Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
deaja

JTV: Jewelry Shopping From The Comfort Of Home

I just wanted to review a watch set that I received today. The set includes 5 leather strap watches, gray, red, black , tan and blue. I paid 70.00 for the set, but .I think it is 60.00 now. I love watches and will give a couple as gifts but the rest are mine. JBW867-  Burgi ladies watch set.

• Like 10

42 minutes ago, Lady J said:

I just wanted to review a watch set that I received today. The set includes 5 leather strap watches, gray, red, black , tan and blue. I paid 70.00 for the set, but .I think it is 60.00 now. I love watches and will give a couple as gifts but the rest are mine. JBW867-  Burgi ladies watch set.

Thanks for that information!  I don't care for those colors, but will keep my eye on some of the others.  I used to buy the Gossip watches from QVC, but they don't sell anything like those deals anymore.  My wrist is small, so leather band watches are usually best for me.

• Like 8

I just read on the Q board that Lisa Mason will be on JTV next Friday to introduce her line "Love More ".  A more extensive collection will be introduced in January.

• Like 11

26 minutes ago, Lady J said:

I just read on the Q board that Lisa Mason will be on JTV next Friday to introduce her line "Love More ".  A more extensive collection will be introduced in January.

Saw a very brief intro of it on her fb page. Looks like stuff from the jewelry store with the famous blue box. Meh.

Her husband has been battling cancer for so long now. What a nightmare for them both.

• Like 8

Wonder if Lisa Mason is making a better move selling her own line of jewelry or having her own network like LR'S SSC selling generic janky jewelry and gaudy holiday decor?

• Like 9

22 minutes ago, mpeeps said:

Wonder if Lisa Mason is making a better move selling her own line of jewelry or having her own network like LR'S SSC selling generic janky jewelry and gaudy holiday decor?

I don't know, but she will be introduced during " Girlfriend Friday " show, so I think she will get max. exposure on that network, so we'll see.

• Like 10

Losa is a southern gitl who can talk the talk and walk the walk with Misty and Nikki.  They both move the merch, so I think Lisa could well be a hit with them and their audience.

• Like 12

Here's the link from her FB page.  Looks like a debut next Friday and full launch on January 30th?  I don't know how it will work between her and the "girlfriends".  She's cut from a completely different cloth if you know what I mean! ?

• Like 9

Agree that Lisa is several cuts above the JTV gals.  But coming, as she does, from a ministerial family, she will have the skills needed to navigate the Williams sisters,  and be able to relate to the girlfriends,, and even the good ol' boys.

I don"t think she would like it as a host there, but as a vendor, she should do just fine.

Edited by Denver Hoosier · Reason: Premature entry
  • Like 11

Aren't the girls night hosts flashy ... big hair, talons, heavy makeup, hooker heels. LM is a complete 180.  

• Like 10

I never cared for LMason, I thought that under that southern Lady thing was anything but, we all have different likes and opinions,

However I think her plan of going to a shopchannel is way ahead of LR's half assed plan,  if the merch is priced well and OK, it should be OK 

• Like 12

Lisa Mason will debuting a line of jewelry on JTV next Friday, per her facebook page post. It's called Love More by Lisa Mason.  Hope she does well.

• Like 9

On 12/1/2017 at 6:37 PM, mpeeps said:

Aren't the girls night hosts flashy ... big hair, talons, heavy makeup, hooker heels. LM is a complete 180.  

Lisa R would fit right in. The BFFs have taken faux tanning to a whole new level. They also have very dated manicures. Misty can teach Lisa “stop what you are doing, you need this in your life”. I get the feeling Nikki would cut a bitch, everything is “my” show, “I” sold this out, “I am the diamond queen”, could get very interesting. I think Lisa M will try to bond with the former beauty queen (seriously, WTF? They were pageant girls?) sisters. 

• Like 9

For the curious, here are photos of the Williams sisters pageant winning looks.

They are nice looking, but not nearly as pretty as LR was back in the day.

Heidi, in the first photo, was Miss North Carolina 1992. Wendy was Miss Teen North Carolina 1993.

