Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
CuriousParker

Shop HQ: Evine No More; Shop HQ Again

ShopHQ is really, really pushing the pandemic-related stuff these days; I guess they realize they have a limited about of time before things like hand sanitizer show up at the stores again.  Plus a lot of people have options when it comes to facemasks, whether at the store, make it yourself, have someone make some for you, buy online elsewhere, etc.

Some of their facemasks are on Advanced Order, with in-home delivery by July 3.  People are willing to wait that long?

• Useful 3

Lol, what gets me is that there are that many people willing to spend ridiculous amounts of money on their beervirus products. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

It appears that Deb Murray may be done with ShopHQ.  Can't blame her; she was flying to MSP from Florida to do the kitchen/food shows and only did a handful of remote appearances since mid-March.  Plus the ShopHQ brand of cookware she primarily hawked, Cook's Companion, isn't seen on-air a whole lot anymore.  They're mainly focusing on cooking items from the Deens and Shaq.

• Useful 1

Michael V. will be back on with GEV shows later this week and weekend. One of the very few sellers I care to see on ShopHQ nowadays.

• Like 1

According to the schedule on Comcast, the GEV shows start tomorrow night and run off and on til Sat.morning  at midnight. Hope he has something new to show, but I have a feeling like it's going to be leftovers for clearance, lol. 

• Like 1

Watching the GEV show tonight, looks like there are some  new items. Love that color change(purple to hot pink)  garnet, JTV sells it too but JTV's  looks like dogshit compared Michael's. 

• Like 1

To give them credit, they didn't try to sugarcoat it with fancy words and phrases.  Their statement is as clear as day that they are in serious financial trouble.  They have already laid off hundreds of employees this year, and got rid of a bunch more in the latter part of 2019.  Basically if a host gets shown the door you can guarantee dozens or even a few hundred behind the scenes people went with them. 

If you work there it's probably a good idea to keep your resume updated.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

No wonder they're going down the drain; their current fashion show has some ugly items, and some of those are so cheaply constructed it's embarrassing.

• Like 3

I saw Chuck's debut show this afternoon on ShopLC. He looked great and seemed to be having so much fun letting loose and selling lots of diamond jewelry and spreading joy. He was on with Kim who used to be on JTV for years. He said at the beginning of the show that he's had a connection with ShopLC for years as they have made the STS products for him for years. The ShopLC network  is a breath of fresh air, everyone has so much fun presenting there,laugh a minute. Yes, they do sell masks,thermometers etc. like the other channels, but they discount them so much more. 

• Like 3

On 5/15/2020 at 6:01 PM, Coffeecup said:

I'm still sticking with ShopHQ because of their jewelry -- Michael Valitutti, Chuck Clemency, Samuel B., and a few others.  I haven't been able to get interested in their other merchandise. Don't like Invicta watches, or any of their fashions or cosmetics.

Chuck Clemency is now on ShopLC.  Was on all weekend and says he'll never leave.  Made a lot of shaded comment about his old network, lol.

• Like 2

I just went to the ShopHQ website to look at their Christmas decorations. Wow, they have a lot of beautiful things for indoor use!  They blow QVC's Christmas in July out of the water with their "Halfway to Christmas" items, much nicer than the VP Hill things. The ShopHQ items are much more expensive, especially the Lladro and Mark Roberts decorations, but they are so nice. I might even say they are "elevated."  😁

• Like 3

I noticed they had a Lladro show today.  Didn’t QVC sell it years ago?

• Like 1
  • Surprise 1

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

I noticed they had a Lladro show today.  Didn’t QVC sell it years ago?

Yes they did.  It's where I bought a few pieces on Collector's Corner hosted by Bob Bowersox.  They also sold Spode which Jorge advertised as being the first network to sell Spode--Liar Liar Pants On Fire!

• Laugh 1
  • Surprise 2

OMG, every freaking time I flip to this channel they have the douche bros. showing their shit. People are going to get fed up with them ,just like they are already fed up seeing the Invicta shows. 

• Like 1

Years ago, before it was a shop HQ mainstay, One World clothing was really cute. All cotton. Bohemian style. Available in Macy's. At some point, they totally changed to using fake fabrics.  Nothing I hate more than a bouncy top (but I guess a lot of people like them) or something that looks like it came off the assembly line in the millions. I guess the appeal is easy care, easy wear. But to me, just not pretty. 

