Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

16 minutes ago, DancingNurse said:

She really needs to up her game if she plans to do that. Cassie is probably paying her so the heat will be off her. 

Sam is in the black shorts and white shoes in the back row to your far left.

4 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Sam's been seen in classes before, I think she does it for fun.  I'll eat my words if I'm wrong, but I'll be surprised if she auditions.

Same here.... we can split a plate of words if she does :) 

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Yep. I’ll be shocked if Sam auditions. She’ll have a degree from Texas A&M. I bet she goes the career route instead, but we could all be eating our words!

If she does....then we can have a buffet :) 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Kayce said:

If she does....then we can have a buffet :) 

Count me in on that buffet. I don't see her auditioning, but I think it's great she is taking classes and having fun. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

So true all of this.  The more I learn about these girls the more I realize just how many of them got there with "an unfair advantage".  That is one of the reasons they only had 150 try out this year.  Girls are realizing this.

Wow, only 150? I had no idea.

I have been wondering what would spell the end of DCC: MTT, and I suspect we’ll be seeing the end of it sooner rather than later. Don’t throw tomatoes or make a voodoo doll, but we all know that all good things must end. Thirteen seasons is a looooooong run (even for a successful show) and I’m willing to bet that a decrease in audition hopefuls, an increase in drama-laden TCCs that are just there to get their Instagram-promoter career off the ground (ahem, Kalyssa), and Erica’s lawsuit will spell the end of our beloved show. And I would completely understand and support that decision - it’s starting to turn the way of a trashy reality TV show, and I believe Kelli is smart enough to pull the reigns in on that shit quickly. Time will tell.

• Love 15
9 minutes ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

I have been wondering what would spell the end of DCC: MTT, and I suspect we’ll be seeing the end of it sooner rather than later. Don’t throw tomatoes or make a voodoo doll, but we all know that all good things must end. Thirteen seasons is a looooooong run (even for a successful show) and I’m willing to bet that a decrease in audition hopefuls, an increase in drama-laden TCCs that are just there to get their Instagram-promoter career off the ground (ahem, Kalyssa), and Erica’s lawsuit will spell the end of our beloved show. And I would completely understand and support that decision - it’s starting to turn the way of a trashy reality TV show, and I believe Kelli is smart enough to pull the reigns in on that shit quickly. Time will tell.

Or Charlotte.

It will also mean the girls won't get the paycheck from the show & the additional visibility being on the show offered. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

All right, fine.  But when Lennon auditions, there needs to be...…...wait for it, a re-boot:)

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

I agree.  In this day and age they could still keep the squad process somewhat interactive...do some special, shorter vids (like webisodes?) on the cheerleaders section of site during TC...keep doing the twitter and instastories when something happens like group leaders/SG auditions/charity events, but give the girls some space from show edits.  Like, how many people have admitted they hate Kashara only because of how she was presented on MTT last year?  Kash didn't create or ask for that edit. Same with Jennifer K when she was on the squad.  And Christina gets dragged because of saying 'i want this so bad' multiple times and crying.  It's not like she went and asked to be shown 12 times during show saying those words with tears in her eyes or handed them old footage from previous years and said 'here, please use these in flashbacks to make me look really whiny.' 

i love the show as much as the next person here but i also just really like the DCC and would still follow the squad without the show.  The drama in the past few years just makes me sad. 

7 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Or Charlotte.

It will also mean the girls won't get the paycheck from the show & the additional visibility being on the show offered. 

that's true, but i think there are plenty of really quality women who would do it for far less notoriety and $. 

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

that's true, but i think there are plenty of really quality women who would do it for far less notoriety and $. 

Quite possibly that would be the case.  I just find the possibility of the other side effect, to be very sad.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Or Charlotte.

21 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

All right, fine.  But when Lennon auditions, there needs to be...…...wait for it, a re-boot:)

I think this is where the current show misses the mark. We have no more Abigails to root for. I feel they will focus heavily on the “legacies” this year, and while there’s nothing inherently wrong with that focus, what fun is it to watch the legacies ad nauseam when you know they’re going to make the team? It causes a situation like Kashara - inviting hate and wrath that could very well be unjustified.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

I guess they make decent money out of the show and last year they had the best run (ratings wise) so I don't think it will end soon. I want them to change up the format and probably hire another editing/producers team, but I want it to stay on for a couple more seasons.

