Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E06: Growing Up Jersey

• Start Topic

Teresa takes her daughters and her father on vacation to Puerto Rico, but the fun quickly turns into turmoil; Margaret and Dolores face off; Siggy gets hormone therapy; Melissa and Joe argue over how to parent Antonia.

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 2

I wouldn't mind Bravo continuing to shame women who have the audacity to age, but maybe idk -the FDA or CDC or human decency could kick in with a disclaimer that HRT is NOT RECOMMENDED FOR EVERYONE?

Or, you know, continue to encourage women to risk cancer, heart attacks, stroke, etc. in the hopes that will keep their loser husbands from straying. Either/or.

• Love 21

Why would Theresa just sit there yapping on the phone with Danielle while her Dad was sunburnt and asleep? Wake him up and get him out of the sun before he's more than burnt. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
Spelling
  • Love 10

I'm puzzled re: Margaret's pig tails. I didn't see a band holding them or did she conceal it with a small bit of her own hair?  It takes a lot of work to have your hair look that badly. Then her mother goes and does the same thing. SMH

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

So you high five your son for having three girlfriends, but your daughter needs to be locked away. What’s wrong with birth control anyway?

Nothing if you take it or use it. 

• Love 6

"What do I have to do to get you to talk to me?" Um maybe not ask your pre-teen daughter questions on national television you dumbass?

Between Mel with this and Teresa wanting to be "open with her girls" while she continues to tell them she was at camp I want to see a very special crossover episode with DYFS..

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

Why would Theresa just sit there yapping on the phone with Danielle while her Dad was sunburnt and asleep? Wake him up and get him out of the sun before he's more than burnt. 

I thought he was reclining on a chair under a mess off umbrellas..  did not think he was still in the sun.

• Love 9

Bringing Danielle back has turned out to be a huge disappointment.  With all her sucking up to Teresa, Danielle is nothing more than her sock puppet.  She was more interesting back in Seasons 1 & 2 when she was the outsider, the villain.

I could care less about the nonsense with her and Dolores.  Missed opportunity for not pushing her shady and tumultuous past with Teresa and Melissa.

• Love 8

I can't believe that Teresa actually said the words, "Melissa was right." OMG! That is real, actual progress. Teresa's kids acted like brats at that photoshoot.

Dolores has acted just as unhinged as Siggy has towards Margaret, especially when they were in FL. I think Dolores saw her spot on the show slipping away after so many insane fights over nothing and decided to make up. Siggy is fucking ridiculous. Least favorite housewife ever.

• Love 18

Was that an episode of real housewives? It seemed like real kids of NJ and should have been on Nick instead of bravo. 

Outside the kid scenes, I cannot with Papa Gorga anymore. Leave the man alone. I swear tre was trying to make him cry. 

What the fuck is up with these hoes and HRT? First Shannon on BH, now Soggy. I'm sorry, HRT is a decision not to be taken lightly because in many cases the danger outweighs the benefits. Soggy was treating it like getting a manicure. Did the Dr also tell her about the risks? I am not against HRT, i take a tiny bit of estrogen to deal with some issues, but i would never have pellets put in my ass. 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, chick binewski said:

"What do I have to do to get you to talk to me?" Um maybe not ask your pre-teen daughter questions on national television you dumbass?

Between Mel with this and Teresa wanting to be "open with her girls" while she continues to tell them she was at camp I want to see a very special crossover episode with DYFS..

Right! It's obvious why the girls don't want to talk about personal issues with their moms... the fucking cameras everywhere that broadcast a show all their classmates will see.

The boys are too young, but they will reach that epiphany soon.

Milania is still manipulative.

• Love 8

He wasn't in the sun, she purposely made him sit under an umbrella.  

I get being there for your friend but excusing all their bad behavior just makes you look ridiculous and the very definition of an ass kisser, Dolores.

I'm liking Margaret more & more, I appreciate that she has her own opinions and speaks her mind.  

• Love 17
8 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I really wish they would stop filming Teresa's father in his grief.  It is so sad to watch that poor man.  He is really struggling and this has to be horrible for him.  He must have so much love for his daughter that he would go along with letting himself to be filmed showing his sadness.  (And, shame on Teresa AND Joe for allowing this!!) 

Sadly someday when he goes to join his wife, these are the recorded memories that Theresa will have. I hope someone gets Film of him smiling and happy with the grandgirls. Those are the memories that I'd want to live. 

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, snarts said:

He wasn't in the sun, she purposely made him sit under an umbrella.  

Oh good. I'm glad I was wrong (although I still hated to see the burn).

I just wanted to gag when Soggy got all snuggly with her husband at the dinner table. OK Soggy. We get it. The hormones are beginning to work and it's upping your game in the bedroom. Please keep it there. I don't want to see it. 

The Gorgas are in for it when Antonia gets to be about 15-17 years old. With her Moms eyes she is going to break some hearts and give Joe a cardiac episode or two. 

