Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

I know it isn't about the DCC, but during the recent Patriots-Bengals game, the Patriots cheerleaders wore Bengals colors in support of Devon Still and his 4-year-old daughter Leah.  Leah is battling neuroblastoma.  The Bengals kept Devon on their roster so he could keep his health insurance, he's doing everything he can to support his daughter and Robert Kraft (the owner) is donating $25,000 to the Cincinatti Children's hospital (among other things)

Now, THIS is what I like about the NFL, not all that other junk (the perpetrators of which should be sidelined at best and in jail for the rest).

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 4

Agree that Jinelle is beautiful. She is a girl who has benefited from the DCC makeover (one of the few imo). She was always adorable, but all of the more recent photos I have seen have shown me a gorgeous woman who has grown into her look.

• Love 3

I cannot get that 2014 BCA halftime performance video to play.  It keeps stopping and saying "unresponsive".  I can only find far away shots of it on Youtube.  

Have you tried it in multiple browsers? I just clicked the link (using IE 11) and it worked fine for me.

Love that story Kelli wrote!!  She does have such a fun and funny side that I think we only catch glimpses of.  I went to a G or H when I was pregnant so understanding the growing and would also love to have a reduction!~!

• Love 1

Kelli posted the 2014 BCA halftime performance due to the high level of interest.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Uf2PQhEGfuY1laMHNhUXljX0k/view

Thank you for posting this, I hadn't seen it.  I am enjoying the back and forth on the costumes.  I totally agree they're better than those horrible minnie mouse get ups, which were cute for EXACTLY one second, and not a nano-second more.

but, agree with those who say these costumes are unflattering.  I can't decide if they remind me of the tacky stuff you'd see at Party City if you were planning a backyard luau (I'm thinking pink-plastic-fringe table clothes and hula skirts) or more of the paper fringe stuff you'd see for making pinatas or cheap-fringy-pinterest-trendy-hanger things.   It's too bad, the main uniforms are iconic, but clearly nobody feels it's important to spend a dime on any other performance wear. 

Surely their are some talented designers among the alumni who would love to stamp a real signature look on the Pink Performance?  They could spend some real money on something truly iconic and go with it a few years, rather than revolving the creepy Grown Up Sexy Mini Mouse/Paper Shredded Party City Hula Girl/Whatever is next crap.

Also, Kinzie looks amazing in the center- but I can't tell if it's her until towards the end.  is Caila in the center, then they switch her out for Kinzie?  Kinzie needs to be on camera more, she's a long-limbed, talented beauty!  Also love seeing Jenna, why is she in the  middle, isn't she more of a senior DCC at this point?  Wish they would put Ashley Michelle on camera more and Jinelle.  Why don't they have pink shoes to dance in?  The white shoes look like an after thought.

Isn't that just for last night's game, to go along with the whole arena "Blackout" idea, ontop of Halloween? That's my guess AND my hope. The new entrance was cool but DCC deserve to be in the spotlights.

• Love 2

Yes, the lighting was most likely for effect, homelife. Starting center field is great and give other girls camera time. The lines thing doesn't work from a distance. I can always spot someone who is off.  And, the best part was none of that stupid footage being played instead of the dancing!

Edited by pink317
  • Love 2

Not the best quality video... shot at a distance with scarce close up shots. This is only the 2nd half (ie Thriller, no red jackets). Jacie kills it as center!

Edited by pink317
  • Love 2

http://www.dallascowboys.com/audio/2014/06/26/air-cheerleaders-swimsuit-edition  Here is a link to the cheerleaders talking about the swimsuit calendar.  The link that is posted on DCC website is broken but I found this one.  Ahh now I am listening to this and it is not a new audio, but one from June and I actually saw a video of this but not sure why it is now being posted.  Emma and Jinelle are being interviewed.

Edited by McSavaney

Haha ByTor I just thought the exact same thing. "Bury her in the back, off the edge, maybe she won't be noticed," mutters Judy. "She scares me" says K.Finglass

• Love 1

The backwards-facing mask thing was just creepy and should have never made it onto the field.  Whoever came up with that whole routine probably thought it was "clever" and "unique".  Uh, no.  It wasn't.  It was just annoying and creepy.  I think they should lose more than the mask and the tux jackets, they should revamp the whole routine AND the costumes and bring in something more interesting and unique.  We see that they work with a lot of different choreographers during Training Camp.  I wouldn't be surprised if one of the many choreographers could come up with something new and different for Halloween, the Breast Cancer Awareness and Christmas (as well as Thanksgiving, if they wanted to).

As for Breelan, dear heavens girl, relax into it and have fun.  If you can't be confident in yourself and your dancing by NOW, you should turn in your uniform as soon as the season ends.  While she doesn't look scared to death, she also doesn't look like she's having ANY fun whatsoever and like she's trying to remember the steps.  She's a one-and-done unless she gets her act together and REALLY impresses Judy and Kelly from now on because, at the moment, I wouldn't be surprised if they're asking themselves why.  Some girls are bundles of nerves in Training Camp, but, if they make the squad, they pull it together by now and REALLY start to bring it.  The rest are one-and-done.  I'd be smiling from ear to ear if I was on that squad because it looks like helluva good time.

