Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

I still think Jasmine got bumped for social media posts and her photo with the Dallas Cowboy.

I kind of agree.  I think they let her finish out the year to not draw attention to the situation but still made her pay for it by not having her back.  Sorry, but she is still a better performer and dancer than say, Colby Hanks.  You can't tell me every rookie they took to camp was better/more potential than Jasmine, especially with all her previous years of experience. The only thing that annoys me is that if they did have a discussion with her about the photo with the football player, then they should have warned her they wouldn't bring her back next year.  She seemed legit ready for another season and that just makes me feel bad.

• Love 2

Thong bikini bottoms = Classy/girl next door/America's sweetheart-esque. You didn't know? Ha

And they wonder why they aren't taken seriously as dancers.

• Love 2

Maybe that's why Angela didn't go. I know a lot of people wouldn't see it this way, but I think there is a difference between performing in tights and a long sleeve shirt that shows your belly, and prancing around on a stage in a thong. I can even see where someone would be OK with the pictures for the calendar but not the "fashion show."

• Love 1

Based on that video, I'm predicting breelan and jasmine were cut for weight

Jazmine always seemed a bit thicker than the rest of the girls. But I think the main reason she was cut was because she underperformed and her solo/audition may have not represented her the best way.

• Love 1

Maybe that's why Angela didn't go. I know a lot of people wouldn't see it this way, but I think there is a difference between performing in tights and a long sleeve shirt that shows your belly, and prancing around on a stage in a thong. I can even see where someone would be OK with the pictures for the calendar but not the "fashion show."

I totally agree, the Fashion Show seems more like a body show... Personally I also wouldn't feel comfortable with some of the calender outfits or poses, but I would feel okay in the uniform on the field. Of course people judge their bodies in the uniform, but the swimsuit stuff objectifies them even more..

Jazmine always seemed a bit thicker than the rest of the girls. But I think the main reason she was cut was because she underperformed and her solo/audition may have not represented her the best way.

Agree. She's actually slimmer than she was to start out with and kind of cut. She's just naturally thicker.

I also don't think they would have let her finish last year if the so called picture thing would have been a huge deal.

You are probably right...it just kills me that they'd get rid of her for her dancing when she was STILL better and more experienced than a number of the new girls! I guess that's just how it goes though with vets.

They have been doing the fashion show for years, even before Angela made the squad.  She has participated in them and it's not a big secret that the girls are modeling bikinis.  I mean, they try them on before they go to Mexico.

(edited)

I still think Jasmine got bumped for social media posts and her photo with the Dallas Cowboy.

[/quote

Refresh my memory, what was the post about?

Edited by MrsEVH

I think that if they cared about this, they would have cut her right away. I think it had to be something else or a collection of things (of which the post could have been one). 

I think that if they cared about this, they would have cut her right away. I think it had to be something else or a collection of things (of which the post could have been one). 

I think it was a collection, too. Slight weight issues, being performed and yes, those social media comments (what appeared to be fraternizing with players and the 'oh, yay, CMT crews are back' comment). She was on the bubble, and her bubble burst. I still hate to see her go, though.

• Love 1

Yes they are paid for appearances.  I believe rookies may not be paid initially and that the top pay for veterans is $200.  Correct me if I am misspeaking!

I actually read somewhere a few years ago (and if I can find it I will post it) that they pay per your tenure (i.e. Two years = $200; Three years = $300, etc..) but it caps out at some point.

This is random, but I'm in New Zealand right now and they had a story on the news that they're putting together an exhibition NFL game here for early next year with retired, unsigned players etc. they said that DCC will be at the game and that they're in negotiations to shoot their calendar in NZ....no idea if it's true or not. April in NZ is kind of chilly! It would be beautiful though.

Saw this on Twitter.  https://twitter.com/DCC_Jinelle/status/612464573384232960  It's Veronica, Jinelle, Nicole & Jasmine.  Wondering if it's something "official" for DCC or if the girls were offered to do it on their own time.  Especially since Jinelle is the only current DCC in the pic.

Jacie also is a model or whatever for Sunlovin' Roots. The only pics I've ever seen before this one have been Schram, Jacie and Jinelle.  Man, Nicole models for everything!!

Love love love Jasmine's hair...she looks gorgeous!

Jinelle is definitely teeny but I didn't realize Roni was so skinny too!!