Especially the current item being shown with an accordion "bustle".  The host, Erin, said something about this being great because if you get a burrito at the beginning of the day, you don't know what you will look like by the end of the day. I'm assuming she meant the possibility of bloating, but it sounded more like the size of one's behind might  grow exponentially from eating a single food item. Not furrowing my brow one more minute to figure out that one. 

• Laugh 2

I do agree that One World used to be pretty attractive and it was so reasonably priced. I never did buy any, but when I would watch I would be actually tempted. It was almost like pricing at TJM and the like. I don't recall ever having seen it at Macy's (but then I rarely ventured to Macy's in the last 15 years or so. The one near us was horrible. Some I know are much better than others.....ours was pretty lousy).

• Like 1

Saw Michael V. on today with some GEV items. Looks like Michael and Paul are doing an hour together coming up Fri. night? Editted: Looks like they are doing another hour show on Sat. 

Edited by One4Sorrow2TooBad
  • Useful 1

Looking at ShopHQ's schedule (can't watch it on air right now), it is day-by-day increasingly turning into the Invicta, Medic Therapudics, and Dubrow Channel.  Even more so, they are changing their schedule on the fly on a daily basis.  You can't rely on it, except for seeing more of the former.

Edited by letusprocrastinate
  • Like 5

You are so right letusprocrastinate, I looked last night on Comcast's  ShopHQ's schedule and the Paul and Michael shows have disappeared. I will be surprised if Coin Shoppe 2 hr. show on Sunday morning  at midnight will even happen. The Douche Bros. couple will probably be shown instead. 

• Like 2

Host Erin and someone else, maybe the OAP, were singing patriotic songs on this morning’s Saturday fashion day.  Noooooooo.

Now selling masks again — one set is patriotic, advance sale July 17.

• Surprise 1

Gemporia was supposed to have a 2 hour presentation this morning, not happening, looks like it got replaced with more douche bros. crap. 

• Sad 1

My mom is so worried with the way everything is, she had to have one of those Dr. Dubrow room sanitizing lamps. I remember mentioning I had my evine snafu a few years back and swore off buying, but since it's my mom I went through with it. I didn't mind helping pay for it but warning...

...order placed July 1st. Estimated delivery July 13th. Spoke to customer service yesterday, and they actually said this is a known, recurring issue with this specific brand. They blamed the brand warehouse. By the end of it, basically, the lamp should be delivered by late July.

The other thing is, they don't send out any emails. I only remembered the order becuase over the weekend the payment was on my card statement. But I noticed I didn't get any order confirmation/processing emails. I went through all my email/spam/junk folders and nothing. Also noted by CS because I mentioned this.

Basically, a month will go by. Just a warning in case anyone was possibly interested. Did tell my mom, you know, we'll have paid two value pays and still not have the item. But she really wants the lamp.

I just posted an issue with QVC as well. I had one order with HSN. So far, HSN seems to be the one, running normal.

Edited by AKA...CJ86 · Reason: You had 1 job auto correct, lol.
  • Surprise 4

The fact that a company doesn't maintain some kind of communication through email  with the customer after the sale tells me they don't give a rat's ass about you after they've got your money. Good luck getting that light soon, seems like more and more companies are playing this game where you pay them now and wait till the item comes into stock and then_ you have to deal with a problematic shipping by USPS to your home or business.  USPS is having major issues especially after what's come down this last week. DYODD on the it if you aren't informed yet. 

• Like 1
  • Surprise 1

Has anyone ordered MacKenzie-Childs items?     Will admit I am strangely attracted to the shows, but the prices throw me off.   Yowza.   They now have a blue color that I do like, in that checked pattern.  But $$$ .

Hosts Kathy and Melissa are over the moon for this brand.

No one I know  would  appreciate the value.  And by that, I mean the EXPENSE of these items! 😁😁😁  I would never know except for ShopHQ.

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 2

If ShopHQ's parent company makes it through the end of the year without declaring bankruptcy (probably Chapter 11) I'll be shocked.

I know there are people thinking Q is nearing its end, but ShopHQ's parent company is way ahead of Qurate.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

I LOVE Mackenzie Childs items, but have managed to not buy anything because I could never justify the prices. I love looking at their catalogs, but it has to be used sparingly, or else it becomes too much, visually. Plus, the woman who I think is their OAP reminds me too much of Mary Englebreit and I got over that trend decades ago.

