Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E13: Finale, Part 1

Drogo
  • Start Topic

After heading home to work on their collections, the five finalists are visited by Tim who is not impressed with everything they have created; the designers return to New York and present the judges with two pieces from their collection.

"...glamorous, sexy, sophisticated, and cool."  And like a breast-feeding surrogate.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For me, Ayana made the right choices.  But I'm nearly never in tune with the judges, so...

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 6

They all have 2 different size models which kind of evens the field a little. I wanted to like Kentaro’s runway looks and I didn’t. ☹️ Margaritas looked well made but not something I’d want to see an entire collection of. Anaya’s palate was dingy looking, I actually liked Brandon’s print. It reminds me of a recent Kate Spade print. 

• Love 11

I mean, Kenya's was the only collection I liked so this sounds about right. 

They literally said "I wish we could see her whole collection." Isn't that what they're trying to decide? The people who they want to see the collection from? But sure, pick Kentaro's ugly puff shorts and no-surprise Brandon's collection of straps and belly shirts. 

Please let Ayana win. 

Also, I swore Kentaro said dead COW and cat makes more sense because I was like... how did he come across a dead cow.

Edited by weightyghost
  • Love 22

I loved Ayana's first look. The top on the second look looked matronly. 

I liked Kentaro's nude look. The second one was weird. The top looked like a big tumor or something on the side. 

Kenya needs to jack up the front of the black dress if that model is going to wear that. I liked the robe with the second look even though the judges didn't. 

Both of Margarita's designs looked costumey. 

All season Brandons designs were so street and then he does flamingoes, I don't get it. I did like the first look design, not the second one though. 

Poor Kenya, her designs weren't very good but she seemed like a sweetheart. Kentaro got lucky. I hate when they say three people will go to FW and then change their minds and pick four. 

• Love 10

I have to agree with Kenya leaving tonight. Like I said a few posts ago, she needs to be snatched up by a fashion house, a major brand, someone because her tailoring is (almost always) impeccable. 

Kentaro got too deep into his head with some of his designs. I loved the peach number (especially the tank, god I love a strappy tank after years of avoiding them!) and even the pleats. I could see where he was going with the white number, but I did not care for the skirt. 

Margarita...turned it out for the finale. I hated the shorts on her model, but I surprisingly loved the prints and the color palette. If we ignore her work on the show, she would be an interesting designer to see.

Ayana's looks were interesting. I liked the look on Meisha, but not the other model. The colors were drab, and I say this as someone who has a ton of grey in her closet.

I couldn't stand Brandon's prints, good lord they were ugly. I did like the dress; it was cute. I could see where he was going with the shirting/paper bag opening of the pant, but it became a little wonky on Liris' body. 

• Love 11

I knew even from Tim's visit that Kenya was in trouble. It all read very old and mumsy. The pink was hideous. That fabric with the pearls was terrible. Even I wouldn't wear that gold pearl overwrap and I'm over 50.  Very aging. And with the fit on the models being bad besides, she was doomed. 

Edited by Kathira
  • Love 9