in a way that was beautiful.  I think modest - or high coverage - wear has a market beyond the religious aspect. Many people in sunny places want to protect themselves from the sun. Just Iook at the expanding market for the burkini on beaches all over the world. (I have a Goth friend who would never expose her skin outdoors. She carries a parasol everywhere.)

3 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

I saw a lot of "Golden Girls" stuff on the show

So too much Miami fashion?

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, wings707 said:

New York fashion week is not limited to NYC street wear.  Famous designers show their collections.  Donna Karan, Calvin Klein, Michael Kors, Tom Ford, Kate Spade, Marc Jacobs, Very Wang, Betsy Johnson,  Diane von Furstenberg, Badgley Mischka, Monique Lhuillier, Carolina Herrera, Ralph Lauren, I could go on but I will stop here.  :>)

Exactly! All of these designers can easily be seen on a NYC street any day; from winter thru next fall. Uli and Margarita made looks for Miami and the tropics. Did you know Margie is from an island? The one surrounded by water. ><((((*>

1 hour ago, enoughcats said:

This is a major bother for me...that the judges live in that New Yorker cover where the world ends just west of Manhattan.

viewoftheworldfrom9thavenue.gif

Houston is close to surpassing Chicago as the third largest city in this country, LA is second.  The population that wears bright clothes is growing, and they have large closets and can afford to fill them.
In hotter climates dark clothes are uncomfortable, sunlight hits them and they hold the heat.  

This is Project Runway.  Not Project New York Runway.  At least, I think Heidi who seldom dresses "New York" Mother and Professional shouldn't be the one to define what is and isn't good. 

Regarding the New Yorker cover - Isn't that supposed to be the Atlantic Ocean?  I live in California and I'm pretty sure the Hudson River is not here. Didn't mean to be picky but it kind of bothered me.

As for the "peek" into the runway collections.  

I'm sorry I really don't get the praise for Brandon's looks.  They are practically the same as what he has done all season, with a small change here and there.  And of course - MORE CROP TOPS!  His clothes don't really flatter and just seem comfortable (despite the hooks, ties, tassels, loops, ribbons).  And what the heck was up with Lisiris (?) outfit?  It did not do her any favors.

I liked some of the things that Kentaro had - but to show that white one?  Bad choice. And what was up on how he styled his models?  I thought that they looked awful!!  I thought for a moment that they were young men! And --  Oh my goodness! When he told the cat story I laughed so loud I woke up the dog!!

I didn't like how they kind of said that Kenya's (?) colors were too muted but Brandon and Anaya had the same type.  Although, I liked her clothes, it really was time for her to go.  Maybe they should have let her go last week.

Anaya's collection - I liked it except I hate that they keep making a point of "modest" clothes.  I think it seems more like a modern take on classic clothes from the past.  I would wear her clothes if I had the money.

Margarita - oh, my goodness.  Although I know quite a few people who would wear them.  I think if she had solid pieces to maybe not make the print soooo flashy?  To be honest there were a few pieces I kind of liked.

That's my two cents :)

But let's face it, Brandon is probably going to win.  It has been telegraphed all season.  I thought the same with Ashley and Gretchen (they told her to restyle her whole runway look and exactly how to do it).

• Love 4
1 hour ago, candall said:

Awwww, Uli's lovely flowy garments versus Laura Bennett's elegant tailored looks.  You make me want to cry.

You know, I can still distinctly remember both Uli and Laura's looks, but my mind draws a blank of Jeffery's collection. 

(Can you believe that season came on 11 years ago??)

• Love 5

Second week in a row that the divine Liris was made to look upholstered rather than dressed. She still worked to sell it but that top was hideous. Brandon's commitment to the flamingo fabric is admirable from an artistic standpoint but it really limits his collection. Outdoor fabric is just NOT going to drape no matter what you do to it, which is why the look with the buttery leather top worked so much better than the all-flamingo look. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Eulipian 5k said:

Doesn't picking up and burying a dead cat guarantee a trip to the rabies ward for 14 injections in the stomach?