The main issue I have with ShopHQ is their shipping rates. This morning, an air fryer oven from SHAQ was $20 for shipping. No thanks.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Like 3
  • Surprise 2

11 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I LOVE Mackenzie Childs items, but have managed to not buy anything because I could never justify the prices. I love looking at their catalogs, but it has to be used sparingly, or else it becomes too much, visually. Plus, the woman who I think is their OAP reminds me too much of Mary Englebreit and I got over that trend decades ago.

The main issue I have with ShopHQ is their shipping rates. This morning, an air fryer oven from SHAQ was $20 for shipping. No thanks.

Their shipping rates are ridiculous.  For example, they've sold Lock n Lock that they acquired as overstock and charged $10 for shipping for maybe 3 containers with lids.

• Like 2
  • Surprise 1

Wait awhile and we'll probably see those Lock n lock items being sold on Shop LC at 70% what ShopHQ is selling them. I agree with others here that  I would be surprised if ShopHQ will survive for another year. 

• Useful 1

ShopHQ keeps sinking and sinking. Not only can you never rely on their program schedule to reflect what is really on, but that bs Medic Therapy is on every other hour it seems. If I have to see Terry Dubr oi was big nose on my screen one more time, I'll hurl. 

And yesterday I was watching fashion and they were selling a pair of 3 strap sandals. The one they were selling was pink and when the host peeled back the velcro strap there was a big yellow stain. Next strap was dirty underneath too. And the foot bed was filthy, looked like it had been worn in the mud. If they cant afford to spare even one new shoe to showcase, they are beyond salvation. 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

Looks like Gems En Vogue  has gone rogue or what?  I haven't seen jack from the ShopHQ schedule on them and now this about GEV has their own website with a video with the lovely Libby Floyd and mention of Paul Deasy? Where is Michael???? 

• Like 1
  • Surprise 1

Yes, the GeV website is up, and you can shop, even though they are still in the process of adding products. (Paul Deasy's jewelry is coming soon.) The prices on Michael's products are pretty good. The site seems to be a little wonky (they are using the Shopify platform), but I plan to order something next week. I'm making notes now on things I like.

Michael is not on the "Our Team" page, but I suspect he is waiting out the end of a non-compete contract with ShopHQ.

https://www.gemsenvogue.com/

Edited by Coffeecup

18 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Yes, the GeV website is up, and you can shop, even though they are still in the process of adding products. (Paul Deasy's jewelry is coming soon.) The prices on Michael's products are pretty good. The site seems to be a little wonky (they are using the Shopify platform), but I plan to order something next week. I'm making notes now on things I like.

Michael is not on the "Our Team" page, but I suspect he is waiting out the end of a non-compete contract with ShopHQ.

https://www.gemsenvogue.com/

There is supposed to be a 2-hour Gems en Vogue this evening from 7-9 eastern.

Then on August 5 there is two hours of Michael Valitutti Gemstone Collections.

After that, nothing from either through the 13th (they only put their schedule online for 2 weeks' worth of programming).

And looking at the GeV section of the ShopHQ website, most of the items are 40-75% off.

So perhaps like you said, his non-compete is nearing an end.  At the very least ShopHQ won't be using the GeV title after today.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

According to the Gems en Vogue facebook page, Michael is no longer with them.  He is staying with ShopHQ.

So tonight is the last GeV show on SHQ, and Michael's last time repping under that name.  They're definitely showing a lot of limited quantity and clearance items.

Michael Valittuti's Gemstones has a few shows scheduled August 5 and 6.

Guess the issue was waiting for GeV and SHQ to officially divorce before GeV could get its website going (no wonder they were randomly dropping scheduled shows lately).  Fatima, the host, is only talking about Michael and his products and how wonderful he is and ignoring the GeV name.

• Useful 2
  • Surprise 1

Wow, that's a surprise! Michael gave up the Gems en Vogue brand? I never thought that would happen.

I wonder what his new line for ShopHQ will look like, and what the price range will be. Guess we'll find out on the 5th.

