Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E07: Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, funnygirl said:

And because of this, even female-led Shondaland isn't immune to misogyny. Isaiah Washington was welcomed back years later after being heinous to a fellow cast member with his words and outing said cast member, thus getting fired for it. Katherine Heigl speaks her mind about material she was getting, which I understand in a business full of narcissists from top to bottom was not the smartest move, and she all but gets ex-communicated. Shonda can be very petty, and she clearly holds Heigl more accountable for her situation than she ever did Isaiah. I actually think that the Isaiah firing was more of a call from the network and not Shonda. 

I feel like Meredith won her Harper Avery too soon. I agree with those who've expressed how fast it all happened, and I think this is something that would've been better served towards the end of the series. Now there's not really anywhere for Meredith to go career-wise, she already got the crowning achievement. I just feel like they took away a great professional storyline opportunity to really see Meredith work on something long-term to get her to the grand prize. 

5 hours ago, moonorchid said:

I don’t think it was as simple as she criticized the writing but if I remember correctly that was the worst of it, and see as Isaiah was allowed back and Katherine was very open with her thoughts about the Isaiah/TR situation, it’s not hard to see whose side Shonda eventually landed on. 

Its unfortunate, I know Katherine has been very outspoken on the writing for this show, going as far as refusing to put her work in for Emmy consideration, she was certainly bratty and “diva” like back then if I remember, but so much time has passed and Shonda and Katherine have both grown, seems ridiculous to still hold on to this grudge. 

Izzie got a lot of mentions and that was nice, but the greys Twitter had posted a tribute video to the top 300 greys moments and there were notable absences: izzie, Derek, George, and Burke.

I don't justify what Katherine Heigle did, but I also don't expect Shonda will forgive her. She seems to me like someone who holds the grudge.  As far as I see it with Heigl is personal for her and with Isaiah is not. So it was easy personally for her to bring him back (there could be trouble from others maybe -is that correct? English isn't my native...) but to bring back someone who personally and publicly offender her? Well Tylor Swift can answer that - ' we are never ever ever... getting back together' :)

Actually I think Shonda and Tylor would get on with each other ;)

4 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

That is an awfully lot for us to infer.

Well, Sarah Ramirez got a job on another show, so maybe they decided Callie definitely wouldn't be coming back and they should write a storyline about Sofia without her? 

I am guessing we will be learning more about why Sofia is suddenly back in upcoming episodes. They didn't bring her back to have her with an unseen nanny all the time. like the other kids on the show.

Really? Which show?

3 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Ha! 

Same here. I feel like we’re finally at the point where we are getting to a good place with the characters having decent storylines and screen time and now we have all these newbies I don’t care about.  It seemed like the only point of introducing the new class was for that last scene where Alex and Meredith kicked them out of the tunnel to celebrate. 

Once again I don't like any of the new interns...

I guess I don’t like the patient banter when they have life threatening injuries yet they are arguing back and forth with each other. So a lot of it didn’t work for me.  

And Greys (and other tv and movies) need to try a new hook up technique than the cliche move of the woman jumping up and wrapping their legs around the man.    It’s so overdone.  Also the right after sex cliche scenes when they both fall back out of breath.   I’m sure there are some original romantic, erotic, or raunchy ideas they can think of.

• Love 2

The out of breath stuff just gets on my nerves.  Not to mention dripping in sweat.  Also, what's with the frantic pawing of each other, and throwing each other up against a wall?  And don't even try ripping my clothes off, lol.   On another thread there was also discussion about sweeping everything off the table/desk to have sex.  Do not break my stuff.  

• Love 1
18 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

On November 10, 2017 at 10:57 AM, jschoolgirl said:

We were to infer that Alex accompanied Meredith to Bainbridge Island for a visit to Derek's grave. We were also to infer that Meredith "talked with" Derek about the award.

That is an awfully lot for us to infer.

That's exactly what I thought Meredith was doing, talking it over with Derek.

• Love 3

I didn't think that Baby Cristina looked like Sandra Oh other than they're both Asian.  I couldn't find the actress's name, is she Korean too?

On 11/10/2017 at 10:12 AM, Chas411 said:

I kind of thought he'd have been the one she stared at in the galley instead of her mother but to have two of them would be overkill and I get why the had her mother there instead.

I liked that the three people closest to Derek were the ones who remembered him:  Meredith on the boat; Amelia in the surgery; and Zola telling Maggie that she wanted to be a brain surgeon like her father.

On 11/10/2017 at 3:35 PM, OtterMommy said:

This was an episode that really reminded me that Ellen Pompeo is probably the weakest actress, in my opinion, on this show.  When Cristina was on, it wasn't as noticeable as Sandra Oh was so good.  And, since she's left, the show seems to have become less about Meredith and more about the ensemble, but this one was about Meredith...and it just didn't work for me.