• Love 4

Sam looks like she’s almost hiding in that video. I don’t blame her. She can’t even have a little bit of fun trying to take a class without speculation that she’s going to audition and a ton of criticism. She’s probably just bored and home for summer, so why not take a class?

• Love 16

I've watched the show since the beginning but it's been awhile since I've seen earlier seasons, so remind me what was so great about Abigail Klein? Lol I know she is considered one of the prettiest girls ever but still...I can't remember

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I've watched the show since the beginning but it's been awhile since I've seen earlier seasons, so remind me what was so great about Abigail Klein? Lol I know she is considered one of the prettiest girls ever but still...I can't remember

I think it was because she was so young and inexperienced.  She gets called into the office and is told she needs power, and her response is "Cool!"  She was so …….I can't think of a word......gawky??  at the etiquette class (whistle blows "ABIGAIL!!"  whistle blows again "ABIGAIL!!")  She left her prom early to memorize football facts, was so excited by the opportunities she got, overwhelmed at times.  She was so sweet, talented and GORGEOUS you hoped she would make it.

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

She's gorgeous and just had that "It" factor. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Very much what @scorpio1031 said.  The etiquette class just sealed the deal for me. #hilarious

Plus just so freaking likeable, funny and normal!  I couldn't help but like and pull for her.  It's never worn off to this day and for me, that's saying something.

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

She’s probably just bored and home for summer, so why not take a class?

Plus, people like Victoria & Dayton are her friends, I'm sure she has other dancer friends & this is a good way to spend time with them.

2 hours ago, DancingNurse said:

She's gorgeous and just had that "It" factor. 

One of the things I really like about her is she is soooo pretty, but her beauty is just a part of her. Like an arm or a leg. I never felt like she was trying to prove to everyone how pretty she is, if that makes sense. Even now, if you go to her instagram, there are mostly photos of just her, but they aren't the kind of photos that are begging people to tell how her how hot she is. You know the kind .... full makeup, pouty lips, body con outfit, poppin' the booty out, or one of those group photos with friends that's captioned "my friends are soooo beautiful."

Abigail's photos are more "here's an interesting place I went" or "here's a fun thing I did" or "here's someone I really care about." Like someone wrote upthread, she just seems normal. Relatable. A fun person to know.

Not to shade Jenna, but Abigail isn't someone who is going to post  a photo of herself in a ton of makeup, captioned "She is A Queen. Her Soul is Royalty."

Ok, I guess I did shade Jenna. But getta outta here with that caption, girl.

• Love 24
3 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I think it was because she was so young and inexperienced.  She gets called into the office and is told she needs power, and her response is "Cool!"  She was so …….I can't think of a word......gawky??  at the etiquette class (whistle blows "ABIGAIL!!"  whistle blows again "ABIGAIL!!")  She left her prom early to memorize football facts, was so excited by the opportunities she got, overwhelmed at times.  She was so sweet, talented and GORGEOUS you hoped she would make it.

When I watch especially her first season, she is just so pretty you can’t help but just stare at her. She is gorgeous. 

• Love 6

I just watched episode 205 on the CMT app (uniform fittings and etiquette) and I can't believe Kelli said to Abigail something to the effect of "you're about one cheeseburger away from hanging over there." I've heard rumors that she was on weight warning at some point and I just don't understand HOW. Totally agree with the posters upthread - she was so pleasant and likable and not conceited in the slightest.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I just watched episode 205 on the CMT app (uniform fittings and etiquette) and I can't believe Kelli said to Abigail something to the effect of "you're about one cheeseburger away from hanging over there." I've heard rumors that she was on weight warning at some point and I just don't understand HOW. Totally agree with the posters upthread - she was so pleasant and likable and not conceited in the slightest.

When Erica was brought into the office at the beginning of Season 3 for her weight, so was Abigail but it wasn’t shown.  There was a deleted scene on CMT showing them working out together.  Vets didn’t do well that year:/

• Love 2
11 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Ditto:)  I think it's cause she is back home for summer break and this was Sarah's last class for awhile.

Off topic but Sarah looks fantastic.