Rabies is passed on by blood and saliva.   If the dead cat bit you, you might have a problem.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, pinguina said:

Regarding the New Yorker cover - Isn't that supposed to be the Atlantic Ocean?  I live in California and I'm pretty sure the Hudson River is not here. Didn't mean to be picky but it kind of bothered me.

No, it's right. The Hudson River is to the west of Manhattan. The joke is that there is NYC in the center, then the Hudson, NJ, some other cities in the lands west, and then the Pacific.

I'm PRican, so I cried seeing the shots of Old San Juan and the flag and people. The hurricane that is coming up is most likely Irma, which skirted the island and knocked out power to a portion of it while NYFW was going on. Maria came later. It's the second reality show this week that had some scenes in PR and it's a jolt when you see a chyron or informational screen that mentions what has happened since then.

I'm sick of such muted/redundant color palettes. Margarita went to the other extreme, but I was happy to see color, any color. I wish she had more solids so that it was not every color hitting you at the same time.

Ayana for the win, I guess? Meh.

Edited by Luciano
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, CookieBud said:

Last week, Margarita gave us Wilma Flintstone in a bathmat and bathrobe. 

My favorite part of the show is the 15 seconds in which they show viewers' artistic interpretations of the previous week's fashions.   One of this week's submissions was a sketch of Margarita's fur dress.   It occurred to me how funny it would have been if the artist had put Wilma's head on the picture.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, pinguina said:

Nope, that's the Pacific. To a true New Yorker, there is nothing between Manhattan and the Pacific but a strip called New Jersey and a few random cities, as shown. (That cover is from 1976, and is titled "View of the World from 9th Avenue," by Saul Steinberg.)

Edited by rereader2
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I suspect Tim is suffering from a malaise. Several seasons ago I noticed shaky hands and now he has fallen a couple times. He has said that he lives alone and I hope someone is looking out for him.

I noticed Tim's hands shaking in this episode when he was picking up a piece of fabric at someone's work table.

5 hours ago, Tikichick said:

Not only did Margarita drag the twins some more in this episode, if we're picking nits her blue top was a very close cousin to the tops that Shawn put out there, closer than Shawn's "copying" of Margarita's winning shirtdress IMO. 

I thought her impression of the twins was hilarious and totally a propos.  And the difference between her top and Shawn's is that she didn't have to cheat to make it.

5 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Princess Di discussion:  There used to be (haven't heard it in years) an opinion among some caucasians that all black people looked alike and/or all oriental people looked alike.  I cracked up at the reverse idea that to some oriental people, all blonde caucasians look alike.  I guess people are the same wherever they are.

Ironically though, I'm a female Caucasian and watching this season's Survivor there are several blonde Caucasian women (with perfect teeth) whom I can't tell apart.   Same with many American TV dramas - the female and male actors all seem so generic to me.

4 hours ago, candall said:

I'd like to see Ayana declared the winner, but I think the above sentiment will rule that out.  The producers won't want to be seen as automatically crowning the "niche" designer.  Ashley was a mistake that continues to ripple.

I tuned in at the one-hour mark and was thrilled to find I'd missed all that "home visit" mess.  I'm a little intrigued by the cat story, but, nah, not worth it.

Agree about the Ashley fallout plus current political climate precluding an Ayana win.

The cat story is well worth a look.  (As someone mentioned above, I think Kentaro was just winding Tim up.)

Edited by Brookside
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, Miss Ruth said:
25 minutes ago, millennium said:

If the dead cat bit you, you might have a problem.

If a DEAD cat bit me, I'd head for the front page of The National Enquirer.  )

And Tim Burton would buy your story in a heartbeat

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Lady of nod said:

The first time the back of my arm jiggled, I knew it was time for modesty fashion.  Le sigh.