• Useful 1
  • Surprise 1

I hope he keeps up his high quality of better grades of gemstones and using palladium mixed with silver. The GEV pieces I bought last year look beautiful and the higher grades of gemstones are so_ much better than those I've purchased from JTV  and Shop LC.. Of course I had to pay a bit more for GEV, it was worth it because the GEV gemstones had better cutting, cleaner, deeper saturated color. You get what you pay for, and I'm not trying to knock JTV or ShopLC, because for the crazy,discounted prices I paid , I have been fairly pleased with my purchases .

I have complained about this before, but why do so many One World tops and dresses have patterns that give the appearance of horizontal stripes?!  So unflattering.   

Becky (who I love) just said it was hot as Hades outside (where she and the models are) and I can tell you for a fact that it is NOT!  Here in the Minneapolis-St. Paul metro area, it’s  a breezy, low humidity day in the low 70’s.  Tsk tsk.

• Laugh 2

2 hours ago, letusprocrastinate said:

😮

https://homeshoppingista.wordpress.com/2020/08/04/shophq-to-launch-health-network/

Going to be available in 15 million homes?  That's a drop in the bucket.  Wonder if they're just going to show reruns from the main channel.

Might as well call it the DuBrow Shopping Network.  He/They are on the main network allllllll the time.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2

This is making my head hurt:  Michael has not left Gems en Vogue and he is making his last appearance on ShopHQ today from 4-6 p.m. Eastern.

So even as late as last weekend he was leaving GeV and staying with SHQ and now the reverse is the case.

Wonder what this means for the future of SHQ host Heather Hall's jewelry line, since Michael was heavily involved with it and from what I understand GeV made the pieces.  Given how she and Michael are talking, her line is likely going bye-bye too.

• Useful 2

I didn't catch all of the 2 hours last night, but I got impression Michael was selling off what little GEV inventory( items he's shown at many previous presentations, nothing new) he owned? and was basically hawking Hall of Style items (old stock,nothing new?)  Honestly, it was a little sad to watch , I felt really sorry for Michael , he had spent so _ many years of his career  selling lovely GEV products and I didn't see anything at all last night that caught my eye.  I truly hope he leaves ShopHQ and gets an opportunity on another channel where he can bring his superior level of quality and beautiful jewelry compared to the usual stuff out there.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

I didn't catch all of the 2 hours last night, but I got impression Michael was selling off what little GEV inventory( items he's shown at many previous presentations, nothing new) he owned? and was basically hawking Hall of Style items (old stock,nothing new?)  Honestly, it was a little sad to watch , I felt really sorry for Michael , he had spent so _ many years of his career  selling lovely GEV products and I didn't see anything at all last night that caught my eye.  I truly hope he leaves ShopHQ and gets an opportunity on another channel where he can bring his superior level of quality and beautiful jewelry compared to the usual stuff out there.  

You got it right:  It was all old GeV and Hall of Style inventory in whatever quantities they had left to sell.  At the end there was a "Thanks for the 22 years" and that was the end of his time and GeV's time at SHQ (although they are still selling leftover stock on the website).

From what I'm seeing, he's going to be focused on contributing to the new GeV website, since the company is now going to sell jewelry directly (gemsenvogue at the dot com).  Along with him, there is Paul Deasy, a cubic zirconia brand, and another brand from "international designers" that will be appearing in the future. 

Somehow I don't get the sense he'll be back on another TV shopping channel anytime soon. 

I also get the sense there will be one or two more jewelry vendors leaving SHQ by the end of the year.

• Useful 2

I'm sorry to see Michael go, but ShopHQ has just gotten impossible. They are flailing around every which way. First they went all in for Invicta watches, and now it's Dr. Dubrow stuff. It makes me sad, when I remember what a wonderful jewelry selection they had back in the days when gold was $400 per ounce. I will always treasure the beautiful gold jewelry I bought from them.

I'm glad Michael's designs will be available on the new website. I've already been over there browsing.

• Like 1

I am so glad that Michael is staying with GEV,  for some reason I thought he and GEV had parted ways, and for that I was sad.  It doesn't bother me at all that he won't be on ShopHQ,lol, that channel  jumped the shark when Invicta and Douche Bros. decided to monopolize about 12 hours  of each day, viewers are sick of them.   Hoping Michael continues to bring us he awesome quality GEV gemstones and palladium and silver mix with the gold on the new website!

• Like 1