1992HeidiSueWilliams_thumb-300x300.jpg

93wendywilliams.jpg

Edited by Denver Hoosier
  • Like 7

On 11/16/2017 at 2:22 AM, Denver Hoosier said:

Is anyone but me a fan of the beaded evening bags that Tony Malvagna brings with his Off Park jewelry collection?

I think they ate beautiful and am always coveting them, even though I have 2 evening bags I haven't used in over a decade.  He has a knockout one tonight - a peacock.

I am coveting those bags too, even though I have no use for such a fancy bag. I especially want the cat and the flower.

I love Off Park pins. I've bought several, and they are very well made. Very affordable, too. Off Park has the biggest selection of critter pins I've ever seen -- they even have a sparkly rhinoceros pin! 

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Like 12

Lisa's jewelry in the  JTV preview looks pretty good!!

Immunotherapy has been (it appears) successful in 2 very dire cases that I have heard about:

1) Lisa's husband..Gino

2) President Carter

• Like 11

8 hours ago, artisto said:

Lisa's jewelry in the  JTV preview looks pretty good!!

Immunotherapy has been (it appears) successful in 2 very dire cases that I have heard about:

1) Lisa's husband..Gino

2) President Carter

I took a peek and I agree.  The prices are OK by me.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Hellohappylife said:

I only ever flip to this channel when the other shopping networks are boring. 

They are always selling “Belle Lucce”

I’m surprised it’s not named Belle Lucce TV

Agree!  So frustrating.  I know that some folks like the diamond simulant stuff, but for me, a little goes a loooong way.  JTV with their Bella Luce and Evine with those damned Invicta watches.  So boring.

• Like 10

8 hours ago, Hellohappylife said:

I only ever flip to this channel when the other shopping networks are boring. 

They are always selling “Belle Lucce”

I’m surprised it’s not named Belle Lucce TV

Maybe they should call it BLT instead of JTV.

• Like 13

14 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Maybe they should call it BLT instead of JTV.

I'm not a Bella Luce fan either (not a fan of CZ jewelry in general), so I usually switch channels when the BL shows come on. JTV says it's their best selling line, so that's why it's on so often.

Haha, BLT!  Now you're making me hungry.

• Like 13

Although I mentioned this in the “Shopping Channel Hosts” section, it’s great news about Lisa Mason on JTV.  Looking forward to seeing the premiere of her new jewelry line tonight.  Also glad that Michael O'Connor (former Affinity Diamonds OAP on the Q) has a line on JTV as well.  I watched him the first night he was on JTV, and everything sold out.  Lisa M. and Michael are true class acts - QVC's loss for sure, but JTV's gain, in more ways than one.

• Like 7

Happened to notice this tree in the background, and I really like it!  I've always been drawn to jewel tones, and this, dare I say ombre design, is unique and pretty imo.

Screenshot (121).png

Btw, this host talks like she's under the influence of ... too much caffeine or something.  Gezus.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 9

3 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Btw, this host talks like she's under the influence of ... too much caffeine or something.  Gezus.

They all do over there.  Have you ever heard Kristen Keech? (I think that's her name).  My ears can't keep up with her words.  And she never stops to breathe.  I don't know why she doesn't pass out.   -   She's just the worst, but all the hosts at JTV act as if they get paid per word.

• Like 9

23 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Happened to notice this tree in the background, and I really like it!  I've always been drawn to jewel tones, and this, dare I say ombre design, is unique and pretty imo.

Screenshot (121).png

Yes, I can't stand to try to listen to her presentations.  She's an unbearable motormouth and her voice is too high in pitch.  Instant click.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Lady J said:

Did anyone see Lisa Mason last night ? I just wondered how she made out.

She did ok. Nikki was absent from the show, not "feeling well." Lisa started off her spiel talking/crying about Gino. It came very close to uncomfortable.

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, Girlydiva53 said:

She did ok. Nikki was absent from the show, not "feeling well." Lisa started off her spiel talking/crying about Gino. It came very close to uncomfortable.

Oh boy, not good.  Didn't that happen during her short-lived 'come back' to QVC a couple of years ago?

• Like 12

49 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Oh boy, not good.  Didn't that happen during her short-lived 'come back' to QVC a couple of years ago?