LUNCHLADY ARMS!!! Can I get lipo on my upper arms, because I HATE sleeves!

So, I won't say I was surprised by the results before even seeing any of the designs ... I was pretty sure Kentaro, Brandon and Ayana were locks for T3 and toss-up between Margarita and Kenya if they went with a fourth. 

I actually didn't hate Brandon's designs but that's only relative to how much I've been underwhelmed by him all season long despite what seems obvious (to me, maybe I'll be wrong) that he's the chosen golden child this season and he could send models down the runway in NOTHING but straps and still be hailed as visionary yada yada yada. 

I was surprised by how bad Kentaro's designs were because I've enjoyed his stuff so far and find him just adorkable anyway ... he is SO lucky that they have already anointed him a front-runner and were not going to get rid of him now just because his stuff was so bad (maybe the dead cat was hidden in that big lump on the side of the design). 

Ayana to me was just boring. Well-made, nicely tailored, completely forgettable. But SHE seems lovely so I'm happy for her (honestly, of the five, the only one I really don't like personality-wise is Margarita and she almost won me over with the "Shawnie-Claire" comment). 

I thought Margarita's designs were hideous, frankly, BUT I was impressed when they showed the close-up of the material with the beadwork. 

And Kenya. Sigh. I preface this by saying as a 50-something/almost-60-something (despite feeling 16 in my head a lot of the time) with a figure that is VERY hard to find ANYTHING flattering for (short, high-waisted, VERY big boobed, post-menopausal and post-childbirth and lack-of-exercise poochy tummy ... I'm not a "big woman" to use that term per se, but I'm curvy and flabby for sure), I actually really loved Kenya's designs ... yes, they were kind of mother-of-the-bride (if you have a daughter who is getting married a little late LOL ... I'll be a 60-something mother of the bride if/when the day comes) but I think there is a market for that! And I thought the two designs she sent down, while nothing that would turn the fashion world upside down, were pretty and frankly were the ONLY things to walk down that runway on this show that I would buy. I'm in the minority, but that's how I felt. 

Also? I thought her models did NOT try to sell those outfits. I can't remember the names but the blonde one really phoned that runway walk in, like she was not happy she had to wear that and just clumped down the runway. Liris would have SOLD that baby no matter what. I don't know if it would have made a difference or not ... probably not ... but I noticed that from the get-go.

Finally, just as an aside ... there's a show on the Disney Channel called Bizaardvark about a video channel (based on YouTube) where the "boss," Jonathan, is never shown in person ... he does all his communications with the staff on a rolling monitor and that's all I could think of when Heidi showed up on the big screen.

• Love 7

Rereader 2 - The Pacific Ocean is on the WEST COAST.  It is between Asia and North America and is the largest ocean. 

The Atlantic Ocean is East Coast.  That is what I was referring to.  The cover shows the PACIFIC OCEAN is on the East Coast (New York).  It's not - 

That is why I made the comment that I was pretty sure that the Hudson River is not in California.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, pinguina said:

Rereader 2 - The Pacific Ocean is on the WEST COAST.  It is between Asia and North America and is the largest ocean. 

The Atlantic Ocean is East Coast.  That is what I was referring to.  The cover shows the PACIFIC OCEAN is on the East Coast (New York).  It's not - 

That is why I made the comment that I was pretty sure that the Hudson River is not in California.

You're not getting it. It's a JOKE! To New Yorkers (supposedly) there is NOTHING between the Hudson and the Pacific. That is what the cartoon shows, a lot of nothing. The Atlantic would be on the other side of the city.

Heidi referencing NY street wear is indicative of the idea behind the cartoon.

