Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: ...And Finally: Black Bolt

I was reading a post about the show on io9. One of the comments mentioned that they could retcon the entire season as either one of Bronaja's visions or Karnak's prognostication.

Another comment mentioned that the plot of Inhumans was a bad attempt at Thor. You've got the superpowered royalty who is "basically decent," but initially clueless jerks. They are banished to Earth, while a scheming relative stays home. The schemer plots to take over and keep the relative stranded on Earth. The banished hero learns some humility and learns their lesson. Meanwhile, the schemer has lost control of things back home. The hero returns from Earth changed and humble, now ready to rule.

However, Thor got banished to Earth because he was being a war-mongering douche. Most everyone in the story seems to acknowledge that he is completely in the wrong. However in Inhumans, no one acknowledges that the bulk of the Royal Family is filled with bigoted entitled asses. Furthermore, most of them never learn their lessons. Finally, Maximus has the support of the people for most of his reign.

• Love 3

So, the Inhumans tell the guy on Earth they need a place to live.  Guy on Earth says "I've got a place."  Did I miss it when we find out where that place is, or is it implied someway that I'm missing?  Because I don't know where they are, or even where they might go.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DavidJSnyder said:

So, the Inhumans tell the guy on Earth they need a place to live.  Guy on Earth says "I've got a place."  Did I miss it when we find out where that place is, or is it implied someway that I'm missing?  Because I don't know where they are, or even where they might go.

I  don't think it was every spelled out. I presume it is your standard issue secret lair away from a densely populated area.

On 11/12/2017 at 2:25 AM, jhlipton said:

You mean the Power that he can't talk and no one but his wife (and his brother, duh) bothers to learn his language?

I did love the fact that Maximus was all "DUH, it's been like 15-20 years of watching your made-up sign language every day. The question you should be asking is why no one else ever figured out at least the basics. And you guys treated ME like I was the useless idiot." Apparently, Bolt lost the ability to write during his terratogenesis, too.

The fact that all those years passed and Bolt never noticed (or cared) that his too-sharp-for-his-own-good brother was being treated like shit by the whole family and just maybe that was a recipe for a coup made me want the royal family to fall. If he had half a brain, he would have brought Maximus in as his right-hand man and shared the SooperSecret threat with him. Instead, he alienated him.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, CoyoteBlue said:

If he had half a brain, he would have brought Maximus in as his right-hand man and shared the SooperSecret threat with him. Instead, he alienated him.

But Maximus was human!!!!  You can't expect Black Bolt to degrade himself enough to condescend to talk to... ugh.. humans!!!

• Love 3

They got one laugh out of me with this episode, when Gorgon stomped right through the chamber and fell to the floor, and then Karnak stuck his face through the opening and snarked, "If you had just made the hole a little more to the left, this would have gone a lot easier..." Heh.

Otherwise... no, thanks. This show was not good. I can't believe I watched eight episodes of this and in the end, what was the point? Their 'apology' about 'not realizing' their own people's struggles with the class structure was so pathetic. If I were one of the 1400 citizens who'd just transported to Earth, I'd want to say, "FUCK YOU. You're not my king or queen anymore. I've defected. I'm freeeeeee! Off to finally have a life of my own without your horrible oppression. See ya!"

Edited by sinkwriter
  • Love 5
On 11/19/2017 at 0:05 AM, sinkwriter said:

Their 'apology' about 'not realizing' their own people's struggles with the class structure was so pathetic. If I were one of the 1400 citizens who'd just transported to Earth, I'd want to say, "FUCK YOU. You're not my king or queen anymore. I've defected. I'm freeeeeee! Off to finally have a life of my own without your horrible oppression. See ya!"

And then they walk off and freeze to death in the Himalayas  :)

If that's the new location of Atillan (it was one of the locations in the Himalayas).

7 hours ago, sinkwriter said:

Oh, did they say Himalayas? I guess I just assumed they'd all teleport back to Hawaii, near Louise (since she was given the terrigan crystals).

That is comic book knowledge/spoiler being one place a mobile City of Attilan moved to. But since  

Spoiler

They took the same path as Thor Ragnarok

I doubt if the ruins of the city are mobile and are moved from the moon to the Himalayas.

On 11/20/2017 at 9:02 PM, rmontro said:

And then they walk off and freeze to death in the Himalayas  :)

If that's the new location of Atillan (it was one of the locations in the Himalayas).

It looked like they were outside, and not in the snow, so I think we can rule out the Himalayas.

All of the "renew/cancel" sites are giving this mess a chance at renewal (when other, better shows are dead).  Ugh.

• Love 1
On 11/22/2017 at 5:56 PM, jhlipton said:

All of the "renew/cancel" sites are giving this mess a chance at renewal (when other, better shows are dead).  Ugh.

Even though this season was bad, I could never really picture an Inhumans TV show featuring the royal family.  Oddly enough, this show convinced me that the potential is there, even if this one failed.  I do think the right people could do it well.

I wonder if the Ramsay/Maximus actor was only signed for one season, or for a multi year deal.  The way they got rid of him at the end makes me think they might have to resign him if they want him.  Not sure he would want to come back anyway.

7 hours ago, rmontro said:

Even though this season was bad, I could never really picture an Inhumans TV show featuring the royal family.  Oddly enough, this show convinced me that the potential is there, even if this one failed.  I do think the right people could do it well.

They would to start by showing us that they know that Black Bolt is a dreadful leader, that the Royal Family are scum and that the caste system was a horrorshow.

• Love 2

The Good: Lockjaw... and Anson Mount even though he had the "smelled something bad" face the entire season.

The Bad: Everything else...

But I did enjoy it...

In the end, for the season,  I didn't like the cramming of the Royal Family fleeing to Earth and the rebellion on Attila.  

If I had my way, this season would have been the strictly Maximus and the rebellion.

Edited by CyberJawa1986
  • Love 1