I remember that "come back" and I felt second-hand embarrassment for her... it was just so uncomfortable to watch...

• Like 12

Just now, leFay said:

I remember that "come back" and I felt second-hand embarrassment for her... it was just so uncomfortable to watch...

Yeah, I don't know how successful I would be in the same circumstances, because I'm an emotional, heart-on-my-sleeve person, big time.  Still, I don't know if I would sign up for something if I didn't think I could control my emotions.  They do have to eat though.

• Like 11

19 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Yeah, I don't know how successful I would be in the same circumstances, because I'm an emotional, heart-on-my-sleeve person, big time.  Still, I don't know if I would sign up for something if I didn't think I could control my emotions.  They do have to eat though.

Maybe she will have more control when she comes back in Jan.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Lisa started off her spiel talking/crying about Gino. It came very close to uncomfortable.

but why?

she could just have said how happy she was to be back talking about jewelry or something like that, and keep the personal back story off topic.  If she goes down again; because it gets personal it's on her.  

those that are fans know her story, and those that are new --it won't matter out of the gate

Edited by hummingbird
  • Like 10

Her personal life and professional life should be kept separate. I remember watching her on QVC and feeling so uncomfortable when she’d talk about her husband and his illness. That is not the way to sell me anything(!) much less jewelry. Having said that, I did like her and her presentations on that channel. I do hope she’ll move on and pay attention to her job. Leave the personal stuff at home.

Just had another thought about Lisa. Does she think that if she makes us feel sorry for them or think they need money for his medical care that we’ll order more stuff from her? Oh, boy. I really hope not because the opposite is true for me! 

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Does she think that if she makes us feel sorry for them or think they need money for his medical care that we’ll order more stuff from her?

My gut reaction is no, but hey, who knows?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

Her personal life and professional life should be kept separate. I remember watching her on QVC and feeling so uncomfortable when she’d talk about her husband and his illness. That is not the way to sell me anything(!) much less jewelry. Having said that, I did like her and her presentations on that channel. I do hope she’ll move on and pay attention to her job. Leave the personal stuff at home.

Just had another thought about Lisa. Does she think that if she makes us feel sorry for them or think they need money for his medical care that we’ll order more stuff from her? Oh, boy. I really hope not because the opposite is true for me! 

That's what I was thinking that her motivation was, since she did the same thing upon her return to the Q.

I wish Gino all the best, and am truly glad that he's found a treatment that is working, but I don't need her to invoke him during the process of selling me something. That is crass, IMO. Say he's doing well and refer viewers to her blog for more info, and move on.

• Like 13

1 minute ago, DownTheShore said:

That's what I was thinking that her motivation was, since she did the same thing upon her return to the Q.

I wish Gino all the best, and am truly glad that he's found a treatment that is working, but I don't need her to invoke him during the process of selling me something. That is crass, IMO. Say he's doing well and refer viewers to her blog for more info, and move on.

I like her, but I agree.  They can call these things "girlfriend chats" all they want.  They aren't.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I like her, but I agree.  They can call these things "girlfriend chats" all they want.  They aren't.

Too bad she left QVC, old Skunky would have gotten a lot of mileage out of poor Geno's illness.

• Like 6

19 hours ago, Girlydiva53 said:

I totally forgot to tune in - thanks for the review.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, leFay said:

Is that right?  Did Lisa get emotional over selling the goods?  I don't remember that or never was watching when it happened.  

I do remember how quickly she left, however, after that comeback.... that definitely raised some eyebrows.

• Like 7

Scott - or - Tommy (I don't know the difference) keeps calling Alexandrite, "AlexandERite".  Oh sure.  Such gem experts over there at JTV.  *snerk*.   They inspire such confidence.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Scott - or - Tommy (I don't know the difference) keeps calling Alexandrite, "AlexandERite".  Oh sure.  Such gem experts over there at JTV.  *snerk*.   They inspire such confidence.

Tommy has a glass eye.  Occasionally it gets wonky.  I am not proud of it, but when it goes wonky, I watch in fascination until he wrangles it back in.

Anyhoo.....that is the easiest way to tell them apart.

• Like 12