• Love 24
5 minutes ago, dgpolo said:

You're not getting it. It's a JOKE! To New Yorkers (supposedly) there is NOTHING between the Hudson and the Pacific. That is what the cartoon shows, a lot of nothing. The Atlantic would be on the other side of the city.

exactly. The Atlantic would be behind the viewer, who is more or less standing in the East River. The viewer is looking west, can see Jersey, and then there's nothing much of interest after that until you hit the Pacific and the rest of the world. My best friend in college (a native Manhattanite) had that poster on the wall. Me being a Jersey girl I had to have it explained to me.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, dgpolo said:

Heidi referencing NY street wear is indicative of the idea behind the cartoon.

EXACTLY. You can see Mexico to the south of the nothingness representing the rest of the US, and Canada to the North, so even if you don't know that 10th Avenue is west of 9th Avenue, you can tell that the viewpoint is from New York facing west, with the Atlantic behind to the east.

(And just to be clear, New Yorkers don't actually think that it's a short drive to the West Coast.) 

Edited by rereader2
2 minutes ago, pinguina said:

Ohhh - I see.  I didn't realize that for New Yorkers the city of New Yourk is the center of the universe.   Thank you for the explanation.  It really bothered my teacher brain.  :)

There's a Rogers and Hart song titled "Way Out West on West End Avenue" that's essentially the same joke made musical. ;D

• Love 1

I thought it was needlessly cruel to send four people on to Fashion Week -- especially after pimping that ONLY THREE were guaranteed positions -- and leave one, solitary reject standing on the stage.   The loss must have been four times as devastating to Kenya, knowing only her work was judged unworthy.   If three had moved forward, leaving two behind, then at least there would have been the consolation of shared misery, "well, it's not just me," etc.

Heidi's "we love, love, love you" sounded obligatory and false.   Her virtual auf -- completed with pantomimed embrace and kiss -- was absurd, as was her whole virtual appearance.   It sent the message, "this isn't important enough for me to be there, and neither are you" (meaning Kenya and the viewers).  She pulled the same thing last season.   It's nice that Zac and Nina did the send-off but just no.   Bad Heidi. 

• Love 16
8 hours ago, Eliza422 said:

I do not understand how two designers picked a hideous pale dusty pink as their main color - all episode I was yelling “what am I missing?!?” 

Right? I was dying! That color is DEATH on PR! Its so "mumsy", "mother of the bride", "aging", "not modern"! My god have these people never watched the show? Its like trying to make gnocchi, or do short ribs in 90 minutes on Top Chef, or just grabbing some strawberries on Chopped to add a little freshness! Its death! Don't do it! 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, amazingracefan said:

I was thinking that.  And I also thought that 2 outfits being shown wasn't enough (before Posen said that).

Agreed. The final collections, while cohesive, often evolve from the first look to the last look.  The first may look nothing like the last, but the looks in between tie it all together (I hope that makes sense!).  I think it's too hard to show the judges a good representation of your total collection while only giving them 2 looks.   

Brendan's collection looks to be almost too cohesive to me.  Does every piece use the flamingo print?  It just seemed overwhelming to me. I've been a fan of his all season, but hated the looks he presented to the judges. 

I actually liked both of Kentaro's.  Maybe not a fan of the poof on the white skirt OR the styling, but overall I liked them. 

Margarita.  I kind of liked the pants, but thought the flared bottom was too much.  The look would also work better if the pants were paired with a more simple top like a cropped tank or something.  The other outfit? With the satin shorts? Oof. No.

I loved, loved, loved the white outfit with the jacket from Ayana.  I'm interested in seeing her whole collection.  I think it will be down to her and Brendan at the end. 

Kenya is sweet, but that collection looked dull AF.  

• Love 2

I can't stomach any of the looks I've seen from this show (did not see episode) . This is shaping up to be the worst ever NY Fashion week for PR, imo. I don't care who gets awarded all the stuff.

Edited by Bebecat
18 hours ago, Nordly Beaumont said:

Even if you don't dress modestly for religious reasons, there are a lot of women who probably have "modest" wardrobes, they've just never labeled it that way. Some women just feel more comfortable being covered (like Diane Keaton, the celebrity version of modest dressing!)