Abigail came to auditions heavier her second year. Kelli and Judy made her work out with Jay. She told him she ate junk food in her off time. She dropped the weight fast. Her rookie season was when Kelli made that comment...which never made sense. She was tiny. Maybe the shorts were just the wrong size.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, PBSLover said:

Off topic but Sarah looks fantastic.

Abigail came to auditions heavier her second year. Kelli and Judy made her work out with Jay. She told him she ate junk food in her off time. She dropped the weight fast. Her rookie season was when Kelli made that comment...which never made sense. She was tiny. Maybe the shorts were just the wrong size.

Off topic, but I agree about Sarah.  I wish I had the discipline to do what she is doing.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

Wasn't Abigail the one who allegedly tried to "steal" Melissa R's boyfriend?

I remember reading an article on People Magazine website about Melissa having her second child, and someone had posted a comment about Melissa accusing Abigail of trying to steal her boyfriend. I take it with a grain of salt of course. I guess Melissa was not a favorite among some of the girls on the squad. I also remember an insider saying on the old TWOP board about Crystal's husband dating other DCCs before he started dating her. No idea if this is true either.

Abigail Klein is just a natural beauty. She’s beautiful with or without makeup. It just comes naturally... she doesn’t have to try and be beautiful, she just IS beautiful. Plus she’s funny and isn’t afraid to poke fun at herself. Her bone structure reminds me of Grace Kelly. My all time favorite DCC. 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Abigail Klein is just a natural beauty. She’s beautiful with or without makeup. It just comes naturally... she doesn’t have to try and be beautiful, she just IS beautiful. Plus she’s funny and isn’t afraid to poke fun at herself. Her bone structure reminds me of Grace Kelly. My all time favorite DCC. 

My all time fav too.  She was the first DCC I ever followed.  She comes across so down to earth while also being unbelievably naturally stunning.  I find it amazing that she remains so normal and not self obsessed with posting selfies, caterpillar eyelash eyes or nude photos.  Others could learn a thing or two from her.

• Love 8
(edited)
On 6/14/2018 at 2:51 PM, nittanyvolleyball said:

Her maiden name is Smedley 

Yes, Smedley..thanks for the reminder. 

Another reason I asked about Tasha/Ivy's last name is because when Tasha posted the HBD video on her IG, there was a pic of Tasha when she was pregnant (she was looking in a mirror) and she had these huge letters that spelled out Ivy's name and it said "Ivy Cruz", which confused me. So that is why I thought Ivy was born a Cruz...anyway maybe I imagined it, or I've completely lost it.. LOL. 

Edited by DCCFAN71
On 6/16/2018 at 12:40 PM, go4luca said:

My all time fav too.  She was the first DCC I ever followed.  She comes across so down to earth while also being unbelievably naturally stunning.  I find it amazing that she remains so normal and not self obsessed with posting selfies, caterpillar eyelash eyes or nude photos.  Others could learn a thing or two from her.

Love her!! 

Unpopular opinion time.  I think Lauren is adorable.  Cute as a button and a great dancer.  BUT, the constant Christian talk Is too much for me.  It’s very polarizing.  Religion talk and political talk are on the same line to me. Ok I’ll sneak out now

• Love 17

Major eye roll.  We're talking about a cheerleading squad.  We're talking about entertainment and for all intents and purposes, entertainment during leisure activities.  FFS what is this world coming to when scripture is posted about the trials and tribulations of going out for a cheerleading squad.  It's beyond melodramatic. 

• Love 12
55 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I attend a weekly bible study, and even I roll my eyes at some of the things people in our group ask us to pray for.... then I pray for myself for being so bitchy and eyerolly. ?

Ha! Right now the county I live in is dealing with flooding again. One small town had to close their roads leading into town because of the flooding. I would rather be thinking and praying for the people, animals, farmers/ranchers and emergency personnel who are being affected by all the flooding. Please do not get me wrong...I am sending good wishes and thoughts for the DCC Organization, vets and TC Candidates because of all the drama they are dealing with. but I rather have prayers for people who are dealing with the emotional  pain and physical damage caused by mother nature.

Anyone heard anything about the DC Star swimsuit edition? Last year it came out at the beginning of June. I know the calendar shoot was later this year.

6 hours ago, Slate said:

Anyone heard anything about the DC Star swimsuit edition? Last year it came out at the beginning of June. I know the calendar shoot was later this year.

I think that magazine folded and last year was the last.  Could be wrong tho