Dolores has her cake (current boyfriend) and eating it too (ex-husband still at her beck). He must like the paycheck or whatever that he is getting out of this because he sure is letting her run the show. Her ordering his dinner, really? 

• Love 11
11 hours ago, b2H said:

I thought he was reclining on a chair under a mess off umbrellas..  did not think he was still in the sun.

I think he was, but I think it was the second day of their trip.  Teresa's Dad and most of the girls looked super sunburned!!  I guess she forgot to advise them to use sunscreen the first day.  Even the day of the photo shoot, they were still very red.  

I felt bad for Teresa during that photo shoot.  I know how difficult it is to corral kids for formal photos when they are not into it.  She was 100% right when she told them that someday they would thank her for forcing the pictures.  My kids HATE having to do photos, and even though they are young adults now, I still force them to pose for a few photos at holidays and when we are all together - for the exact reason that Teresa said.  I have very, very few photos of me with my siblings and my parents from when we were growing up.  Both my parents are now gone, so it is sad that my siblings and I don't have many pictures of all of us together.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Final thought - after seeing Margaret in that bun, she can go back to the pigtails. 

Funny, I thought the same thing, she can look younger in some scenes than others and the pigtails are a cute look on her.

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

As for Joe and Mel - I don't even think it's that he's super strict. I think it's all about double standards. I doubt he's very strict with the boys. He's all telling Antonia she can't go to sleepovers any more or have a boyfriend, but then turns around and praises Joey for having THREE girlfriends. What kind of message is he sending those kids????

Who does Joe think are his son's girlfriends but other parent's daughters.  Joe not wanting his daughter to have anymore sleepovers?  She is at the age where it's part of a normal social life.  It seems Joe is of the mindset that girls are the root of all evil and temptation, I wonder what his take is on the high profile sexual abuse scandals all over the news these days. 

Joe's inner cretin surfaces and I go back to rolling my eyes at his every word.  

• Love 14

I related to Teresa when she said she and Joe were terrified of their parents growing up.  And I know that people get on their soapbox about not raising children in fear, but I was raised fearing my father and I'd like to think I turned out just fine.  I have a healthy respect for authority.  I can even talk to people without rolling my eyes.  I don't fear him now.  We're actually super close and I don't have any issues telling him things now that I NEVER would have when I was a kid concerning his behavior.  My parents gave my brother and I a lot of freedom, but it was well known in our house - fuck up once and it's gone.  

Holy shit, if I ever spoke to my mother the way those girls did during that photo shoot, all he'd have had to do was give me the look of death and I'd have needed to go change my underwear.  Walking away whining about how my mother is annnnooooooooyyyyyyyyiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnng would have had me sitting in the hotel room with nothing to do and no one to talk to for the rest of the vacation.

Gia may be mature in some instances but the way she acted proves she's still a 16 year old brat.  And so are all of her sisters.  I cannot stand it when people dismiss that kind of behavior "Well they're teenagers!"  Nope.  No.  Absolutely not.  You ever disrespect me in public and you're done.  Every one of those girls had a go with being a sarcastic brat to her and she never said a word.  Milania's bullshit is not cute.  It wasn't when she was younger either.  That little girl is a bitch.

Siggy and Dolores bug me.  "Well if Dolores says to give her another chance then I suppose I can."  WTF?  Are you nine?  How on earth is this woman selling books telling people how to have successful relationships when she's filmed standing behind someone playing like she's hitting them?  

Ugh...the hate is strong.

• Love 22

I liked this episode. It actually had THREE (3) conversations of some depth between calm adults (and one child). 

1.  Tre and dad

2. Delores and Margaret

3. Joe and Antonia

I particularly liked the Delores/Margaret convo. It's far more interesting to me to hear about these women's unique and unexpected backstories and watching them get to know one another than it is to watch them shriek and throw things at each other over some fabricated bullshit. 

• Love 19
13 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Antonia is adorable and looks just like her Mom (before Melissa got her nose done)!!  

It’s funny how people see things differently. I think Antonia really favors her father. Either way, she is a pretty young woman. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Who does Joe think are his son's girlfriends but other parent's daughters.  Joe not wanting his daughter to have anymore sleepovers?  She is at the age where it's part of a normal social life.  It seems Joe is of the mindset that girls are the root of all evil and temptation, I wonder what his take is on the high profile sexual abuse scandals all over the news these days. 

Joe is so full of BS. He's just talking for the camera's.

• Love 3

"I wish Joe had gotten things more in order." GMAFB. The old man even gave the side-eye to that steaming pile of bullshit.

They really have no respect for her.

Teresa's dawters don't respect her because she's never respected them, as fortune and fame have always come before their well-being since S1 (and before that, really, since Teresa's criminal activities started right after Gia was born).

Siggy was loud and talky last season, but not cray. I'm going to give her a slight benefit of the doubt, because menopause can be a M'fer.

Bringing Danielle back has turned out to be a huge disappointment.