Edited by EricaShadows

ITA about Breelan, which is something of a turnaround for me.  I was rooting for her while watching the show, but if she's this far into the season and still can't perform, she will be a one-timer.  Which I think would be a shame.  In that brief close up, and when I caught glimpses of her in the group shots, she hardly looked like she knew the routine, and pretty much like she was marking it rather than performing.  Get it together, girl!  As EricaShadows said, that looks like way too much fun to even need to concentrate on smiling.  I bet she got blasted by Kelli and Judy for that, as I know they watch the screen carefully and give each DCC written feedback after every game.

As for the halftime show itself, I actually liked the opening dance, and I agree that Jacie killed it.  I love Holly as point girl, and as the most senior DCC in the Holly-Jacie-Emma triangle, I wanted her to get it this season, but I hope Jacie stays on the squad long enough to be point girl, too. But I don't want Holly to retire just yet, either.  

Speaking of, congrats to Holly for being the Sports Illustrated cheerleader of the week!  (I find it surprising, though, that they've done that for so long and never had chosen a single DCC before her.)  She and the other cheerleaders looked great in their photos, and I'm glad to see Katie getting to do more high profile appearances recently.  She's another of my favorites, and I hope she doesn't retire this season, since she just got engaged.  She seems so sweet and a little shy, which I think adds to her beauty, and is such a great performer.  I was happy to see Jenna be selected for the shoot, too, as I've been a big fan of hers since she first auditioned.  I agree with others that she is really growing up before our eyes and is turning into such a stunning beauty.  Every year she seems to become an even better performer, too.  Breelan should be watching and working with Jenna every chance she gets!  Seriously.

It is unfortunate that Judy and Kelli took a risk on Breelan and it does not appear to be panning out.  She has a deer in the headlights look and you can hear her brain going 1-2 kick to the left etc!  What I don't like about the Halloween outfits is the way it fits below the waist.  It is bunchy esp with the thighs and makes me think of an adult diaper.  Why not shorts instead?

I love Breelan...give her a break guys. There are PLENTY of former DCC's stars that needed that first year to sort everything out, and have said as much

She's 19 years old.  What were you like at 19?  I was a mess and didn't have it together half as well as these girls.  I'm sure some of you were too.  

Happy Sunday.  Go Cowboys!

• Love 1

I love Breelan...give her a break guys. There are PLENTY of former DCC's stars that needed that first year to sort everything out, and have said as much

She's 19 years old. What were you like at 19? I was a mess and didn't have it together half as well as these girls. I'm sure some of you were too.

Happy Sunday. Go Cowboys!

It's not hard to smile....

• Love 1

I spy with my little eye Mia Bliss dancing in today's pregame (99% sure she was filling for Rachel based on placement)! How many games is that for her this season? Why Mia and not any other All-Star?

It's not hard to smile....

Bailey3606, I think that it really depends on the person. I'm not sure as to whether you have danced in a big performance or stage production before, but it can really be difficult for some people to upkeep a smile. It differs from person to person though, and perhaps you are one who is lucky enough to be able to uphold a lively facial expression through an entire dance. 

I'm a dancer myself and when I am in my jazz class (admittedly not my favourite genre of dance), I start off trying to smile my brightest smile but if I can my reflection in the mirror midway through the performance, I sometimes am not smiling. My dance teacher even told me my face was dead. So yes, smiling during a dance -especially during one as exhausting as a halftime performance- can be challenging. It can be a combination of nerves and intense focus on the choreography amongst other things, which I am sure was exacerbated by the thousands of fans watching them on such a large, HD screen. 

That being said, Breelan really should focus on her facial expressions and I am sure Kelly and Judy will make sure to consult her about it. However, Kelly and Judy have proven many times over that they do know how to form a spectacular team of dancers, and I'm pretty they would have made the decision (they are the executives, Melissa Rycroft did not hold as much power as they did) to cut Breelan if they really believed that she didn't have the potential.

• Love 2

Y'all already got the halftime link I was going to post- and I'm so glad that out of over 7 minutes of video, Breelan stood out to so many others!  That was my  biggest thing!!!  She looks snotty and bored, although it probably is, as someone pointed out, just being focused, or counting in her head or whatever.  

I love the new costumes, I think they're very elegant and don't look nearly as cheap as some things they wear- I HATE the pink breast cancer/mini-mouse ones!

The other thing that stands out to me (in the TCJC/DCC halftime video) is how much bigger the college girls look than our DCC girls!    While they're beautiful, healthy girls, you have to wonder if they feel heavy and unpolished when sharing the field with DCC.  That's where Vivian came from, and even though she was small (for a short, muscular girl,) she didn't have that DCC body for sure her first year at auditions.  

Oh wow, one girl couldn't get one of her poms off at 3:29.

I think it may have gotten caught on her cufflinks. I wonder what Kelli and Judy said about that. I wish they had the show on for the actual season, so that we get more than just training camp. That's why MTT7 was my favourite season!

I want to say the backward mask was first done by Cassie during her solo performance. I don't remember which season of MTT that was. The judges looked impressed...or rather Judy did, and it seemed to be incorporated into the Halloween halftime show after that.

That whole mask/backward costume/etc thing was a Cassie audition piece a few years back but whoever came up with the piece deserves to be embarrassed by it so it's not entirely Cassie's fault it isn't "cute" or "unique" or "fun".  As far as I know, it is also the ONLY audition piece at all that went on to become wholesale part and parcel of a halftime show.  If that isn't true, please let me know.  I won't go on to say WHY it became part of the Halloween halftme show as that would lead into a rant but I think we can guess.