Me.  For the most part.  My shorts/skirts/dresses are no shorter than two or three inches above the knee.  I am also uncomfortable with tops which are too low-cut (though I admit that I own some - but always worn with a cami underneath) have I bared my belly button in a VERY LONG TIME.  Nothing wrong with my stomach.  I just don't think I need to show it off! :)  

p.s. Tim's GIGANTIC Bandaid looked like it was going to fall off several times. 

Edited by PRgal
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Yes, a thousand times yes!  I shouldn't be, but I'm irked by the naming of clothes as modest.  There have always been women who dress more provocatively than others, yet I don't see a fashion category called immodest.  There have always been women who want a more covered wedding gown than others for example, whether for religious reasons or simply personal preference.  It's a reflection on current societal trends to label every.damn.thing.

same here. I have a discomfort with Ayana's use of the term (and I know it's not just her) but kind of implies if you are not covered neck, to wrist, to toe, you are not dressing modestly. I view myself as dressing modestly but I wear skirts that stop at the knee without wearing pants underneath. . . I feel like Ayana's style --which is almost "must cover neck, to wrist, to toe" should have its own word. Maybe Extreme Modest? I don't know.

• Love 11
On 11/10/2017 at 1:01 PM, LisainCali said:

I don’t see Ayana’s clothes as being only for Muslims at all.  I was surprised at Zacs suggestion to try to be careful with the “hajib” part of her collection so that it is more subtle and creative.  I didn’t notice a hajib in much of anything she showed

Didn't Ayana say that she planned on showing some of the models in hijabs for her FW collection  before Zac made that comment?

Edited by ichbin
spelling
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, PRgal said:

p.s. Tim's GIGANTIC Bandaid looked like it was going to fall off several times. 

Yes, couldn't the camera crew at least press it down before filming him?

7 minutes ago, RedbirdNelly said:

Maybe Extreme Modest? I don't know.

Yes, "modest" to mean just means not showing lots of cleavage, belly, high thigh, back, etc. She has a very distinct definition which goes a long way beyond that. Like a poster above, I don't like to show cleavage because I'm "of a certain age" where I just don't feel comfortable. So I wear a cami if necessary.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, ichbin said:

Didn't Ayana say that she planned on showing some of the models in hajibs for her FW collection  before Zac made that comment?

Yes. Posen asked if she was going to have all of her models with "curly" hair and she replied that she wanted half of them to have curls, the other half to have hajibs. As far as I remember, he was not the one to bring it up; she did. 

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, Bebecat said:

I can't stomach any of the looks I've seen from this show (did not see episode) . This is shaping up to be the worst ever NY Fashion week for PR, imo. I don't care who gets awarded all the stuff.

You mean the lifetime supply of pens?

• Love 12
19 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I guess I just don't know what the "modesty" market is, outside of the Muslim community.  

Mormon's and some evangelicals...a (non-mormon) friend got a "temple ready" wedding dress....it was darling and a huge improvement over a lot of the fairy stripper looks you see.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Eliza422 said:

I do not understand how two designers picked a hideous pale dusty pink as their main color - all episode I was yelling “what am I missing?!?” 

It was funny seeing Kenya and Brandon reunited in New York where they both commented on their nearly identical color palettes, even suggesting they could intermingle pieces.  Yet on the home visits, Tim told Kenya her color palette was a snoozer, while he told Brandon there was absolutely nothing he could critique or suggest to him. 

• Love 11

I did think the sudden switching from 2 to one eliminated, without any reason given just a sudden announcement at the start of the runway, was a bit strange.

Margarita clearly thought with only 2 outfits being presented she had to really put it together so it stood out as much as possible, she said as much.  And it worked, she got through.  The fault was more that only 2 designs were asked for, I think 4 would have been better.