Like her boyfriend's nut on her shoe, she's a bust. 

Although, if she's still close with the EX, I can't see why kids won't forgive her as well. 

Me, neither...something seems a little hinky there. I wonder if the stepkids are estranged from their half sibling, too?

• Love 8

I like Delores, and I have new found respect for Magtails.. Siggy and those pellets, good for her, she will see a change. Im over over Tre, her horrible daughters and her creepy father

Bringing Danielle back has turned out to be a huge disappointment.

I cant stand her, either of her faces, because she is two faced

56 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Joe is so full of BS. He's just talking for the camera's.

Joe knows what boys are like.! I like Joe

• Love 5
Just now, ghoulina said:

If Joe is worried about what boys are like, maybe he should take more of an interest in making sure HIS boys are not like that....instead of encouraging the youngest one to think it's cool to have 3 girlfriends. 

I think they were joking, the youngest boy clearly was laughing, and not really know what he's saying/ I suspect Joe will have a word with him as well, when the time is right

• Love 3
1 hour ago, NeverLate said:

I think they were joking, the youngest boy clearly was laughing, and not really know what he's saying/ I suspect Joe will have a word with him as well, when the time is right

I don't. It's not the first time Joe has said things like that - praising his boys for being a certain way that he turns around and instructs Antonia never to be. I don't hate Joe. But I definitely think he employs a lot of double standards when it comes to raising his kids. It's never too soon to instill good morals in your children, and there's a bit of truth in each joke. I bet Joe really does think it's awesome that his son is such a playboy. He doesn't stop to think of the girls, just like Antonia, who could be hurt by such behavior. 

• Love 23
3 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I don't. It's not the first time Joe has said things like that - praising his boys for being a certain way that he turns around and instructs Antonia never to be. I don't hate Joe. But I definitely think he employs a lot of double standards when it comes to raising his kids. It's never too soon to instill good morals in your children, and there's a bit of truth in each joke. I bet Joe really does think it's awesome that his son is such a playboy. He doesn't stop to think of the girls, just like Antonia, who could be hurt by such behavior. 

Well, we can agree to disagree. I'll take his parenting skills over stupid Theresa, who can't afford Gia's tuition! Sell that big monstrous  ugly house Teresa...

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I agree. Jokes have an element of truth and everything we say and model has an impact on our children. His lil’ playboy kid will likely grow up into a playboy teenager and adult because dad gave him praise for that. Playboying with someone’s daughters.

• Love 12

I have to say the Gorga siblings have produced some beautiful children but Antonia's beauty I see is all Melissa. I've always thought she looked like her mom but it's only become more evidence as she grows. Antonia does look mature for her age but I think even if Antonia was 11 and looked like she was 5, Joe would still be protective over her. And I can explain to Melissa why their parenting styles are different. Joe is the guy so he got more freedom and that meant that he knew what boys were like at those pubescent, teenage and young adult years. And he knows what the girls were like he was probably messing around with a good chunk of them. He doesn't want his daughter to come across another young version of himself. Teresa got the stricter treatment from her parents and probably had to be creative and sneaky to have her fun so she knows what will happen behind her back so she focused too hard on trying to build friendships with her children so that they would be honest with her about everything. The fact that she admitted that Melissa was right about her parenting style was shocking...like truly shocking. But it's hilarious that it took a photoshoot for her to realize it, LOL.

The funniest thing about Dolores poking fun of being so far up Siggy's ass is that she says it as though it's the most ridiculous thing ever when in truth, based on appearances, she every bit seems like an ass kisser. When you say that someone is emotional and very animated, that seems like code for irrational and over the top. Dolores is such a good friend that she won't admit that to Margaret...but she just admitted it to the world on camera. Dolores will keep the truth behind closed doors but will lie to everyone's face because she's 'loyal'. 

Joe and Antonio's trampoline date was sweet...one of the few times he hasn't acted like a caveman, lol.

Watching Teresa's father grieve for his wife is heartbreaking. 

• Love 7

Well, we can agree to disagree. I'll take his parenting skills over stupid Theresa, who can't afford Gia's tuition! Sell that big monstrous  ugly house Teresa...

How does her inability to pay for tuition reflect on her parenting skills???  Maybe they're upside down on the house and can't sell it?  It wouldn't kill Gia to go to public school.  They certainly pay enough taxes in northern NJ,  I'm sure Franklin Lakes is pretty highly regarded.

I think Teresa has a hard time saying no to her kids because she wants them to like her.  A lot of parents do that.  Too many, imho.  

• Love 6

siggy-sticking-out-tongue-nyah-ugly-rhon

Dolores: I see absolutely nothing wrong with Siggy's behavior.

KFB: I find myself staring at Shiddy - I'm trying to figure out if Jacqueline pulled a Nicholas Cage Face-Off move and Siggy's dead body is somewhere in a ditch. Shiddy is acting exactly like Jacko.

• Love 19