For me it's a combination of Pompeo's acting and the fact that I don't find Meredith all that interesting as a person but she's always the most iportant person evah. Yes, the surgery was interesting (and not completely innovative since someone had done it before) but so was the surgery Amelia did in the same episode and there was zero question of Amelia being nominated.  And Cristina deserved the Harper Avery for her work but she had no chance to get it.

On 11/10/2017 at 9:33 PM, txhorns79 said:

I'd also tell Bailey to grow up.  Her point about Ben randomly switching practices within his profession, and now suddenly wanting to be a fireman is well taken, but she's handling it like a child.

I'm tired of most of the adult characters on this show acting like children from Richard and Catherine on down.

On 11/10/2017 at 4:45 PM, kariyaki said:

That wasn’t really a “feed” they set up, that was more like the awards were being broadcasted somewhere (on the internet at the very least) and they hooked up the OR televisions to it. 

But there's no reason they couldn't have set up a real feed with a laptop and Skype.  Why did no one think of that since she's so special?

• Love 2
On 11/11/2017 at 7:04 PM, chitowngirl said:

Madam Secretary

Odd, thought Sara said she wanted a break from TV. So why would she sign on to another TV show on a different network? Shondaland cant be happy about. 

On rewatch I don't hate the season 9 interns I actually quite liked them - they didn't become hateful until season 10 when they were made regulars and even at that i only hated Leah mainly and Shane moderately. Jo and Stephanie didn't bother me. This group seems more likeable. 

• Love 1

For me it's a combination of Pompeo's acting and the fact that I don't find Meredith all that interesting as a person but she's always the most iportant person evah.

I'm not sure whether Ellen Pompeo is a good actress or not, but her reactions to seeing the "Babies", were hysterical, especially when she saw Baby Izzie. Not sure if it was good acting or just her and Justin Chambers having fun, but it was pretty entertaining.

I also liked Bailey yelling at DeLuca and the intern he cant keep his hands off of and it was a great flashback to her old persona.

• Love 2

I forgot that I skipped the last episode. I guess I'll have to watch it to see how the Italian woman ended up with Owen, the new interns, the girl who was accused of following someone there, etc. 

I liked the ending, and it was nice to see them happy. 

I liked the ending, and it was nice to see them happy. 

Maybe that is why I liked this episode so much. As Jackson said in his speech, Meredith has been through a lot and it was nice to see her happy. Every character has had tons of bad stuff happen (I don't have time to list it all), but it was nice to see them happy....even if for just one episode. 

And for once, no one died.  ER was the first show where the patient of the week often could not be saved and this show continued it, often in spectacular fashion with characters literally being blown up, but it was nice to just have a happy episode.

• Love 3
On 14-11-2017 at 10:27 AM, Anela said:

I forgot that I skipped the last episode. I guess I'll have to watch it to see how the Italian woman ended up with Owen, the new interns, the girl who was accused of following someone there, etc. 

Don't bother: Italian woman and Owen were talking, next scene Arizona and DeLuca walk in on them making out; the new interns are a bunch of the ones who were interviewed (and ridiculed) by Webber and Bailey a few eps back and just showed up; the girl accused of following DeLuca is an intern, all we saw of their previous interactions is them staring at each other in shock when they came across each other.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Efzee said:

Don't bother: Italian woman and Owen were talking, next scene Arizona and DeLuca walk in on them making out; the new interns are a bunch of the ones who were interviewed (and ridiculed) by Webber and Bailey a few eps back and just showed up; the girl accused of following DeLuca is an intern, all we saw of their previous interactions is them staring at each other in shock when they came across each other.

Thanks. :)

Am I the only one who wanted the interns in the hallway to say, "Who here feels like they have no idea what they're doing?"  and then all the hands go up . . . I was seriously waiting for that until Mer and Alex came in and said "Scram this is our spot."   Which was also awesome.   

I just watched this one.  I've got to admit that I teared up when Alex described the life he wants to believe Izzie has and he doesn't call her because he imagines her as being happy and wants it to stay that way. 

I think the cancer came back and Izzie is dead.   And in his gut, Alex knows it.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

I just watched this one.  I've got to admit that I teared up when Alex described the life he wants to believe Izzie has and he doesn't call her because he imagines her as being happy and wants it to stay that way. 

I think the cancer came back and Izzie is dead.   And in his gut, Alex knows it.

Yeah, at first I thought he meant that if he called her, it would bring unhappiness to her life, which makes sense to me given his long-standing inferiority complex when it comes to Izzie.   But then I realized that he doesn't really want to know, for exactly the reason you said.  Either way, the scene was really well done.

• Love 1