• Love 1

Jacie also is a model or whatever for Sunlovin' Roots. The only pics I've ever seen before this one have been Schram, Jacie and Jinelle. Man, Nicole models for everything!!

Love love love Jasmine's hair...she looks gorgeous!

Jinelle is definitely teeny but I didn't realize Roni was so skinny too!!

Veronica looks thin for someone who was always called out for weight.

I'm not. Why would it matter?

I'm not. Why would it matter?

If they are current DCC they are not allowed to represent DCC sponsored ,that's why Brooke Nix waits DCC to retire before hiring them  

I don't know what to tell you...Jinelle and Jacie are openly models for sunlovin' roots...JAcie has a picture on her insta from just like week with sunlovin roots tank.  Maybe it's ok if they just model the clothing and aren't like owners? 

• Love 2

scorpio1031 i just googled it is the most bizarre ad i have ever seen haha, i don't know i about this one but i know it's a rule only things DCC related

She have lost alot of weight since then

I never understood being an AllStar after retiring. I guess the pressure isn't on as much and you still get to dance and travel with your friends..and you don't really have any true obligations to uphold..and it's not an every day thing..

...okay, maybe I do understand.

• Love 2

I never understood being an AllStar after retiring. I guess the pressure isn't on as much and you still get to dance and travel with your friends..and you don't really have any true obligations to uphold..and it's not an every day thing..

...okay, maybe I do understand.

You still have to say in great shape though and watch your weight...that would be the biggest pressure for me lol  Maybe these girls are all at the point where they know what to do to stay there but I'd be like, ugh, let me relax and eat a pizza.  Love the "group 5" though...I miss Jackie Bob!!

• Love 2

She does look very thin there, and she was called out for weight at least her last two seasons, but as a rookie and a 2nd year, Veronica had, IMO, one of the best bodies on the squad.  My bet is that she started gaining weight as she got older and her metabolism slowed, and that the stress from trying to control/limit the weight gain impeded her ability to do so, and now that she's off the squad and out from under the microscope and DCC scale, she's better able to maintain her weight.  Last season she said she worked out every day, so it's not like she was slacking off, and bodies do respond negatively to stress.  My heart hurt for her last year.  She seemed so unhappy and frustrated with her body (which most of us would kill for) , and I've just always thought she is beautiful and charming and seemed like one of those DCC who's as lovely on the inside as she is on the outside.  I wish her the best!  

• Love 2

I hate the whole All-stars thing , it's great for people who retire on every aspect but i sucks for people who are still on the team. A lot of DCCs have a hard time keeping and finding jobs bec of DCC and i think this all-star is kinda of a slap in the face IMO. A lot of these girls who maybe are not on show group and not of the main glamour girls like Paige or Mary would benefit from these small appearances money wise and would help with their status on the team. There are taking money out of the girls who are on the team pockets or maybe if the would cancel this all-star thing the girls on the team would get a raise bec at this point Kelli is keeping an extra 10 girls on the pay roll.

I hate the whole All-stars thing , it's great for people who retire on every aspect but i sucks for people who are still on the team. A lot of DCCs have a hard time keeping and finding jobs bec of DCC and i think this all-star is kinda of a slap in the face IMO. A lot of these girls who maybe are not on show group and not of the main glamour girls like Paige or Mary would benefit from these small appearances money wise and would help with their status on the team. There are taking money out of the girls who are on the team pockets or maybe if the would cancel this all-star thing the girls on the team would get a raise bec at this point Kelli is keeping an extra 10 girls on the pay roll.

I don't understand how it affects anyone still on the team at all. If you're talking about money wise, I don't think money is an issue at all. All Stars usually step in place when DCC is otherwise preoccupied with something..I think their purpose is mainly to make sure DCC always has a presence somewhere. 

• Love 1

I don't understand how it affects anyone still on the team at all. If you're talking about money wise, I don't think money is an issue at all. All Stars usually step in place when DCC is otherwise preoccupied with something..I think their purpose is mainly to make sure DCC always has a presence somewhere. 

That's what i thought too at first that all-stars work just during the time of training but when i started following DCC closely last year i noticed that they work year round and alot of time there are other girls available. and girls get paid by appearance i would rather girls that decided to stay and the entire life is DCC get the extra money than  the girls who decided to leave that alot of them when they leave they either have a new job or get married.