The makeup on Kentaro's models didn't make them look very feminine at all.  Kenya's black dress was pretty boring I thought.  Nina Garcia said Brandon was using different colours than before, but it looked the same to me. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, SunFun said:

The cat story makes me okay with a Kentaro win. Imagine the post-show interviews.

I agree with someone else that I didn't buy the cat story, and the music he played I was wondering if that was really that serious as well.  It had a dull motif and the harmonies just seemed forced in as it went on  He played it ok though and I think he said it wasn't finished.

The family meetings never interest me that much, though it was seemed strange that Tim didn't speak to the Japanese family on that video link, maybe their English just isn't that good.

One thing that puzzled me on the runway is we didn't see them looking at the clothes up close, I know Heidi wasn't there but still they could have done it.

Edited by amazingracefan
  • Love 2

I loved the hair/makeup on Kentaro's models.  It was bold, unusual, and yet a shout out to his Japanese aesthetic and heritage.  And absolutely in keeping with what a pushing edge fashion show designer should be presenting in New York.  (Because that's suddenly the only place that matters.)  I rarely pay attention to how the models are made up, but Kentaro's were striking and memorable.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, wings707 said:

HA!  I wear long sleeves now and I live in the fucking desert!  

Me, too, but in the high desert, so we have pretty cold winters when long sleeves, turtlenecks, pants, and a warm coat are normal winter wear.  In the summer, though, even when it's 110, I try to wear sleeves to the elbow - 67 year-old upper arms aren't something even I want to see.  

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, amazingracefan said:

The family meetings never interest me that much, though it was seemed strange that Tim didn't speak to the Japanese family on that video link, maybe their English just isn't that good.

The families of contestants living in the US usually seem to know who Tim is, his status on PR, and reason for his visit.  During Kentaro's conversation with his family one of them referred to Princess Diana as the English woman who died (or something along that line).  I doubt they would be aware of Tim and his role and function on PR and would probably just be puzzled about why they were talking to him, even with interpreters.

Edited by ichbin
spelling
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

I have this dreadful feeling Margarita is going to pull out a win. There is simply too much of a storyline with her. 

I think she got what appears to be additional focus because of the twins and because she is mouthy.  Having seen the rest of her collection, all I can say is if she wins I am out for good! 

I think it is going to be between Brandon and Ayana in the end, two very different aesthetics...I'm fine with either outcome.  The publicity they all get from this should serve them all well, even those who do not win.  There are a lot of tourist shops and casino staff to outfit in tropical locales which could benfit from one particular designer's aesthetic.

Edited by ichbin
spelling
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Yes, a thousand times yes!  I shouldn't be, but I'm irked by the naming of clothes as modest.  There have always been women who dress more provocatively than others, yet I don't see a fashion category called immodest.

Well, I can only say that my TOUCHSTONE and BIBLE for all things fashion related is the old computer game Jo Jo's Fashion Show, in which you have Modest:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-9N3e4axpcBI/TuhtkaWGt5I/AAAAAAAADH8/1NmC8AHgPyw/s1600/JojosFashionShow+2011-12-13+22-36-28-80.jpg

as opposed to its opposite,  Racy:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/fjU0D_1GYOk/maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by ratgirlagogo
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, millennium said:

Rabies is passed on by blood and saliva.   If the dead cat bit you, you might have a problem.

Zombie Cat

I think Kenya or Margarita would do better collections for JC Penny's.  A top or blouse in a bright print works and would probably sell.  Both Brandon and Kentaro are the kind of designers who the young and hip wear (Brandon's winter outfit screamed young actress at Sundance).  

I like Margarita's bell bottoms for the Grammy's or something.

It's interesting how people are debating the modest clothes.  I used to work with a bible school where all the women dress very modestly...and teenagers being teenagers they push it, not by wearing anything short but going in the opposite direction.  One spring every young woman I saw had a longer skirt on, most of them dragging on the ground.  I could see these young women buying Ayana's clothes and not caring that she was Muslim.

• Love 2